Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=Q&A= Storage (Inventory Slots)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> =Q&A= Storage (Inventory Slots)
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/27/2024 11:31:32   
Icemaster Yeti
Snuggably legendary

All questions on this subject belong here. If you have anything to add please post and I will add it to this post if need be. Thanks.

You can buy storage in any shop.To see how to use storage check out the tutorials made by Evo below.

Storage Tutorial #1
Storage Tutorial #2
Storage Tutorial #3
Storage Tutorial #4
Storage Tutorial #5

Q: Can I sell my storage slots?
A: No, once you buy one, they're permanent.

Q: Does storage increase the number of weapons/spells/items I can select from in battle?
A: No. It is storage only. It does not increase the number of things you can select from in battle. You can only move items from storage in a shop.

Q: Can I choose what armor shows up on my character page?
A: Yes, the item after your No-drop(i.e. slot #2) will show on your character page.

Q: What is the max number of slots that I can buy?
A: No more than 50 per item category. The 100 Z-Token price automatically gives you one extra slots.

Q: Can I move my no-drop weapon/armor/shield into storage?
A: No. You can't move your no-drop weapon at all

Helpful tips:
1: Your keyboard can be used to ease the rearranging of items.
Step #1: Enter inventory as normal.
Step #2: Open the section you wish to work in(Weapon, Armor, Pet, etc.).
Step #3: Using your keyboard press the letter the corresponds with the first letter of the item you wish to move. (Ex: "H" for Hydra's Bite.)
Step #4: If need be keep pressing the appropriate letter till you come to the item you wish to move.
Step #5: Move the item up or down with the red arrows to your right as normal.
Step #6: Click "Save Sort Order" when done.
Bug Note: If you press a letter on your keyboard while in your inventory before step #2, meaning before you have selected your item type the game will freeze. At which point you will need to refresh the game.
2: Out of game storage management.
Step #1: Exit from the game, if you're playing. (just to be safe)
Step #2: Go to AQ Game Account Management Web Page http://www.battleon.com/account.asp
Step #3: Log into your account
Step #4: Click on "Character List" on the little menu on the right
Step #5: Click the "Inventory" link
Step #6: Select category, view your items, and drag/drop rows to re-sort.
Step #7: Click the "Save Sort Changes" button at the bottom to save that category of items.

You can now choose what weapon, shield and pet is shown on your character page. The Character page will show your first weapon after the no-drop weapon, the first shield on the Shields list and the first pet on the Pets list. You can change the order of the items you have by using the tutorial provided above.
Some items on the character page are now colored. Guardian only items appear in red, Z-Token items are blue.

EXTRA INVENTORY STORAGE FROM HOUSES
Q: How does extra inventory space work?
A: You can purchase up to 50 additional slots per category with z-tokens. However, after buying a house you gain an additional slot/additional slots, beyond the normal limit of twenty. Tent = 2 extra slot per category. Tiki Hut = 4 extra slots. Log Cabin = 6 extra slots. Log House = 8 extra slots. Stone Cottage = 10 extra slots. Stone Mansion = 14 extra slots. Tiki or Frostvale Estate = 12 extra slots. Forest, Darkovia, Celestial or Deren Mansion Estate = 18 extra slots. Skycastle = 20 extra slots.

Keep in mind, that you can still only use the first eight items in battle. Extra items will be safely stored, and can be swapped into your first eight slots using any shop within the game.

Q: What happens if I sell my house, and I have a weapon in the extra storage slot the house gives you?
A: It will stay there until you sell that weapon. Your inventory will show "Weapons 9/8" until then. If you sell any weapon, your inventory will then say "Weapons 8/8". The same thing will happen to all other categories as well. Tents add one extra slot to each inventory category. If you sell your house (and don't buy a new one) all those extra slots go away - but anything you might have in an extra slot will stay until you sell something in that category.

VAULT STORAGE
Q: What is the Vault Storage System or What does it do?
A: The Vault is an account wide storage and transfer system. This allows for not only additional off character storage on top of the above mentioned storage but also item and token transfer between your characters on the same account.

Q: Where do I get a Vault and how much does it cost?
A: A Vault can be purchased for 500 Z-tokens from any shop by clicking "Shared Vault". At which point you will also be able to name it as well.

Q: How much storage is there and how do I get more?
A: You will start off with 3 storage slots per category. Up to an additional 72 slots (total of 75) per item category can be bought at any shop for 100 Z-tokens each. The slots are purchased much like normal item slots as covered above. Go to any shop -> Click "Shared Vault" -> "Vault Slots" -> then choose your desired category -> click "Buy Slot" and finally confirm the purchase with "Yes". This can be done with any character on the account.

Q: How do I store and remove items?
A: An item can be stored from your normal in shop inventory screen by clicking "Put in Shared Vault" while you have the item selected. To remove an item from the Vault into the inventory of any of your characters log in to the game on the desired character and press "Get" from the Vault inventory screen in shop.

Q: Are there any restrictions for storing or transferring items?
A: Yes.

Currently restricted from being deposited:
Guardianship Upgrade Incentive Items
Raffle Ticket Shop Items
Houses
Titles
Faces

Transfer restrictions:
All normal purchase restrictions apply, this means you must be of the correct level and status to remove an item.
No Guardian items on Adventurers and no over leveled items can be removed.

< Message edited by DragonUltraMaster -- 2/27/2024 11:31:32 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 1
7/2/2013 7:28:44   
dragonofchaos

why can we only buy 10 extra storage slots? it kinda seems like a waste to me, as a rare collector i'd be willing to buy more tokens to purchas extra storage for my rares, seems to me like AE would make more money by not limiting the max storage capacity.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 7/2/2013 7:28:44 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
8/2/2010 14:58:22   
The Forgotten
Exquisitely pathological

The staff are opposed to rares anyway. There's little point in creating more extra storage space if you're not going to be making more rares.
AQ AQW  Post #: 3
9/26/2010 7:55:55   
big E

quote:

Tiki or Frostvale Estate = 3 extra slots

I have a Frostvale Estate and get 6 extra slots from it. The Encyclopedia says 4 for both Frostvale and Beach estate. Update needed?

Got it. Thanks! ~The Forgotten

< Message edited by big E -- 10/24/2010 10:09:27 >
AQ  Post #: 4
10/24/2010 9:42:06   
black knight 1234567

Note: Wait, no more rares? D: anyways: So, I didint understand ''If you sell the house'' part, anybody care explaining pleaase? :3
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
10/25/2010 6:17:23   
The Forgotten
Exquisitely pathological

Take the tent for example. You have a total of 9 slots, 8 usable, one storage. You have 9 weapons. One day, you see something you want to buy, so you sell your tent. The 9th weapon won't disappear, but will float in the temporary 9th slot until you buy a slot/house, or sell a weapon.
AQ AQW  Post #: 6
1/13/2011 17:41:18   
bassetbookworm
The Hound is Watching...

Is there a reason why wins would vanish from a character page? My adventurer's wins from last year are gone, but all my guardian's wins are still there. Is this supposed to happen?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
1/13/2011 17:43:34   
Baron
Legendary AK!!!

Yep, adventurer character pages only show wins from the last (or current) war you've been fighting in.
Post #: 8
1/21/2011 22:25:49   
MDLM... Joey Howe!
Banned

So with the best house and buying all the extra slots, what's the max weapons, etc you get?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/21/2011 22:27:26   
stratuscone

^27 slots maximum.

9 slots for the house
10 slots to be bought
plus eight of the active inventory

< Message edited by stratuscone -- 1/21/2011 22:28:33 >
AQ DF  Post #: 10
1/25/2011 23:09:05   
Berkkman

Is it possible that the active inventory could be increased to say, ten slots in the future? With an increase in useful classes, new MC's, and other situational stuff it's becoming difficult to fit everything you need in the standard 8. I know you can't make any promises, I just wanna see if it's a possibility..
AQ  Post #: 11
1/25/2011 23:12:09   
jsrjohnny

^ They've said it won't happen. Makes picking your active inventory items less strategic.
Post #: 12
3/28/2011 19:53:30   
I Underlord I

To answer the issue of storage space: rares are useless, and are lessening, rendering storage not quite so useful.

On-topic: (Very late) Thanks! This give me a couple tidbits of information. :)

"Memories and thoughts age, just as people do. But certain thoughts can never age, and certain memories can never fade."
~ Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

AQ  Post #: 13
3/28/2011 21:10:23   
Celidion

quote:

rares are useless

This is not true in the slightest, many rares, especially giftbox and Ballyhoo items, are still very useful and relevant.
AQ AQW  Post #: 14
3/28/2011 21:37:14   
afterlifex
Legend-X

^ rares ARE useless and item being rare provides no advantage, just because some items that are rare are useful does not mean rares themselves are useful. A rare is no different then any other item except it can't obtained any more, the item being useful or not is no depending on it attainability. If it it not being used a rare is nothing but that "rare" it has no affect on anything other then taking up storage space.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
3/28/2011 22:57:45   
Celidion

The idea of items being rare may be useless, but rare items themselves are far from useless. Many rares fill gaps that cannot be filled with non-rare items.
AQ AQW  Post #: 16
3/29/2011 7:16:00   
big E

^ There's one more aspect that makes Rares "useful" in the sense that they're worth keeping: in the future, a Rare upgrading system is likely to be added. Therefore, low-level Rares are worth keeping if there exists a higher levelled version that is better than its non-Rare counterpart. However, that does not mean they are worth using, just keeping in storage. For example, compare Chinook with Sword of Wind II. For a level 100+ player, neither is worth using, but SoW should be kept because its upgrade, SoW V, is the best Wind spell in the game, so someone who keeps SoW II in storage may one day be able to upgrade it, while someone who holds on to Chinook won't ever have a use for it. So in this sense, Rares can be "valuable" to hold on to in anticipation of the release of this function.

This only applies to Rares with higher levelled, powerful versions, though. A Rare item such as AQupcake, with a negligible function and no upgrades, is functionally useless and in no way better than a similar, non-Rare item.
AQ  Post #: 17
3/29/2011 20:14:50   
I Underlord I

Sorry; to clarify earlier, I meant that the idea of items being rare is useless. Some rares are very useful indeed. :)
AQ  Post #: 18
4/21/2011 22:08:15   
spyropulse

you think they would allow us to upgrade uber items to there stronger counterparts?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 19
4/28/2011 17:27:17   
DUBLANICA

How do people have like 20 slots for weapons on thier Character Page....
~Gaurdian
Post #: 20
4/28/2011 17:31:28   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@DUBLANICA For the common answer...its buying extra slots from shops and the bonus slots houses gives
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 21
4/28/2011 17:33:37   
DUBLANICA

Ohhhh.LoL thnks 4 clearing that up XD
~Gaurdian
Post #: 22
5/23/2011 4:26:18   
big E

I've seen a lot of people suggesting that Rare items on someone's character page should be highlighted in another color.
A supporter of this suggestion, I've also seen staff members mentioning that it probably won't happen. But can someone explain why? It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to do; very few non-seasonal Rares ever come back (Frozen Time Spines is the only one I can think of) so I fail to see the complications with this suggestion.

Similarly, is it possible that items which become Guardian-Only later on, are marked as red, as well? The point of the highlighting is to explain to Adventurers which items are out of reach - and for them, Head of Raydius Dragon is just as unaccessible as Guardian Plate. Thus, seeing HoRD written in black will cause a lot of confusion. Golden Dragonslayer Eclipse became red when it was updated - can the same be done to the handful of other similar items?
AQ  Post #: 23
5/23/2011 4:30:43   
vezha
Still Alive~

Rare items aren't tagged for a couple of reasons.
1) They could come back, as you said. Not the biggest reason but it's there.
2) There is no rare tag in the database. To implement such a thing, someone would have to go through every single item in the game and give it a Rare tag, not to mention the tag would have to be made in the first place. Lots of work for not much real gain.

Non-guardian only items that become Guardian-only are similar. If the item was released to all players but later stuck in a Guardian-only quest, it is of course not available to Adventurers. But "Guardian-only" is another database tag. If a normal item in a now-Guardian-only quest was given that tag, Adventurers with the item lose the item. Dragonslayer was different, as the shop was available for all and the Guardian armours had a sellback equal to the purchase price of the Adventurer armours.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
5/23/2011 19:19:16   
Jamiie

After seeing a post in GGD about storage i would like to know if this is correct info or mis-leading;

One day there will be an easier way of moving storage items about, eg, swapping item number 2 with item number 18 instead of multiple clicking to get it up to number 2, then more clicking to get number 2 out of storage.
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> =Q&A= Storage (Inventory Slots)
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition