Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Univision: The Paxia Project (Still working on the name) Clan Vs. Clan

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> RE: Univision: The Paxia Project (Still working on the name) Clan Vs. Clan
Page 3 of 8«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/26/2007 0:16:02   
the big 7

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomdesire

but what happens when the event is over? with Negatus restored non loyal clan members like kandymine said, may defect to opposing clans that won in order to reap the rewards smaller clans may lose alot of their members as everyone wants to join the winning clans..that would nt seem rather fair...

hw about making clan membership not defectable in other words removing Negatus completely? it would prevent ppl from changing clans as and when they please, bring the message to members that once chosen u must stay in that clan forever and also if such an event reali does happen widespread defection to opposing clans..

another suggestion is to limit the number of times u can change clans so that once u reach the limit u cant change ur clan anymore and u have to stay with that clan forever it aso would help prevent defection if more of such events occur...these are mi suggestions

or just make it so no player can join teh winning clan until the clan has been defeated in another war and no longer is the champ clan (which will always be Aerodu lol)
AQ  Post #: 51
10/26/2007 1:07:16   
doomdesire

long live areodu!!
AQ  Post #: 52
10/26/2007 3:43:25   
Sir Gnome

Please keep to the topic guys. Removal of Negatus is definitely an option, although i'm not sure how long we could get away with that for - the kind of event I was thinking of could run for a month, perhaps, and having Negatus missing that entire time might not be what the staff want. At this point I look to Pie for his opinions on this whole rewards debate...?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
10/26/2007 4:16:35   
doomdesire

but at the first sight of another clan wining by a large margin, ppl(from losing clans) can defect with the help of Negatus, to the wining clans in large numbers juz to receive the rewards which would nt be fair to the members who fought and won...

< Message edited by doomdesire -- 10/26/2007 4:17:03 >
AQ  Post #: 54
10/26/2007 6:51:44   
Crimson Raven

Simple.
Make war rewards only avalible for a period of time after the event ends, yet keep Negatus out during thsi time, allowing clan members to get any rewards. Then, Take the items out, put it in the trophy room, and put Negatus back.

May I also note that during events Negatus is always removed.
AQ  Post #: 55
10/26/2007 11:10:59   
Sir Gnome

Indeed CR - I was just wondering about the practicalities during a medium to long term event, which proposal 2 would turn out to be (i'm beginning to realise this may be more trouble than its worth...)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 56
10/26/2007 11:23:48   
Crimson Raven

If the event is going to be a long one, give people a day or two whent he event starts to change clans.
This way, there will still be no clear leader, yet people are still granted freedom of movement.
As always new members can always access Paxus to join a clan, and they jsut cannot leave during the event, unless at the very beginning.
AQ  Post #: 57
10/27/2007 1:05:25   
doomdesire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crimson Raven

Simple.
Make war rewards only avalible for a period of time after the event ends, yet keep Negatus out during thsi time, allowing clan members to get any rewards. Then, Take the items out, put it in the trophy room, and put Negatus back.

May I also note that during events Negatus is always removed.

^support. gd idea! then at the of the event Negatus can be put back and clan members can change clans again...then again there is still the problem of some members nt participating and waiting for the event to be over to get the rewards...hw bout making it so that u have to fight a certain amt of monsters(eg.10) before acessing the war rewards? that way in order to get the rewards every member has to help out in the war effort for at least a bit...

< Message edited by doomdesire -- 10/27/2007 1:12:58 >
AQ  Post #: 58
10/27/2007 8:16:18   
  Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

I still like my idea for war rewards to be increased money/exp. That alone would motivate people to fight. :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
10/27/2007 18:42:54   
SIGMUND

Extra Gold, Tokens and Experience during the contest would be an incentive for people to take part. This would not be new though. All events have higher rewards than normal play. At least for the first day or two and then it usally gets Nerfed back to normal. I'll use Jagged peaks as my example.
This was what I had: I think the difference is clear and statistical analysis would show that this is not random.
Jagged Peak 7/9/7
4 Tokens 4 Tokens 2 Tokens 4 Tokens 5 Tokens 2 Tokens 3 Tokens
Jagged Peak 8/9/7
6 Tokens 6 Tokens

AQ  Post #: 60
10/27/2007 18:45:20   
Hansuke
Ribarg? Scavenger Hunt Winner! 07

It's just luck. The staff said there isn't any place to farm tokens and never will there be one.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 61
10/27/2007 21:34:48   
doomdesire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ultrapowerpie

I still like my idea for war rewards to be increased money/exp. That alone would motivate people to fight. :D

u mean that each player would have a specified amt of exp and gold?(would it be more gold per lvl?)
SUGGESTION:hw about having more gold or exp gained(war reward) according to hw many monsters u fight? ppl who fought more monsters would get more gold and exp

< Message edited by doomdesire -- 10/28/2007 1:08:12 >
AQ  Post #: 62
11/2/2007 9:10:10   
SIGMUND

doomdesire: Although the number of kills you make during an Event can be tracked, this would reward somebody who was lucky enough to get easy to kill monsters, more than somebody who was unlucky enough to get hard to kill monsters. Fair? Not Fair?
It also rewards excessive play. Does the AQ team want to encourage that?
AQ  Post #: 63
11/2/2007 9:54:04   
doomdesire

arent we all doing that during wars? easy lvl scale the monsters
AQ  Post #: 64
11/3/2007 1:40:41   
Ephemerality

Well, from what I can grasp on this issue it sounds like a great idea that would restore Paxian activity whether for a month or however long. The main thing that comes to mind is all the work that will be needed to breath life into this idea. Two of the main issues appear to be dealing with reward and clan jumping.

1. As for the clan jumping I agree with Crimson Raven's proposal...
"Simple. Make war rewards only available for a period of time after the event ends; yet keep Negatus out during this time, allowing clan members to get any rewards. Then, take the items out, put them in the trophy room, and put Negatus back. May I also note that during events Negatus is always removed. Also, if the event is going to be a long one, give people a day or two when the event starts to change clans. This way, there will still be no clear leader, yet people are still granted freedom of movement. As always new members can always access Paxus to join a clan, and they just cannot leave during the event, unless at the very beginning."

2. Now for the reward I cannot say I'm too fond of the halving of defeated clans Z-tokens to be distributed to winning clans (as it has already been stated to perhaps cause discouragement in donating tokens and participation in the war). I do not think Z-tokens are a necessary reward (partly because it does help supply staff income) rather gold I suppose would make a more acceptable substitute relating to financial rewards if such a reward is highly craved. Personally, I favor the idea of clan shop improvements and depending on how long such a war should last (month(s) or somewhat permanent) could also affect the reward type (rewards relating to clans such as element susceptibility- winning clans are more resilient to losing clan's elements- would be almost unnecessary if the war was only to last for a month- this also depends on how long it would take for a clan to be defeated).

-Anyways, the idea of a war chest (clan items, gold, etc.) granted to victor clans who defeat the clan(s) they were at war with brings up the idea of rewarding passive clan members who wait for the rewards without participating. Honestly, if it was set up just as CR said for a limited time and they also set it up to the point where you had to complete a round (fight 2-4 monsters, just as though the war was still going on) before being able to access the war chest (just as they have been doing in past events) then I do not think the lack of participation factor would be much of a problem. I say that because to know if their clan has triumphed they would have to be participating and by the time the slackers realized the war chest for their clan has released items, gold, or whatever the time gap would have most likely closed. Now of course those on the forums would be notified, but then again they will most likely already be active. Well, those are only two issues out of the many more in need of discussion that I dared to scratch the surface on, but I believe if we are able to hammer out a good enough foundation for this it appears to hold great potential for Paxia’s future.
AQ  Post #: 65
11/3/2007 4:58:58   
doomdesire

gold would be better then z-tokens which are hard to come by unless u buy them. gold can be farmed easily but nt z-tokens.
AQ  Post #: 66
11/3/2007 14:35:53   
Sir Gnome

Those are good points CR are Ephermerality - i'll update my suggestion when I get some free time. In terms of rewards, I personally very much like the idea of item rewards, either adding things to the clan shop, enhancing the clan armor, or having a temp item chest inside the clan base (perhaps containing temporarily strengthened clan equipment).

Just a reminder, we're still in need of a 3rd 'big idea', and some way of announcing things to the non-forumites. If we can't quite go with my silhouette idea, we could change it slightly... I'm sure a certain mod for Paxia could be used, if he consents (being present in every clan base, announcing the coming event, linking to Paxia forums)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 67
11/3/2007 16:29:33   
kandymine

Couldn't we have the clan leaders make the announcement under the "instructions" button? All they ever say now is "There is no event currently scheduled"
AQ  Post #: 68
11/3/2007 19:47:39   
doomdesire

post it on AQs main page
@kandymine not many ppl go to paxia on a regular basis putting it on the homepage would be easier as everyone has to acess it before u play
AQ  Post #: 69
11/3/2007 20:23:03   
kandymine

I posted it here specifically because Sir Gnome had asked for ideas to contact non-forum clan member players. It should be discussed here first and if people agree, then perhaps it can be put into AQ suggestions.

I just realised you meant post the instructions on the home page, I'm almost sure they would not do that though.

< Message edited by kandymine -- 11/3/2007 20:27:40 >
AQ  Post #: 70
11/4/2007 7:35:25   
Sir Gnome

It could be done as a side note, seeing as if things like a new Zardian relase get there, i'm sure Univision could
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 71
11/4/2007 13:17:11   
Sir Maro
Banned Multi

Now this one mighty fine idea.

I have nothing to say except I support this and it's awesome
AQ MQ  Post #: 72
11/4/2007 14:44:28   
Sega

i think that the old clans(aredu, nautica...etc)should fight the new clans(igneus...etc)then like ...something and stuff. idk... im a man of action not thinking...im just puttting stuff out there

Post #: 73
11/7/2007 19:24:51   
SIGMUND

I have to wonder what this Endless Discussion is going to achieve.

Is it time to sumarise the ideas and have a Poll?
Or Will Ultrapowerpie set a deadline for the end of this discussion?
AQ  Post #: 74
11/7/2007 20:25:06   
freedom_cleastia

maybe the larger clans(igneus)shld fight two smaller clans at once? or is that impossible?
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> RE: Univision: The Paxia Project (Still working on the name) Clan Vs. Clan
Page 3 of 8«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition