Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul
Page 14 of 18«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/20/2009 20:44:18   
EragonZZZZ

I advise not converting. Don't convert from AS2 to AS3.

Re-learn AS from the ground up. Get yourself a copy of Essential Actionscript 3.0 by Colin Moock, or something along those lines - then read through it and work your way up.

I guarantee you'll benefit in the long run.
AQ  Post #: 326
1/21/2009 18:28:11   
CL3

^I will look into that
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 327
2/6/2009 7:39:53   
MegaPoster404

Okay, I'm a flash beginner and I want to make some looping music. I know how to import music into the library, but if I put it in
the stage it only plays once. I use AS2, as AS3 says I can't apply code to anything :P
DF MQ  Post #: 328
2/18/2009 13:12:42   
Vampire and Human

Just drag the sound into the frame, select the frame, and in the lower right corner, there is something that either says "Event" "Start" or "Stop". Click it, and change it to loop. The End. Or, you could put it into the frame, select any of them except loop, and enter in a number so large into the repeat thing, that only someone with half their brain would try to stay 'till the end of the almost infinite repeat. Have fun :3!
AQ  Post #: 329
2/20/2009 15:29:29   
Vampire and Human

Does anybody anything about fs commands? Because I was wondering if it's true that fullscreen will only work on somebodies personal computer? And that it can't properly run the fullscreen thing when opened through the interwebz? Thanks in advance,

-Beef
AQ  Post #: 330
2/26/2009 20:33:26   
wutengyuxi

Hi, I have a question about how to pause/play multiple layered movie clips. For example, I made an arm of a person composed of 3 movie clips. I made the 3 of them into a single movie clip "arm". I animated on both the arm layer and then inside the arm layer on the three individual movie clips. Now I want to pause all of these layers when I click on the timeline that "arm" is currently in. I made a button on the main timeline and paused the main timeline (and it will play if I click on the button), but the three layers inside the arm still runs. I don't know how to get the three movie clips inside "arm" to pause from the main timeline. Can anyone help me with that? (I'm working with actionscript 3.0)
DF  Post #: 331
2/28/2009 6:35:50   
redcaa

This is kind of a request lol. Could any 1 send up a tut bout how to do shading (Aqw style) for weapons?
By the way i got Macromedia Flash 8 Pro not adobe 1.
Thanks In Advance
DF  Post #: 332
3/5/2009 11:29:30   
flsg

n00b eragon, I recommended that book a year ago lol
AQ  Post #: 333
3/5/2009 13:04:50   
tauguy

Ok, im trying to do a temp. inventory, and im using this code as the function:

currentslotnum = 1;
_root.evidence._visible = false;
function addToslot (item) {
if (!item.found) {
item._x = eval ("_root.evidence.itemSlot" + currentslotnum)._x;
item._y = eval ("_root.evidence.itemSlot" + currentslotnum)._y;
item.found = true;
currentslotnum++;
}
}

evidence is a movieclip which contains a load of inventory slots

when you click on something this function is supposed to happen to it ^^^
it works if the slot is in the root. timeline and I remove the evidence from the code, but I need it in a movieclip so it can be visible/invisible on various button clicks.

any ideas what sort of basic error im making?
AQ  Post #: 334
3/5/2009 17:58:33   
EragonZZZZ

quote:

n00b eragon, I recommended that book a year ago lol

It's not a contest...

Oh wait, my bad. Yes it is.

>:3

(finally got started with AS3, FlashDevelop + Flex 3 SDK + Flash 10 Debug Player = Free AS3!)
AQ  Post #: 335
3/9/2009 17:20:23   
tauguy

*cough*Anyone out there?*cough*

quote:

Ok, im trying to do a temp. inventory, and im using this code as the function:

currentslotnum = 1;
_root.evidence._visible = false;
function addToslot (item) {
if (!item.found) {
item._x = eval ("_root.evidence.itemSlot" + currentslotnum)._x;
item._y = eval ("_root.evidence.itemSlot" + currentslotnum)._y;
item.found = true;
currentslotnum++;
}
}

evidence is a movieclip which contains a load of inventory slots

when you click on something this function is supposed to happen to it ^^^
it works if the slot is in the root. timeline and I remove the evidence from the code, but I need it in a movieclip so it can be visible/invisible on various button clicks.

any ideas what sort of basic error im making?/quote]

AQ  Post #: 336
3/14/2009 12:21:59   
flsg

eragon you just freaking gimme ur msn right nao or else...
tauguy: not sure what you're trying to accomplish butI think I have a basic idea
you wanted to loop that code right
because the code stops working after once
so add a for loop and increase currentslotnum in that

hope that helps
*disappears again*
AQ  Post #: 337
3/15/2009 5:49:31   
tauguy

no but i'll show you...

http://megaswf.com/view/de077af5c74ab146f9bc71313c853033.html

first frame demonstrates it with the code i showed you earlier
second frame demonstrates it with the 'evidence' part missed out of that code, and an inventory slot in the main timeline not in the evidence movieclip
right click and forward to see second frame, click the red thing in both frames and theoretically (though not in practice) it should go into an inventory slot.
AQ  Post #: 338
3/15/2009 12:06:40   
~JW~

Well, I Got Flash MX. Can Someone Help Me. I Clicked General The First Time It Came Up. i Cant Change It now. Anyone Know How To? How Do I Animate In It?
Post #: 339
3/15/2009 17:10:25   
tauguy

i dont know what you mean by general, but animating is easy. you should notice a time line at the top. basically, in the first frame draw what you want the first thing to look like, then right click the frame you want the change to happen on. select convert to keyframe. then if you want a smoothe tranwition between the two frames, right click the solid box on the time line that should have just appeared and select motion tween. hit ctrl and enter and it should play for you. that is all very basic, for better help use google or newgrounds.com - flash portal - learn flash
AQ  Post #: 340
3/17/2009 17:25:10   
Vampire and Human

Hi, I have a question (Or else I wouldn't be here, lol). I usually make my drawings in Photoshop now, so I was wondering if (when I trace them (since they're bitmaps)) there is a way to get rid of the outline surrounding the drawing, after tracing. Is there something that stops that, or do I just have to delete it all manually...?..
AQ  Post #: 341
3/25/2009 18:32:16   
golden rod

hey i've got a question. so i'm praciticing my action script. i made a button. when i click on it, it is supposed to take me back to frame one. the problem is when i run the program when it gets to the frame with the button it instantly returns me to frame 1. i can't even click on it. my button's code is
on(release){gotoAndPlay(1);}
DF MQ  Post #: 342
3/25/2009 18:46:55   
The Illusive Man

Are you sure that it's a button, not a MovieClip or a Graphic? In the library, is it definitely a button object?

Are you sure that the actionscript is in the button actions, not the frame actions?

Just simple things, but that code is flawless, it's not a coding bug.

However, if you want it to return to frame one AND STAY THERE, it's gotoAndStop(frame);

-Al
Post #: 343
3/25/2009 18:52:17   
golden rod

well on frame one i already have code for it to stop. and yes it is a button. when i run it the program get's to that frame, i see the button, but then it instantly returns to frame 1.
DF MQ  Post #: 344
3/25/2009 18:59:28   
The Illusive Man

What version of flash are you using?

If it's CS4, are you sure you're coding an Actionscript 2 document?

Other small things...
Post #: 345
3/25/2009 19:03:27   
golden rod

i'm using a portable version of flash professional 8.
DF MQ  Post #: 346
3/25/2009 19:06:13   
The Illusive Man

I really don't know then...

Wait, I think I might have it!

Is this button in the last frame of the movie?

If so, I think you may have forgotten a stop(); action in that frame, or made a typo or something
Post #: 347
3/25/2009 19:07:26   
golden rod

yes it is in the last frame.

i'll try that

edit: it worked!!! thanks.

< Message edited by golden rod -- 3/25/2009 19:08:28 >
DF MQ  Post #: 348
3/25/2009 19:10:02   
The Illusive Man

No problem my friend =D
Post #: 349
3/25/2009 19:27:27   
golden rod

okay one more question.

when i tried to play it outside of flash, a little flash player 6 thing comes up that is blank...blank white.
DF MQ  Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul
Page 14 of 18«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition