Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Weapons: concept, creation. MS paint guide too. NEW: beam sword tut

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Weapons: concept, creation. MS paint guide too. NEW: beam sword tut
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/29/2009 1:15:47   
ShadowLurks
The lurking shadow

Great guide. I can finally make weapons! :)

Just alittle note:

quote:

The wrapping on a blade is somehting

I'm guessing you mean 'something' :P
AQ  Post #: 76
5/29/2009 14:41:01   
siris99
Weapons Master

Yea, I'll be honest, there are spelling mistakes that make me cringe when I re-read them. I am currently going through and editing everything to be correctly spelled. The paint guide will be harder, as that is an image and not just text. Look for everything to be fixed in the next day or so though.

EDIT: Okay, everything should be fine now, including the paint tips image. I am only human, so if anything is off, feel free to let me know.

< Message edited by siris99 -- 5/29/2009 15:36:46 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 77
6/2/2009 23:16:51   
siris99
Weapons Master

Added a new Tutorial for a weapon I am calling the Tuner Blade. It is basic in design, but is great for lighting and shading practice, so feel free to give it a try.

EDIT: It actually is great for toying around with because of the simplicity, so it lends itself to being modded. dagger, sword, spear, and double ended spear

< Message edited by siris99 -- 6/4/2009 15:42:43 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 78
6/25/2009 17:16:53   
Captain Graarg

i tried out your Emerald Fate Tut, and got this!

The Ruinous Rune Blade!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
7/17/2009 9:29:35   
Nexolous

I tryed the tuner blade tut. It worked out well. I changed the handle a lil bit.
DF  Post #: 80
10/1/2009 22:34:11   
lycan bites

I'm going to need to try thus out. But first I most get an aproved gallery. :D

Deception, Disgrace
AQW  Post #: 81
5/12/2010 17:12:15   
Icyblue

Can I be a bit of a pessimist?

• In nowhere in the tutorials that I saw did you mention stacks of colors, or hard color shading. In nowhere in the tutorials did I see you mention dithering or the like.

Call me crazy, but knowing the right depth instead of having it so... In-your-face-flat helps seperate it from the rest. Not to mention, a .JPG tutorial is unclean and creates an artificial depth due to the fragmented pixels from .JPGing it. If you must, use .jpg13 or something. I understand that AE has a policy about in-site .PNG pictures, but an offsite one? It's not very newbie friendly, considering ALL pixel art is best as a .png for maximum quality.

And due to the childrens aimed at this site itself, wouldn't it be better for maximum clarity?
DF AQW  Post #: 82
7/23/2011 0:10:39   
Shad D. Rikudo

Ok i know i sound really...slow...but i have very limited knowledge about computers, and i would like to know:
How do i submit my art from MS Paint?
AQW  Post #: 83
7/23/2011 5:29:12   
Alpha Atom

Well it's quite simple really, firstly, go to file -> save and save it as something like... myweapon.png

Once you've done that, head over to http://tinypic.com and just upload your file there. At the end, you'll see something called the "direct link", copy/paste that link, and put it within [img] tags if it's pretty small and just as a link if it's not.
AQW Epic  Post #: 84
2/26/2012 9:54:27   
KingOblivion800

i still have no idea how to make a weapon, like do i post the drawing or something? please get back to me anybody!!!!!!!
Post #: 85
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Weapons: concept, creation. MS paint guide too. NEW: beam sword tut
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition