Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Introduction to Java - Completed!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Introduction to Java - Completed!
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/26/2008 20:24:39   
Krieg

I have finally completed this tutorial!

Yeah, I ended up removing Chapter 10 and merging Chapter 9 into Chapter 8, but all of the essential information is covered. If you want to learn more about what methods different data types offer you, Google is a very good place to start; I cannot possibly list all of them here.

Well, I guess that's it. Good luck programming!

< Message edited by Penndragon -- 4/26/2008 20:25:18 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
4/26/2008 21:07:33   
linkman88

Brilliant

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
4/26/2008 22:41:18   
Krieg

Thanks. :)

Think anyone would actually read it?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
4/28/2008 3:44:36   
Nicky

Nice guide, Penndragon :). I'm not really much into Java myself, but I'm sure that it would be a perfect resource for anyone wanting to learn it.

Great job :D.
AQ DF  Post #: 29
4/28/2008 19:00:20   
Krieg

Hehe, we'll see. ;)

I'm currently reading the book Killer Game Programming in Java by Andrew Davidson which discusses a lot of the things I did not and will not learn in class, specifically Java2D and Java3D. From what I've read so far, it is really complicated stuff. However, once I figure it out and apply it to some personal projects, we might see a sequel to this tutorial (depending on the interest, of course).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
4/28/2008 19:55:03   
GaurdianX

wow amazing
and very cut through and detailed
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
4/30/2008 17:05:17   
Krieg

It's actually far from detailed (I took out most of the terminology and briefly explained what I felt was necessary; it's an introduction), but thanks for the thought. :)

Anyway, I've gotten a little further in the book. There are so many things there that I did not even consider in the past: memory leaks, resource management (ie cpu and memory usage), concurrency, etc. I guess it's a good thing or this tutorial would be even longer.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
4/30/2008 17:17:12   
Mo

Most people want the easy way out. If it is a long, 50 page tutorial and it teaches them, they'd rather read that than a text book that is 500 pages along with another text book that is 300 pages
AQ MQ  Post #: 33
4/30/2008 20:04:37   
Krieg

Makes sense. :)

This tutorial is a little over 24 pages long with 1" margins (not including images) on standard 8.5" x 11" paper... :o

Wow, that's actually a lot longer than I expected it to be. XD
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
4/30/2008 21:29:56   
Mo

Now imagine if you included Chapter 10
AQ MQ  Post #: 35
5/1/2008 20:59:27   
Krieg

Chapter 10 was going to actually be very short. All I was going to do is introduce the concept of recursive methods, but I figured that it really is too annoying to teach and learn.

Iterative: School Boy - a male child than attends an academic institution
Recursive: School Boy - a boy that attends school
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
7/27/2008 9:27:20   
Krieg

Long time no see, everyone. How is everybody doing?

Anyway, I've added a nine class program for you all to play with. It is a text-based RPG battle simulator that I created as my final project for AP Computer Science A. Although it is very basic, I still got a 100% for it (then again, I was the only person in class to actually complete a final project on time). Please feel free to edit it at your leisure: add monsters, items, balance it, and maybe even update the calculations.

You can find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mhmxjfzncyn

P.S. I've noticed that MediaFire has deleted all of my uploaded files (WTF?) so I have reuploaded all of them. Please send me an email if it occurs again.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Introduction to Java - Completed!
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition