Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 12 - Fun Flash Games (by Reens)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 12 - Fun Flash Games (by Reens)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/27/2007 17:31:02   
Reens

quote:

or "What your head Forums Admin does when she needs to decompress"

As many of you know- at least those of you who frequent the IRC channels- I love little Flash games.
Lately it's been the games of NinjaKiwi: Bloons, Bloons2, Bloons Tower Defense and their newest one, Hotcorn.
One of the first that really caught my attention - and made me give it out to other people, was Paintball by Claxor. This deceptively simple, yet oh-so-evil little game kept me up waaaaay past my bedtime one night. And incidentally, it also cost Rolith and Artix some sleep as well. By about 1 am we were competing to see who could finish levels the fastest - and I was losing miserably. Finally gave up to get some sleep, only to find out that I quit about 2 levels from the end. After that... the hunt was on. Could I find another Flash Game that would catch my attention the way that Paintball did?
The Bloons series:
There's just something about a monkey with a dart and a bunch of balloons... it reminds me very much of Punt Twilly in a game-style manner. The object of each level is to clear a specific number of balloons with the darts you have- and sometimes you only have one or 2 darts.
Bloons Tower defense:
Set up like most of the top down Flash tower defense games, this one features not only the Monkey-with-the-darts, but an assortment of Bloon popping towers as well. Dart Towers (the monkey), tack towers, Ice towers that freeze nearby bloons, Bomb towers and the Supersonic Hyper monkey tower.
They also have Bloons Player Pack 1 and Player Pack 2. The staff at NinjaKiwi have picked their 50 favorite levels from those submissions by players to www.bloonsworld.com. These are a little more difficult than Bloons and More Bloons. I've managed to finish PP1, but PP2 still eludes me.
Hotcorn:
The newest set of cames from NinjaKiwi- you're a ball of heat and you have to pop a certain number of popcorn kernels per level. There are cold patches, "rotten" kernels and other obstacles to navigate around.

I tend to stick with the puzzle solvers rather than anything requiring quick reflexes, though. MiniClip.com is another of my favorite "I need a break" sites- I can always find something there to play. They tend to have seasonal games as well- so that's always fun.
They have SnowLine - another Line Rider meets Paintball type of game, so of course I'll play it. Their "Puzzle Games" section is always good for a few minutes (or hours) of timekilling.

I DID try Portals- the Flash version, but gave up rather early on as I've discovered that my timing for these things is horrible! For me, the best thing about that game is the theme song- it was written by Jonathan Coulton and sung by Ellen McLain. Ellen McLain, for those of you who play, is the voice of GLaDOS, and also does voices for the Half-Life 2 series of games (Combine Overwatch).

Those are just a few of the tens of thousands of Flash games out there for your fun and amusement... I hope you enjoy them!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
11/27/2007 23:58:46   
Baker

Oh gods, Bloons TD 2. That game has stolen away so many hours of class from me. D: Super Monkey with Epic Range and Heat Ray Vision = <3

I also like Portals, and will check out Hotcorn when I have a couple of hours to throw away. :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
11/28/2007 0:11:18   
Hyrdocannon47

Bloons Tower Defence gets very, very evil.

>.>

I got to wave 48
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
11/28/2007 0:17:28   
Tapeworm Shoelace

Ugh, I can't stand Bloons. So annoying. D:

Though I play Torus with Opera. It's a fun widget game that's a 3D Tetris in a circle instead of a straight line. Quite thrilling. It's not Flash, but it's similar. :/

Nice writeup, by the way.
AQ  Post #: 4
11/29/2007 11:50:44   
Saint

I really liked the Flash version of Portal.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
11/29/2007 19:37:44   
Tapeworm Shoelace

Wait, wait wait, what about The Falling Sand Game?! D:
AQ  Post #: 6
11/30/2007 22:07:38   
Reens

haha. that one is evil, Lightningblade.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
12/1/2007 17:02:52   
TreadLight

Oh gosh, I love the Falling Sand game!

Anyone play Kitten Cannon? XD
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/2/2007 3:27:45   
UZ

Bloons2TD. One of my favorite gamez! So addicting!

And TreadLight, I love it!
Post #: 9
12/11/2007 18:53:49   
TreadLight

There's a nice game called Lands of Rorept a couple of people are making, hopefully you can check it out sometime, Reens, it's made by your forumnite fans!

Here's a link: Creative Adventurers LoR Thread
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 12 - Fun Flash Games (by Reens)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition