Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A Thread 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 4
Page 21 of 30«<1920212223>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/27/2007 19:14:58   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

lol eragon and flsg

edit: how would i make this be able to save automaticly sorta like all other games, so i dont need to start over every time i log on?
Bugalop Adventure - Online RPG (SuXoRzZz!1!!!!11!@!)

< Message edited by SirSchmoopy -- 12/28/2007 9:31:32 >

Sig deleted.
Post sig only once per page.
Post #: 501
12/28/2007 15:45:54   
Taerzik

Finally did it! A couple of days ago I found a solution that puts my (rather barren) multi-user flash file in contact with the SmartFox Server program. It's nothing impressive (looking) and the chat still doesn't work right (scrolling chat window? I've forgotten how...), but hey, I'm up!

Anyone who wants to kick around in there is welcome to. I'm still missing some very important aspects (you'll figure 'em out ) so when something seems to go wrong don't be surprised. Just so you know, the password feature isn't implemented yet. Just type in a name for yourself and go. If you get 5 lines of chat visible then reload the file or else you'll miss what's said. (click the file link again to reload it)

If you only get a screen saying "connecting..." and it doesn't flip over to the sign-in the server is down or you're disconnected.

You can try the file from here: -> Link <-
At the syte just click the halfmoon icon on the right-hand side.

I'll be working on the file to add the missing pieces (heheh) and testing them as I go. Feel free to leave notes in the syte forum but please don't use hard language. Thanks.

Hope you enjoyed the Christmas holiday and the new year to come!
Post #: 502
12/28/2007 18:00:56   
flsg

SirSchmoopy: lots of ways. try searching for javascript controlling a .swf file. Currently I don't think you can do it with only flash.
Taerzik: keep saying loading for me...

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 503
12/28/2007 19:21:04   
Taerzik

Maybe I need to try to connect through another comp. I routed through a proxy server and the file loaded and operated just fine. It's either your comp or else it's a problem some others have used. Is you flash player up to 7? That's what I built in.
Post #: 504
12/29/2007 2:55:35   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Alright, I want to put my flash imagines on display in this forum, but I don't know how to convert it from a Fla. to another file. Also Photobucket (probably not anyother imagine site) accepts Fla. files.

So can you help me?
Post #: 505
12/29/2007 2:55:54   
Nickwright
Creative!

Go down to file and select Export, then Export Image, and then pick the file type
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 506
12/29/2007 2:56:35   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Thanks Nick :)
Post #: 507
12/29/2007 8:46:50   
Darklord517

Also, if you want to display them as animations such as .swf files i suggest you use www.swfup.com/ to upload.
AQ DF  Post #: 508
12/29/2007 12:16:47   
biG frend

I'm in the same trouble as Sirschoompy, i've found this from googlnig what you said, http://www.carknee.com/archive/2007/01/02/flash-file-swf-loader-control.aspx

But I have no idea if thats the right thing, Weather it works or How to set it up...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 509
12/29/2007 14:23:53   
EragonZZZZ

Sorry biggy, that's not going to help you do an autosave.

Way to give misleading information flsg xD
(just kidding)
AQ  Post #: 510
12/29/2007 14:26:49   
biG frend

Could you point me in the right direction then?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 511
12/29/2007 15:03:00   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

quote:

ORIGINAL: biG frend

I'm in the same trouble as Sirschoompy, i've found this from googlnig what you said, http://www.carknee.com/archive/2007/01/02/flash-file-swf-loader-control.aspx

But I have no idea if thats the right thing, Weather it works or How to set it up...

thanks for the help anyways!

Sig deleted.
Post #: 512
12/29/2007 15:04:47   
EragonZZZZ

quote:

ORIGINAL: biG frend

Could you point me in the right direction then?

Gladly. If you don't want to use a server, look up SOL files.
AQ  Post #: 513
12/29/2007 15:53:10   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

what do u mean by "using a server?"
i just need to kno how to save, then take out stuff from mysql database, or anything easier that my brain duznt have to think about for more then .1 seconds lol

Sig deleted.
Post #: 514
12/29/2007 16:31:39   
flsg

saving stuff is easy, the problem is that flash can't detect when the window(with the game inside) is closed.
So put a javascript code in the html page containing the .swf file. Javascript has a certain function that can detect window closing. Then it can communicate with flash, and once flash receives the warning, do some piece of code to save.

the problem is that I forgot which function controls and detect the things I'm talking about XD. Try searching on google

< Message edited by flsg -- 12/29/2007 16:32:01 >
AQ  Post #: 515
12/30/2007 11:33:50   
The Illusive Man

wow, i haven't been keeping track of this thread for a while lol.

This stuff is way over my head lol. *Needs to research more AS*
Post #: 516
12/30/2007 12:43:13   
EragonZZZZ

Bonus gift for you all.
Saves data. Read the comments in the .fla file for instructions.

Saver Class. <--- the .as file. Don't modify this.
The Test File <--- the .fla file. look at this and read the comments.

MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THEM IN THE SAME FREAKING FOLDER :D
To use my class, simply make sure the .as file is in the same folder as all your other files that need to use it.

Everyone, feel free to download it, as it's hard to comprehend. I explained it rather well, though :]
flsg, its AS 2.0, but cope for a second. I was too lazy to put in try/catch for error handling cause we all know i don't make mistakes anyway ;)
AQ  Post #: 517
12/30/2007 19:57:33   
flsg

lol, gonna try it later
what I'm saying is that flash can save, but SirSchmoopy want to do it automatically when someone closes the game, and flash can't detect it currently

AQ  Post #: 518
12/30/2007 20:03:09   
biG frend

I was wondering is there any quick way of making a Text Writing Animation.

E.g you see each letter being typed out on the screen, or do you have to make a new keyframe for each added letter?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 519
12/30/2007 21:07:40   
Sephiroth12

I think you have to make a keyframe for each added letter, best to do it with a movie clip :P But what do I know? I suck at flash... :P
AQ  Post #: 520
12/31/2007 8:11:22   
The Illusive Man

biG, as far as i know, it's a keyframe job. But i'll research it for you
Post #: 521
12/31/2007 12:14:47   
flsg

or you could use actionscript to do it :)
AS rules
AQ  Post #: 522
1/1/2008 11:32:20   
zenron the great

quote:

I was wondering is there any quick way of making a Text Writing Animation.

E.g you see each letter being typed out on the screen, or do you have to make a new keyframe for each added letter?

I did that the other day, what I did is make a blank first frame then motion tween. Then made a keyframe like 15 frames on. And in every frame put in the letters from teh previous frames plus 1 more (used copy and paste in the frames and just added a letter. its simple really).

Its abit easier than adding a keyframe all the time

DF  Post #: 523
1/1/2008 11:41:12   
biG frend

That'll still take ages for what I want to do but needless to say thanks anyway.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 524
1/1/2008 11:46:18   
zenron the great

why how much are you typing
DF  Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 4
Page 21 of 30«<1920212223>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition