Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A Thread 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 4
Page 13 of 30«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/4/2007 21:02:34   
Burning Raven

i can do 4
first convert him to a movie clip then add a actions layer in the first frame (only one) insert the script "stop ()" then go on with the animation from frame 2... in frame one turn the dude with sniper into a button and place this script on him (simplest one) "on(release){gotoAndPlay(2)} aaaaaaand test!
~Ravenho
AQ  Post #: 301
10/5/2007 8:50:01   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

ion, syntax error means that the code duz not work, in other words the only time made one, it didn't work....BAD MEMORYZ!!!!!!!!! THE SYNTAX, THEY KILLED MY CHICKEN!!!

Sig deleted.
Post sig only once per page.
Post #: 302
10/5/2007 16:45:11   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

so can any1 help me or not??? i'll gladly send sum1 the file they can help me find out what's wrong so i can fix it.

Sig deleted.
Post #: 303
10/6/2007 3:22:35   
The Illusive Man

1) I can't play AQ at school
2) You could make a movieclip, make say 400 frames and then the popup with a stop(); action in it... Quite crude, but it works.
3) Time... I will look into it
4) It does. Make the guy a movieclip. Double click the movieclip, and make the raw art a button. You have the die animation... give the frame the frame label of "megadeath" or something similar. In the BUTTON actions, not frame or movieclip, put the actions
on(release){gotoAndPlay("megadeath");}

Hope that helps
Post #: 304
10/6/2007 9:22:11   
ion24

2) I Mean that the .Fla Pops up at a Certain Time. do you have AOL Althrone?
3) Need Glasses?
4) Do I Need to make the guy an MC After i make him? or can i Make the MC, Then Make The Guy?
AQ MQ  Post #: 305
10/6/2007 13:44:50   
flsg

no way althorne, I thought you would give answers in my place XD
you did, but that is WAY too not efficient
2. use setInterval(AS2), or the Timer class(AS3), there's some documentations in the help file
3.same as above
4. MC can be button, but not the opposite

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 306
10/7/2007 7:49:06   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

can ne1 help me?

Sig deleted.
Post #: 307
10/10/2007 18:39:19   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

.......hel ooooooooo?

Sig deleted.
Post #: 308
10/12/2007 1:31:52   
ion24

Sirschmoopy, Maybe you should try making a different game, just to Change You Way of thinking for a while. How about A Fighting game? Or a Shooting game? Maybe, Just Maybe, Remember this is a WILD Idea though, But What about A Simple Check list?!?! I Did one and it is VERY Cool, Plus it's a Good Way to take your mind off your Problems.

AQ MQ  Post #: 309
10/14/2007 13:06:56   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

i'vetried plenty of games ion,and i like turn by turn the best. also, nice sig

Sig deleted.
Post #: 310
10/15/2007 3:06:50   
The Illusive Man

Sir S - Turn Based is relatively easy. A real challenge is making a real time game engine (I started work on it a while ago, and am going to continue when i get my shiny new Toshiba Satellite X200 Media/Design/Gaming laptop :)
Post #: 311
10/15/2007 13:24:25   
ion24

@Sir S: Good! Now! Are you feeling any Stress? Any Tenceness? No? GOOD! Yes? Then Take a Break From Making That XP System and RELAX! Thank you, i can make one for you if you'd like.

@Althrone: 0_0'? You're Gonna get a new laptop? Specially Made for making Art/Games/Music?
*Lucky....*

I Have a New Question, How do i make a save Thing? That Works by Clicking a button? That Saves The Following: The Music Playing, The Background, And the Text entered.
AQ MQ  Post #: 312
10/15/2007 18:26:04   
flsg

ion24: what do you mean by save? If you mean cookies, then there's that class in the AS documentation(forgot which, search the keyword)
if you mean save to database, then you'll need a server-side language like ASP or PHP
AQ  Post #: 313
10/15/2007 18:57:17   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

@ion:thanks ion.
@flsg: in order to make it randomly pick a fight, would i make the btn roll a random number, then if it's a certain number, go to that certain monster?
@althorne: Nice

Sig deleted.
Post #: 314
10/16/2007 9:48:15   
The Illusive Man

ion - this can be done with cookies or a database. Cookies are easiest. And yes, it's an all rounder laptop :)
Post #: 315
10/16/2007 11:31:22   
ion24

@Flsg: I Don't mean Saving With Cookies Because i'm not Gonna Host it, I Mean saving like MS Paint Or Notepad, It's gonna be on the Computer But not on the internet.

@Sir Schmoopy: Welcome.

@Althrone: What i said to Flsg. *WHY DO YOU TORMENT ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!*
AQ MQ  Post #: 316
10/16/2007 12:25:51   
The Illusive Man

What i mean by a cookie, is to save a .txt file into the temporary memory. Txt files are so versatile that flash can pick up the variables in it. To get the variables out you need to write something like "loadvarnum". It's somewhere in the actions panel somewhere. I think it's in the global operators folder

Post #: 317
10/16/2007 15:22:31   
EragonZZZZ

quote:

ORIGINAL: althorne

Sir S - Turn Based is relatively easy. A real challenge is making a real time game engine (I started work on it a while ago, and am going to continue when i get my shiny new Toshiba Satellite X200 Media/Design/Gaming laptop :)

Your to-be Toshiba Satellite >= My Current Toshiba Satellite. Only > because it's a later model, I got the same arrangement (Media/Design/Gaming)
Although if you're using Windows Media Center...its mad buggy, they tried to hardcode it on AND make it software...so its nigh impossible to figure out why mine won't start >_<
Oh well, Itunes > media center.

but I lurves it. It's oh so so reliable. And durable.
I'd assume yours has a CoreDuo...if you've never used one before 0_o
Mad fast. Never crashes unless you try to test it.

I've run rendered 3D raster (so 'true-life' graphics) while playing games and listening to music and had enough CPU to run a Flash trace bitmap operation.
Although I tried using Dreamweaver and it finally said, "No memory, fool! Please close that rendering...please?"

AQ  Post #: 318
10/16/2007 20:32:17   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

what's a gmae engine?

Sig deleted.
Post #: 319
10/17/2007 3:21:43   
The Illusive Man

Eragon - Here's the specs i'm getting for it lol

2.0 Core 2 Duo
4gb RAM (hopefully)
nVidea geForce go 8700M GT 512mb VRAM GFX card (pure awsum)
HD Audio
Web cam and mic (but just addons really)
oh yeah, 17" screen with huge res. Instead of 1420x1024 or something like that, this baby goes to 1680x1280 or something like that.
Vista Home, but that can all change
320gb HDD

And the thing about it is (without the RAM upgrade i'm shoving in it) it costs something like 1200GBP. That's $2400. And for what you get in it, that's nothing lol.

------------------------------------

A game engine is the thing the game runs of Sir S. For example, if the game were turn based - the engine would be the thing that makes it turn based. A real time game engine is the thing that makes the game real time. I'm making a few open source .flas. A turn based engine will be one of them.
Post #: 320
10/17/2007 18:16:13   
ion24

quote:

ORIGINAL: althorne

What i mean by a cookie, is to save a .txt file into the temporary memory. Txt files are so versatile that flash can pick up the variables in it. To get the variables out you need to write something like "loadvarnum". It's somewhere in the actions panel somewhere. I think it's in the global operators folder

From what i can understand, i Simply save a Notepad in a File, Then have flash locate the File and take what was saved? *Millionares, think they have everything...*
AQ MQ  Post #: 321
10/17/2007 19:05:42   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

ion: are u sure u can help me make an xp system??? i've been using flash way longer then u, and it aint working for me.

Sig deleted.
Post #: 322
10/17/2007 21:04:42   
ion24

Um... i meant a sig.....
AQ MQ  Post #: 323
10/18/2007 17:06:45   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

lol. srry

Sig deleted.
Post #: 324
10/20/2007 10:48:02   
The Illusive Man

I've got my new laptop gentlemen. I didn't get the toshiba, i got a Macbook Pro instead. It's brilliant.

2.4ghz Dual Core
2gb RAM
GeForce 8600 GT 256MB VRAM
17" screen (Max Res = 1920x1200)!!

And other things. But it's a goddamn sweet machine. The deus ex machina so to speak
Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 4
Page 13 of 30«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition