Legendary Miss Fixit
Login tips from Captain Rhubarb:
If you can't log into the game, where is it failing?
Can't connect to the battleon web site at all? Probably a network problem.
If you get an account not found error:
Maybe you misspelled your account name, or you are using the wrong account, or typed in your password wrong.
Try using the Manage Account link on the home page to see if you can log into that page. The 'Manage Account' page is separate from the game login. It uses your same login and password, but does not connect you to the game.
If you can log into the manage page, but not the game login, maybe the server is full?
If you get a 'Validating Login' error, and do not see a pop-up message with any details, try all of these things to see if any help:
- Clear your temporary internet files, also called web browser cache. (you all have probably heard this a zillion times, but try again.)
- Completely close out all browsers and restart your computer and try playing again.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Flash plug-in for your web browser.
- Try connecting on a different day of the week or time of day than you normally do.
- Try using a different web browser. Try Internet Explorer, FireFox and Opera if you are able to install them all.
- Scan you computer for any viruses, spyware, trojan software, or ad-ware.
- Try temporarily turning off your Anti-Virus software, Anti-Spyware, Parent Controls, Firewalls etc.
- Turn off anything else that might be interfering with your connection to the game servers. This includes any software or extra configuration that your ISP may have provided for you to speed up your net connection.
These next steps may not help you on your own computer, but will help narrow down the problem.
If you can play using your character from a different computer, then the problem is definitely specific to your own computer or internet connection.
- Try using a different computer at your home, school, library or office. A computer nearby where you usually play from.
- Try using a different computer at a friends house, or anywhere else where you know the other person uses a different ISP to connect to the Internet.
If you do log into the game, and see your character list, but loading your character fails:
It is probably something wrong with your character data or a network problem.
Try clearing your web browser cache again.
Try creating and logging into an alternate character. To see if a new character works.
Try using a different computer, or connect from a different location that's using a different ISP.
Make sure you have the latest possible version of Flash.
Note: As of 1/13/2009, the latest version of Flash is 10.0.12.36. You can check your Flash version at http://www.battleon.com/FlashVersionCheck.htm
You're not a guardian and you get taken to the server full screen.
Your friend/new account/blah is not a guardian and can login but you can't. Every new account has a five day trial period where you can log in, even when the server is full. That doesn't mean five days per CHARACTER, but per account. So if you create a new character on an existing account, you will get no guaranteed logins. it applies to new accounts only.
The server is always full, you are a free account holder and can't log in. This is simply due to the popularity of the game, and limitations as to how many servers Artix Entertainment can afford to run!
You can log in whenver you want, but cannot level past Level 50.
There are a small group of Adventurers who are limited to Level 50, but can log in whenever they want. To level beyond Level 50, they MUST buy a Guardianship.
Both Guardians and X-Guardians can play ZardWars. Adventurers cannot.
Very low level characters which are not used in more than 90 days are deleted to keep the game running smoothly.
If you log into the game and as soon as you're "in" you hit the logout button. If you re-login again, the "last played" will show a negative number.
Before posting in these threads:
1) CHECK if the bug has already been reported, if it has your "Me too!" post is unnecessary. This means that you need to check the first post in the thread AND the last few posts in the thread, which may not yet have been confirmed or added to the first post. If you are providing additional information, or a way to work around the bug, please post.
2) Do not respond with "That's not a bug" posts. AKs are welcome to edit such things in to the post though. You may however respond if you have a way to solve the bug, such posts are welcome.
3) No pictures! Links to pictures should be used instead. Also please do not use Bitmaps for the pictures. Convert it to a more space efficient type, such as JPEG or png.
4) If your bug is fixed please delete your post.
5) Make sure you're posting in the right thread.
6) Please include ALL of the information in the template in the first post! It may not seem necessary, but these little details often allow the bug to be found.
7) If your post mysteriously disappears, it was probably deleted for violating one of these rules. Rest assured that it WAS seen, and was not a necessary post.
For instructions on clearing your cache: http://www.battleon.com/help/aq-technical-cache.asp
For instructions on providing a screenshot: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=10536
To find your Flash version : http://www.battleon.com/FlashVersionCheck.htm
Please use this template when reporting:
Has this bug been reported before? Unless providing new info please do not duplicate reports.
Type of bug (Game crash/blackscreen, glitch, graphical error, typo, etc.):
Before bug occurred:
Character ID or Character Page Link:
Character Type (Adventurer, Guardian, X-Guardian):
If the character is an Adventurer, is there also a Guardian on the account?
Did you clear cache?
Did the bug happen again?
If you can't login, does a newly-created character work?
< Message edited by Captain Rhubarb -- 3/2/2011 17:05:50 >