Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ Nostalgia Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ Nostalgia Thread
Page 16 of 17«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/15/2012 22:51:52   
Flaafy222

@^ I remember spending hours getting Credits on the Labrynth. I found a way to avoid fighting anything, so I did it over and over again. :D Those were the days. Now I just one shot everything with Doublebarrel :( Not nearly as awesome.
Post #: 376
5/15/2012 23:59:17   
Kaiofsouls20

I remember how the Smokey Flame Thrower was a godly weapon back then...
MQ AQW  Post #: 377
5/16/2012 13:54:14   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Ah good old testing, trying hard to reach the level cap on a small ship, good old days.
quote:

It wasn't nearly as bad as trying to best the staff characters, though - they could potentially end you in one turn! Then, THEY were doozies. Dropship ESPECIALLY so.

I had good times trying to beat the staff characters, back then they were pretty much unbeatable; supposedly some people beat them but I still find that hard to believe.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 5/16/2012 13:56:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 378
5/18/2012 17:20:35   
Cataclysm
The fanciest of moustaches

Well, I remember beating all of them, and most before the Dropship landed, but I don't quite recollect when I beat all of them, but I certainly did. I may have screencaps somewhere floating about on the Internet... I'll try to find them later.

How about that Hammerhead? Whoo... I remember that thing being the tops. My original character still has one, and he has the original NG Candy Elf mech, too - at the time, the absolute best.

Edit: Can't find any screencaps. Oh well.

Edit2: This was a thread that existed? I did a forums search for anything like this and nothing came up... Odd.

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 5/18/2012 18:04:19 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 379
5/19/2012 14:05:20   
LeoMart

I remember the days when the only thing i craved for was becoming SC..
Am i supposed to say good times ?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 380
5/20/2012 2:37:25   
BumFoolingGuy

I was almost close to getting the Westion chapter 2 preview synergy Behemoth arms before my break from mechquest
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 381
6/28/2012 9:22:23   
Hoggs Bison

I remember my countless attempts to shoot J6, and my countless attempts to defeat him in PvP...

MQ  Post #: 382
6/28/2012 15:09:03   
NaturallyMaria
Ebil Empress

I remember when I first bought SC, I was disappointed that I missed Steve by about a week.

It took me a long time before I learned not to be disappointed.
MQ  Post #: 383
6/28/2012 15:32:52   
kim346

I remember the times when I thought MQ was bad... then turning out that I had a chance of buying the Imbiber.... DX
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 384
6/28/2012 15:39:40   
PD

I remember Energy Blades 101 before persistence bonuses when the best energy blade weapon was the soul sapper.

Good times... good times...
Post #: 385
6/28/2012 17:09:04   
Cataclysm
The fanciest of moustaches

Dear god, I spent HOURS trying to max that on my first character. It was so annoying...

Though the outcry at people being unable to beat Twang by just spamming Attack constantly was pretty funny.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 386
6/28/2012 21:53:58   
Gamemastersam

the old energy blades 101 was easy. i leveled that to max in a day. you guys are crazy. and twang was easier.

But anyway, i miss the clown mecha. i had a good model and i sold it ;.; atleast i can take confort in knowing its UP and of no use to me now.
DF MQ  Post #: 387
6/28/2012 22:15:44   
Thiefboy109
Legendary AK!!!

@Gamemastersam
Now its easy enough, but back when it was released... it was ridiculously hard to do. Plus it messes up the credits/exp ratio of lower level players, potentially crippling them in credits.

Plus clown is really really good because of it's 1 hit KO. I think that somewhere it was proven possible to take out Myracina with it's 1-hit KO. It's definitely not UP, with the 1 hit KO it's potentially OP because it can take out...well... everything given enough patience.
And it's 1-Hit KO works a little better than Loki's and Derpmachine's... it's a little less buggy.

< Message edited by Thiefboy109 -- 6/28/2012 22:16:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 388
6/28/2012 22:31:59   
Glais

Yeah DerpMachine's OHKO sucks :/ If it actually worked on the one enemy worth using an OHKO on, it wouldn't have taken me nearly as long to beat Myracirina...
Never got to test Loki.

Nostalgia:The Dragonoids ;~;
DF MQ  Post #: 389
6/29/2012 3:00:53   
Rozion

My biggest nostalgia was when mechs cost, like, 20K at level 3. Farming for so long just to get a minor HP boost and an FS slot. Hah.

Then, upgrading and buying the Floaty, and later selling it for the SDF Gen. It was always my second favourite mech (Nothing beats the Volt series.) and I never wanted to get rid of it. But then I had to sell it, to buy the candy witch thing for the Candy-Ammo so I could keep using the only useful FA I had at the time. Then, literally ten minutes after selling it Warlic posted that Tek would start selling Candy ammo and the witch was just an NG perk for ammo with no credit cost. Oh, I was so upset. I lost one of my favourite items - which was also my only perma-rare NG item - for absolutely nothing. Hey, not all nostalgia is flowers and gumdrops!

Ya know, I probably posted in this very thread years ago. Hah, such fond memories.

EDIT: Yes, I did! And almost four years to the day! Oh my, that grammar. So terrible, so disgustingly terrible! Ugh, was I really like that four years ago? I can't believe how much of an idiot past me was. But still, as I said, not all nostalgia is flowers and gumdrops.

< Message edited by Rozion -- 6/29/2012 3:07:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 390
6/29/2012 3:21:42   
LeoMart

I remember when i sold my Socker for mecha space back when i was a NSC..
A guy fooled me by saying i needed to sell my Socker to buy other mechs to be allowed on planet Yokai.
Little did i know that Planet Yokai was going through the SC preview so selling the Socker was pretty much useless.
Lol, way to lose a 1-day mecha rare
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 391
6/30/2012 0:08:00   
Gibby

Clearly I have to post a reminder of a few things here as well. If you post in this forum, you will behave respectfully to both staff and other forum members. I do not care if you are unhappy about something. You do have the right to express your opinion, but there is a right way to say this and a wrong way to say this. Be aware that I have a very low tolerance to rudeness.

Do not expect me to be so pleasant about future breaches of forum rules.
~Gibby
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 392
6/30/2012 8:37:33   
Hoggs Bison

@Gamemastersam

He was only easy if you had a fairly good blade, he's not much of a challenge now for maxed MQ players.
MQ  Post #: 393
7/5/2012 23:05:45   
forumlogin

So, due to a desire to bring my older characters up to speed, I've been forced to use the AMR again.
It is quite a humbling experience. I have even lost to the Mino-Ton (scaled 3 levels above me, to be sure, and he haxed a lot, but still amazing).
I even find it difficult to beat the Romero enemies.
DF MQ  Post #: 394
7/11/2012 19:26:56   
Eliminator50

I remember the first ShadowScythe war and the first Gears Games.

There were Warlic, Maegwyn, J6, Korin and Even Artix himself
MQ AQW  Post #: 395
7/11/2012 19:35:37   
Glais

The first ShadowScythe war oh mang. I never did beat the Boss because back then things were very expensive and I sucked at the game so up to level 10 I was using a Newbatron.

Most Nostalgic Moments:When the HammerHead was top tier (though drawn very tiny for some reason), and the Crystal Asteroid War. So epic, MQ needs something that big again.
DF MQ  Post #: 396
11/7/2014 0:12:57   
forumlogin

Today was pretty nostalgic for me. One reason for this was because I was using a new character, so I was going through quests like the Police Station, the Mecharoni, and Ghosthunting again. I also went Mega Spider and Order 66 farming, which brought up their own nostalgic memories. Looking at mecha to purchase was pretty fun, too. I remember when mecha were that cheap! Heck, I remember when low level mecha were way too expensive and I and other forumites got the staff to cut the prices in half (and apparently, while I wasn't looking, they halved some of the lower level ones another time). 100k for a level 10 mecha...now those were the days. I don't know how I managed to stick with MQ through that.

Said character had purchased the BC-AOD, and when she got to the level to use it, I was struck by how much it reminded me of the Reaper. Remember that guy? The SCMM who was supposed to be the end-all and be-all of DoT attacks? Hah, so much for that; in retrospect he was running against the tide of power creep even when he was made. The BC-AOD even has a similar stunning effect, albeit trading the Decimator-esque activation requirement for only being 1 turn and usable at any point as long as it's cooled down and you possess available energy.

A nice little highlight was purchasing another Icy Starfire for the little lady. That time I got my name in MQ, eh?

Oh, a bit more on Ghosthunting. I remember all of that. So much pain. It was a heckuva lot easier now that I know what to expect. It's real nice that they brought down the Ghost Hunter to unlock at rank 12, though. Also, pretty sure that Electra Phantom7's healing arm attack used to have 3 hits due to some bug, each hit doing 50% normal damage. It was so hard to kill at the time.

EDIT:
Reminded me of some good bad friends. The werewolf glitch, for example, where the double attacking black wolf would cause female chars to be fixed in extremely uncomfortable positions when it attacked. It was fixed before, but it has risen from the dead. There's also the extra leg on zombies, the secret Oreganator rank in Mecharoni (which appears to be locked away again), and the first-turn glow on Ghosts (though from what I've seen it doesn't seem to make them actually catchable this time, so at least that bug is only aesthetic). The Morehawk's Body NoTs have also glitched yet again to apply to you instead of the opponent.

Used the Warbear again recently. If there's one thing going for the Warbear, it's that its weak Head doesn't mean much because there are so many good Heads out there you can replace it with. Ice Crystal Storm=instant killer.

Having unlocked the use of the Anni-Volt Longche, I have to laugh at how strong some of these specials used to be. Back in the day, pulse multipliers had a much lower chance of activation, and were generally stand-alone specials because they were so darn powerful. A weapon that nerfed hit by 40, and only did that, was literally one of the best weapons in the game. An attack that increased boost by a straight 40 for several turns had to deal no damage to compensate. Weapons reduced immoresist and stunned on separate uses, instead of the same one, and had to hit to do it. Even the Healing is worse.

< Message edited by forumlogin -- 11/7/2014 5:12:20 >
DF MQ  Post #: 397
8/6/2015 0:50:16   
Roxas45

I was here from a very early time.

(old man voice)

Back in my day, the level cap was 15! And the best mechs were the House Mechs!

We barely made it back from the moon alive! And Barely started exploring new planets.....

But yes.... Using underlevelled mecha cos you couldnt afford to buy new ones for your level...
God was that annoying....
and painful to watch...

(/voice)

But good god! How the releases progressed from there! Westion parts 1 and 2! Lagos! Necryptos!
And the Halloween and Christmas releases!!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 398
8/6/2015 0:51:53   
MQmaster3009

I remember that Pirate vs. Arthurian war. That was fun, but was way too long. I got so many credits from that.
AQ MQ  Post #: 399
8/6/2015 2:19:39   
Aura Knight

When I first played the game, the scene where Worsh is singing while flying was a reference I didn't get. Now that I had watched all of Firefly, I have to say that is my favorite thing about Mechquest to this day. Recently, I tried getting back to playing the game but once again, lost interest. My favorite thing that happened in game was the westion war, the one with the bugs. Having a giant mech and needing bug spray seemed funny to me. I also loved all the gears games and to this day I regret my initial house choice. I hope someday I can be able to switch. But then again, I hardly even play the game now so what would it matter?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 15 [16] 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ Nostalgia Thread
Page 16 of 17«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition