Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 12 - Where has All the Power Gone? (by Cyrus)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 12 - Where has All the Power Gone? (by Cyrus)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/27/2007 17:01:09   
Circe
Stand Back

quote:

Where has All the Power Gone?
By Cyrus

Greetings, scaleless wonders called humans. If you're reading this, either you've survived through another week of chaos or Death is being lazy again. My writings are a bit thin this time around, as I have been rather busy as of late, handling the chaos from recent battles (particularly the second uprising of the Dragon King). This week, I shall ponder one of the more interesting issues regarding dragonkind. Namely, why are some dragons so much more powerful than others? The answer might surprise you, but perhaps not. I have found that many of your kind are hard to surprise.

In the history of Falconreach and the other cities of old (a time now known by most historians as "The DragonFable Era"), dragons were much more powerful then those seen by the average Adventurer today. The weakest of dragons could decimate entire armies, while the strongest could have easily been the end of humanity. This can be boiled down to two factors. The first one is the lack of powerful adventurers at that time. Even I cannot explain the sudden jump in ability and equipment in the last eleven years, but it has occured. The farther back you go in time, the more you'd see dragons that lived hundreds of years and grew to their full power. In the present day, however, human adventurers have easy access to powerful weapons and masters of combat to train them in their use. Sadly, most other races cannot keep up with your advancements. The most powerful ones were slain by the greatest adventurers after enough time had passed, and those that remain today are far weaker than those that existed years ago.

There is a second, far larger issue at hand, however. The avatar of Death, something you know as the Reaper, is not acting as it used to. In years past, death claimed nearly every soul that left its mortal form. As such, only the most powerful creatures, dragons in particular, survived to achieve their full power. Today, though, almost none of the souls that fall in battle are claimed, and are allowed to return to the mortal realm countless times. As such, the dragons that should have been kept by the Reaper are still alive, meaning there are a far greater number of less-powerful dragons in the realm; for the same reason, there are far too many less-powerful humans. It is almost as though some greater force, even beyond the Elemental Lords and Draconic Avatars, were willing all of this to happen. I cannot prove any of this, though I have heard some Vartai speak of hearing ominous voices in the air, speaking in some incomprehensible language.

For now, I must take my leave. I will have to reserve my more detailed explanations for another time. I have many new issues to handle. Word has come down that a certain other set of avatars you know better than you realize is coming out of balance. Pestilence has been attacking you every two years for quite a while, after all. I can only hope that humanity realizes what it's doing before one of the most important avatars gains too much power and starts to unbalance the entire world.

< Message edited by Reens -- 11/27/2007 17:38:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/28/2007 8:30:34   
xehanort

quote:

Greetings, scaleless wonders called humans. If you're reading this, either you've survived through another week of chaos or Death is being lazy again.

death is lazy LOLOLOL
funny
AQ DF  Post #: 2
11/28/2007 8:38:12   
MEHEHEHEHEHE

Death is in my house having breakfast with me.
Post #: 3
11/29/2007 11:11:49   
ninja guy

nice article
AQ MQ  Post #: 4
11/29/2007 16:18:07   
~Cin~

This explains why Ziragat is the strongest dragon being in Lore in the AQ time line.

But at least we know from the old Exodus quest that at least one of the great dragons is left.
AQ  Post #: 5
12/5/2007 16:55:05   
Nessa Ellensse

Well that also explains the difference in level caps I guess
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/5/2007 18:29:50   
Silver Dragon

well at least it's safe to say my dragon is still really strong... have you noticed though that in AQ you die but Death sends you back (SLACKER ALERT!) but in DF your enemies merely knock you out and your somehow teleported back to the area's entrance? hmmmm.... lol
AQ DF  Post #: 7
12/9/2007 20:14:00   
Master Otenko

An interesting read indeed. I found this article funny, but it doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe because I'm more of a MQ player than AQ and DF? I still sat around and read it anyway. Hint: Read this to yourself in a British accent. It's much funnier.
MQ  Post #: 8
11/2/2008 13:00:26   
megamman95

dragged? to the entrance
AQ  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 12 - Where has All the Power Gone? (by Cyrus)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition