Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A Thread 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 4
Page 12 of 30«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/30/2007 11:14:11   
flsg

Jergal: well, with a little bit of creativity, yes you CAN use right click
well in AS3 you can, I forgot about AS2

so first, track the mouse's coordinates, then when the screen loses focus, you must have clicked the right mouse and used the menu(or clicked somewhere out of the movie, but that it's not a problem)
so execute a command in the focus lost event(I can't remember the name of the event, I'll check later) according to which thing your mouse was on
the beauty of the new AS3 event dispatcher system is that you can put everything that need to receive the lost focus event in a MC, then register only that MC to the event, and during the bubbling phase(so when the target phase isn't target), check which sub-mc is clicked, and execute the right command

simple :)

< Message edited by flsg -- 9/30/2007 11:15:38 >

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 276
9/30/2007 14:34:12   
Jergal
Code Fysh

Yes you can manipulate the right click context menu options, remove them all except one or two, and add your own custom ones. But whatever you do, you can't get rid of the context menu and its 1 or 2 undeletable options... It would be better if they put those options on a key event and left the right click fully customizable, but it's a conscious choice they made. ;)

It cuts down on interactivity and makes Flash less good for games, at least in my eyes, but I still like good ol' Flash.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 277
9/30/2007 15:22:40   
master

Ya I like to know how to animate sigs. I use GIMP.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 278
9/30/2007 15:53:03   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

master: this is a flash thred, not sigs, and not gimp r tard!
Post #: 279
9/30/2007 16:47:52   
flsg

Jergal: that's what I'm talking about, the movie losing focus event
SirSchmoopy: hey that's mean >_<

< Message edited by flsg -- 9/30/2007 16:48:55 >
AQ  Post #: 280
9/30/2007 16:54:02   
EragonZZZZ

I wish they'd add a workaround for right-click... D:
AQ  Post #: 281
9/30/2007 17:35:23   
master

quote:

ORIGINAL: SirSchmoopy

master: this is a flash thred, not sigs, and not gimp r tard!

O.o Hey I was told to come here and ask.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 282
9/30/2007 18:54:44   
Jergal
Code Fysh

Flsg, if you're talking about this, it's a hack, a workaround. Something like that (more messy) already existed in AS2 I think...
It doesn't work with all browsers and I wouldn't use it for a public project, but for private stuff it's indeed better than nothing. :)

The solution to the right click issue has to be within the flash player and it's all Adobe's business. Hacks and workarounds aren't reliable... ;)
Maybe they'll stick to a keyboard button instead of right click, one of these days ? I don't know, but they should have given explanations somewhere on the net for the curious.

Edit: The guy who found the right click trick describes some issues here

< Message edited by Jergal -- 9/30/2007 19:07:26 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 283
9/30/2007 19:41:47   
flsg

Jergal: no, let me reexplain:
when you right-click, a menu appears, so the movie on which you clicked lost its mouse focus, and when you add an Event in AS3 that track the movie's focus(I forgot the name of the Event), when the event trigger, you have tracked the mouse's last coordinates with some codes before the focus is lost, and you can determine which MC your mouse was on, and execute some functions
AQ  Post #: 284
9/30/2007 20:40:01   
Jergal
Code Fysh

Aaaah ok! :P
That's like an onMouseDown event for the right click, but the context menu still shows up right ? It doesn't look very smooth nor "professional" to use the right click like that if you can't stop the context menu from opening. There could be an ugly workaround to close that menu (hopefully) before the user's eyes notice it, but it would be very ugly. :P

Well I don't complain anyway, Flash just got a huge improvement with CS3. But I still prefer other languages when it comes to more complex 2D games (Needless to talk about 3D :P).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 285
9/30/2007 22:52:22   
EragonZZZZ

Yeah, if you really want to go for 2D but want a similar language syntax to Actionscript, head over to Java.

You can make some rather amazing 2D and 3D games with it, and it's a rather powerful and flexible language.
Check out RadicalPlay: http://www.radicalplay.com/about/

Quite amazing, if I do say so myself. Not certain if he's using Java3D or the DirectX library, but it's pretty sweet.

My suggestion would be to create a simple frame-by-frame animator in Java [read: Can handle and string frames together to do what Flash does naturally], design the graphics and animations in Flash, and use Java for the rendering and game engine. Also, as a bonus, you get similarities between languages - and Java does bunch of nice garbage collection for you so you aren't stuck worrying about what you forgot to put back on the heap. :D
AQ  Post #: 286
10/1/2007 10:11:28   
ion24

OH MY GOSH! Jergal Posted!

back on topic, When i want to set something to a key (We'll say "F"), And i want something to do Something when i hit "F", how do i get it to do it Over and over and over and over.......Oh! a Shiny thing! *Wandors off chasing the shiny thing* So anybody got an IQ above 5? (Not an insult just saying "Does anyone have an IQ Above mine?" Kind of thing)
AQ MQ  Post #: 287
10/2/2007 3:28:26   
The Illusive Man

Ion, i have a downloadable .fla just for this kind of thing.

http://art.althorne-online.com

click the portal link in the top right, then the downloads section. You may need to register an account. It's learning rights only :P

-Althorne
Post #: 288
10/2/2007 23:40:52   
Elessar Nnharma

can some one help i hvae a cricle and a square and i am trying to make the circle move to hit the square whne i try to move JUST the circle it makes me move the square so it mkae the square run when it supose to stay still can someone tell me how to move just the circle for the motion tween
AQ MQ  Post #: 289
10/3/2007 0:07:24   
xildgolee

seperate layers. >.>

place the circle on one layer and the square on the other.
apply the motion tween to the circle layer, not the square.
yeah.

< Message edited by xildgolee -- 10/3/2007 0:08:14 >
DF  Post #: 290
10/3/2007 9:50:24   
Elessar Nnharma

ok thanx alot cuz i am a newbie lol
AQ MQ  Post #: 291
10/3/2007 17:31:02   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

How do i make an EXP system for my game? help wuld be much apreciated :).

Sig deleted.
Post sig only once per page.
Post #: 292
10/3/2007 22:22:02   
ion24

Thanks Althorne.

I Have Four Questions:

1) how can i make an editable text bar? so i can type in it AFTER i'm done with the movie

2) how do i add a Reminder thing? so it comes up when it's a certain time.

3) how do i add the time? and make it editable so it can be changed later?

4) How can a button be a movie clip too?

Thanks in Advance!

@Sirschoompy: can't you go back to one of your previous Games and take the code from there?
AQ MQ  Post #: 293
10/4/2007 7:36:45   
Burning Raven

@ion24

4) do you mean a button BUT instead of the "up, over, down and hit" frames just plane movie clip frames?
if so convert it to a MC then go into properties you should see the type of the symbol (movieclip) with a down arrow beside it... click this arrow and select "button"... it should now have the animatabilaty of a MC and the properties (AS capabilities) of a button... I think :P
~Raven
AQ  Post #: 294
10/4/2007 8:52:54   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

quote:

ORIGINAL: ion24

Thanks Althorne.

I Have Four Questions:

1) how can i make an editable text bar? so i can type in it AFTER i'm done with the movie

3) how do i add the time? and make it editable so it can be changed later?

4) How can a button be a movie clip too?

Thanks in Advance!

@Sirschoompy: can't you go back to one of your previous Games and take the code from there?

1) make it an input text

3) add an input text

4) make a movieclip, then make it into a button after it's already a movieclip.

also, i've never made an EXP system b4, i haven't even been using flash for a year yet, only 6 1/8 months....

Sig deleted.
Post #: 295
10/4/2007 10:38:48   
ion24

@Raven: i mean like, let's say i have a guy walking, now i want him to do an animation when i click him.

1) Forgot about that....

3) i mean like have it tell time like at the bottom-Right of your moniter.

4) Ok.

But you said...

quote:

eragon: can u help me a bit?
i've tried every single frickin way i can think of i cant find any way at all to make an xp system!!! its drving me crazy!!!!! i cant even find the frickin chicken anymore to put in my retarded posts!!!! i need to get sumtin to work!!!! i havent had a working game without synatx erorz in dayz!!!!!!!!!! ChIcKen?!?!?! CoW?!?!?!?
DUCKY!!!!! !!!!!!!

So you did make an XP System before, but i guess you trashed those other games before you could write down the AS?

< Message edited by ion24 -- 10/4/2007 10:43:37 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 296
10/4/2007 15:26:24   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

quote:

ORIGINAL: ion24

@Raven: i mean like, let's say i have a guy walking, now i want him to do an animation when i click him.

1) Forgot about that....

3) i mean like have it tell time like at the bottom-Right of your moniter.

4) Ok.

But you said...

quote:

eragon: can u help me a bit?
i've tried every single frickin way i can think of i cant find any way at all to make an xp system!!! its drving me crazy!!!!! i cant even find the frickin chicken anymore to put in my retarded posts!!!! i need to get sumtin to work!!!! i havent had a working game without synatx erorz in dayz!!!!!!!!!! ChIcKen?!?!?! CoW?!?!?!?
DUCKY!!!!! !!!!!!!

So you did make an XP System before, but i guess you trashed those other games before you could write down the AS?

where does it way anywhere in my messege i ever made an EXP system

Sig deleted.
Post #: 297
10/4/2007 17:40:44   
ion24

Somewhere in that post told me you made one befoore............
AQ MQ  Post #: 298
10/4/2007 17:43:33   
The Illusive Man

I'm sure you did... about page 8 or something. And ion, can you explain your 4 points in more detail?
Post #: 299
10/4/2007 19:57:52   
ion24

1) Ok, login to AQ And see the Info Submittion Lines? That's Kinda what i want to do.

2) Kinda like a Timed Pop-Up

3) Look at the Bottom-Right of your moniter, See the Time? i want it so you can have the time in the .Fla Showing, And THEN Change it when you need to.

4) Ok. Let's Say i have this guy walking on the streets of New York, And i have a sniper Rifel Aimed at him, When i Click him, Nothing happens, But i want Something TO Happen When i click him, Let's Say He Exploudes.

Does that Help Althrone?
AQ MQ  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 4
Page 12 of 30«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition