Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)
Page 14 of 22«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/17/2008 22:34:43   
N3344

Woah, woah, woah, we cant be double teaming here. I think that Cale will need to get into a little bit of this action...
AQ DF  Post #: 326
7/17/2008 22:36:00   
Geddesmck

Help you fight TD?

Err... Jon is reading... I can't.

I think I understand TD's whole 'techniqually can't die' thing here. I believe any fatal wound on Selah would simply cause her to become water again and then reform. Am I correct in this assumption, because if I am new tactics will be needed.

For now though Nightly, I suggest getting out of the way because I'm waiting on some information before I can post again.

Interesting that for two years I have been in the initially most active arena.

EDIT:

To above. Jon actually agreed IC to help save Nightly's life should he need to. However, he never agreed to fight by his side, he actually refused to. There was a lot of teaming up in the Fountain arena last year and it is very complicated. It shouldn't really be done in my opinion unless you have no other choice.

Second EDIT:

To below:

I am sorry. It is late (as I am in Britain it is much later than for those of you in the U.S) and I didn't check the actual post.

< Message edited by Geddesmck -- 7/17/2008 22:41:58 >
AQ DF  Post #: 327
7/17/2008 22:37:42   
TormentedDragon

Hey now, I said "very hard to kill." Not "technically can't die." Keep the record straight.

And you'd be correct in that what would be fatal to the average human (for example, stab through the chest, beheading, that kind of thing) would be entirely ineffective. The whole... devolve into water and reform thing... well... you'll see as time goes on.

In other words: "something like that."

< Message edited by TormentedDragon -- 7/17/2008 22:41:48 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 328
7/17/2008 22:48:24   
Nightly

Meh. I wish I was good friends with an ice or fire guy.... But I know some good things to do.

Of course I'm going to get out of the way. I just know if and when I do, I'm not going to be left alone
Post #: 329
7/17/2008 22:59:54   
Cheeseliker

Can we keep this thread entirely spam-free please? Not saying anyones spamming at the moment, its just this thread gets more pages fast enough without adding useless text. Please, only questions and answers, elaborations on posts, etc.

AQ  Post #: 330
7/17/2008 23:02:47   
N3344

Well, my freak has officially entered the tournament. And hes coming for Gedd and possibly TDK. Im really excited for this fight Gedd, itll be interesting to see how it plays out.
AQ DF  Post #: 331
7/17/2008 23:02:54   
Nightly

@Cheesliker, thats what I'm doing right now :P

For TD and everyone else in the Spike arena. Boreas is the Greek god of the north wind. Meaning cold air. I basically shot a blast at your character TD so you may choose to dodge it or let it hit you. In either case you will be slown down for a couple of seconds. In that time, I have completed m second part of the post.
Post #: 332
7/17/2008 23:10:09   
TormentedDragon

Nightly, the arena is made up ENTIRELY of metal, including the floor. There is no sand to be made into a sandstorm, unless you brought it with you. How do you explain the sandstorm?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 333
7/17/2008 23:10:28   
The Dragon Knight

I never did say I would be the one attacking the two of you. And how is completely ignoring me in your post being a gentleman? :P Besides, I have no intention of ganging up purposely on anybody.

Anyways, Nightly, two things: First, declaring that your blast collides with your enemy without discussing it can be considered a form of bunnying. The second item is that the Spike arena is entirely metal, so I would like you to clarify your post as to where you got the sand from for your sand storm. So far as we know, the only "dirt" in the arena is what was clinging to Jon. If you intend to use earth in the post, you may need to explain where it came from.
AQ  Post #: 334
7/17/2008 23:12:23   
Nightly

Fuzzz.... Ish will work on it...

And I did say that it doesn't it, just delay :P but I can change that too.

Edit: the sandstorm part: now its a tornado. A VERY fast tornado.

< Message edited by Nightly -- 7/17/2008 23:15:51 >
Post #: 335
7/17/2008 23:40:25   
xaxtoo

I think one would have to really strain to see the transformation, unless he is already on elevated ground. The dark patches of land does nothing except increase speed. That is all, whenever your character steps on a patch, your speed immediately increases until (s)he is off the land.
Don't ask how it happens, it just does. It wouldn't appear that the limbs move any faster, the character just become faster to anyone watching. It's about a 1.5 times increase in speed. That is all.

Good luck and good fighting all.
AQ  Post #: 336
7/18/2008 0:31:18   
The Dragon Knight

Aha! My first official challenger! Damselindigital has thrown down the gauntlet in what has proven to be, so far, an unusually civil tournament. I have already posted my IC response. Enjoy!
AQ  Post #: 337
7/18/2008 0:39:25   
damselindigital

I do hope to prove to be an enjoyable challenge, good sir. Reply may be tonight or tomorrow around 6pm at the latest.

Edit: Definitely make that tomorrow. I need to make certain I'm ready for my job interview.

< Message edited by damselindigital -- 7/18/2008 0:47:22 >
AQ  Post #: 338
7/18/2008 1:16:46   
The Dragon Knight

Well, feel free to PM or msn me if you have any questions about posting. I'll try to curb my enthusiasm until you can post.
AQ  Post #: 339
7/18/2008 2:12:26   
kenzoku

Erm... Which arena am I in? -_- There are a ton of posts to sort through and my internet is as slow as a dead mackerel all of a sudden.
AQ  Post #: 340
7/18/2008 2:47:09   
Guardian of Nekops

quote:

Sky:
Cryoface as played by qbsuperstar03
Kyle Ripraven as played by OcarinaofTime
Justin Krehdibl as played by Sate
Djaak Hiirst as played by Beebote
Havoc as played by kenzoku
Alexander Killraven as played by AryaMechKnight
Tryx 'the Booterang' as played by Mittoo
Sabadhai Gelam as played by Cheeseliker

You're in Sky.
AQ  Post #: 341
7/18/2008 6:09:04   
Varin

Those squeamish and with direct connections to PETA, look away from my post.

For anyone who may not get the gist of it, my character is calling Silversword's out.

That is all, may be scarce until Tomorrow night, maybe even Sunday night, but I will have a post up (if action in Cellar warrants it, come on people, wake up) on or by Monday Morning.
Post #: 342
7/18/2008 8:26:44   
Geddesmck

OMG Varin. That is... wow. You have scarred me for life.

In other news: I have posted.
In summary:
* Jon has lost about a quarter of his earth to Cale.
* Jon is not reading anymore.
* Jon is holding a long sword and has formally challenged Cale. He is trying to get to the right of Cale, leaving Cale between Jon and the spikes. (But it works the other way too).

In terms of where these two are, Jon was right at the back of the arena, as far from the gate as he could get. So far I don't think anyone else has gone past the central pillar, so Cale and Jon shouldn't bother anyone else too much.

Correct me if I'm wrong about anything.
AQ DF  Post #: 343
7/18/2008 8:30:44   
ShadowSlash

So um I posted finally, if anyone wants to take a few whacks at the poor wittle boy that's fine with me.

Edit: @below: lol XD effective attack.

< Message edited by ShadowSlash -- 7/18/2008 8:37:59 >
AQ  Post #: 344
7/18/2008 8:34:10   
Nightly

Meh, just so everyone knows, I'm probbly going to go screaming through the arena just to be a nuisance :P
Post #: 345
7/18/2008 10:54:18   
Cheeseliker

I will be gone for three days, so it would be unwise to challenge me at the moment. Sunday night will be the soonest I can post.
AQ  Post #: 346
7/18/2008 10:58:28   
TormentedDragon

I'd like to note that, if you're in Spike, and Selah speaks... you can hear her. And it always sounds like she's talking directly into your ear.

Oh yeah, and Nightly? She was just trying to give him a hug...

< Message edited by TormentedDragon -- 7/18/2008 11:02:29 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 347
7/18/2008 11:02:33   
.Discipline

I'm loving how your character doesn't realize they are in an arena, and yet, would have to know that it was an arena to be there, TD. I also think you have made quite a cool, if not abstract character, and I applaud you on it.

Trust ME to create a peaceful, nice character that is probably going to be brutally murdered as soon as combat starts. >X)|
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 348
7/18/2008 11:09:30   
The Dragon Knight

Actually, .Discipline, TD's character is not there by choice. Her flask was THROWN into the arena in his first post, so she has no idea where the heck she is.

Hmm, so LordMemphis has finally posted. A character that relies on chemistry to create various explosives, from what I can gather. Sounds like a perfect opponent for an alchemist, eh GoN? ;)
I'm guessing, however, that his disappointment at finding a readily available water supply has something to do with the chemical reactions involving it, either with various types of acid or reactive metals, such as sodium and potassium. Just a guess, though, and he most likely has far more creative uses for water than that.

I have to admit, though, that I'm quite excited being a water element user fighting against a fire user. I may get a chance to throw my own chemistry and physics equations into the mix.

< Message edited by The Dragon Knight -- 7/18/2008 11:28:15 >
AQ  Post #: 349
7/18/2008 11:51:58   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Um, Shadow, what exactly does the Sapphire Pendant do? I can't find a description of its effect anywhere, so its kinda hard to do much about it for my post...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)
Page 14 of 22«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition