Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)
Page 18 of 22«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/2/2008 3:49:28   
The Dragon Knight

You're absolutely right. To be perfectly honest, I had been talking about Roch with somebody while writing the post, and for some reason thought GoN had posted first, not Kell. I'm going to edit that part out.
AQ  Post #: 426
8/2/2008 6:09:30   
ShadowSlash

Congrats to all who have been chosen for the Finals.
What was I thinking anyway when I entered against TD and TDK? Great job both of you, and good luck TDK. :)
Oh yes and great job Kell, congrats and thanks for the good fight.
I had much fun this year, next year hopefully I'll know what I'm up against and will RP better.
AQ  Post #: 427
8/2/2008 10:40:21   
deltora94928

Ditto. Good job to Kell on your (at least) second year straight finals. And good luck to all who made it through. See you next year!!!

< Message edited by deltora94928 -- 8/2/2008 10:41:43 >
AQ  Post #: 428
8/2/2008 18:29:51   
Cheeseliker

Yes, you did just see a dwarf fly through the air. And he plans on swinging his battleaxe right at you Xaxtoo, after your disoriented by the balls of light, if that happens.
AQ  Post #: 429
8/2/2008 21:30:53   
The Dragon Knight

Second post is up. Just prepping for battle right now, some of it obvious, some of it hidden.
AQ  Post #: 430
8/3/2008 4:28:51   
xaxtoo

I'm hoping I can get the next post. It should be up Sunday morning. I've written most of it already.

Edit: Cheese I posted. If you have a quibble with the ball rolling past your dwarf, contact me. Btw: Going for the ball would put Sabadhai off his path of approaching Karddicj.

< Message edited by xaxtoo -- 8/3/2008 22:18:09 >
AQ  Post #: 431
8/3/2008 23:14:16   
damselindigital

3 posts were utilized for near simultaneous actions rather than trying to flesh out a single collab post. Hopefully the fact that they went up so quickly with one another isn't disagreeable with anyone. But again, it was done simply to accentuate how in tandem events occurred.
AQ  Post #: 432
8/4/2008 2:06:57   
xaxtoo

Cheese, Karddicj never heard the end of Sabadhai's threat. Wanna be friends and make up now? :p
AQ  Post #: 433
8/4/2008 13:57:30   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

I ask that Roch and Enya response posts be delayed until I have the time to post.

The only 'active' pillar defense needs a response, first.

Also, unless Ryu posts by then, I may bring in QB for Ice under certain...conditions.
AQ  Post #: 434
8/4/2008 14:28:42   
Beebote

Hah. Wind Champion runs up a tree! Film at 11.

Wait...'active pillar defense'? Why do I get the feeling Djaak will be having a bit of a wild ride in very short order?

< Message edited by Beebote -- 8/4/2008 14:30:58 >
Post #: 435
8/4/2008 15:22:48   
TormentedDragon

Take a gander at the finals from last year... specifically, Kellehendros' posts. That should give you an idea of what is coming.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 436
8/4/2008 15:49:31   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

*Shudder.* Stupid Quicksilver Golem Guardian Thingie.

Sorry it took so long for my second post. Busy weekend.

GoN, Slash's attack is making a sort of lightning bolt knife, its cutting across the Arena towards you, but is still attacked to the energy ball over Slash and to the Energy Pillar, 'cause its flashy.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 437
8/4/2008 15:55:43   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Since some people forget, and new people occasionally ask, I'll re-explain yet again in here:

The Pillar of Earth is a tree. Not an Ent, but a tree. On its own, a tree has no measures of defense. Now compare this with any other Pillar on the field. Each and every other pillar represents an immediate and direct threat of bodily harm some form. Energy and Fire are fairly lethal immediately, and easy to see why. Wind can bring you on a wild ride before tossing you high into the air or even into another pillar. Water will batter you as a waterfall, and threatens drowning. Light and Darkness both are so pure as to be damaging, and blindness is almost assured through either on top of such. Ice will freeze whatever touches it, and eventually more than just what initially contacts it (i.e. blood and limbs after initially freezing, say, a forearm).

Earth originally didn't have any such passive threat or even defense, given the form it takes its really just a solid object to throw things into and you can use an arena wall for that. True, it can regrow over damage in time, but you get the point. This changed with the advent of the Guardian, and was one of the arguing points that allowed it to stay in the first place under DW's Directorship. However, unlike a passive "you burn/electrocute/etc" effect, the guardian most physically respond. Most of the time, I allow this to be handled by the Finalists themselves. In fairness, given the planned shunt of Djaak into the Pillar, I decided to take the responsibility of animating it myself so as to be impartial rather than a semi-coordinated 3v1 on Djaak. Particularly since you ignored its presence...when Djaak likely would have run into it prior to the Pillar itself first anyway.

Not that this makes things any easier on Djaak, mind. It *is* inhumanly fast, not even harboring a human corpse as part of its form anymore. But slightly more fair all told.

EDIT: Besides, since Ryu has idled 3 days without an entrance and without any warning, and therefore was a candidate for idle-death, he has been replaced. QB has been informed of the trade-offs of being "second string". Rather than make a Culling in two days as per the original plan, its being reset to a Culling every three days, to give QB a chance of getting some posts in.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 8/4/2008 15:58:14 >
AQ  Post #: 438
8/4/2008 17:18:46   
Beebote

Wow...massive oversight on my part. I should really read more into last year's EC to make sure I don't miss any other major 'items of interest'. Meanwhile, I'll make sure the "elusive Djaak Hiirst" remains elusive, but learns his lesson in situational awareness.
Post #: 439
8/4/2008 18:05:19   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

To be fair, its come to my attention before that its not *entirely* clear just from the Finals intro post (pre-revision) that the Guardian is animate.

However, also to be fair, you should've smacked headfirst into the statue even if it *was* just a statue, soooo...yeah.

Treat it as the attack it is.

Edit: Saw the post, quite the acceptable result all in all. Just give me an approximate range from the pillar where Djaak ended up (clarification: upon landing, its obvious he's trying to move further away), if you could, Beebote.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 8/4/2008 19:21:45 >
AQ  Post #: 440
8/4/2008 19:47:42   
Beebote

I'd say he landed a good 3 to 4 bodylengths away. That's taking into consideration how far he jumped plus being thrown by the spear's passing.
Post #: 441
8/4/2008 20:06:32   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Alright then, no followup attack prior to Djaak escaping completely. I can either make a minor post about its wordless frustration & rage, and the removal of the daggers which are still there if I read your post correctly. OR, someone can sum that up as a separate portion of their post. It does not score you any brownie points, just means I don't do it myself.

If you would rather go ahead and do so, send me a PM with a draft in case I need to make any minor pointers or changes to the described actions.

...I will say this, though, that Guardian is PISSED and is likely to be more deadly than distracting if anyone else gets within the "patrol range" of the pillar.
AQ  Post #: 442
8/4/2008 21:59:53   
Guardian of Nekops

I do hope my treatment of your lightning was acceptable, Kell... let me know if it wasn't, and I shall edit.
AQ  Post #: 443
8/4/2008 23:34:55   
The Dragon Knight

Right, next post is up. Sorry if it's pretty heavy in dialogue. What's happening is there are five arrows made of water suspended in the air in a semi-circle in front of Torrelle. This semi-circle is curling around the opponent, so all five arrows would conceivably intercept in a central focal point. That focus, obviously, is the Dwarf. They are moving at the speed of a normal arrow fired from a common longbow. However, since I've given PLENTY of warning of the attack, since it's the first one and more or less a freebie, there should be no problem in dodging them partially, or even completely.
AQ  Post #: 444
8/4/2008 23:35:10   
qbsuperstar03

I'm thinking I'll have to post after Beebote, considering he's probably going to fly over to meet me.

*hums, waiting for Djaak to engage Cryoface*
AQ DF  Post #: 445
8/5/2008 14:56:13   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Post up. Lightning balls for Enya and the Dark Thingie. (Sorry, can't recall his name.)

GoN, I'm fine with what you did with the lightning. The line with end a few seconds after Enya's bola interfered with the it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 446
8/5/2008 17:41:16   
xaxtoo

How big are the lightning balls Kell? And what is the effect if they hit?

Big Edit I suppose: On Thurs and Fri of this week, I'm driving to Georgia. It's a 2 day trip, so I might not show much activity those couple of days. Though the data plan conscripted onto me by the new phone might allow me to keep in touch periodically.

< Message edited by xaxtoo -- 8/5/2008 23:19:39 >
AQ  Post #: 447
8/5/2008 19:26:32   
Cheeseliker

Well, I was part way through my post when firefox randomly quit, so yeah, I will try to finish it tonight, but might not be up till tomorrow.
AQ  Post #: 448
8/5/2008 19:27:52   
The Dragon Knight

. . . . WHY would you write a post in the browser? The save function of any word processor, even WordPad, is your friend.
AQ  Post #: 449
8/5/2008 23:18:52   
damselindigital

Kell, just letting you know so as not to slow this whole thing down, unless I hear from you before 5pm tomorrow EST, I'm going to go ahead and write up a post with my own estimate of distance. A response to xax's question in addition to my own sent via pm would be great. Thankies.
AQ  Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)
Page 18 of 22«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition