Icemaster Yeti -> =OOC= Forum Games Forum Rules (3/5/2009 4:22:53)
Forum Games Rules
It's been long enough now - should your pending game NOT meet the requirements laid out in these rules, your pending game/contest (no matter how detailed) will be deleted and you will receive PM notification of this.
0. ALL Universal Rules apply here.
The Universal (Applies Everywhere) Rules/Guidelines apply here in FG as for every other AE forum. This means the rules on sig usage (once per page only), smilies (no more than 3 per post), no spam, staying on topic, no flaming/trolling/etc apply to FG.
1. No games/contests that require joining a clan. No advertising of your game/contest.
Games that have some sort of clan-joining requirement will not be allowed. At all. Advertising your game/contest anywhere on the forums will not be tolerated. That means no topics about it, no posts about it, no PMs about it, and nothing in your sig (apart from a straight link - no "Come and play my game" statements). Your game will be deleted if you do.
The Paxia Exception: Paxia Clans are allowed to link to their threads but are not allowed to discuss it. For further information, please consult the Paxia Clan Rules.
2. No Role Playing Games (RPGs)
There is already an existing forum for RPing. This is the forum for games. What is the difference between an RP and a game/contest? A game/contest has a defined goal that a player must achieve to "win". A game/contest can be played over and over. RPs do not fit this description.
3. All games must be repeatable.
That's the idea of this forum. Games should be able to be played over and over again.
4. You are not god.
Although you are in control of the game it does not make you better than the participants. Acting as if you are will not be tolerated and will cause your games to be denied/locked.
5. PMing FG AKs/Mods about your pending game/contest.
If your pending contest/game has not been approved or declined more than 14 days after you post it (as long as it is complete), you should PM an AK/Mod about this. HOWEVER, any PM pestering before 14 days will result in your contest being declined, and you will have to start again. Pending games/contests wherever possible will be approved/declined within 14 days, and you will be notified by PM that this has occurred.
6. HAVE FUN!
This is our favourite rule. If you aren't having fun, you aren't doing it right! [;)]
Conduct of games:
All games will be locked at 30 pages or after 2 weeks of inactivity whichever comes first. You can post your lock request in the Lock Request topic.
You are allowed to run only three topics at any given time. That is three games, three contests, or a mix of both. No more.
Only one Game Master is permitted per game. You are allowed to talk with other forumers to plan and develop ideas the game, but only one person is allowed to officially run it.
The only "rules' you can post in your game are those relating to your game. As the Universal Rules apply here in FG, having rules like "No spam" or the like is redundant. Leave the Mods/AKs to deal with any posts which break the Universal Rules. PM us if necessary if such posts appear in your topic.
Banner size for Games. If you plan on using a Banner for your game please keep it at 750x500 pixels max and no more than 100kb. Remember to keep it forum appropriate, meaning no bad images or text within your images.
1. Any new prospective game/contest posted in Pending Games must have links to any existing approved games owned by the member. If there are no existing approved games being run by the member, a statement to that effect must be made in your pending game/contest topic (eg "I have no current approved games"). Failure to do so results in instant decline.
2. Please indicate in the TITLE of your pending game whether the game is "Under Construction" or "Complete". Games which do not contain one of these two things in the title will NOT be assessed, and will be deleted - no matter how detailed the game is.
3. Pending games declared as "Complete" will be approved/declined within 14 days of that declaration, and the topic starter notified of that decision via PM.
1. Link your OOC topic (if you have one) into the first post of your approved game.
2. Link your game topic into the first page of your OOC topic (if you have one).
3. If your game requires applications, indicate this in the first post of both the game and OOC topics. If the game requires applications, it probably requires an OOC topic, to keep the game topic 'clean'.
4. "Post-after-me" (PAM) type games do NOT require an OOC topic.
*. OOC concatenation: If you own multiple A&R games, then you may make one OOC thread that links to all of them and link all your games to the OOC topic. Do this at your own discretion.
Only posts relevant to approved game/contest are permitted in the main FG forum. FG OOC may be used for applications for pending games/contests, and any OOC conversations relevant to the game/contest. OOC threads will be locked once the game thread is locked.
If you are banned for any reason, your games will be locked. If your ban is lifted your game or contest will stay locked and will have to go through the approval process again.
"Post-after-me" (PAM) type games: Pending PAM games which are too similar to existing games will not be approved. If a PAM game reaches its 30-page limit, a similar game by another member may be approved instead of simply re-starting the existing game.
Incomplete Pending games: Owners of Games left incomplete 14 days after it was created will be notified via PM about the status of their game. If the game is still incomplete a further 14 days after that, the game will be deleted regardless of the last time it was updated. Complete games will remain, but owners will be notified about approval status.
Sneaky Rules Disclaimer rule: To establish the fact that you have read these rules, ALL games/contests posted in the Pending Contests and Games forum must include the following disclaimer:
I have read the Comprehensive Rules/ FG Rules before posting and am willing to accept all consequences that will happen if I break said rules.
Failure to include the disclaimer in your pending game will result in an instant decline.
What is not acceptable here in FG:
Any games offering AE game upgrades or in-game 'money' as prizes for winning a contest. The game will be deleted and the offender warned.
No "Follow my rules or I will ban you" statements. This is not your forum - you can't ban anyone. If you make a game/contest it is open to everyone.
Only the Game of the Month will be stickied. Do not ask for your game to be stickied; it won't happen.
No plagiarising other forumite's games or contests. Those who are caught doing so will have their games locked and will be Severely Warned and/or Banned, depending on the severity of the offense.
Disrespect to moderators/Archknights.