Zennistrad -> RE: Zenn's Suggestion Thread! (Take 2) (7/27/2019 16:09:59)
Copied from my previous thread, here's the next Kingdom of Loathing class, the Disco Bandit:
Leisure Suit Larcenaire
Disco Bandit class armor
Neutral-lean darkness armor, resists follow the elemental wheel, but have slightly lower-than-average resistance for all elements
Slightly higher-than-average MRM, with a focus on melee and ranged
Has two standard attacks, both at a +5 BTH lean:
· First attack deals two hits and occurs 60% of the time, dealing 90% overall damage
· Second attack deals three hits and occurs 40% of the time, dealing 115% overall damage.
Has a special resource called "Disco Momentum." One Disco Momentum is gained every time you use certain combat skills, up to a maximum of three. Each Disco Momentum is worth roughly 75% melee in SP.
Aesthetic: A slim, white leisure suit jacket with matching white bellbottom pants, with the top three buttons left open. For male faces, the armor shows a thick carpet of chest hair through the unbuttoned jacket, for female faces it shows the character wearing a peace sign necklace. Your character’s face is replaced with a face with a large afro and a black domino mask, with male faces having a bushy 70s ‘stache. The shield is not visible while the armor is equipped, instead being shown on the bottom of the screen. All attack and skill animations greatly emphasize the character’s nimbleness.
Description: The Disco Bandit boogies to and fro, hither and yon. Whence come they? No man knows. Whither strikes they next? All men live in fear of their moxie.
Level 0: Moxious Maneuver - Toggle
You know how to hit your foes with STYLE. Your attacks become stronger with dexterity, especially when using a knife!
When toggled, the following effects are applied:
· Your melee weapon attacks use DEX/16 + STR/16 for bonus stat damage
· Your magic weapon attacks use DEX * 3/64 + INT * 3/64 for bonus stat damage
· If your weapon is tagged as a dagger, your weapon attacks use DEX/8 for bonus stat damage and DEX*3/20 + LUK/40 for stat Bonus to Hit
In addition, all armor skills use DEX/8 for bonus stat damage and DEX*3/20 + LUK/40 for stat Bonus to Hit, regardless of whether the skill is active.
Level 1: Tricky Knifework - Passive
You've got a knack for knives. Your attacks with knives deal extra damage. Knifty.
When wielding a weapon tagged as a dagger, your weapon attacks do +7.5% damage.
Level 2: That's Not a Knife - Active
Sometimes you need a knife, and you certainly aren't going to PAY for a knife.
Quick-cast, summons a temporary no-proc melee dagger that scales to (CharLvl - 10). More knife options are added as you level the class. Costs SP to fit the compression.
· Level 2 - Boot Knife: A leather knife fashioned out of one of Donovan's boots. Deals Darkness damage.
· Level 3 - Sharpened Spoon: A spoon from Yulgar's Inn, with the reverse end sharpened to a point. Deals Earth damage.
· Level 4 - Soap Knife: Blackhawke never uses soap, so you took his and sharpened it, somehow. Deals Water damage.
· Level 5 - Broken Hot Sauce Bottle: You nicked a bottle of ebil hot sauce from Zorbak, smashed it, and now it's roughly the shape of a knife. Deals Fire damage.
· Level 6 - Candy Cane Knife: You stole this candy cane from Frostvale, and sucked on the tip until you could stab people with it. Deals Ice damage.
· Level 7 - Drakel Beam Knife: You don't know what this weird knife's made of, but Uldor doesn't seem to mind that it's gone. Deals Energy damage.
· Level 8 - Slightly-Used Arrow: Robina doesn't need arrows she's already fired, right? Deals Wind damage.
· Level 9 - Suncrystal Knife: Remember the Solaris quest? Well, you managed to yoink this from Warlic when he wasn't looking, and now it's a knife. Deals Light damage.
· Level 10 - Sharpest Solidified Void Knife in the World: How the heck did you even MAKE this!? Deals Harm damage.
(Note: the Harm Knife deals -10% damage, as with most Harm weapons.)
Level 3: Smooth Movement - Passive
You've mastered the art of smoothness. When you don't have a big heavy shield cramping your style, you can more smoothly dodge enemy attacks.
When your shield is unequipped, each of your combat defenses gains a bonus equal to (3 + Expected sDef + [Expected sRes * 3/5])
Expected sDef: round((0.25*CharLvl+0.5)/3, 0)
Expected sRes: round(0.0000108*CharLvl^3 + 0.004*CharLvl^2 - 0.5256*CharLvl, 0)
(Note: Numbers here are based on the Shield of Awe!!!, it is possible I could be getting something wrong here.)
Level 4: Disco Dance of Doom - Active
Bust a slick move to damage your foe and build Disco Momentum!
Spell-based skill, costs 75% melee in SP, +0 BTH lean. Deals two hits of melee damage, with total damage equal to 100% the damage of a melee attack, using the the element of your equipped weapon.
Afterward, if both hits connected, you gain one Disco Momentum.
Level 5: Sneak and Shank - Passive
Your opponents won’t be okay; you’re the epitome of a smooth criminal. If you dodge an attack while wielding a knife, you’ll strike them back for extra damage.
At the end of the monster’s turn, if you’re wielding a knife and blocked at least one hit, you make a weapon attack, dealing ([Monster Hits Blocked / Monster Hits Attempted] * (0.75 / 0.15) * 0.85)% the damage of a standard melee attack. This attack autohits, and doesn’t trigger your weapon special.
Level 6: Disco Face Stab - Active
When all else fails, stab your opponent in the head. Costs 1 Disco Momentum.
Consume 1 Disco Momentum to perform a single-hit, weapon-based melee attack with a +0 BTH lean. Deals damage equivalent to a normal melee attack.
If the attack hits, the monster starts bleeding (Power: 0.75). The monster can shrug off the status at a +0 bonus (DEX/LUK vs END/LUK).
Level 7: Disco Dance II: Electric Boogaloo - Active
Electrify your foe with the highly anticipated sequel!
Spell-based skill, costs 75% melee in SP, +0 BTH lean. Deals two hits of ranged energy damage, equal to 100% the damage of a standard melee attack. Elecomp multiplier is only slight due to Darkness and Energy being poorly-related elements.
Afterward, if both hits connected, you gain one unit of Disco Momentum.
Level 8: Knife in the Dark - Active
Slip into the shadows and stab your foe! Costs 1 Disco Momentum.
Consume 1 Disco Momentum to perform a single-hit, weapon-based melee attack at a +0 BTH lean, dealing Darkness damage. Deals 175% the damage of a standard melee attack, multiplied by elecomp. (Since the skill does not cost SP, the elecomp is instead applied to damage, as it would with a spell-based skill.)
Level 9: Disco Dance III: Back in the Habit - Active
Disco is back, baby! Hey, baby, I'm just kidding -- disco never left!
Spell-based skill, costs 100% melee in SP, +0 BTH lean. Two hits, deals melee damage with the element of your equipped weapon, with total damage equal to 125% the damage of a melee attack.
Takes a damage penalty to inflict both Impressed (renamed Defloss) and Disco Dazzled (Renamed Choke) for [hits connected] rounds. Your opponent can resist each status at a +0 bonus (DEX/LUK vs. CHA/LUK).
Afterward, if both hits connected, you gain one unit of Disco Momentum.
Level 10: Disco Inferno! - Active
You’re so hot, you’re on fire! Literally! For 3 Disco Momentum, you can set your opponent ablaze with your disco passion!
Spell-based skill, costs 3 Disco Momentum. Deals four hits of ranged fire damage at +0 BTH. Total damage is equal to 325% of a standard melee attack, multiplied by elecomp.