Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)
Page 12 of 22«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/16/2008 18:47:11   
TormentedDragon

then you'll be able to post the day after tomorrow. the dropoffs DO last for two weeks.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 276
7/16/2008 18:47:44   
Nightly

I know :P Just wanna get off to a good start
Post #: 277
7/16/2008 22:49:32   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Spectator Thread will be posted AFTER this round of approvals and the Arena Assignments are made. This may mean not until tomorrow.

Approvals list since last update:

Page 8
Almond => Approved. Don't make me regret that, Xforce.

Page 9
There are no bios on Page 9.

Page 10
Vi'in Gajel => Approved.

Page 11
Remus Uresti => Approved. Nice to see you alive, posting, and for once a bio that isn't caring about trying to hold every secret tight to the chest.
Djaak Hiirst => Approved. Good to have ya, Beebote.
Cale Mercer => Approved. There's godmode potential in a Sandman-esque character, but I'm taking your RP Tutor status to assume you know enough to keep it proper.
Karddicj => Approved.
Seyrinth Mountlock => Approved.
James C. Gardineir => Approved.
AQ  Post #: 278
7/16/2008 22:53:33   
dragon

Thanks for the hard work Ronin, I'm sure you've been busy lately, so its greatly appreciated!
Post #: 279
7/16/2008 23:24:09   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

AND WE HAVE ASSIGNMENTS, FOLKS:

Fountain:
Almond as played by Xforce
Seyrinth Mountlock as played by Ryu Viranesh
Saint Michael the Archangel as played by Flame Master Axel
Karddicj as played by xaxtoo
Rotch Tai as played by omf
Snur as played by DWeird
Vi'in Gajel as played by dragon
Jake Smith as played by deltora94928
Bolbi Derevain as played by .Discipline

Cellar:
Remus Uresti as played by Varin
Slash as played by Kellehendros
Graceella as played by demonhunter
Flare Talikaran as played by Silverswordmaster
Eriphael Dazan as played by Muse
Auron as played by Shadowslash
James C. Gardineir as played by cmgaugler
Frost as played by Ralor

Sky:
Cryoface as played by qbsuperstar03
Kyle Ripraven as played by OcarinaofTime
Justin Krehdibl as played by Sate
Djaak Hiirst as played by Beebote
Havoc as played by kenzoku
Alexander Killraven as played by AryaMechKnight
Tryx 'the Booterang' as played by Mittoo
Sabadhai Gelam as played by Cheeseliker

Spike:
Roch the Crusher as played by Guardian of Nekops
Nightly as played by Nightly
Enya of the Frozen Plateau as played by damselindigital
Torrelle "The Maelstrom" as played by The Dragon Knight
Jon Garbiel as played by Geddesmck
Salvador Rattigan as played by Lord Memphis
That Guy Guts as played by RATIONALPARANOIA
Cale Mercer as played by N3344
EDIT: Selah Sussura as played by TormentedDragon (Don't ask me how that got sheered off the Copy and Paste.)

I'll be updating the first post momentarily, BUT, before I do I need to share the new 'trick' to Fountain that was alluded to in the post...Fountain's secondary 'trap' of sorts is an hallucinogenic effect if one remains prone on the stone portions for any respectable length of time. 5-10 seconds ICly. A false memory effect pertaining to death, stemming from past, present, future, or alternate realities at the RPer's whim. I don't really care to force a particular choice in that regard, but don't try and set up a prophetic issue for next year that way. It doesn't necessarily mean your own death, just a vision/memory pertaining to death. Examples taken from IRC are below for reference. It is a magical scent trigger, so anything that continues to smell and/or taste is susceptible. Beyond lack of smell/taste, such as being Undead (the irony of assignments strikes me suddenly), there are no immunities.

<TormentedDragon> which may or may not include a vision of a hooded skeleton with a scythe.
<TaloToken> Or all that water turned to blood, plants withering and twisting, branches blackened to nothing...

Also, since someone poked me about it, it would do well to post a reminder of the transmutation effect at the top-most fountain. Water sprays into the sky from the fountain and before it hits its apex it changes into magma. Before it reaches the pool of the fountain, say about three feet in the air, it turns into mud, and before it reaches the bottom of the pool it is water again. This effect is JUST on the top fountain, so do keep that in mind that the rest are just water.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 7/17/2008 9:11:14 >
AQ  Post #: 280
7/16/2008 23:57:27   
demonhunter

So, I'm back in Cellar, eh? Fun. Won't post just yet... Busy configuring some new hardware I just bought (hooray for leave pay-outs!).

I look forward to burning everyone else to a crisp.
AQ DF  Post #: 281
7/17/2008 0:03:51   
The Dragon Knight

TD and me in the same arena. I'm actually glad I'm not in Fountain, now. This is going to be one heck of a ride. I'm working on my intro post, but this one may take a while to smooth out. I may not actually post till a few people have already intro-ed their characters.
AQ  Post #: 282
7/17/2008 0:09:16   
OcarinaofTime

Posted in the sky. Didn't want to come off too strong. Waiting to see how my adversaries begin before I get any more detailed.
Post #: 283
7/17/2008 0:12:15   
Geddesmck

Spike? Darn. I was hoping for Fountain or Cellar. Half my attacks are now useless.

Just have to stab people instead.

At least it's not Sky.

EDIT:
Wait, three Earth elementals in one arena? The one without any earth!? *watches chances slowly slide down the drain*

Well, I actually planned for the Spike arena a little, but I'm still worried.

< Message edited by Geddesmck -- 7/17/2008 0:20:39 >
AQ DF  Post #: 284
7/17/2008 0:17:57   
Ralor

Well now that the assignments are out how about I color code it so that you can view the distribution of elements in your arena.

Also Ronin, you forgot to mention were TD is. I didn't find that he was missing till I had started doing this. Everyone else is accounted for though.

The colors are as follows:
Light
Ice
Water
Earth
Darkness
Fire
Energy
Wind

Fountain

Number of contestants:9

Almond as played by Xforce
Seyrinth Mountlock as played by Ryu Viranesh
Saint Michael the Archangel as played by Flame Master Axel
Karddicj as played by xaxtoo
Rotch Tai as played by omf
Snur as played by DWeird
Vi'in Gajel as played by dragon
Jake Smith as played by deltora94928
Bolbi Derevain as played by .Discipline

Cellar

Number of contestants:8

Remus Uresti as played by Varin
Slash as played by Kellehendros
Graceella as played by demonhunter
Flare Talikaran as played by Silverswordmaster
Eriphael Dazan as played by Muse
Auron as played by Shadowslash
James C. Gardineir as played by cmgaugler
Frost as played by Ralor

Sky

Cryoface as played by qbsuperstar03
Kyle Ripraven as played by OcarinaofTime
Justin Krehdibl as played by Sate
Djaak Hiirst as played by Beebote
Havoc as played by kenzoku
Alexander Killraven as played by AryaMechKnight
Tryx 'the Booterang' as played by Mittoo
Sabadhai Gelam as played by Cheeseliker

Spike:

Roch the Crusher as played by Guardian of Nekops
Nightly as played by Nightly
Enya of the Frozen Plateau as played by damselindigital
Torrelle "The Maelstrom" as played by The Dragon Knight
Jon Garbiel as played by Geddesmck
Salvador Rattigan as played by Lord Memphis
That Guy Guts as played by RATIONALPARANOIA
Cale Mercer as played by N3344

Well that's how the arenas are currently stacked, minus one Tormenteddragon but i suspect he belongs in one of the arenas with eight people in them.

I hope this helps someone.
AQ  Post #: 285
7/17/2008 0:31:51   
DWeird

How about you colour-code it in way that allows intuitive viewing? Yellow for light, orange for energy, etc.

I'm likely to post on saturday/sunday.

Hope enough of you bags of flesh get there by that time for there to be something for me to *do*... *evil cackle and whatnot*
Post #: 286
7/17/2008 0:43:05   
TormentedDragon

Because the normal yellow that is used for light is nigh unreadable.

But dark green and black are TOO close to each other, and thus hard to distinguish.

light
dark
earth
wind
fire
ice
water
energy

I like these. With these codes:
light: EECC00
dark: none
earth: 336633
wind: 666666
fire: CC0000
ice: 6699FF
water: 330099
energy: EEBB66

< Message edited by TormentedDragon -- 7/17/2008 0:55:42 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 287
7/17/2008 0:52:43   
The Dragon Knight

Well, Gedd, you and I are in the same arena. This should be interesting. Good luck, and I mean that, but I won't be showing you any mercy. ;-) (now watch me get pounded by five characters at once)
AQ  Post #: 288
7/17/2008 1:42:26   
demonhunter

Alright, my post is up. In case you were wondering, yes, Graceella was trained by the same person who trained Lisa Hunter, last year's Light champion. Her use of the sword instead of staff comes from her early training under a different, now dead, master.
AQ DF  Post #: 289
7/17/2008 3:23:34   
OcarinaofTime

As long as nobody steals my color...

Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed there's no other pyros in my group, but, I guess I'll have more reason to not just focus on the same person, in addition to IC reasons, that is.

< Message edited by OcarinaofTime -- 7/17/2008 3:24:28 >
Post #: 290
7/17/2008 4:33:53   
Mittoo

I think I'm going to need a picture so I can properly visualise the Arena before I post - I don't want to cock anything up in something as important as this.
AQ  Post #: 291
7/17/2008 6:03:44   
Varin

First post up for me in Cellar.

The hay is going to take quite a while to be "useful". The smoke is starting from the middleish of the arena, near the south west pillar. (Think Last year Ronin said that the door into the arena was in the south.) Remus is kind of holding tight to that pillar, both to protect his creation and also as cover. He will be on north side of the pillar, though, anyone who watched him enter will know right where he is, it at least affords him visual cover from the door on line of sight. Mirrors, on the other hand...

Good luck everyone! May we all enjoy this year immensely.

Edit: I give it about 5 days before the smoke becomes anything decent, 8 before it obstructs view partially, 10 before "good luck seeing". This is to simulate the time it would take to catch and fill the room with smoke.

< Message edited by Varin -- 7/17/2008 6:23:26 >
Post #: 292
7/17/2008 9:03:47   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Hm, Cellar, interesting. Should be easy to take advantage of Slash's small size there. I'm almost surprised I didn't get Fountain, I've been in that every year since the format change.

Post soon.

Edit: Post up. Phear the cat.

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 7/17/2008 9:48:31 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 293
7/17/2008 10:32:45   
TormentedDragon

RAWR! And now you all get to see what she looks like.

*Ahem*
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 294
7/17/2008 10:51:29   
deltora94928

Whopee, fountain. This should be interesting. At least i don't have to go toe to toe with Kell. Poor poor ShadowSlash, good luck fighting our old tutor!
AQ  Post #: 295
7/17/2008 11:36:49   
The Dragon Knight

Posted. Not the quality I was aiming for, but that should improve as the combat progresses. And no, they won't all be that long. :-P
AQ  Post #: 296
7/17/2008 11:37:28   
Thecius Landera

I think I'm gonna sit this year out. One I've already missed the regular deadline and two I don't think my activity will improve enough for the next two weeks to give a good show. Good luck to all.
AQ DF  Post #: 297
7/17/2008 11:46:52   
Geddesmck

Seems to be quite a civil crowd in the Spike arena this year. I shall be posting presently.

Good luck to you too TDK, good luck to everyone. This should be fun.
AQ DF  Post #: 298
7/17/2008 11:50:15   
Silverswordmaster

Excellent! The mirrors in the arena should be GREAT for funny commontary and plenty of intresting ways to use fire attacks. -Grins- And I'm fighting Kell's Cat! ... -Snikers- Heh, Hell's Cat...

In any case, good luck to everyone! IT'S ZOM... I mean GAME TIME!
MQ  Post #: 299
7/17/2008 12:08:07   
Muse

Holy Hannah, you people are quick.

...Cellar again? Darn. Well, good luck to all. Happy hunting.
AQ  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)
Page 12 of 22«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition