Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= [Merged] Meet the "Hey what exactly are you anyway" - Falerin =AE=

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> RE: =AE= [Merged] Meet the "Hey what exactly are you anyway" - Falerin =AE=
Page 3 of 17«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/1/2005 13:10:14   
Commander Wiggin

Hey, Falerin, I've got 2 questions.
First, what is the Utimate Question to Life, the Universe, and Everything, and what is the Answer to the Question?

See above...; Alternatively hire an Exorcist to consult Douglas Adams for another popular alternative

Second: Can a European swallow carry a coconut from a tropical area to a temperate zone?

What variety of Coconut...

If yes, I will hug a squirrel.

Liliana's favorite animal is the Squirrel. Go Hug a Squirrel for her.

(hugs squirrel for Liliana)

< Message edited by Commander Wiggin -- 9/6/2005 10:44:01 >
AQ DF  Post #: 51
7/5/2005 14:39:56   
Lorelegend

Hey, i love writng stories because im new here and im no guardian so i can barely ever play, can u tell me how to become a loremaster like you?? By the way,if you happen to come across my new story "The Thief That Stole Life", leave a comment there or you can post a comment in the overall lore section, i have a post up about ti, so check it out.

I will take a look when I have some more free time. As to becoming LoreMaster it is a staff position and I am the only one... one of a kind. However becoming a Lorekeeper just involves sharing stories and recording them

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 22:46:38 >
AQ  Post #: 52
7/6/2005 0:17:44   
KoibatlupeSnowager

Hi, Falerin..
Coffee or lemonade?

In the summer undoubtedly Lemonade... at other times depends on mood, time, and occasion

Candy or cake?

Baked goods win this one by a considerable margin though I do love candy

Ice or Snow?

Crushed ice in my drinks. Neither on my roads.... though ice is worse...

Winter or Spring?
Winter makes for picturesque landscapes but is otherwise Anathema. I dislike extremes in temperature so summer is bad too. Spring wins this hands down as does autumn. I would be hard pressed to decide between the two of them but autumn might win because of the harvest...

thanks..bye!

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 21:38:36 >

I never use the Bug Tracker (even when I find a bug) because it is too confusing for me. There are too many options. And those options are too nebulously defined for me to understand them.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
7/7/2005 3:03:48   
Thraxin0

Hey falerin nice to meet you i was just wondering would you everrule the word if you had the chance.

Depends on which world and what you mean by 'if you had the chance'. I would not use force to become the ruler of the world. However if made the worlds leader by acclamation.. sure... I would rule it.. how good a ruler I would make in that fictictious circumstance is entirely too hypothetical for me...

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 21:40:21 >
AQ  Post #: 54
7/7/2005 9:54:30   
Hero of Winds

Falerin, I've got one more UnCreator-based question to ask you:

I'm running an RP where he is the main villain. The only way to defeat him to find eight elemental weapons of great power and use them against him. How exactly should I RP him? Would you say that he primarilly is a somewhat pompous and grand villain like, oh say, Ganondorf, or is he manipulative, sinister, secretive and knowledgable, sort of like Sephiroth? I assume it's the second, but I've been RPing him as a little bit of both. Just want your knowledge on the matter.

And the group has accumulated seven of the weapons, and are about to go after the eighth. Would he send most of his minions to the place where the last weapon, or would he gather his defenses around his great tower, and prepare for the inevitable siege?

I also have him as the main villain in a fan-fic. Just want your input. Thanks.

He is complicated. Middle of the road here is the best choice. However it should be noted that whatever form anyone defeats is as best a shell... the uncreator keeps his full self safely tucked away... Still if his minions like Carnax are as powerful as they are.. his shells are even stronger....

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 21:41:55 >
AQ  Post #: 55
7/8/2005 8:43:36   
Lorelegend

hey, i was wondering how i could become a lorekeeper because i love lore

Being a LoreKeepr in itself means you share fiction and collect it...

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 21:42:32 >

AQ  Post #: 56
7/8/2005 22:29:00   
MADemocrat

Q: Why is Carnax attempting to enter Lore?

This is hinted at several places... He serves a force even more powerful then he who seeks to once again make himself known in lore. Carnax is part of that but he will succeed even should Carnax fail.

Q: Has he come before?

His master surely has... as for Carnax himself... quite possibly

Q: If so, how was he fought? If not, how will we fight him?

The methods by which his master was defeated are lost to time... if in fact he was defeated at all....

Q: What exactly is the UnCreator?

Known to some as the Devourer the Uncreator is an ancient created being who the Drakel lore says came to fear the world in which he was created after becoming the love of the goddess of creation and evolving into a god of his own right. According to their lore because The'galin (The Uncreator's true name) feared the gods would lose everything if creation overtook them, he sought to undo creation to protect his interests... It is more complex and much more is to be said but I cannot reveal all.

Q: Has he come before?

Definitely so he was born here

Q: What is his purpose?

See above

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 22:52:37 >
Post #: 57
7/11/2005 2:09:41   
davidfreeland6060

Q:Is the Wind Lord the enemy of the Earth Lord?

Depends largely on whom you ask and when... Truthfully none of the elemental lords may be each others enemies... Instead the dissention is cauised by confused members of their church lead astray by the lies of the Uncreator

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 22:53:52 >
AQ DF  Post #: 58
7/13/2005 22:13:31   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Hello again.

I've always wondered, since reading your stories, (On a side note of which, I eagerly await updates to Confrontation, any hope of that soon?) Why set them on a different continent? Was it something you just did, or is there a specifice reasoning behind it? If there is, could you explain it, please?

As to the sidenote... Clearly nothing very soon as I am answering even this very late. I do hope to resume both of my paused stories in the near future. As to the different continent there were several reasons. It helped to flesh out and expand the world and it gave me a blank canvas not constrained by the game. So while I can reflect events in the game I am not fixed to them.. nor do they take control of my story. A good thing as the game has numerous designers and numerous ideas about things and things can change quickly.. This is not to say that events in my stories dont impact the game or that the fact the game will never venture to Deren or other places mentioned... Things have been discussed but they may never happen before AdventureQuest 2 which is distant at best

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 21:45:43 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
7/13/2005 23:21:12   
Guardian of Nekops

Greetings, Loremaster.

I am here mostly to pay my respects, but I would also like to learn of the history, if any, of Greengard Forest. There doesn't seem to be much going on there.

Thank you in advance for your response.

The GreenGuard forest is ancient and holds some very ancient secrets. There are reasons the Drakel were so interested. Greenguard is also home to many many races other then those seen obviously.. .I touch on greenguard lightly in my Audience Participation story...

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 21:47:17 >

Here to save the world, one standard at a time.
AQ  Post #: 60
7/18/2005 15:46:14   
TankHunter

Dear Lore Master,

Great lore master please bring your expert knowledge on this thread http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=1757987 so far all information that these pacifists (to put it in a kinder term) is, as far as I've reserched, non-exsistant. The war is going slow enough already and these pacifists in their argument are not helping in speeding up the battle so we an end this war. All information I have brought forth to them is the information that was in the story that led to this point, and they are denying every word I've said, and I've double checked the inormation, they are basicly saying "Thats what they want you to think". So can you please bring the truth to that thread?

Sincerly,
TankHunter

I fear you will not find the answer I provide to be of your liking given the tenor of the question. However since my response comes so much after the fact it matters little. I am leery of genocide. I am leery of wars based on pretense. Delaying wars should not be considered bad. As to their arguments being nonexistent... I dont know about that... The Uncreator is clearly the greater enemy... I feature a Drakel Hero in my main fictions... my opinion should be clear on this matter

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 21:49:50 >

AQ  Post #: 61
7/19/2005 13:06:50   
Ricu

Wait...There is a limit to how long your posts can be? Falerin is this really true? Becasue if so then that will casue some problems for my stories later...

I believe the limit is on the size of an individual post not the thread

secondly I was wandering if it was a bad thing to be useing characters from my stories for my rp characters. For example I use Ricu in every rp, and someone might possibly get the wrong idea about him...

Why would you play him as an RP differently then you wish to present his personality in your fictions. If you play him consistently there is no difference. If however he has a drastically different personality then theres conflict... Why play the same character at all if they are not the same... Rather declare them to be two individuals who happen to share the same name...

Well anyways I do love to read your stories, and thanks for the help.

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 21:51:58 >

AQ  Post #: 62
7/19/2005 20:59:12   
TankHunter

I know the answers this is a test for how much you know about Halo.

<Massive ammount of Halo Questions Deleted for lack of useful answers>

I have to prempt these questions by stating that I do not own an XBOX so all I know of the Halo Universe comes from G4 Tech TV. Admittedly this is little and does not delve at all into trivia...

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 21:53:37 >
AQ  Post #: 63
7/22/2005 16:12:37   
bård

hi! My name is Garak ( The reply i will get now is: dah!)

wich country do you live in? if norway tell me what this means: hei jeg heter bård i norge (i took all your candy)

I am a citizen and resident of the United States. I have friends near Oslo but I do not unfortunately speak any scandinavian tounge including Norwegian... Give me back that candy...

how is it being THE LoreMaster?

I enjoy it generally

What is your favorite game?

Depends on how we are defining game... Computer Game, Role-playing Game, CRPG, Card Game. Board Gamel. Party Game. Console Game. I cannot really compare Apples to I-Macs.

i ate all the candy i took soo can i have some more?

All my poor candy....

can i bee a staff member?

I cannot comment on your abili

See above

That's all (i think )

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 21:58:20 >
AQ  Post #: 64
7/25/2005 4:52:46   
dragon killa

dragon ball z is a cool show that got canceled

Is this a question?

I did not dislike dragon ball z. Nor did I have a passion for it. I liked DragonBall in general better because Z was so fixated on endless and never resolving combat scenarios whereas DragonBall had much more storyline interaction. I cannot speak to GT as by the time it was available to me I lost interest in the Franchise...

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 21:59:50 >
AQ  Post #: 65
7/26/2005 6:45:47   
Mandrax

Will there be anymore Megdragons?

by the way, nice to meet you

I have heard certain rum.... OUCH....

I can neither confirm nor deny the existance of more MegaDragons.

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 22:00:35 >

Post #: 66
7/26/2005 21:48:56   
masterofwind

i hate "you all"

If you hate the phrase "You All" I can suggest the word You as a replacement. You is both singular and plural and is thus perfectly acceptable, even prefered. If You does not light your fire you might also employ the dialectal expression "Y'all" however be advised that use out of region will likely be met with odd looks...

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 22:02:18 >
Post #: 67
7/28/2005 23:38:06   
Trunks_Enraged

Ok I know you now have alot of questions to answer thanks to tank hunter there (who is confused it seems on quite a few things, im in his clan i correct him alot) but can you plz anwser these

1.What do you think Amercias Current stand on the world?

Depends on what one means by that... I am not fond of the engagement in Iraq on general terms and fail to see that my president has a very diversified foreign policy outside of Iraq. That said I dislike ruthless dictators and felt that Saddam Hussein should have been removed when his actions first prompted such strong response... Not later when it was tantamount to America choosing the soverign leader of another country for her...

2.What do you think of the fact that the inrent(as accodirndg to Wired Magazie@CO) is about to go in a whole new deirection

The internet is a constantly changing technology.. It is always evolving in many new directions... Each breakthrough seems as outstanding to the participant as the next. However I try not to buy into hype.

3.What do you think of that fact that if somebuddy manged to crash the intenrt Amercia would be destroyed in less then 1 week?

I do not believe this to be a fact at all.. While much of the United states is invested in the Internet it existed before its advent as well and much of our secure and needed information is redundant...

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 22:06:56 >
AQ  Post #: 68
7/29/2005 23:27:51   
zemfiro

Q:did the Creator create the guardian dragon?

(reason:i made my 2th story (title:the birth of the guardian dragon) and just looking if my story made any sence though)

The Uncreator Created Lore... so in essence anything born of the world was directly or indirectly hers

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 22:55:03 >
AQ DF  Post #: 69
8/2/2005 10:47:56   
bajs

quote:

Wow...I like so many different things and have liked so many different things at different times its hard to say....I suppose it depends on what "section" of the fantasy spectrum we are looking at...

The single top of the list is probably Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

LOL!!!!

(did not read much of the book!!!)

Then I suggest you do wholeheartedly the book is an absolute riot...

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 22:08:24 >

Post #: 70
8/3/2005 2:40:09   
Alan1013

sup guyz

Same ol Same Ol

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/23/2005 22:08:56 >
AQ  Post #: 71
8/23/2005 22:09:38   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

DOH!

Sorry if you posted a message after this one to this tread but it was lost due to a bug in the forum so ask again. I am actually semi active at the moment.

Post #: 72
8/24/2005 21:05:15   
Darkshine

Hooray for activeness.
I was the only one after that alan..guy...thing. Yeah. Totally.
Anyway, time to corrupt yet another "Meet the (Random Rank) Thread of non activeness" or MT(RR)TONA for short. I like acronyms. And ducks.

Q: Imagine that I´m a starter writer (Because I am), what "general" advice would you give to me, or anyone, to improve mine(our) writing skills?

Persistence. Keep writing and you will keep improving. Writing like any skill improves with practice. Its also important to have the constructive feedback of someone you trust.

Q: Have you ever seen/read BTN?

The Quote is clever. But the Acronymn is meaningless to me... BTN means among other things Buisness Travel News which I do not tend to read no...

Q: You don’t happen to be taking apprentices, right?
Riiiight?

In the sense that that means Hiring new staff... no I am not.. Nor do I have the authority to do so.. In the sense that that means commenting on and helping others with their writing... I try to do that as much as I reasonably can...

Q: If possible, mind commenting on the storay I’m posting in the Story Writting section? (Useless Feelings.) *Cough*Blatantadvertizing*cough*

In the appropriate venue...

Crush, Destroy, Interview. The BTN way.

< Message edited by falerin -- 8/29/2005 10:26:10 >
AQ  Post #: 73
9/3/2005 10:14:43   
icebolz

Hello, I am also one of the old players who are still active =) Of course not as wise as you in all of L.O.R.E. I have one question, when you were first born in L.O.R.E. Was all of battleon Yulgur's Inn? Did Yulgur's Inn only contianed 3 NPCs. Aquella, Yulgur and Twilly like it was for me when I was first introduced to L.O.R.E. And what did Twilly looked like when you first started? When I first started, Twilly was green I think... heh

The game was indeed limited to Yulgars and surroundings... but Aquella? No She did not yet exist... Aria was in YulgarsInn back then Aquella had never yet been seen. Twilly was green and larger and wore sneakers with long and bushy hair like those old troll dolls...
This is personally my favorite rendition of the Moglin

Also, Do you miss the old Launch Nights? With the Castle Wars and the release of weapons at discounted prices. Mwahah I got my Black Wartexx for about 180. I think I do not remember that well =)

Launch nights.. a little they meant updates were more frequent.. but I do not miss the Chaos they caused on my IRC network. Or on Stratics before it. When I joined castle wars were not even thought of.. though I have suggested they be used again...

Last question, What do you think of AQ now that it has grown so greatly?

The game has improved.. but I still have my hopes vested in AQ 2. I really want to see in game player interactions... Some lifetime this might happen

< Message edited by falerin -- 9/3/2005 15:06:25 >

Misses the old days..
AQ  Post #: 74
9/3/2005 19:02:15   
Dragon Battler
Minion of Zorbak!

What books do you like? Has you readed the book Eragon? If so, what do you think about it? Does I rox?

I have not readed it... But I have hearded of it People seem to like it I should give it a look

< Message edited by falerin -- 9/3/2005 20:40:46 >
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> RE: =AE= [Merged] Meet the "Hey what exactly are you anyway" - Falerin =AE=
Page 3 of 17«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition