Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 16 of 30«<1415161718>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/24/2008 15:03:20   
dxb105

art one
art two

constructive criticism one

The backround has been done well and it matches the render. The text also matches th backround and render but is a little large to optomize thet tag the text could be smaller or less centerd and it could put the render into the focal. The thin boarder though unnoticable adds tutch even if you cant see it. It's these deatails that throw a tag or sig togeter add more of these in a tag or sig makes it best.

overall summery

+ nice BG
- text to big
+ nice efects
+ nice barder

constructive criticism two

The render is in the focal which is very good as it stands out also the backround mates in a great way yet the tag could use somthing to optomize it like text but even without it the tag is stands out as the efects make it awsome. If i could i would only add a little more to the BG thus making it better because the right side is missing somthing

overall summery

+ nice BG
- less deatial on the right side of the BG then the right
+ nice efects

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/25/2008 14:43:56 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 376
5/24/2008 19:23:32   
_Affliction_

Kickin' It Old School
Metroid Mosaic

Critique One

I'd say the only thing I really do like about this piece of art, is the use of sparks on the left side. The first time I looked, I did not see the words in the top left-hand corner. A different position, or something more eye-catchy would help that, in my opinion. The beam of light on her forehead looks a little out of place to me. It was what I first noticed about the picture. It has complementing colors. Overall, nice work, but it doesn't appeal to my taste.

Critique Two

For this piece, I like the render. In my opinion, there could have been so much more that could have been utilized out of it. I do like the watery/smoky effect. In the bottom right-hand corner, I really like the piece of white. It is appeasing. The left side is a little bland. Adding something more could probably work for this picture.

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/25/2008 14:44:35 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 377
5/24/2008 21:19:38   
Max_Varg

Examples
Example 1
Example 2

CC

+Simple background, yet elegant
+ Nice Text and blending
- Render stands out too much

+ Once again, simple bacground, yet blends well
+ Very nice text
+ Render blends well
- Red takes away from the render

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/25/2008 14:45:59 >
AQ  Post #: 378
5/26/2008 1:53:39   
MPK

(Flash)
DarK BladeZ

Envy.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g284/Black_Fire189/Envy.jpg

Not approved. Check the rules.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/27/2008 19:05:09 >
Post #: 379
5/26/2008 14:05:54   
TonyRice

Fantasium, story designer.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=12760393&mpage=1&key=

Okay, constructive criticism time.

Image 1:
This is a great picture. The eagle is placed perfectly and the colours blend very well. The action shot of the bird is exciting and eye-catching. I do, however, believe that the writing could be a little clearer- it's a bit small and the dark colour doesn't stand out against the background. Well done, though, a great effort.

Image 2:
A smooth and elegant image, portraying beauty and romance. The woman is very prominent in the picture, and the smoky and dark background compliments the image well. However, the writing could be altered so that it is slightly bigger and stands out more. I love the colour, though, and it fits in well with the overall theme of the image.

Okay, what now?
Ah, yes.

End.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/27/2008 19:11:43 >
Post #: 380
5/27/2008 0:48:49   
Salvidor

Examples
Example 1
Example 2

Constructive Criticism

Image 1

+ Render blends well
+ Lighting is well done
+ Color in backround matches render
-/+ Text is small but clear
- flow isn't too good, and a C4D would have been nice

Image 2

+ Simple backround and brings out text
+ Text is well placed and done
- Render stands out
- text does not match render too much
+ Border doesn't stand out to much and has a good thickness

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/27/2008 19:12:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 381
5/27/2008 4:31:49   
_Chaos_

Examples
Example 1
Example 2

CC

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/mystery.jpg
The colours in the sig are quite good, except believe the text would be nicer as white.
The text is quite large, and my eyes darted to it immediately seeing it as a focal point(which it isn't).

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/Disorder.jpg?0.10083400%201211876793
Unlike the first one, this has an obvious focal point. The lighting was very good as well, bringing out the focal point.
The use of C4Ds is excellent, although I think the flow was off a bit.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/27/2008 19:12:14 >
AQ DF  Post #: 382
5/27/2008 14:10:34   
lorfindel

unfortunately some of my work remains elusive so i chose the best pics from those i could find. these are both drawn and rendered from scratch.
sunset
eery skull

image 1
the first image is quite good, and the background colours blend really well, however i feel that the main image should be affected more by the lighting, in that it does not merge well with the picture, and the pic as a whole does not really catch my attention. i also don't like the fact that it is not done from scratch-i feel all artwork should be original.

image 2
i really like the colour scheme on this one, and the contrast makes the main character really stand out. i dont really see the point in the text though, as it is barely noticeable, and i have the same issue with the blurring and the whole originality thing.

i think that's everything...

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/27/2008 19:12:33 >
AQ  Post #: 383
5/28/2008 18:59:25   
ianto

Ah, how long has it been since I last did this...

Examples
One & two.

Criticism:

1-The interesting bit is how we have two different focals. Immediately I'm drawn to either the text or to Faye, which could be good or bad. However, what gets to me is that the rest of the image fails to contribute. While is puts more focus on Faye, it still takes away from what could be done. The colors get a bit to bright for 'mystery', but they do seem cloudy which helps. Also, the rose at the corner of the text is such a small but unique touch, a nuance not to be ignored. All in all, use more of the space to add to the sig, while playing around more with the colors. (I'd give more specific advice, but I haven't touched to program in a while >.>)

2-Sentimento fixes most of the major mistakes in the last one. You used the entire background to emphasize the render's color, flow, and lighting while not cluttering it. The lighting is very nice, and the text is simple so it adds without being distracting. I would like to see it be a bit more vibrant, because there seems to be a lot of neutral grays in it that really shouldn't be there. Head more towards a definite black or white with those areas, or add color. Actually, generally brightening up all of it might do well. But this is merely for looks...if the dull was for a fading memory, then keep it, but give it a bit of sepia for a nice, aging touch.

Summer brings with it time. Time to bring back out some old hobbies.

Approved. Place yourself on pending.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/28/2008 21:19:31 >
AQ  Post #: 384
5/28/2008 19:48:13   
circa2005

artwork 1 -> http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5917/enthpuppyrv9.jpg
artwork 2 -> http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8530/sigshadowsdawngw1.jpg

2. constructive criticism
image one -> Its a nice sig, but i dont liek the background. I find the 2 colors dont go well together and is a little to dark. Also, the text could be a little more vibrant and stand out more.
image two -> Only 2 things I dont like about this sig. The text is to plain and to small. Also, I find the arm is to blured compared to the rest of the body, but other than that its nice.

quote:

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check the link to Dep's thread on the first post.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/28/2008 21:21:36 >
MQ  Post #: 385
5/29/2008 1:05:23   
Dage the Evil
The Legion shall rise!

pic 1 ~ hand drawn with photoshop to color

pic 2 ~ hand drawn just basic

2.constructive criticism

~ image 1 ~ Im not one to judge sig's cause i never really mess with them but here it goes. the person of focus is nicely placed in the pic and really stands out which is good cause to me having a crowded pic with the main focus covered up doesn't really appeal to me. it seem nice though, the colors flow nicely together.

~ image 2 ~ the image well drawn but lacked a bit of detail but not enough to push me away from the picture. one major flaw was a lack of color besides that it was decent.

~I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check the link to Dep's thread on the first post.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/30/2008 19:43:59 >
AQ DF  Post #: 386
5/29/2008 7:03:36   
roboduk3

Example1 Do not press
Example2 (Some tune I made) Music

Img 1 I think that the eagle is very high in detail and the background is smooth with all kinds of pinks and purples. Also the eagle's wings are very delicate looking.
Img 2 I think that this picture is very abstract with it's use of colours and effects in the background. It brings out a feeling of light and it allways makes me think of Tokyo. You can see that it is high in detail and that the glass-like shards in the background reflect the light.

quote:

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/30/2008 19:44:19 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 387
5/30/2008 0:55:17   
bradszy

1. My Art
Artwork 1
Artwork 2

2. Constructive criticism
Image 1

I like the colors, but honestly, the brightness is overpowering.
Also, the text could use some work. The font in my opinion, doesn't suit the image at all.
What I'd do to improve it is take the lines away from under the text, change the font and the text placement.
Adding a layer and filling it with black and setting it to soft light tones the brightness down a bit as well.
The border is cool.

Image 2

The effects are cool, but they don't fit the render.
Also, the lighting looks strange, her face is bright, but there's no light source shining on it.
The text doesn't fit the effects, either.
This piece lacks flow.
To improve it, i'd probably use a different render, and font.
And depending on what font I use, I might change the placement to fit the new render.
Either that or darken the face down, and change the lighting to her upper chest area.
Also, the little grey 'Grafh' in the bottom corner just doesn't fit, and the sig would be better without it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approved.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/30/2008 19:44:55 >
AQ  Post #: 388
5/30/2008 5:23:07   
Sacred DragonLord

Hiyas Grafh...Me Want To Be Approved so post my own gallery of LOLCATS!!!!

<|+My Examples::Part 1+|>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<|+Constructive Criticism::Part 2+|>

Tag 1:

• + Background Really Matched The Render or Picture
  • + Very Well Done Effects
  • + Text really matched the tag
  • - Red Eyes...do not matched Pae's Character
  • - water???on Pae...dont really matched the tag

==================================================

Tag 2:

• + Very Good Effects
  • + The Render quite blends the background
  • + Background really Matched the picture or render
  • + Depth is Good
  • - really bright and this tag contain more contrasts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<|+Agreement::Part 3+|>

quote:

one Last Thing....are those pictures are all you??

Images one and two are made by me. But they are not pictures of me.

oh i though all the girl pictures was you =O....

< Message edited by sealed dragonlord -- 5/30/2008 20:20:57 >
Post #: 389
5/31/2008 18:21:04   
Wilderock

Example 1
Example 2

2. Give constructive criticism to the following images.

i. [Image 1]

I really like this image, it's great. The color flows nicely -- it's easy on the eyes. Sometimes simplicity is better and this is a good case. The fonts are legible, it has its nice "features" (the lines next to Death from Above and eagle88). It's simple and unique at the same time. There's no border on this image, but that doesn't take away from its greatness. I liked the background a lot because it's different than what we usually see, just something brushed on. This has a nice pattern and a nice color flow, as does the eagle render. Light Brown and Dark Blue always flow well together because they're opposite on the color wheel. Overall, I'd give this tag a 9.5/10. It was great, but 10/10 is perfect and this tag isn't perfect. I've seen some that are better, and that's the difference with the .5

ii. [Image 2]

Whoa! The colors are impressive. Everything flows so nicely. A key part to art is the number 3 -- 3 colors (the light brown, dark brown, and tan, and of course the shades, black and white), a middleground, foreground, and background which this has, etc. It has wonderful lighting, and a border this time. :D Everything is perfectly spaced out, and I just really like this one. The colors, the render, and the simplicity in the text. Overall, I score this one a 10/10. It's divine. Nice work, Grafh!

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/31/2008 23:52:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 390
5/31/2008 18:54:55   
atikoetie

1.)I Make Sigs and Banners 2.)I also Do regular PS/GIMP Edits
(Almost ALL my edits will be Dragonball Z Styled(styled after my DBZ Fanfiction))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Render Mixes well with the Background, and I like the little harts in the font.
the combination of colours and the way they are seperated by the render, give an overall nice mood to the sig.
you could call it: "Anice place to be" or: "A nice thing to look at." it gives a feeling of pleasance and overall calming.
also the loose strokes behind the render give a feeling of smootheness and overflowing-ness(if that is the word)

This render Goes well with the background, it doesn't mix or blend, but creates a contrast which is overall nice to see. a sort of "Classic colour" contrast
the colours of the "old fashioned" photograph on the render mixing with the darkness of the background is the nice part. and then boom! flames from the guitar.
Nice effect, gives life to the render, and the little sparks coming from the flame also make it realer.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/31/2008 23:52:24 >
DF  Post #: 391
6/1/2008 8:06:04   
Angel Ecka
Banned Multi

Work examples:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5949/ihatethisonesc6.png
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4379/simplicityca2.png

C&C:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/SweetMisery2.jpg
The tag has a nice flow, colors blends well though the sparks near the head are quite bad. The text is also bad but has a good focal.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/sentimento.png
First of all, nice text though the tag has many empty space and the effects on the left side of the render is quite out of place.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/1/2008 11:27:11 >
MQ  Post #: 392
6/1/2008 19:21:39   
hz788

Two forms of art: Animations (photoshop), Hand-Drawn

One example:

CRITICISM

Sig 1: "Desire": I feel that the background of this signature art was great, the colors blended nicely, creating a certain effect for the main image. The character animation "popped" due to the background, causing it to stand out. The one word "desire" added such an effect to the artwork that showed some sort of liking to the piece.

Sig 2: "Sentimento": The background to this piece created a hazy, foggy atmosphere that, in a way, gave the person in this art a kind of dark feel. The seriousness of the guitarist made the piece seem to have a type of musical tone to it, almost as if you can write a song about the piece.

Not approved. Reread the rules.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/1/2008 21:07:56 >
MQ  Post #: 393
6/2/2008 13:04:43   
Artaek

Art
[x] [x]
~~~

CC

-There is no proper focal.
-You need to blend in the render more
-Adding drop shadow on text removes some depth
-Glowing isn't always the best way to go.
-Bad quality, do not save as .JPEG

-I like this one. Nice use of C4D's and colors.
-The glowing on the guitar stands out.
-Blend in the render a little more.
-In my opinion smudging the edges of a render is a no-no.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/3/2008 6:04:39 >
DF MQ  Post #: 394
6/2/2008 20:38:23   
dorandragon

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=anibrutetcoh0.jpg one moster

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blurrymoonpi9.png one picture of auron's blurry moon from ffx in paint

um, on the alt. pic 1
, it looks messy, you might want to clean up the lines abit. although truly it is an interesting style of art that looks fun and easy to make(of course to make something look good you need to put some time ito it.) and the pose looks unrealistic might want it standing instead of almost sitting.this style of art is good for cartoonish style drawings. also the front wing looks a bit stunted. +1

on alt pic 2,
it's too small, cant see what it is. is it a dog warrior? werewolf? you can't tell because its too small. cant say much else other than the shadow. if you want a shadow dont make it black because it will be to dark compared to the drawing, so make it a greyish-white to a greyish-black. -1

Approved. Keep working on your CC.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/3/2008 6:05:22 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 395
6/3/2008 7:49:37   
hz788

Examples of art: Example 1 Example 2

Constructive Criticism:

The hues in the colors contrast well with the image shown in front. The background created a sort of "spacey" feeling. The colors in the back make the front image stand out by a mile. I like the single word Mystery on the left side. It gives a, well, mysterious meaning to the picture. I think that the artist could have used a color OTHER than pink to make the front image pop, but I like it overall.

The background patten just stuns me. I, personally, look at backgrounds first, and then judge the front image, but this background is just perfect. It is amazing how the front image sort of fogs off a little bit and becomes a part of the background. The dark red clashing with the white suggests a dark kind of feeling. The word Inspire on the left, to me, is supposed to make the image sort of inspire other people's artwork, almost like a muse. This was probably one of the best pieces I've seen.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/3/2008 19:27:52 >
MQ  Post #: 396
6/5/2008 15:22:14   
Davosaur

Example 1
Example 2

Constructive Criticism:
Dragon and Screenshot

Dragon:
Pros:
Good shading +1
Colors blend together well +1
The nature of this creature is well illustrated+1

Cons:
The outlines are low quality
the background does not blend well with the dragons color
Head/body proportions are not equal

How to fix these :
1 Smooth out the lines
2 change the background to a place where you would actually think it would be
3 make head smaller

Screenshot:

Pros:
Colors are well chosen for the surroundings +1
Shading makes them almost look real +1
weapons are nicely illustrated and fit well with the picture +1

Cons
the faces are not well shown and are too dark ( except the middle one)
the Opposing side does not have well blended colors

quote:

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/5/2008 20:29:13 >
Post #: 397
6/6/2008 17:30:57   
Celestial Messenja

Examples of Art:
Example 1
Example 2

Constructive Criticism:
Sample 1
The colors seem to clash subtly with one another, a slight problem easily fixed with a color replacement tool. The orange base on the left hand side of the picture could be tinted to match better with the pink of the face and the right hand side. This would not be a problem if the colors blended, but they only appear to cut off. Also although the words match perfectly in color, they are difficult to identify and should be made larger in my opinion.

Sample 2
I like the smokey fade off of the girl's sleeve, and I would have liked to see it continued all the way down her arm. An alternate to that would have been to keep the rest of her arm from feathering to the left. In my opinion, it should have been either or. On the left hand side, the background could have been a little bit darker if the artist wished to put emphasis on the white of the girl's shirt and make her stand out better. Other than those minor things, this is a beautiful piece.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/6/2008 20:00:57 >
AQW  Post #: 398
6/8/2008 18:26:57   
Rath93

1. Artwork
Example 1 Example 2

2. Constructive Crit.

Image 1
It's a pretty good picture, but I feel like the text is a little bit out of place. The font Is a little bit weird where it says By Grafh and Where it says Death from Above. The background coloring goes nicely with the pic (even if it IS pink, lol), and the placing of the Eagle88 text with the lines around it was done nicely. Overall, it's a good picture.

Image 2
I like it, the smoke effects look really cool except where the largest one comes off of her shoulder. The picture is also unbalenced, with alot of weight to the left but next to none to the right. This is a personal opinion though, and it might of been made like that purposely. The text was done nicely, again I like the line that goes through it, but the little white wisp that goes to the right of it looks a little bit weird. The background color goes nicely with the rest of the pic, so overall, it's a nice picture with few flaws that could even be considered personal prefrence.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/9/2008 20:34:18 >
DF  Post #: 399
6/9/2008 18:46:33   
somebody621

1. Artwork
Example 1
Example 2

2. Constructive Criticism
Image 1
Let's start on the right side. The background is blurred, creating a nice sense of depth, and the lines help create flow. However, the shadow of the eagle is an unnecessary effect, as it contrasts the lighting created. Also, the pink contrasts with the idea of an armored eagle. Going to the left side, the blue, whether part of the render, or something added, isn't the best choice. The text could be better, as it takes up a little too much space, and the font is a bit too smooth for the concept, though this is understandable as it seems to be a request.

Image 2
The first thing that comes to my mind when I see this tag is that it's undercontrasted and the blurred layer set on lighten or whatever makes it seem like the focal is radioactive or something... Seriously, the effect usually isn't the best to use. Also, the colors are a little monochromatic. However, this tag also has good sides as well. The depth is pretty good. Also, the text makes a nice focal without being distracting. In the future, so that you can improve, some things to consider are adding more effects, and creating a better sense of lighting.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/9/2008 20:37:44 >
Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 16 of 30«<1415161718>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition