Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul
Page 13 of 18«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/28/2008 16:55:35   
biG frend

Okay so haven't asked a question in a while, but here goes.

If I use the unloadMovie() function, when I exit the frame and re enter it, the unloadedmovieclip will return. How can I stop this?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 301
10/28/2008 17:10:05   
EragonZZZZ

Depends. If you attached a movie using attachMovie() in that frame and then remove it later on in the code, obviously it's going to re-attach.

If it's a movieClip on the stage that you remove on the frame, and then return to the frame, the easiest way to stop it (I'd think) would be:

var removedClips:Array = new Array();
function removeClip(m:MovieClip):Void {
     removedClips.push(m);
     m.unloadMovie();
}

function removeClips():Void { 
     for(var i in removedClips) {
          removedClips[i].unloadMovie();
     }
}

function onEnterFrame() {
     removeClips();
}

I tested this and it works perfectly. Note that if you're going to do this you need to put the code I gave you on a single layer with one keyframe (that spans the entire length of the movie). You should be able to call the removeClip() function from any frame anywhere, but this code MUST go on that layer.
AQ  Post #: 302
10/30/2008 0:51:48   
independence quiad!!

Hey all.
ive been away for approx a year and i have been experimenting with lots of different aspects of flash.
i am going to restart my orthlint thread and have a complete facelift of the game.
going to need a couple of people to help.
Any body keen?
also ive forgotten how to add flags to the timeline. i feel like a noob please help
AQ DF  Post #: 303
10/30/2008 7:33:42   
Awsome Teh Cake

I'll help XD! And all you need to do is click the keyframe and put in a name for the frame :D, and make sure it's set on name, and not the others, like comment or anchor, which I personally think sound very cool yet have no real purpose in flash XD! Lol, but I'll help you :D! Count me in :)
AQ  Post #: 304
11/1/2008 11:48:40   
The Illusive Man

Alright guy, I'm fully back now.

And hey IQ!!

I'm all up for helping people with flash again even though eragon dwarfs my AS knowledge.

Al out and God Save the Queen
Post #: 305
11/3/2008 12:58:58   
Taerzik

Sooooo... anyone know what's up with the new FP10 and the problems in AE's games?
I haven't tested my project on the new player yet but for now I'm limiting users to version 7-9.

Althorne, good to have you back.
IQ, I don't think we've met but it's always good to have another developer around. I'll check out your project. I've got one of my own in the Multimedia section so feel free to drop by and comment or make suggestions.
Post #: 306
11/11/2008 16:45:11   
TheShadowed1
long cat r looong

Something to add, for helpy ness

How to save your flashes as an animated gif
<Ts1\afk> same them as a quicktime video file
<Ts1\afk> port into imageready
<Ts1\afk> and save
<Ts1\afk> shimple
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 307
11/11/2008 17:36:43   
EragonZZZZ

An addendum to the prior post!

In Flash:

quote:

File >> Publish Settings >> Check box labeled .GIF

Tab appears!
quote:

.GIF Tab >> Playback >> Animated

(select other options to taste)

quote:

Publish!

< Message edited by EragonZZZZ -- 11/11/2008 17:37:07 >
AQ  Post #: 308
11/13/2008 20:38:53   
TheShadowed1
long cat r looong

yeah that too
I have no idea about flash, just thought about what i know how to do XD
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 309
11/22/2008 18:26:41   
flsg

ROFL IQ, I remember your flash turn-based game XD
so like, who's still alive here lol

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 310
11/22/2008 23:02:51   
EragonZZZZ

Me. You go look at my AS gallery in Multimedia now, methinks.
AQ  Post #: 311
12/11/2008 3:31:15   
Taerzik

Question:
When I run my Flash project (built in Flash 8) in FP 10 it doesn't remove some items from previous frames that don't exist in the current. An example is a window I made (not a skinned variety of the ones that come with Flash). When the user clicks it's button, the frame changes and the window is supposed to close. The frame changes but the window stays there unless it it closed a second time.
Other similar problems have occurred. Any clues?
Post #: 312
12/14/2008 19:19:52   
flsg

eragon: link plz, 2 lazy

hey wait you're not alive, you just quit, lol

here goes another one
flsg will be the ultimate nerd who stays on this forum 4eva, haha

edit: come on! gimme ur msn x.x

< Message edited by flsg -- 12/14/2008 19:22:25 >
AQ  Post #: 313
12/15/2008 23:28:35   
Vampire and Human

taerzik: LOL, XD, samething almost hapnd to me.
Anyone: btw, has anyone had problems with pretty much ALL ur flash files open in cs4 automatically, n then u can't can't change them back XD! LOL, any known way to fix this so far?
AQ  Post #: 314
12/24/2008 22:14:19   
flsg

kk just read some reviews on CS4...
so far it's sucking x.x
I really don't get why they release new updates and new features so fast, plus they're minor or semi-useful only
I've been using flash since MX (flash 6), and frankly I don't think I can catch up anymore with this speed >.>
the new tween system, 2.5D, bone thinggy, etc.

sigh
AQ  Post #: 315
12/27/2008 5:09:48   
independence quiad!!

Hey im currently using hitTest and i was wondering if there was a more effiecient way of doing this?
AQ DF  Post #: 316
12/28/2008 11:43:12   
KickingFriedCats

onClipEvent(load) {

speed = 5
}
onClipEvent(mouseDown) {
	endX = _root._xmouse
	endY = _root._ymouse

xspeed -= speed;
	gotoAndPlay(2);
	xspeed += speed;
	gotoAndPlay(2)
	yspeed -= speed;
	gotoAndPlay(2)
	yspeed += speed;
	gotoAndPlay(2)

}
onClipEvent(enterFrame) {
	_y += (endY - _y)/speed

_x += (endX - _x)/speed

}

TBH, I have no idea what that code above does. I mean, I know its something to do with point and clicking and animation, but that's basically it. Anyway, what I need to know is how to make the animation stop? This is Endisukaj's code, so umm, I don't really know whats wrong other than that the walking animation wont stop once it starts. And what we(Endi and I) want to know is how to make it stop.

Kthxbai.
AQ  Post #: 317
12/30/2008 23:06:24   
golden rod

hey so i'm new to flash and i've got a question. i'm trying to make a simple whack-a-mole game for practice and in the title layer i'm suppose to and i quote this from a book that i'm using to help me learn flash, "draw a graphic that looks approximately like..." then there is a picture that has a background which i've already put in place but in front of the background is a square that says whack a capsule. it has some instructions on it. then says click to begin. it should completely cover the background layer and be the exact same size as the stage, which is 640x480. so umm what do they want me to do exactly i'm not sure.

could i get some help
DF MQ  Post #: 318
1/8/2009 19:53:24   
Vampire and Human

Umm... What? Repeat, english hebrew spanish or russian please.
AQ  Post #: 319
1/8/2009 22:40:49   
Nicky

Ohh. I think I know what golden rod is asking.

I think they mean that the book is asking them to make a button that is the size of the stage? Which would explain the text and instructions on it. And then the user is the click the button to begin playing the game.

Try and just replicate what they have in the book on a layer, then select all of it, press F8 and make it a button?
AQ DF  Post #: 320
1/9/2009 5:13:21   
Vampire and Human

or just onMouseDown = function(){
play()
}
AQ  Post #: 321
1/10/2009 16:26:50   
Luggy

I have a small question.
Is there any way to embed Flash animations on PowerPoint?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 322
1/10/2009 16:30:56   
TreadLight

http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/52767p1.html

Luggy, this site's explanation worked perfectly for me when putting .SWFs into PowerPoint presentations.. Check it out.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 323
1/17/2009 19:57:49   
CL3

Hey guys. My new years' resolution is to learn AS3. I can finally see some gaps in all my schoolwork, so I need something to do when im not watching anime and I think its about time to get up to speed. I've been stubbornly putting it off and working with AS2 for ages now. So, can anyone reccomend a good website for the first steps in learning AS3. Im not particularly interested in programming books, since from experience they aren't as user friendly as an online reference. I haven't even so much as attempted a "Hello World" yet, so I'm really looking something that starts at an absolute noob level and works up to an intermediate sort of level. Ideally, a steep difficulty curve would be good - speed learning ftw.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 324
1/18/2009 12:34:55   
biG frend

I'm not going to give you any specifics, but from what I can remember reading, its fairly easy to convert as2 to as3, so really I'd look for a tutorial in converting (manually not with a program or w/e) and go from there, I think I saw one in the flash tutorial collab 08.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul
Page 13 of 18«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition