Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

[GIMP and PS] Speed tutorial

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> [GIMP and PS] Speed tutorial
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/13/2008 17:38:54   
ShyTrake

Hey all. Here I'll show you how to make your render look like it was just going really fast.

1. Start out with your render. Make it either running, or look like it stopped. My render looks like it just stopped. If you don't have much space in the tag, maybe try moving the render to the left side, or whatever direction it's moving in.

2. Now duplicate the layer 2 or 3 times. Now hide the top render layer (Click the eye). Then move the layer below it like 2 centimeters. And move the layer below that one 4. And the one below that 6. Kinda like this:

3. Now unhide the top render layer. Set the one below it to 50 or 40 opacity. The one below that one to 40 or 30 opacity. And the one below that one 30 or 20 opacity. And tada!! It's done! Maybe you can do some other things like blur the duplicates. Or you can lower the opacity even more.

< Message edited by Trake -- 5/16/2008 9:35:39 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
5/13/2008 18:16:01   
master

By set you mean the opacity right? Just to clarify for newer users.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
5/13/2008 18:17:54   
ShyTrake

Yup it's opacity. Just fixed it. By the way, it looks nicer if it has a background. Like I used this in this tag:

< Message edited by Trake -- 5/13/2008 18:18:37 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
5/15/2008 8:36:43   
The Virtual Reality

That's pretty trippy. Cool stuff. :)
DF MQ  Post #: 4
5/15/2008 20:33:33   
ShyTrake

Found out another koolio trick! If you make it go in a different direction (Like in my Jasmine picture, it's going diagnolish a bit), it looks nicer. I think you can do this in PS too. *Looks up trippy on dictionary.com to find it isn't a word* I'll put probably for PS too in the title.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
5/15/2008 20:37:17   
hachimangu

No need to say probably PS, it can definitely be used for PS. Without even modifying the instructions.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
5/16/2008 9:36:02   
ShyTrake

M'kay, I don't have PS. Sweet. Fixed it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
5/18/2008 10:47:42   
sofaraway

Thanks... this is sooo helpful. can't wait to try xD
AQ DF  Post #: 8
5/18/2008 13:17:17   
ShyTrake

Err....Thanks? I have a feeling you're using sarcasm.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> [GIMP and PS] Speed tutorial
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition