Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Drawing Manga: Lesson 1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Drawing Manga: Lesson 1
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/26/2007 20:04:05   
Sephiroth12

Yes, you can post other tutorials on the site, but I don't know about the story part... I have a comic to deal with on my own... Are you still even on?
AQ  Post #: 26
1/23/2008 13:15:46   
Sephiroth12

Well, here's a tut I made for no apparent reason... :P

http://www.swfme.com/view/1126422
AQ  Post #: 27
1/23/2008 13:59:02   
D.Knight

Wow,that's nice
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
1/23/2008 15:49:13   
Sephiroth12

Tank zoo I could've done better though...; I suck at drawing with a pen tablet compared to the way I draw with a pencil and piece of paper :P And I was going to have like 12 tuts but now... Who knows ? I'm going to have more of course though!
AQ  Post #: 29
1/24/2008 18:24:13   
Mo

Don't know, don't like the results
AQ MQ  Post #: 30
2/12/2008 2:17:21   
Sonicbeam

Great tut! Are you going to make any more?
DF MQ  Post #: 31
2/13/2008 19:30:42   
Saerokeon

It's not a great tutorial (none of them on the first page, either) in my opinion. Sure, it shows you how to draw manga, but not why these things happen.

Sure, it looks all professional with the guidelines and all, but why do you apply the guidelines in the first place? What do you achieve by drawing parts of circles on what's going to be someone's head? How do you draw good hair, rather than a huge bowl on top of someones head?

How do all of these loose strings tie up in the end? Sure, I know what it is, how to do it and all, but that's from my past experiences.

< Message edited by Cyseros Orb -- 2/13/2008 19:31:53 >
Post #: 32
2/13/2008 21:43:42   
EragonZZZZ

I vaguely agree with Cyseros Orb on this. I don't feel you need THAT much theory in your drawing, but just adding random guidelines without explaining why is a tad unhelpful.

Also, just to point out, something was bugging me about your drawings for awhile, and I've figured it out what it is.
You seem to place the eyes rather high up on the head. I suggest (unless it's part of your style...totally possible) that you lower them to around the center of the head.

EDIT: Didn't say it was an end-all-be-all problem, I simply pointed out that I noticed it.

< Message edited by EragonZZZZ -- 2/13/2008 22:09:33 >
AQ  Post #: 33
2/13/2008 22:06:57   
Krieg

If you want to point out technicalities in his drawings, he has way more than that. I've always attributed it to his style; he's certainly not going for realism. Having a personal style is important, especially after mimicking others' styles of drawing. There's definitely nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

Anyway, like EragonZZZZ, I sort of agree with Cyseros. Personally, I prefer Cyseros' approach to learning in general. However, many "How-to-Draw" books don't bother discussing much theory and hope that you'd figure it out on your own by just practicing. Theoretically, the latter approach would be more beneficial to the artist in the long run because people tend to understand things better when they figure it out for themself instead of someone else telling them. Better understanding would yield better application and thus better results.

Just my opinion.

Edit: Fair enough. ^^

< Message edited by Penndragon -- 2/14/2008 6:05:39 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
2/14/2008 2:37:28   
Sonicbeam

Good for you guys, but I am an absolutely hopeless artist and this is first thing I have been able to draw.
DF MQ  Post #: 35
2/14/2008 20:37:00   
BreeMote

Wow, you're pretty good.
I've never figured out how people learn to draw this way.

Kudos, I'm sure a lot of people found this very interesting (and helpful, of course!) ^_^
AQ  Post #: 36
2/15/2008 10:03:19   
Cool Dragonz

o.O Wooowwww! Nice man!! You got talent!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
2/15/2008 11:07:57   
TehMech

This is great tut but i really dont get the eyes. they are ebil. pure, pure ebil.

~TehMech
DF  Post #: 38
2/15/2008 17:14:27   
Peregrine Falcon

holy crap... its the best thing i have ever drawn!!! man thanks... u awoke my inner drawing spirit...
AQ DF  Post #: 39
2/15/2008 22:30:57   
Sonicbeam

Wow, at least some people agree with me.
@TehMech, The eyes look radical. Lol.
DF MQ  Post #: 40
2/17/2008 2:26:41   
link6590

If you are having trouble inking your pictures on the computer (and then coloring them lateron), scan them in at 50 resolution/inch, and resize them to around 3x its orginal size, then use a 5 or 7 pixle brush and ink and color away :D. When your done inking, shrink it down to the size you want it to be while increasing the resoultion to like 100 or something. This way is a great way for people hesitant for using the pen tool (i hate it and i'm a pretty good gimper) as it kills all the imperfections during inking

Also, to anyone judging his techniques, artist have artist licenses :S
AQ  Post #: 41
2/17/2008 22:43:18   
Sephiroth12

lol thanks for the compliments guys :) and I know I know: The drawings have no explanation, but I did those a LONG time ago, I'll make a better one later... The latest tut I've made is this:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/425603 hee hee hee :D

And that's not really my best... I've gotten SO much better it would seem kind of impossible, I guess... But yeah, I know my mistakes,

and thanks to those who complimented, but I'm not going to delete the other tutorials. I don't know why. Maybe I will, who knows?

And I've noticed how crappy the drawings are, I kind of can't believe I drew them so out of proportion... :( But I'm going to make a

better one... Hopefully :P
AQ  Post #: 42
2/20/2008 5:54:41   
Sonicbeam

Make more tuts, like on face expression, hair... Stuff like that.
DF MQ  Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Drawing Manga: Lesson 1
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition