Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Photoshop Q&A Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Photoshop Q&A Thread
Page 1 of 912345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/26/2007 1:30:34   
Nicky

Welcome

Flash and GIMP have a Q&A thread, so why not Photoshop?

Photoshop is a commonly used program in this forum, and as Adobe has trial versions of all of it's programs, is an ever growing tool in popularity as well.
Adobe is a famous brand known for making design and website software, Photoshop was originally made for touching up images, but lately it has become much more than that, with Animation, 3D File Editing (new in CS3), and much more.

So, why should you need to be bothered with your new program, stuck for help, not knowing what to do?
The Question and Answer thread for Photoshop has arrived, here for all of your Photoshop questions and answers.

There are lots of people that may answer your question, so I've decided to leave the answering open to the public. This means that anyone can answer the questions. However, when you answer a post, make sure to quote the question, and name of person who asked it unless you are directly under them and/or your post 'points' to the question in the context. Then give the answer in a grammatical and understandable way. Pictures make any explanation better if you have the time to upload them.

Links

Before you post your question, make sure you look around the following threads to see if your answer (or what you may be looking for) may be in there:

The Sigmaker's Dictionary
Ultimate Web Resource Guide
Tutorial Directory

Links that are non-related to Photoshop but are in some way, applicable to Signature Making:

Digital Arts Forum Rules

Some of the Answered and un-Answered Questions / References

Q: I like GIMP but prefer Photoshop's interface, what should I get?
A: Try GIMPShop

Q: Can I use the Pen Tool like a brush?
A: No, using the actual brush tool is pretty much the same thing, just that the pen tool gives you more control over your curves.

Q: So, how do I draw with the Pen Tool?
A: (Explanation in Link)

Q: .PNG file opening problem (In link)
A: Post 1 Post 2 Two different answers.

Q: Is there a portable version of Photoshop?
A: Yes, there is. At portableapps.com, download the suite.

Q: Can I upload brushes to PhotoshopPortable?
A: Yes, you can.

Q: My Photoshop file won't upload to Photobucket? Why?
A: You might have saved it as a .psd, which will not upload into Photobucket as it is the wrong filetype.

Q: How do I convert a pixel image into a vector image so that I can resize it without losing quality?
A: pending a test run..

Q: How do I make a border in Photoshop?
A: Edit -> Stroke

Q: How can I colour in a scanned image in Photoshop?
A: There are a few steps here.

Q: How do I make a checkerboard style pattern?
A: Make your own pattern.

Q: How do I download and use brushes in Photoshop?
A: Through DeviantArt

Q: How do I airbrush/paint a picture from scratch?
A: pending...

If you have the answer to any of these questions (unanswered, but you may post to answered questions if you have a different answer), feel free to post it. ^_^

Extroduction

Post your questions in an understandable way and the rest of the community will do their best to answer them.

Thanks, and happy Question asking and answering,
Nicky.

< Message edited by Nicky -- 7/7/2007 20:46:47 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
5/27/2007 0:23:20   
Sergeant_Oreo

Hurray! I have version 6 and play/mess around with drawings and
sometimes make artwork in it.

I like Gimp but prefer Photoshop's interface.
AQ  Post #: 2
5/27/2007 5:42:19   
Nicky

Sounds good, S_O :D

I haven't actually seen GIMP's interface much, so.. No comment ^^;.
AQ DF  Post #: 3
5/28/2007 11:33:58   
[AD].Blade

lol it took a while for someobody to come of w/ a ps q/a thread XDDDD
AQ  Post #: 4
5/29/2007 4:50:42   
13thokazaki

sweet, nicky.
AQ  Post #: 5
5/29/2007 5:04:31   
skyboy59

to guy above... if you like gimp better but like photoshop interface... you could get gimpshop :/... its basically useless as a program once you have gimp lol, but it puts things into a "photoshop" layout... kind of lol

heh question lol... how can i use pen tool to actually draw a line without having to go through the confusing load selection and then get stuck problem? I mean, can i just use it like the brush but have it do the make good curves from my bad mouse drawn curve? :X lol
AQ  Post #: 6
5/29/2007 5:51:01   
Nicky

Blade, if you were thinking about it, why didn't you make it :P.

Thanks Ed :)

That answer was for AceFrost, I'm guessing, Sky.

And for your question, Sky... It's a bit vague, but I believe that you cannot draw the line as you go, but must right click -> Stroke Paths, I think it is. I haven't got Photoshop on me, but yeah. :P
Hope that's what you wanted answered, but I don't really know that much about the pen tool anyway xD

< Message edited by Nicky -- 5/29/2007 5:53:28 >
AQ DF  Post #: 7
5/31/2007 11:30:43   
dominic_r_monroe

you should hire people ... a bio as i'm bored and can't get on photobucket right now

Name(username we can't be bothered to do work ourself) ;
Experience;
Photobucket or imageshack ;
requests done ;
Tag exsample ;
AQ  Post #: 8
6/1/2007 3:39:20   
Nicky

quote:

There are lots of people that may answer your question, so I've decided to leave the answering open to the public. This means that anyone can answer the questions.

Hiring people is a nice idea, but then what's the use if people come to answer the question even it they aren't 'hired'? I'm not going to tell them off, because they have as much right to answer questions as others. Maybe they give the wrong answer- there are alot of Photoshop users on these forums that can right that question. And if someone knew the right answer to the question, and wasn't hired, that would only add to the delay of the person's question being answered. I know that other threads have hiring, but I find that actually alot of Photoshop advanced users may never actually apply to be hired.

So basically, consider yourself "hired" :)
AQ DF  Post #: 9
6/1/2007 5:13:05   
dominic_r_monroe

not me i haven't been on it long enough but i like your idea i can help out i guess i am up for converting requests e.gconverting tutorials brushes and patterns
AQ  Post #: 10
6/1/2007 8:08:14   
IcYiE04

How do I draw pentool lines anyway?
AQ DF  Post #: 11
6/1/2007 20:03:59   
Nicky

To Above:
Click the pen tool or press P on your keyboard to get the tool out.
I use these settings, try them. The settings bar is the one at the top of the screen, the one I'm talking about.
Click somewhere on your document to start your path. Click around to make a straight, polygonal path. When you're happy with it, right click -> stroke path.
I use the brush tool normally, but be aware that whatever your brush presets are at the time will be what it uses to stroke. The brush preset is when you press B or click the brush tool, whatever is there.
Alternatively, you can click and hold, and move your mouse around to make curved lines.
If you wish to close your path and make a shape, click the starting point again, when your cursor has a little circle next to the shape of the pen.

Hope that helped :)

< Message edited by Nicky -- 6/1/2007 20:04:57 >
AQ DF  Post #: 12
6/2/2007 4:29:01   
Ace Frost

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky

Blade, if you were thinking about it, why didn't you make it :P.

Thanks Ed :)

That answer was for AceFrost, I'm guessing, Sky.

And for your question, Sky... It's a bit vague, but I believe that you cannot draw the line as you go, but must right click -> Stroke Paths, I think it is. I haven't got Photoshop on me, but yeah. :P
Hope that's what you wanted answered, but I don't really know that much about the pen tool anyway xD

That wasn't me Nicky =P
No the only one liking Linus.

lol XD
AQ DF  Post #: 13
6/2/2007 4:45:11   
Blind

I was going to make a Q&A thread, but you stole the idea, stole it i say, stolen! :(

<3

< Message edited by Blind -- 6/2/2007 4:47:56 >
AQ  Post #: 14
6/2/2007 4:46:06   
Nicky

xd.

Whoops, Avvy confusion again xD.

Must have tuned out for a second there.
Thanks for pointing that out :P

Psha Blind. I was told by the AK-ness of Avery to make this :)
+pwnt
<3

< Message edited by Nicky -- 6/2/2007 4:47:14 >
AQ DF  Post #: 15
6/2/2007 5:15:57   
Lightnin10

thats y its best not 2 have a avvy right nicky :D

anyway
nicky u need any help round here cause i got free time i don't mind answering a few questions
AQ  Post #: 16
6/3/2007 2:24:37   
Nicky

Yeah Lightnin, that: no avvy ftw, :P.

Go ahead, answer as many questions as you like ^_^.
AQ DF  Post #: 17
6/3/2007 2:34:04   
Lightnin10

<3 nicky
=D
AQ  Post #: 18
6/3/2007 11:12:38   
Dream

This is just the type of thread ive been looking for (considering GR banned me because i asked about this on the technology section of their forums ). Thanks for making this thread NIcky!

Ok so i basically just got CS3 and it works perfectly, everything except for one thing (which would be why im here). The problem is that when i am opening a render, c4d, etc. that is saved as a .png file, the image doesnt even show up as a thumbnail. I have special folders in my pictures that have renders in them, if i open them and have file types at all formats, the folder appears to be empty, but i know it's not because it had renders in it when i had GIMP. Then if i try to type in the name of the render i wish to open, and click open, it tells me that the image is not the right filetype. Does anyone here have any clue as to why it would do this? Lemme get a screenshot of it...

Any help is greatly aprreciated! I hope one of you can figure this out, im desperate....

Dream

Screenshots-
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b306/bambam47/troubleshooting1.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b306/bambam47/troubleshooting2.jpg

< Message edited by Dream -- 6/3/2007 11:23:42 >
AQ  Post #: 19
6/6/2007 4:13:20   
Nicky

No problems, Dream :).

And to be honest, I have no idea.
I'm not really the techy type, sorry.

But, do any other .png files work when you open them?
AQ DF  Post #: 20
6/6/2007 16:49:04   
The One To Rule

This might get a lil frustrating, but it works. Open the pack without photoshop. Right click it and click open with: Then choose Photoshop X

(X = your version)
AQ  Post #: 21
6/6/2007 17:18:25   
skyboy59

Dream I had problem too :D i figured out why I had problem anyways... not sure if it is same as yours lol

but make sure it IS a png... lol lol, meaning, make sure the file reads as png, not just someone adding .png to ending and forcing the png file type onto it lol

short way i fixed it was drag the png into web browser, then right click save as again (this time it most likely will save as bmp... if not then still save again using the default browser uses) then open that file in photoshop and saving it as png with the save for web lol

AQ  Post #: 22
6/7/2007 3:52:01   
Nicky

Awesome. Thanks for replying guys, I had no idea :P.
AQ DF  Post #: 23
6/12/2007 14:53:45   
dominic_r_monroe

Q is there a portable version of adobe photoshop/imageready
A yes there is portable apps

Q can i upload brushes to photoshop poratle
A yes goto the folder you will find it from there
AQ  Post #: 24
6/13/2007 4:26:15   
Nicky

Dominic: Thanks for the references. However, could you please give me a link to something referring to Photoshop Portable or something of the sort? And explain the brushes answer a bit more, I don't really follow. Thanks :)
AQ DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Photoshop Q&A Thread
Page 1 of 912345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition