Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 7: Galanoth's Worst Nightmare

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 7: Galanoth's Worst Nightmare
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/20/2007 17:13:59   
Genoclysm
Legendary AdventureGuide!

More Of Us
By: Cyrus

Greetings once more from the city deep in the Dragonspine mountains. Before descending into the proper topic for tonight, I'll start by clarifying something about my weaponry. As you've no doubt seen, I happen to be in possession of two very large katanas that I use in most of my attacks. Unlike what a certain misconception would have you believe, these are not known as "Dragon Spirit Katanas". Also, unfortunately for you human types out there, there is almost no way any blacksmith today could ever hope to duplicate them. The weapons themselves are very old, made by a master human weaponsmith who died centuries ago. I can't say if he is an ancestor to a certain blacksmith in Battleon, but it's possible...

At any rate, he is the one who perfected the mix of materials required to make one. He wouldn't tell me the exact composition, but it requires an alloy of three different metals, carefully shaped and used diamond shards and an extremely powerful elemental forge. As a result of this process, however, the blade is not only virtually indestructible, but also capable of dispersing elemental energy of all kinds. When he gave them to me, the smith called them Facet of Judgement and Facet of Banishment. I also know that my brothers, along with one other unknown person, have some of the remaining weapons of this sort, which leads rather well into my main point for today:

As I mentioned before, I actually have several brothers and sisters. Believe it or not, my family was rather close and lived a fairly peaceful life before my mother's death, aside from the occasional foul-tempered human. You've already seen Sheila, of course. She does have some Dracomancer powers, though she chose instead to focus the majority of her training on elemental power. In terms of ability, she's most skilled at Pyromancy, ironic as that can be. She rarely uses it for combat, however, being more of a supporting, inspirational person instead. I didn't see her often until Bradakhan's attack a few months ago, but some stories came in from towns all over human lands, even as far in as Battleon and Granemor, about a "blue girl with horns" who did all sorts of things to help out in the different towns and cities. It doesn't surprise me, since she was the only one of my siblings who thought my idea of training humans in using these powers wasn't madness. Despite how kind she can be, I would strongly advise anyone who meets Sheila to never anger her... A fireball in the face can be extremly painful.

Speaking of vicious streaks, there's also my brother, Xerxes. He's a bit less friendly toward humans as he never quite got over what happened all those years ago. He's also the only one among us who lacks any Dracomancer abilities at all, choosing instead to rely completely on his skill and his two massive battleaxes. He seems a bit grim at times, but he's not so bad if you aren't going after anyone he's friendly with. However, if you ever see him smile... RUN.

On the other side of the coin is my sister, Nava. She's far less able in combat, instead being the one among us who is a skilled performer and singer. Ironically, she's better able to shift between human and dragon forms than even I am, able to make herself look completely human. She was against helping humans in any way originally, but eventually decided to spend some time living among the humans in a nearby city. Once she realized that not all humans were as bad as the ones who killed my mother, she decided to keep her disguise while in those towns, and makes a life for herself singing in all sorts of venues. Despite all of this, she seems to be the happiest of us now.

My remaining brother, Gaspar, was born with a much stranger and potentially far deadlier set of powers. Not long after the death of our mother, he started to manifest both summoner and empath powers. He's quite deadly with his sword, on top of it all. Sadly, I haven't seen him in a couple hundred years, so I can't elaborate very much on what he does.

That about covers the basics of my family, at least the ones that still live. If you're lucky, I'll have exciting new material next week for you to read. If you have any questions you'd like to see covered in a future issue, you can use the strange technomancy these Drakel call "e-mail" to reach me through aqcyrus@gmail.com.

< Message edited by Genoclysm -- 9/20/2007 17:17:34 >
Post #: 1
9/20/2007 17:33:17   
.Discipline

I think this is great, the characters introduced here all full and I can vividly imagine them. Well done, Cyrus!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
9/20/2007 17:33:17   
Baker

I liked this article also. It was interesting to learn more about Cyrus, and hopefully we'll see some of those people come up later in the game. :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
9/20/2007 17:49:48   
Genoclysm
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I'd like to see a saga on Gaspar get put into the game.
Post #: 4
9/20/2007 18:01:22   
boomies

Cyrus, this article is great...I just wish that Yulgar or his cousin (Whos name escapes me at the moment) can make us some of those katanas...Maybe as a uber set?

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
9/20/2007 20:55:20   
Doklim Falcon

Hmmm... Quite an interesting family... I would like to see them in game at some point. In fact, Xerxes and Gaspar sound like they'd be an interesting challenge that I'd never be able to refuse.
DF MQ  Post #: 6
9/21/2007 22:48:43   
TreadLight

This is probably my favorite of all stories yet.

I don't know why, but it just is.

My favorite part was the explanation of Gaspar, which was very short, leaving me to give him the rest of his story.

You know, using that "imagination" stuff.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/22/2007 11:06:31   
Nessa Ellensse

Wow, a fellow pyro.

quote:

As I mentioned before, I actually have several brothers and sisters. Believe it or not, my family was rather close and lived a fairly peaceful life before my mother's death, aside from the occasional foul-tempered human. You've already seen Sheila, of course. She does have some Dracomancer powers, though she chose instead to focus the majority of her training on elemental power. In terms of ability, she's most skilled at Pyromancy, ironic as that can be. She rarely uses it for combat, however, being more of a supporting, inspirational person instead. I didn't see her often until Bradakhan's attack a few months ago, but some stories came in from towns all over human lands, even as far in as Battleon and Granemor, about a "blue girl with horns" who did all sorts of things to help out in the different towns and cities. It doesn't surprise me, since she was the only one of my siblings who thought my idea of training humans in using these powers wasn't madness. Despite how kind she can be, I would strongly advise anyone who meets Sheila to never anger her... A fireball in the face can be extremly painful.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
9/22/2007 15:17:24   
iMecha

I love the Dracomancer class, but the only thing I hate is the fact that there aren't many Dracomancer only weapons, shields, or spells... If those swords were available it would be awesome! Also, Xerxes: "However, if you ever see him smile... RUN."

You guys know what time it is?

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 7: Galanoth's Worst Nightmare
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition