Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Animated Liquified Avatar [GIMP/PS Tutorial]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Animated Liquified Avatar [GIMP/PS Tutorial]
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/15/2007 4:09:08   
LightningIsMyName

Liquified Animated Avatar (GIMP/PS Tutorial)

Step 1 - opening the sprite
Create a new file (image) in the size you want the animation, and delete the background layer.
now, in the image window go to File -> Oepn as Layer and choose the sprite you want to animate.

click to enlarge

Step 2 - Creating the displacement map
Create a new layer (Layer -> New Layer) with transperent background.
GIMP: Choose the PaintBrush tool and fill your layer with the "Sparks" Brush.
PS: Open a new image in the same size of teh first one. delete the background layer and create a new transperent layer.
Fill this layer in many many circles in diffrent sizes and colors so you will be able to recognize the borders of each circle.

click to enlarge

Step 3 - duplicating the sprite
Make the circle layer not visible (click on the eye next to the layer)
Duplicate your sprite and move it about 10-15 pixels downwards. Repeat this untill your sprite is no longer in the picture. Now duplicate and move your sprite to the top so only the bottom part of it is visible. Duplicate again and each time move about 10-15 pixels downwards untill your last layer is about the same place as the first layer.

click to enlarge

Step 4 - cropping the layers.
GIMP: Select your first layer, then go to Layer -> Layer to Image Size. Repeat this for each one of the layers.
PS: Select your first layer and crop it so it will be in the image size and no parts will be off the image borders.

Step 5 - displacing the sprite
GIMP: select your first layer and go to Filters -> Map -> Displace use these settings
PS: go to filters -> Distorts -> Displace. slect the displacement map you made earlier. Choose "Strech to fit" and "Repeat edge pixels"

Step 6 - Animating
GIMP: go to File -> Save a copy...
type the name of your animation and then afterwards add .gif.
In the export window select the options here.
In the gif window Choose these settings (except for the delay between frames - change it to 75)

PS: Save each of your layers as a diffrent .psd.
Open ImageReady and open the psd's you saved as the frames of the animation in the order it was in the original file.
Go to the settings of each frame and select that it will disappear when the next frame starts (i would have helped more but i don't have PS).
Set the duration of the frames to about 75 of 1000 of a second and save it as a gif file.

Sorry if the PS instructions aren't so clear, but i don't have PS so this is the max i can do.

Post your results please =)

< Message edited by Nicky -- 9/21/2007 2:50:50 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
9/15/2007 7:58:34   
Necromancer Wii

Wow! it looks cool, I would love to see a tut!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
9/15/2007 7:58:37   
The Virtual Reality

Is that just a liquidated sprite animated tag? Lol. Took me a second to realize it!
DF MQ  Post #: 3
9/15/2007 8:34:36   
LightningIsMyName

well, I'll take these as a yes.

Tutorial will be up in an hour or so.

Tutorial added!

< Message edited by LightningIsMyName -- 9/15/2007 10:04:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Animated Liquified Avatar [GIMP/PS Tutorial]
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition