Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

[GIMP] ~Koot Chao tag tut

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> [GIMP] ~Koot Chao tag tut
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/30/2008 18:49:21   
ShyTrake

Yay!! Mezor made a tutorial!!! Todayzor mezor will show you howzor to put zor at the end of your senenzors make this really koolio tut tag I made. Results being posted would be nice.

1. Open new canvas mine is 400x150

2. Paste on your render and duplicate the layer about 5 times

3. Merge down the render layers.

4. Go to dialogs>brushes and click vine brush. Then drop the spacing to 2.

5. Smudge 'til it covers the entire canvas. Smudge it with an obvious flow.

6. Duplicate the smudged layers til there's no transparency.

7. Merge down those smudged layers.

8. Duplicate twice.

9. Take the first duplicate and do Filters>distorts>mosaic left at defaults.

10. Then take the one above it and go to filters>noise>pick and take the two bars to the max.

11. Lower the opacity of that layer.

12. Make a new canvas.

13. Paste on a c4d.

14. Displace it with random placement. But leave the settings Cartesian and wrap.

15. Copypasta it onto the tag we're making in a new layer. then make it a bit on your render.

16. Make a new layer and make it black.

17. Use the eraser tool, but make the brush a fractal brush. Then brush all over the black over the render and a bit next to it.

18. Erase the rest with a circle or vine brush, leaving a bit of black square. Then smudge it.

(You may see a big ol' cloud. I deleted it sometime during the tutorial. Just ignore it.)

19. Then use the lithium brush, search it on DeviantART, and brush around on a new layer. Then use the rotate tool to rotate it to the flow of your tag. Set it to overlay, and make the color white.

18. Make a new layer. Put on greens gradient map and set it to overlay. Duplicate this layer. This should make it greenish color scheme.

19. Crop it of empty space (This is where the clouds disappeared).

20. Make another new layer and use the sparks brush. Brush it to the flow. Then go to colors>desturate. The first option, I forget what it's called. Light or something.

21. Set that layer mode to dodge.

22. Add a light source (And light on the render if it didn't happen sometime during the tut), text, and a border. Wala! Done!

< Message edited by ShyTrake -- 5/30/2008 21:05:18 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
5/30/2008 19:43:30   
Bone_funny

noce koot toot!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
5/30/2008 20:22:34   
ShyTrake

I know, it is a nice koot tut! Thanks. Try it know or else D:<
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
5/30/2008 20:50:17   
*Ben*

I heart that render! Link please? I was gonna try it with Kirby but.....that wouldn't work.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
5/30/2008 20:52:45   
ShyTrake

You can find it right here. I <3 Chaos. Dey are so koot, one of the two reasons I play sonic video games.

Oh and by the way, Daekglod just told me that he thinks this is my best tag. Yay me

< Message edited by ShyTrake -- 5/30/2008 20:57:15 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
5/30/2008 22:09:13   
*Ben*

Quick question. When you duplicate the render layer 5 times and you right click it, do you merge down individually? Or do you do it all at once? I keep getting confused.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
5/30/2008 23:03:46   
ShyTrake

Make each render spaced out. Then merge down the top layer with the layer under it. Then merge down that one. You get it?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
5/30/2008 23:12:32   
*Ben*

Yep I'll get right on it....again.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
5/30/2008 23:34:12   
ShyTrake

I'll try to add more pics. My comp shut down on me and I can't undo and redo and save it. So it might take a while.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
5/31/2008 12:21:44   
jiggibidy

This is what happened when I followed your tut:

Don'tcha just hate tyranny?
Take a proverbial dookie all over the little guy.
Trying to scare the small fish, dipping its toe in the bigger pond.
Tyranny is everywhere, sometimes closer than you might think.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
5/31/2008 12:30:45   
ShyTrake

It looks awesome, but you should erase a little bit over the focal. And maybe better placed the c4d. Thanks for trying

< Message edited by ShyTrake -- 5/31/2008 16:14:24 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> [GIMP] ~Koot Chao tag tut
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition