Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Flaming text tut [GIMP][Effects][Text] - Now with Script-Fu

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Flaming text tut [GIMP][Effects][Text] - Now with Script-Fu
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/19/2007 12:18:57   
LightningIsMyName

Enjoy! (to big to post as an image)

EDIT: Script-Fu is now also available http://lightningismyname.deviantart.com/art/Fiery-Beveled-text-Script-Fu-72703028

< Message edited by LightningIsMyName -- 12/22/2007 12:08:33 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
12/19/2007 15:59:16   
Trip

Wow Nice Tut O_O
How did you figure out this?
And it also teaches how to make gold/silver text xD
Post #: 2
12/21/2007 6:05:06   
LightningIsMyName

Figured this out since i saw a tut once that shows the warp plug-in and i understood that with the right displacement map it can create fire (I just had to find it :D)

Beveled text was a result of playing with many filters (I checked out every filter in GIMP untill i found the best way to bevel a text without any manual work)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
1/18/2008 18:27:58   
Fartix

...I didn't make any flaming text with this... I stopped in the middle of it and made gold text.
Post #: 4
4/15/2008 19:21:10   
Mo

0_0
When I do the tut, the gradient tool doesn't do anything no matter what I do
AQ MQ  Post #: 5
4/16/2008 0:48:58   
LightningIsMyName

If you are using the gradient as needed in step 2, make sure you made a selection from your text (Right click on the layer and choose "alpha to selection"). When you finished the settings, click somewhere inside the selection and move your mouse a bit while holding your click (direction or length of movement doesn't matter - gimp simply needs you to click, move and then release in order to fill the shape)

~LightningIsMyName =)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
4/16/2008 7:32:54   
Cool Dragonz

Man, hawt! :D. H A W T! :D. I am going to use this soo many times... Thanks ^-^.

< Message edited by Cool Dragonz -- 4/16/2008 7:33:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
4/19/2008 6:11:54   
LightningIsMyName

notice there is a script-fu link below (I wrote it) which does it automatically - this might save you some time
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
4/19/2008 9:09:09   
Mo

Ya...about that, how do I get it to work on text in a tag?
AQ MQ  Post #: 9
4/19/2008 10:10:42   
Wen Su the Tank

yo LIMN where u been dawg i missed you. come lets see some art from u m8. great tut you always good at script's for gimp and converting tuts from ps to gimp keep it up mate
AQ DF  Post #: 10
4/21/2008 1:55:06   
LightningIsMyName

quote:

Ya...about that, how do I get it to work on text in a tag?

I assume you mean new rows, paregraph alignment (left, right, etc.) and theese things.

Since this supposed to be a logo script you aren't theoretically supposed to need any of theese.

If i'll have some time i'll try to add theese options
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
4/21/2008 11:32:07   
Mo

Just to help, you can also lock the alpha channel on a text and then use a gradient. Because for me it doesn't really work with blending in alpha to selection for some reason.
AQ MQ  Post #: 12
4/21/2008 15:13:06   
LightningIsMyName

locking the alpha won't work since the "shaped" will be the shape of the layer which is a square (and not the individual shape of each letter)

I have 2 solutions:
1. Make a path from the text (shouldn't be to hard - right click on the layer and select "path from text" in GIMP 2.4), create a new layer (Ctrl+Shift+N), bring the path to selection (Shift+V) and fill on that new layer with the gradient.
2. I'll write a script that does a shaped gradient filling for you (a silly solution, but it should work)

Just for some debugging information on your GIMP, please download the script and tell me if it works. If it does then you are probably (not 100% sure, but close to that) doing something wrong, otherwise it's a problem with your GIMP.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
4/21/2008 15:14:08   
ronin101

this is nice i would have to use it somtimes
AQ DF  Post #: 14
4/21/2008 15:53:44   
Mo

The script works.
AQ MQ  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Flaming text tut [GIMP][Effects][Text] - Now with Script-Fu
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition