Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Great Ripple Effect (Tutorial)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Great Ripple Effect (Tutorial)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/3/2007 21:55:05   
Saerokeon

This is my first tut so if won't be the best, most spesific, etc...THis is for gimp but I realize that PS users can do so aswell.

So first off, go to Gradients and put on these settings.

1) Once you have your settings, make a circle in the middle lower section, size doesn't matter. Go to Filters>Distorts>Whirl and Pinch and put on these (a little if-y, depends on your circle) until you have a hurricane-ripple look

2A) Then you to Airbrush>Sparks>Gradient, and do the Deep Sea Blue gradient we did for the main circle.

2B) Now if you didn't like that, try this. Put on regular sparks with regular settings and go boom, boom, boom. then go to Tools>Color Tools>Colorize and put on these settings (again, if-y)

2C) (I like this on the best) Now if you didn't like THAT, this is your final option. Go to Airbrush>Sparks and in the settings, put it on "Dissolve" rather than normal and go boom, boom, boom. Then go to Tools>Color Tools>Colorize and put on these settings (again, if-y)

Dun!

< Message edited by Cyseros Orb -- 10/16/2007 19:35:48 >
Post #: 1
10/3/2007 21:57:31   
DeathKnight2

That acaully looks pretty cool maybe add some nicer coloring and efxs and it'll be a nice lp :D
Post #: 2
10/4/2007 7:51:42   
Saerokeon

I don't know if I should be thanking you, I have no idea what you just said. But thanks anyway
Post #: 3
10/7/2007 7:45:08   
tren54

Nice tut! Here is what I got with it, but I think my settings were airbrush, behind, sparks, 35.4 rate, 23.6 pressure. You should include the pressure and opacity you want us to use, by the way, so our results will turn out better. Anyways:

DF MQ  Post #: 4
10/7/2007 8:38:52   
Saerokeon

Thanks for the advice. Try whirling and pinching more repeatedly for better results
Post #: 5
10/7/2007 10:11:33   
LightningIsMyName

Nice!

I liked my rsult (i forgot to save :D)
Good tutorial!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
10/7/2007 11:20:30   
DeathKnight2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cyseros Orb

I don't know if I should be thanking you, I have no idea what you just said. But thanks anyway

If you add some extra effects than it can be a great piece of art ;)
Post #: 7
10/7/2007 13:38:13   
Saerokeon

Ohh.....like what? I'm still kida new to this. Does this work in PS? Because in the archivesm KLiCShaW put it under PS.
Post #: 8
10/7/2007 14:09:52   
DeathKnight2

Yes it can xD
so I guess it PS/Gimp tutorial
Post #: 9
10/7/2007 15:50:27   
Saerokeon

I made a two way tut withour knowing it...
Post #: 10
10/7/2007 16:02:03   
The Virtual Reality

Go you! Nice tut. Good effect.
DF MQ  Post #: 11
10/27/2007 14:37:53   
Saerokeon

Now my only goal is an [FAQ] tag
Post #: 12
10/27/2007 14:50:52   
LightningIsMyName

Cysero's Orb, all tutorials should get an FAQ tag (so they won't be autopurged)

just PM an AK (Nicky tagged my tutorials so if you pm her i'm sure she will be happy to tag it for you)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
10/27/2007 16:19:26   
AND 1

i like the result after the first step lol. nice tut. =D
Post #: 14
10/27/2007 18:24:44   
Saerokeon

Thanks dudes. PMed The ArchNightess of the GoCA
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Great Ripple Effect (Tutorial)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition