Aioma -> RE: =AQW= Feature and Functionality Suggestions (9/1/2017 17:06:55)
AQW Adventurer / Guild Raid
RAID - A group of players exploring the dungeon, defeating monsters and bosses to achieve items / recorded name / or just for fun.
AQW has always been fun to play. However, it lacks difficulty and dungeons (Ex. Zoshi’s TowerOfDoom or Grimskull Dungeon). As an AE player for many years, I wanted a challenging game and something that’s seems impossible to beat. I want an AQW Raid that are extremely difficult and challenging so that the players can talk to each other how they can complete the Raid. Raid Bosses should be very challenging and very difficult to beat. When completing the whole Raid, Players will be rewarded with lots of gold and special items ( <<< THIS SHOULD BE VERY DIFFICULT TO ACHIEVE)
AQW Raid Rules
- 6 people per group can enter the raid.
- Some Raids have level requirements.
- Not all Raids allows all classes. (Ex. (blank) Raid does not allow Warrior, DoomKnight, etc.)
- Once entering the Raid, you cannot switch the class.
- Rest (healing HP & MP) does not work in the Raid, thus Healing class / Supporting class is a MUST HAVE in the group.
- Mana Regeneration works the same as usual (hitting monsters to regenerate mana).
- Potions are allowed. Also is a MUST HAVE.
- If there are AFK players in the Raid, the Raid Leader can boot them out and invite other players to the Raid group. However, if the Raid Leader is AFK, he/she is given 90 seconds to respond. Otherwise, new Raid Leader will be randomly selected within the group.
- There are no quest in the raid. Just defeat all monsters in the room to proceed into the next room (all monsters should be aggressive).
- At the end of the raid, there will be a boss zone. There can be multiple bosses in a raid. It can be many bosses per room, or multiple bosses in one room.
- When defeating the boss, it marks their checkpoint.
- Players can change their classes ONLY on checkpoint. < (if the raid group cannot defeat the bosses with the current classes, they can use the checkpoint to make strategies and change class)
- When a player dies during the Raid, they remain dead until they clear out the room and must be revived by Healing / Supporting class.
- If the Raid group loses the Raid, they will be spawned at the checkpoint. Unless no checkpoint has been marked, they will be spawned at the very beginning of the Raid.
- The first Raid Group that completes the whole Raid will have their name recorded somewhere on the Raid, to show everyone that they achieved the “impossible”.
- Once completing the Raid, you cannot take the same Raid again until the next day (to prevent possible gold exploits).
- All monsters in the Raid are aggressive.
- All Raid Bosses are challenging and much difficult than Raid Monsters. They have certain types of skills. Examples VVVV
- AoE attacks
- Stunning the players
- Buffs and Debuffs
- There could be multiple bosses. Bosses per room, or multiple bosses in one room.
Possible Example of a Raid:
Greenguard Forest Raid
This Raid takes place in Greenguard Forest.
Classes Allowed: Warrior, Mage, Rogue and Healer (class copies are allowed as well) <<< (this is because Greenguard forest is usually the 1st place where many new players explore at)
Raid Bosses: Basilisk, Gell Oh No, DeathGazer, Greenguard Dragon, Black Knight
Basilisk’s Special Abilities
- Stun Gaze : stunning players for few seconds
- Echoing Roar : AoE attack - chance to debuff some players
Gell Oh No’s Special Abilities
- Splitting Bodies : Upon 50% of total HP, the body splits up into many pieces. Thus, players must deal with many tiny Gell Oh No (they’re weaker than the original).
- Gooey Gel : on contact with the monster, player’s haste is decreased by 20%.
DeathGazer’s Special Abilities
- Medusa Gaze : petrifying players for few seconds - this can be cured with Healer’s heal.
- Death Laser : AoE Laser shot - blinding some players, chance of lowering player’s accuracy.
Greenguard Dragon’s Special Abilities
- Striking Claws : dealing very high damage
- Breath Attack : AoE attack : chance of applying Burning DoT
Black Knight’s Special Abilities
- Weapon Modifier : allowing his weapons to change form. Each form has certain effects.
- Sword : Long Range attack, possible AoE attacks
- Axe : deals extremely high damage, but low accuracy
- Staff : AoE attack - cast black magic, may debuff some players
- Spear : Fast attack - High Haste
This can possible take place after the Server Rewrite.