Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Possible rule?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Possible rule?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/27/2006 23:21:07   
OriginalNavineous
Banned

IS it a possible rule that soon splices won't be aloud because I make splices and have a splice shop and I really need to know.
Post #: 1
8/27/2006 23:27:33   
skyboy59

why wouldnt they be allowed? lol

i mean, no reason they would be banned...
AQ  Post #: 2
8/27/2006 23:29:15   
OriginalNavineous
Banned

Well this guy said it will be banned in the future on a thread and I was very un-happy
Post #: 3
8/27/2006 23:36:25   
skyboy59

:/ which guy lol

anyways, banned spices would be like banned entire digi community...

though ugh, dont claim spices are your own... they arent yours... you just editted them, the pokemon pictures belong to whoever you got them from, or from nintendo? forget who owns pokemon lol
AQ  Post #: 4
8/27/2006 23:40:32   
.//Obsession

I had been talking to metal about them, looks like sprites will be down to Heavy edits and Customs. I helped decide this. As an experienced spriter, he's taking my opinoin into thought. Nothing more.

Splicing is NOT art. It takes little to no skill. That's why it may end up resrticted.. I think I have the Pm..

Edit: Here we are. Straight from Metal.

quote:

As much as you all may dislike the sig makers section, the rules are about to become just like it. A poll would be good, but there are far to many inexperienced spriters roaming the board not aware that what they are doing is wrong, and I don't need their opinions.

Some ideas I have are a definition of ripping a sprite from a game, and stealing a sprite from another member, the extent one may "splice" a sprite, copyright laws game creators have on their property, knock-off's of other members sprites and what risk you're taking by doing such, recoloring, and overall what sprites you may call your own, and ones you can't take any credit more than just chopping them up and rearranging them.

Sprite rules will be tightened and enforced, I know you members who've been doing it for awhile will appreciate it, but I anticipate a large number of the forum to disregard the new rules, but that's their choice.

I have removed the end, for it pertains to me and me alone. Don't ask for it.

< Message edited by Kereo Takana -- 8/27/2006 23:42:49 >
AQ  Post #: 5
8/27/2006 23:44:09   
OriginalNavineous
Banned

VampireHSS said this person said it.

< Message edited by Navineous -- 8/27/2006 23:45:30 >
Post #: 6
8/27/2006 23:45:49   
skyboy59

heh yeah... i agree somewhat with what was said...

but doesnt that also apply to all renders that people use? since they are normally brushed over/resized/otherwise changed to fit the sigs? lol
AQ  Post #: 7
8/27/2006 23:49:50   
wolfythegreat

skyboy does have a point...
Post #: 8
8/28/2006 0:04:02   
chickenbakeok

splicing isnt art? it takes no skill? i think the opposite...it takes a certain skill to make it look natural, recoloring is a skill, and splicing is somewhat like making a lower lvl mug, which is like ur saying that doesnt take skill, if it wasnt for practicing and gaining "skill" i wouldnt be able to make a splice that looked natural and fits together like a whole new pokemon

but i do agree and disagree about some points about inexperienced spriters but as skyboy said wat about the renders? and fe mugs, there all about the same thing....

< Message edited by chickenbakeok -- 8/28/2006 0:06:54 >

Post #: 9
8/28/2006 10:49:20   
OriginalNavineous
Banned

I agree with you Chickenbakeok! But I disagree with some splicing people like its just a hobbie I think is better then a hobbie!

< Message edited by Navineous -- 8/28/2006 10:50:48 >
Post #: 10
8/28/2006 11:35:33   
chrislongden3
Banned

I agree that splicing needs little no creative skill. Its just saying, "i can put two images together" which anyone will a brain cell and MS paint can do.
AQ  Post #: 11
8/28/2006 11:38:20   
OriginalNavineous
Banned

Yes but the blending and coloring it take little skill but not none now lets not start a flame war.
Post #: 12
8/28/2006 15:31:01   
skyboy59

you have to recolor sprites too and blend egdes too...

just because some people doesnt do them well doesnt mean it isnt done..

like some people dont do it to renders... but its ok for them to use teh render?
AQ  Post #: 13
8/28/2006 15:40:55   
UltraWarrior

So this was the rule l2agnarok was talking about...Gosh....If it would become a rule....Every single spriters work (except for the ones with plenty of customs) will go to waste! It could cause total alteration of the GoCA for months.....And...what would the spriters do anyways? It's like we have any other forums to go to...
Post #: 14
8/28/2006 17:07:49   
.//Obsession

I TOLD VHSS!

Raggy and I are the ones working with metal about spriting atm.

Splicing and Recolors are theivery. They are copyrighted characters. If you make it, your just making it for yourself, and it would be illegal to share it.

Ultra, as Metal said, this is soon to be just like the Digital Arts. And, I'll say this, if Raggy and I get our way, I'm gonna make sure there will be no one getting away with theivery. All of the arts soon to be banned are theivery to an extent, and I don't like them.

Skyboy, the thing with render is that unless the rendered it themselves, then there not really sharing it. Also, when the do render it, it was a skilled art. The reason there should be NO recolors is because there are internet programs that all you have to do is type in the colors and it recolors it for you.
AQ  Post #: 15
8/28/2006 17:20:35   
UltraWarrior

Ok Kereo, I understand about Spriting (yes I ahve read your quote on Metal's PM)...but explain to me...what is the population of novice to medium spriters going to do? Just leave the forums entirely?
Post #: 16
8/28/2006 17:22:06   
Chameleonare

Yeah right..
Post #: 17
8/28/2006 17:26:58   
UltraWarrior

I doubt certain spriters have the ability to make sigs/avvies....(such as myself) I don't wanna lose such a good hobby...
Post #: 18
8/28/2006 17:27:32   
Zero Hex

Um. If the company who made the sprites aren't gaining or losing profit, they really don't care. So it isn't illegal to use sprites. If it was, they would've taken action as soon as sprites hit the internet.

Edit: Oops. 'Aren't' not 'are'. XD

< Message edited by Zero Hex -- 8/28/2006 17:28:33 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
8/28/2006 17:28:44   
UltraWarrior

Quite agreeable Zero Hex...would you explain to me about that?
Post #: 20
8/28/2006 17:35:25   
Zero Hex

quote:

A note on the Fair Use Clause.
Fair use makes copyrighted work available to the public as raw material without the need for permission or clearance, so long as such free usage serves the purpose of copyright law, which the U.S. Constitution defines as the promotion of "the Progress of Science and useful Arts" (I.1.8), better than the legal enforcement of claims of infringement. The doctrine thereby attempts to balance the interests of individual copyright holders with the social or cultural benefits that follow from the creation and distribution of derivative works. Insofar as this doctrine protects forms of expression that might otherwise be enjoined as infringing copyright, it has been related to First Amendment free speech protections in the U.S. Constitution.

From the GoCA Rules. :|
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
8/28/2006 17:35:34   
VampireHSS

"I TOLD VHSS! " duh... that's one of the reasons why noobs are called noobs, they do not deduce things...

skyboy59: That was one of the things I though when started to make sigs and such... Since everyone did it I though it wouldn't be a problem... That's why I wanna learn 3d art and be able to do my own renders one day <.<
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
8/28/2006 17:41:05   
UltraWarrior

Zero Hex: I'm not so familiar with U.S. law...but I understand what it says.
EDIT: isn't there a 'Terms of Use' for pokemon sprites?

< Message edited by UltraWarrior -- 8/28/2006 17:45:46 >
Post #: 23
8/28/2006 17:50:27   
VampireHSS

I guess not because when pokemons were made originally weren't supposed to be sprites.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
8/28/2006 17:52:58   
UltraWarrior

Then how come there are sprite rescources for not just Pokemon...but for most or every video game?
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Possible rule?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition