Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 9 - The Loremaster takes on Lore has been interrupted..

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 9 - The Loremaster takes on Lore has been interrupted..
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/17/2007 16:45:56   
Reens

Post all your thoughts on this weeks article by Falerin, the Loremaster!
quote:

The Loremaster Takes on Lore has been interrupted...
By Falerin

For this important announcement:

I am taking a break from my in-character column this issue to extend an open invitation to the members of the Artix Entertainment community to join us on Caelestia.net for some Artix Entertainment role-playing fun. As you may or may not know, for about a year now people from Artix Entertainment and Caelestia.net have been gathering for adventure and mystery. Journey to Caelestia as you try to untangle the mystery of The`Galin and the history of the LoreMaster. Experience deeper aspects of the AE storyline and be part of the shaping of not only one world but of several, as they develop.

Gaming takes place in 2 3 major forms.

Semi-freeform role-play happens continuously in #DarkAbode.

Planned Sessions with Falerin as the GM/DM/ST happen in the channel #Epic when announced.

And brand new to Caelestia.net is #WorldPool, a constructed alternate reality where people have been trapped by the machinations of the evil Tirlerion with the help of some of The`Galin's most sinister agents. (semi-freeform role-play).

Many might wonder why we have an IRC role-play component at all. The reason for that is pretty simple. I am, at my core, a storyteller and gamer. The CRPG's that Artix Entertainment develops are really fun, but they by nature only allow us to touch a tip of the iceberg as far as storyline and gaming is concerned. The ancillary RPG's, as I like to call them, allow us to more fully explore aspects of the storyline that the game will not allow. While forum gaming would allow us to do some of these things, it has several drawbacks, not the least of which is a slow progression.

Maybe someday we might develop an actual official tabletop rule system for Lorian games. We over at Caelestia.net are touching that and are involved with it at the ground level.

If you are interested in joining the mayhem stop by #755-totallyooc, our out of character channel. Here you can get help starting the RP process, shoot the breeze, and even chat with game storyline developers about what we have cooking.

Speaking of cooking... Let me not neglect your stomach this issue.

I have been accused by some of being dense. I shall happily prove this true with this recipe:

Denser than a Brick Triple Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake:

Filling:
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (sometimes just called heavy cream)
1 teaspoon coffee extract, or 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (or substitute semisweet for a less intense chocolate flavor)
16 oz. Mascarpone Cheese (or substitute 2 8oz. packages Cream Cheese/Neufatchel and 1 cup sour cream) softened to room temperature
3 Tbps. cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
8 Oz. Milk Chocolate chips
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
2 jumbo or 3 large eggs

Glaze/topping
1/2 cup light whipping cream (often called just whipping cream, do not substitute light cream)
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
4 ounces mini white chocolate chips or finely shaved white chocolate

For crust
1 9-ounce box chocolate grahams, wafer cookies, or Oreos (crushed fine)
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap outside of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides with heavy duty aluminum foil to prevent leaks. Spray bottom of pan with vegetable oil spray. Combine butter and crushed cookies and press firmly to the bottom, but not sides, of the pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes while preparing filling.

Combine heavy whipping cream and coffee powder in medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until coffee powder dissolves. Reduce heat to low. Add bittersweet chocolate and cocoa; whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.

Using electric mixer, beat mascarpone and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Beat in cornstarch. (If using Cream Cheese, add sour cream) and vanilla; beat well. Add eggs one at a time, beating until just blended after each addition. Whisk 1 cup cheese mixture into chocolate mixture. Return chocolate mixture to remaining cheese mixture; whisk until smooth.

Fold in milk chocolate chips.

Pour batter into crust. Place springform pan in large baking pan. Add enough hot water to baking pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan. Bake cheesecake until softly set and slightly puffed around edges, about 1 hour. Turn off oven. Let cake stand in oven 45 minutes. Transfer springform pan to rack and cool. Cover; chill cake at least 5 hours but preferably overnight.

Bring light whipping cream to boil in heavy small non-copper saucepan. Remove from heat. Add 4 ounces chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Pour glaze over top of cake. Using spatula, smooth glaze evenly over top. Refrigerate until glaze is set, at least 2 hours. Sprinkle white chocolate chips or shavings to decorate.

Using knife, cut around sides of pan to loosen cake. Remove pan sides. Cut into wedges and serve.

Glaze can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.

Serves 10 to 12.

Enjoy!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
10/23/2007 16:05:24   
lightbringer lord

Well, we are really offical now. We just need a TS t-shirt .

AQ DF  Post #: 2
10/23/2007 16:21:05   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Lol I can imagine the TruthSeekers in a movie right now:
A Frog Plushie,
Red Winged Void Lord,
A Gray Haired Man in a Tux with a black cane,
Omega,
Kittens, Foxes, Wolves, you mention it XD
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 9 - The Loremaster takes on Lore has been interrupted..
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition