Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= The MechQuest Nostalgia Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The MechQuest Nostalgia Thread
Page 17 of 17«<1314151617
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/6/2015 21:05:28   
GreenGuy23

I loaded up my old account from when I was about 8 or so the other day, and looked at all my amazing mechs. The things I once thought were the best items in MQ. I have the Feral Werewolf (ah, the memories of doing the police quests just to get it). Jameson Revenge I (Which I thought was the greatest mech ever because he had a cool machete), and the Newbatron AnniV3010 N-1 (From 2010!), the Golden Katana N-12 from 2011, and Riptide Fidelis, the DA Verification mech, which I farmed for a straight month to get. So many memories. I still barely even understand the game's mechanics (about to look them up) but I'm just so glad to have played the latest DF quest or I wouldn't even be playing this game right now. I'll never forget farming for the Wolfblade mech, but yet never being able to get it :( The nostalgia is SOOOO real!

< Message edited by GreenGuy23 -- 8/6/2015 21:07:30 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 401
7/17/2017 1:23:36   
Knoodlesguy

Loaded my account a month or two ago...It's saddening to see MQ wither (was bound to happen). I vividly remember working cutting grass for people on Wednesdays, brimming with excitement to get home and do the new events. Artix made my childhood awesome.
MQ AQW  Post #: 402
7/17/2017 14:50:03   
VoidCorrupts

Yeah. Truly sucks what happened to the game. I still hope for an update though, oh and a Flavescent Friday event for this year! I really hope they put in all three promo flavescent mechas (one for each Flavescent we missed since the last... asking too much?).
I am a dog without a bone. I hope something is planned for MQ's 10th Birthday because that is really my last hope
Post #: 403
7/19/2017 1:02:25   
Glais

It's always strange to me how nostalgia pulls me back to this forum no matter where life takes me.

I must've been 12 or 13 when I discovered MQ, and it quickly grew into an obsession of mine. I've always adored the art and combat, and had many fun moments with it. Most memorable would be my experience with Necryptos, which took me 2 years to clear as I was stubborn and wouldn't buy the Vampire Hunter. It made me spend so much more time learning the game, and I'm not sure if any victories in games have felt as earned as killing those Vampires.

But there's more than that, the first Dragonoid Asteroid War, the golden age of SCMMs, there was so much potential and I've always been a little saddened to see the game die out. It's still nice to log back in for a couple of minutes and fight a few enemies, but I know that my original experience can't ever be regained.

That's life I guess, but I'll always have the memories.

DF MQ  Post #: 404
7/19/2017 14:18:49   
VoidCorrupts

Haha, same here. I was too underleveled to even buy the Vampire Hunter so I decided to try to do the entire planet armed with nothing more than a underleveled secret sauce mecharoni. I even had to visit Yokai every time I logged in to get the Ninja blade because I couldn't afford a decent energy blade! After days of trail and error I finally managed to get past the Jungle Cruise (because I was no where prepared, nor could prepare for the mechskeedo, so instead I kept trying again till I got a cruise without any at all!). Ultimately though, I couldn't get past Akana due to her always killing Mecharoni in 3 turns so eventually (to my disappointment) I had to come back later when I could get that stupid essential Vampire Trapper, which sucked so bad
Even with the Vampire Trapper the vampires were still REALLY strong. Funny thing is, when I got to the final boss I completely forgot to keep each shard... so I had to fight every vampire lord again

I am just glad I never have to use the Vampire Hunter ever again. The rewards for completing the planet were... meh at best... the best reward by far was the Valdic Knight (Mechula forced me to become a vampire, and I ain't fond of randomly getting one shot'ed by Vampire Hunter scum in Assault Mecha so I sold it after the first and only occasion that happened).
Post #: 405
7/20/2017 5:44:39   
Rorshach

The Question
(AdventureQuest)

It was a grind, still is a grind. But overall the SCMMs were what made me keep on playing to keep credits high for the new mechs to come. It was a good idea to scrap the rare after rares that MQ kept producing. It in itself, became like some sort of museum game where it's all about collecting rares.

Eventually of course, as much as we all tried, the game fell out due to, I think, lack of variety. It was built from simple and humble beginnings, but that soon ran out after a certain level, as things became a grind, and not much was improving - mostly due to huge lack of developers.

But it has a great potential to be on par with DF and AQ.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 406
7/20/2017 7:40:42   
Kaizoku

I had my fun run with MQ as well, albeit I never got too into it. The highpoints were easily the various jobs in Soluna City in its early stages (delivering pizza on a mecha?), GEARS games, energy blade fighting release and the first war with the SDF mechas. I mostly quit because it was such a huge grind to buy a new mech, and I get tired of using the same thing all the time really easily.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 407
7/20/2017 11:51:33   
VoidCorrupts

The grind I never found a huge problem. I always went to Yokai to fight the Supreme Master (because during and after the fight your mecha was scaled to your level!). It saved me loads of grinding for buying unnecessary upgrades and allowed me to buy the mechas I wanted. Though... all the cool mechas are now forever rare (or seasonal rare with at this point are still permanently rare till an update fixes that). I still to this day after 7 years of playing never understood the reason for such rares to exist or the reason behind the policy (because upgrade now or forever lose out?). I don't know...
Post #: 408
7/20/2017 23:13:58   
Plank

Reading through some of these posts makes me feel both happy and sad - happy because I also shared many of these experiences and sad because of MechQuest's current state.

My oldest memory of MechQuest is dying of laughter with my older brother when we would constantly make our character fly out of the starship in the introduction, and the messages that popped up would keep getting ruder and eventually you have to wear a helmet. The introduction was so much fun and it's what got both of us hooked into the game, though I was always more passionate about it than he was from the start and still am to this day. MechQuest will always be my favorite.

I also have another memory that I'll never forget, and I have no idea why. I think it was the very first Mogloween event, and I was with other kids upstairs in our church as a part of a church program or something, and there was a computer in the corner of the room and the other kids were playing games so when I got on the computer I went on Mechquest and showed everyone the Mogloween event and the Frankenstein mecha. I don't remember if they were impressed or not but I remember how excited I was to share Mechquest with other people, even if they didn't like it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 409
7/25/2017 15:20:12   
Aura Knight

I played this game for a short while yesterday and I realize I still liked it. The mech designs are amazing and it's such a shame to know this game won't be getting any new updates. I might play today also for a while.

And yesterday was when I realized why Planet Romero was named that. Bit unfortunate I had to understand this after George Romero died but I suppose having the planet in game is a nice tribute to him. Even if it wasn't intentional.

I wonder if there are any other references that I never understood in game. Should be fun going through places and finding new things. Details are important and I should probably pay more attention to them.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 410
10/5/2017 12:58:55   
Dragon.
UCaG Contest Winner Feb 09

http://www.mechquest.com/mq-chardetail.asp?id=4624

I remember staying up until 4am on the day of release to get the lowest possible number and desired username! The hype in those days was unreal...took a few guesses but I finally remembered my old ID, a star captain founder :,)
Post #: 411
10/7/2017 18:26:31   
crash98

Out of nostalgia or not I recently began playing MechQuest again. But not with my old character. I created a new one and started playing from scratch as I had forgotten practically everything. It's quite a nice experience, the only annoying thing are the levels with 100 enemies or something but the game is overall pretty cool. Shame that they couldn't get more people to work on it else it would've been great.
DF MQ  Post #: 412
10/8/2017 16:32:07   
Zaramortar

we need some 10th anniversary mech armors in the other games hopefully added to hollows shop in AQ.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 413
2/10/2018 23:29:21   
Dan2000eve

I remember asking my mom to wake me up early on a school day so I could, within an hour, buy and create a video of the new Maypril fool's mecha. I believe I was the most subscribed mechquest youtube channel in the day, after passing (for whomever knows or remembers) iMechquest. He had his channel description as "Do you mechquest?", a phrase I reiterate in my head every single time I log back on just to do some random battles.

I switched to doing adventure quest videos after the audience for it grew much bigger there. Makes me upset, I feel like I abandoned the community, but I never stopped playing it in private.

I kind of always had an idea in my head to do a "tribute" video to mechquest since I loved, and still love, the game.

I had this song planned for it.

Visit: www.youtube.com/dan2000eve
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 414
2/11/2018 9:02:24   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I remember seeing all the Monthly Mecha and missing them as a college student. £30 a week didn't go that far! I can only remember buying 1 Maypril mech, if someone can have a gander to see if I got more please?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 415
3/26/2018 0:03:31   
Glais

^From what I see just the one, the others were the Clown, Loki, DerpMachine, and Rocker (the rock-em sock em robot).

I unfortunately passed the Jester and missed the clown but the Loki is one of the coolest and most fun mechs I've gotten to use.
DF MQ  Post #: 416
5/3/2018 13:41:49   
Giratina87

"Missing" doesn't seem to be the word to describe my MQ experience, mostly because I still play the game daily, more or less, and that's with already a max levelled character. I've been raising other characters and put them on different houses for giggles, and I still love the combat. And I have been farming BallyHoo to no end, and actually got my main character a NG Seppy through persistence alone.

The game feels more like it's locked in time. Some things still do run, but nothing seems to move. I can still build my mech the way I want it, just that it's with whatever's already at the game and nothing more to expect in the future. And the events never go away, so I am kept wondering what would be the outcomes of the quest if "time" hadn't frozen. It was the anticipation of something new, good or bad, that kept me enthused in the game. Now the feeling that stays is like when there was no news of pending release: yearning.

And this seems like an empty fantasy, but I imagine at some point that perhaps when the time "plays" again, there might be a quest where our beloved mecha pilot can actually spend his credits on finishing his studies, using all the farmed creds to good use, to graduate and even have some souvenirs from the House Leader.

I'm still hopeful that the gears of time move eventually, as if the cogs simply had something stuck in it and simply needed to be removed to have a smooth flow again.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 417
5/12/2018 6:25:49   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

~original: @Giratina
And I have been farming BallyHoo to no end, and actually got my main character a NG Seppy through persistence alone.

I started doing that, though I took a break for a while, because I didn't feel that farming MQ was a particularly productive thing to do. So now I gold farm on MQ while I XP farm on Dragonfable. It's not really any better, but at least the time I could save earning money and buying the stuff directly couldn't be spent on leveling up... 230 NGs so far.

My favourite aspects of the game weren't even the gameplay, really, just the immersion. The individual gears houses, and belonging to only one (Mystraven, with its focus on individuality, still really appeals to me, even after almost a decade. I chose my house wisely, it seems). The art was mostly really clean, I loved the technological theme, and the GUI was (and still is) to die for.

I really hope a sequel, if it comes, really encapsulates on the good aspects of MQ (the immersion, exploration, and preferably a more cohesive story). Still, with AQ3D the way it is, that seems unlikely.
Post #: 418
5/19/2018 8:16:14   
Giratina87

^ I've got no problem with gold (except for one of the characters, which is new), and I still regret not buying a Derpmachine (it has a NSC version if I remember correctly). I agree with the interface; had my PC been able to show the game in glorious best graphics without slowing, I'd have it always.

As of time of writing, my main is almost able to buy a second Seppy, and my secondary char can almost buy a Seppy.

As for the houses, My main is Raven, second is Wolf and last is Hawk. It's funny how whenever I switch sides, the side I'm on always loses the Gears Games.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 419
5/31/2018 6:17:25   
Timsii

Ahh, how I loved the mecha pizza deliveries... So funny, it actually made repping up kinda fun
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 420
6/1/2019 10:37:46   
erald06

Is there any new contents? I was surprised that Facebook suddenly had an update about NGs promotion.

Post #: 421
6/3/2019 21:10:47   
VoidCorrupts

^
Nope. Hopefully we get at very least a new ingame shop to spend these discounted gems on later this month... but I doubt it.
Post #: 422
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The MechQuest Nostalgia Thread
Page 17 of 17«<1314151617
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition