Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Meet the Mods - This week, Kaley!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> RE: =AQ= Meet the Mods - This week, Kaley!
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/17/2005 2:26:44   
Scully

is my current av better than these? and because i need to know which avatar to use
You can't make up your own mind?

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 6:02:43 >
AQ DF  Post #: 176
3/17/2005 2:54:00   
juliebriggs

1. What do you say to those who feel moderators can a bit heavy handed in moving or deleting posts? Its happened to me a few times and I accept the decision as for the common good but in my case at least feel the topics I post often can fit in more than one forum.
What I say is forum culture is changing. The "heavy-handed"ness here is nothing compared to what it is at other websites with forums. The moderating style of this forum has tended to be rather lenient, and obviously the reason for that is we didn't have enough moderators to keep up with everything so we were targetting the "big issues", well I think all the moderators wished the boards could be a little "neater". With the hiring of the new mods and all the archknights, we now have enough people to be able to do a little better job with everything. You shouldn't feel upset if some of your posts are moved or deleted ... you weren't banned, right? Having a moved thread isn't like being scolded, it's just ... moved. It's no big deal. And as you get used to it, it'll happen less and less. But it's not a surprise that it'll take a bit for some of the people who are used to the old moderating style to get comfortable with the new one.

2. I was a bit surprised last time I saw an advert for the moderator job in these postings as to the response. It seems that a lot of people out there have lots of time on their hands to help the AQ community. Do you feel that enthusiasm could be better channelled to help one's own local community and if so how?
I think people should want to help everywhere, so calling one or the other better isn't necessarily appropriate. ^_^ We don't know that they aren't helping in their local community.

3. AQ is a great game else you or I wouldn't be having this dialogue, but how do you get round the boredom of having to repeat quests when there is nothing else in the game left to do?
I don't play the game anymore, I (help to) make it. :)

4. The graphics in AQ are great and it is one of your interests. Should not more effort be expended in making the game more intellectually challenging (relates to above point)?
The engine that AQ runs on (the core, the base, the foundation) has some limitations. Awhile ago, Artix told me that it was okay to let people know that we are working on other games. AQ is never going to stop being worked on, and we will have other games that might provide more of an intellectual challenge, and other things that can be added to games (maybe PvP? more variety? different type of game? true RPG?) So hang around and there will be more, lots more. There will be more AQ, and more non-AQ.

5. What are your life goals?
To be a graphic artist. :)

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 6:12:35 >

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.
AQ  Post #: 177
3/17/2005 6:56:23   
Powerocket89
Helpful

Why din you answer some of the questions that we asked? Is it u do not know them OR are you juz too shy to tell us?
If I didn't want to answer a question (and I believe it is my right to not answer a couple of questions if I don't want to), I wouldn't. If it was already asked, I might not answer it. Usually I'd say I already answered it, but sometimes not. If I didn't understand what the question was asking, I might not say anything. If the question was obviously someone just fooling around then I didn't see any point in saying something. I'm trying to make sure I give you the full Kaley experience without wearing me out. :)

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 7:54:47 >
AQ  Post #: 178
3/17/2005 8:30:39   
Luz

Is it true that you want to become the NPC for the Necromancer Class Quest?
Tha's what I said. Yep.

If yes, why not ask Artix or another staff member about it? Then you could draw yourself as an NPC. ^^
Who says I haven't?

And you'd have to get rid of that Morguss or whatever-his-name is guy.

Edit: Lol, keep trying, I guess. And good luck with that. Also, thank you for your time.

< Message edited by Luz -- 3/17/2005 8:34:56 >

AQ  Post #: 179
3/17/2005 9:13:57   
gael

why do yuo think Galonoth?

I think he's great to work with.
edit i mean why do you think galonoth would want to be rich?

< Message edited by gael -- 3/17/2005 9:26:10 >
Post #: 180
3/17/2005 9:41:42   
Kaley
Slacker Necromancer

A summary for the lazy:

My real name is Heather. I am a girl ( http://aliens.battleon.com/other/me2.jpg ). I have 2 pet turtles ( http://aliens.battleon.com/other/myturtles.jpg ) whose names are Bubbles and Baby. I have a few plants. When I have spare time I idle on IRC and IM, draw, or play games on my GBA. I do like RPG games and have a few (which I won't name again here, but I have already listed them). I am currently single and have no current plans on getting married or having kids, although I'm not against the idea of that in the future. My faith is Christian, my religion is none, my denomination is none, and no I don't want to talk more about that here but if you'd like to email me about that it's okay.

I work in Kalamazoo, Michigan (USA) for an automotive supplier ( http://www.summitpolymers.com ). We make instrument panels and consoles for various car companies like Ford, GM, Daimler-Chrysler, Nissan, and Toyota. I am a data-guru. My official title is engineering technician, data management, which is just a fancy way of saying "entry level grunt". I have pursued careers as a computer programmer, IT tech support, artist, CAD designer, and mechanical engineer. Right now the CAD is winning, but I am hoping to be a fulltime artist eventually.

My parents got me an art tutor when I was 4 and I've been doodling in the margins of my homework ever since. I have only had a very small amount of formal training (1 year in highschool in addition to the tutor).

I was a nerd in high school. I graduated valedictorian. I was in student council, honor society, and played on academic teams (Quiz Bowl) as well as being a 4-year cross country runner. I have a good underhand volleyball serve but pretty much suck at everything else in volleyball. I was in basketball in junior high. Cross country is better and I miss running. I have to lose a bit of weight and fix my bad ankle, but I plan to run again. I have a treadmill!

I found AQ from an ad on 8-Bit Theater. I have always wanted to be a game artist so I emailed Artix and he liked my work and my comic and I was hired more than a year ago. I don't recommend trying this now because the AQ community is too big and Artix gets too much email. I don't play AQ anymore and probably can't answer any of your AQ questions.

I became a mod because I was already on staff. I do like being a mod but don't have a whole lot of time for it. I wish I did have some more time.

My favorite color is blue. My favorite flower is white rose. My favorite car is one that gets good gas mileage. My favorite animal is the dragon. My favorite humanoid race is elf. My alignment in D&D is neutral good, although I have never played the game and don't have a character. I don't do forum RPs. I played Magic:The Gathering for awhile but don't play anymore.

EDIT: I forgot some!

Do I like your sig? If it follows sig rules I do. Do I like your avatar? Yes. Do I like your character? Yes. Do I like you? You are my bestest friend.

Favorite dragon? Cyrus. Favorite gecko? Pae. Favorite vephoma? Vephoma. What is a vephoma? It's like a buffalo, but smaller and more bouncy. Favorite IRC channel? #3apd Favorite mod/staff member? I wuvs dem all equal-like. Favorite AQ equipment? necrostaff. Favorite webcomic? 3APD. What is 3APD? Currently not updating webcomic I do. See my sig.

My gallery/homepage? http://kaleyobsidia.deviantart.com and http://www.3apd.com

Art software of choice? Gimp or photoshop elements. Art media of choice? 0.5mm mechanical pencil, side-click, HB lead. I also like Lyra colored pencils.

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 10:11:08 >

| Comic| Comic Forum| Art Gallery| Get Gimped|
Post #: 181
3/17/2005 9:44:18   
Master Of Fire
Dragon Master

How Old are You?
Very, very old.

How can you be a girl when you are very very old? You are supposed to be a lady/woman then :P
I'm between 20 and 30 and I say girl cuz I'm not married. I'm not in school anymore.

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 10:09:23 >
AQ  Post #: 182
3/17/2005 10:32:34   
gael

uh..... you have an excentrice sense of logic.\

i always thought oshii was guy then i saw his/her character page wich is a girl so which is it people keep refering to him/her as him so wich is it is he/she a guy or girl.

Oishii is a girl. Zhilo is a guy.

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 10:43:55 >
Post #: 183
3/17/2005 11:37:31   
juliebriggs

Kaley, I liked your reply. Keep up the good work.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.
AQ  Post #: 184
3/17/2005 12:03:47   
azurah
Creative - Ice Cold Hottie!

Oh kaley ur a girl :P

oh here is my question: DO you think im the coolest dude? Vephy thinks it.
I don't know you.

And is it true that ur age is 26?
Nope.

And do you like ff7?
Yep.

And have you seen my suggestion of IN game trading?
I saw someone's suggestion for it. I passed that on to Galanoth.

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 12:12:01 >

? damn thi person who changes meh siggy... Ironick! rules (not) lv 78 i will be back...
AQ  Post #: 185
3/17/2005 16:04:14   
bali
Helpful

Why did you delete your thread on annoyances in OOC ? :p
I didn't delete it and I don't know who did. I wish they hadn't or at least had left a reason. :(

I hope it wasn't because I complained about every living being :s :p

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 16:26:25 >

AQ  Post #: 186
3/17/2005 16:18:45   
Binky

Do you have a toaster, if so, what brand is it? Does it make good bread?
I have a toaster oven. It makes good grilled chicken.

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 16:27:20 >
AQ  Post #: 187
3/17/2005 16:26:16   
Andras

Is it me, or are these questions starting to get crazy? That is an actual question too!

For all those that are asking crazy questions..... dats mene job! Mene!
Post #: 188
3/17/2005 16:27:46   
bitoboy
Banned Multi

whos on next week?
Looks like Cyrus but it won't be for sure till Monday.

Post #: 189
3/17/2005 17:53:18   
Destined Darkness

How about my siggy? do you like it? I made it for you... it took forever....

I love everyone's sig.

And after reading 10 pages, do you think anything should be improved in AQ? What?
I like AQ the way it is.

Do you think you know CaelCryos? After all, he is an mentalist I MEAN elementalist...
I don't know Cael very well.

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 21:17:33 >

... Pleh. My Post count went down by 2000. How nice.
Post #: 190
3/17/2005 20:18:04   
choco yo

this is probably a really paphetic question but what does BTH of ... mean?
AQ  Post #: 191
3/17/2005 20:58:48   
Destined Darkness

Wrong thread, but it means Bonus to Hit.
Post #: 192
3/17/2005 21:20:47   
Kaley
Slacker Necromancer

I was going to say Behind the Heather ... >_>
Post #: 193
3/17/2005 21:30:52   
S_BoNK
BoNK!!!

Heard of any other BoNks?

Your fave BoNK?

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the word 'BoNK'?
An old Sega Genesis game with a caveman that ate meat to regain health.

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 22:04:15 >
AQ  Post #: 194
3/17/2005 22:24:27   
Lord Altima

What party do you usually use in FFTA?
I try to keep everyone's levels equal.

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 22:37:46 >
DF  Post #: 195
3/17/2005 22:27:47   
Rai Spellfang
True evil needs no shirt!

I'm just curious Kaley... I thought of it when you brought up Zhilo being one of the staff artists...

Do you think/know if any more members of the staff be introduced as fightable characters/enemies? It's not that we hate you, it's just that it'd be kinda cool to fight you all...
I don't know, but I'm thinking about making a vephoma monster...

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 22:40:53 >

Meh
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 196
3/17/2005 23:36:27   
dwwb

are most of u guys,like u,artix,gal,cap',zhilo and people meet to do work about AQ together or what?
We meet online.

< Message edited by Kaley -- 3/17/2005 23:42:29 >
AQ  Post #: 197
3/17/2005 23:58:40   
Vephoma

I thought really long and hard about a questions for you. I mean, with Smbdoll, it was easy. With you, I had to think...

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop?

99. I counted once.

< Message edited by Vephoma -- 3/18/2005 0:05:58 >
AQ DF  Post #: 198
3/18/2005 0:01:57   
Da Dragon Slaya
Combat Training Dragon Slayer

If you could do anything with this game what would it be?

Draw a vephoma.

I have manly flem.

I don't. :(

We are going to ruin this post, aren't we? =P

Stay out of this Vephy. Hey I'm her Winged Buffalo, or Bull, I forget.

Hey, you have to stay black, so we know it's still you! XD

Happy now, and I did fix your spelling errors. You winged buffalo imposter =P

< Message edited by da_dragon_slaya -- 3/18/2005 0:25:06 >
AQ  Post #: 199
3/18/2005 0:04:36   
EdillyEm

Well, do you like your life?
Sure.

What would you rate BattleOn(out of 10)?
It's a pretty cool website.

What do you do for a life?
I do stuff.

Do you have pets?
Yes.

Do you have any funny inccident that you want to share with us?
This week I tried to buy a hotel room without money.

Who is your favourite Staff?
necrostaff

How much would you rate yourself for your work contributed to BattleON(out of 10)?
I never contributed to the website.

Do you get payed for being a Staff, and helping the game?
I'm a volunteer.

My Suggestion: Over 7, 100 Views!
AQ  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> RE: =AQ= Meet the Mods - This week, Kaley!
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition