Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)
Page 19 of 22«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/6/2008 10:57:58   
qbsuperstar03

Waiting on Beebote to post his response to my curveball. If it hits, keep in mind it's about the size of a normal snowball, but as demonstrated in Sky, it has a numbing effect on the target should it hit.
AQ DF  Post #: 451
8/6/2008 13:02:49   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Xax, the lightning ball is about the size of a clenched fist. If it hits it will deliver a nice shock that would likely stun a person.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 452
8/6/2008 13:18:57   
Beebote

There you go, QB. One Jack Hiirst on the rocks.
Post #: 453
8/6/2008 19:27:09   
damselindigital

All right. More detailed explanation here because Enya just doesn't have the IC references for me to clear it up there.

Temperature AT the claim (roughly 4 feet from Slash) will rapidly climb to nearly 1,000 degrees F in a matter of minutes. (It is being fed by the heat that is turning that section of the arena into lava, after all. Even after some loss due to her magic, it's still going to be up there.) The effect will likely be felt nearly immediately but there will be time to escape before things get to dangerous levels.

Also, she can only heat that small section (think about the size of a normal sized palm). So as one gets further away, it will naturally be cooler due to air currents. At that point though, expect visual heat distortion and the formation of glass.
AQ  Post #: 454
8/6/2008 20:56:15   
qbsuperstar03

The freezing effect I'm talking about in my last post is in fact in my original character biography under his admittedly limited list of tricks.

He doesn't burn a use of Snowball by using this ability, I have to point out. It's something Snow Warriors learn to do to move over powder snow instead of having to bull through it, and sand is roughly similar in texture to snow, right? Think of the effect as similar to putting on magical snowshoes. The fact that he has to get over to Djaak will allow him a reaction post before Cryoface gets to melee range, though.

< Message edited by qbsuperstar03 -- 8/6/2008 20:57:21 >
AQ DF  Post #: 455
8/6/2008 22:46:41   
Cheeseliker

TDK, if you dodge the disks, they will disappear soon after going by you. If you use a magical shield of some sort, I'm allowing you to decide what happens when the discs collide. Have them hit and then disappear, or bounce off perhaps or even explode. I'm letting you decide.
AQ  Post #: 456
8/7/2008 0:38:59   
xaxtoo

The Swafan head is like a bad semicircle with a diameter of a foot or so.

As for the other ball, I'm not sure if it should still be spinning inside the Wind Pillar. It probably flew out from the top of the pillar is is flying through the air over the contestants heads.
AQ  Post #: 457
8/7/2008 8:29:03   
The Dragon Knight

Right, sorry for this late OOC post, but I was dead tired when I put up my IC one. Torrelle used the pressure of steam to launch himself upwards, preventing burn by cooling the top three inches of water constantly and shaping it into a disk. Sort of like plugging a geyser with a cork until it goes off, and then riding the cork.

He's landed about five feet farther back than he was at first, putting the water pillar only a handful of feet behind him. Also, just so you know, the total amount of water used for that whole action was 25 gallons. Torrelle can draw up to 40 from the pillar, and cannot draw any more until that water is destroyed. He now has another 1.5 gallons hung at his waist, and 3.5 still in the ground beneath, and he can draw another 10. The 25 he used is still in the air about him.

Also, the spear of water is shooting out of the ground in front of the Dwarf, aimed for his chest, and should have happened at the same moment that the geyser went off. Spear is a piercing weapon, but he focused more energy into it this time to give it a little more "oomph" if it hits. Do what you will, Cheese.

< Message edited by The Dragon Knight -- 8/7/2008 8:30:33 >
AQ  Post #: 458
8/7/2008 16:13:12   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Due to RL issues, the Culling Post may be delayed from the targeted time of 5 PM EST.

Not by terribly long, but you get the point.

Potentially more delaying of the post coming from thunderstorms in the area.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 8/7/2008 16:16:49 >
AQ  Post #: 459
8/7/2008 16:48:42   
damselindigital

Kell, I need to bug you again for distances. I take it Slash teleported 180 degrees around the pillar? How close is she then to the pillar itself?

Nevermind. I need to read more carefully after work. Good thing I went back to check

< Message edited by damselindigital -- 8/7/2008 16:50:49 >
AQ  Post #: 460
8/7/2008 18:21:37   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

And thus, the time for a Culling has drawn to the forefront of necessities...so first...allow me to refresh the memories of all of what a Culling entails.

A Culling is the "elimination" of a competitor from the chance for Crowning. It is not the fate of rule-breaking in the Finals, which would be a Purge of decidedly lethal results.

A Culling does NOT remove your character from the field of battle. You must still respond to attacks that were aimed your way and such prior to my OOC announcement of your Culling.

A Culling is not flamboyantly announced or displayed ICly. Your character feels or perceives it in an individual manner, but most typically in the form of Favor leaving you or a sudden epiphany of how the battle no longer holds meaningful purpose for your character.

Upon being Culled, you may either leave the Arena voluntarily on your own power through one of the gateways, allow an opponent to finish you off, or take the Spite option.

Taking the Spite option means you lose control of the fate of your character in order to make a last-ditch attempt to harass or harm a hated opponent. Any competitor still in the running has full rights to finish you off at whim upon taking the Spite option. Competitors may not, however, dismiss the attack out of hand. It is still a valid assault, even though it is highly likely to cost the character his/her life. Of interesting note...to date no one has utilized the Spite option in any EC.

Now then, it is my regrettable duty to choose a competitor and deem them the weakest of the remaining competition, and thus Cull them. This, as before, does not mean just the character but rather involves several things mostly weighted towards Roleplaying skill in a combat forum. This field in particular does not make this easy, however, it must be done or the competition would likely never reach a conclusion in any meaningful period of time.

Ergo, without further verbose running-around of the issue...Cheeseliker, you have been Culled from the competition. Sorry, bub.
AQ  Post #: 461
8/7/2008 19:56:40   
qbsuperstar03

I wonder what the default option is if they continue to remain inactive?

By the way, good fight, Cheese. There's always next year, man.
AQ DF  Post #: 462
8/7/2008 19:59:41   
The Dragon Knight

Indeed. Many of us will be joining you in the not so distant future, so buck up, chum.
AQ  Post #: 463
8/7/2008 23:24:40   
Cheeseliker

Once again, the first culled from the Finals. Ah well, good fight guys. I'll get a post up for you TDK, then decide how Sabadhai wants to go.
AQ  Post #: 464
8/7/2008 23:39:04   
Guardian of Nekops

Just remember, first culled from the Finals makes you eighth out of 36. Nothing to sneeze at.
AQ  Post #: 465
8/8/2008 17:56:27   
Cheeseliker

Posted.
AQ  Post #: 466
8/8/2008 19:07:24   
The Dragon Knight

Posted. Cheeseliker has chosen to make use of the Spite option and launch a final attack on my character, thereby forfeiting his character's life. I have written and posted the Death of Sabadhai Gelam. I hope it's a worthy death and to your liking, Cheese. It was a good fight.
AQ  Post #: 467
8/8/2008 22:02:47   
damselindigital

Okay. I revoke my striking of the question. WHERE is Slash? 10 feet from the pillar, okay. But if she went to the 'other side,' which I assumed was a 180 degree turn around it, how then could her view of the construct ONLY be blocked by the appearance of xax? After all, the pillar is made of steel, so I wouldn't expect her to see through it. And if she's not on the opposite side, how then is xax in fact able to block her view?

If xax was between the arena wall and Slash (now the construct) does that mean in the end mean that she only went about 45 degrees towards the spectators and the arc of connecting lightning is arcing really close to xax? So that if he walked two steps to his right he'd run into it?

Sorry to be picky but positioning at this point is really important so I can make a reasonable response post.

Sorry, didn't feel right waiting any longer. Has been about 3 days since my last post and while the delay was announced, I'd rather not have it continue in wait for an answer. The second situation seemed most logical to me, so I placed the real Slash there (about a 45 degree move to the left). I apologize if that's incorrect but... Yeah. As I said, I didn't want to wait longer. Hope this is fine.

< Message edited by damselindigital -- 8/9/2008 20:07:41 >
AQ  Post #: 468
8/9/2008 15:28:58   
Cheeseliker

The death was to my liking TDK. Thank you.
AQ  Post #: 469
8/9/2008 19:45:31   
qbsuperstar03

Argh...where's Beebote when you need him? He was active enough in the Dropoffs, I guess, but...damn him and his inactivity. Next Culling is Sunday, I believe.
AQ DF  Post #: 470
8/9/2008 20:11:29   
The Dragon Knight

Have patience, qb. He's not nearly as inactive as you might think. You have the same problem I tend to have; posting so shortly after your opponent that it feels like forever before they get another one up. Believe me, I know the frustration.

Brilliant move, Damsel. Using the pouch to collect sand and then sending it spinning to create a dust cloud is an excellent use of the terrain. Very well done.
AQ  Post #: 471
8/9/2008 20:49:51   
qbsuperstar03

I suppose you are right, TDK. This isn't a chat room. I shall be patient.

One question for Damsel, though...would the dust cloud from her move affect any other competitors?
AQ DF  Post #: 472
8/9/2008 20:51:29   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Kell needs to get on. As it is, he has to deal with interpretations, as otherwise Damsel was assuming Idle threat.

Did someone forget to inform me that this weekend was *going* to be slow? Not alot of new material to go on for the next Culling at this rate...and I was expecting some, hopefully to fully verify my prior decision as the entirely proper one. It was close, now don't make me feel as if I leaned the wrong way, darnit! ><

Edit: *Regarding* Idle Threat...when the 3 days for a competitor are up, do NOT assume immediately that you may perform an Idle Kill. Check with me first, just in case, as 100% of relevant information does not always make it to the OOC, but does get to me through other means in a pinch. In this case, it was known that Damsel was awaiting clarification for as long as possible before having that threat exist.

Call it a courtesy to check with the 'bossman'. =P

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 8/9/2008 20:54:31 >
AQ  Post #: 473
8/9/2008 20:52:13   
damselindigital

Only those in the immediate area. It's not a magical maneuver, so you people on the other end of the arena should be fine. Roch might have to deal with it, charging in, but xax was far enough away even dealing with the 'clone construct' to not be affected. So I'd say... Slash and maybe Roch. No more.
AQ  Post #: 474
8/9/2008 20:59:24   
The Dragon Knight

I've actually noticed that weekends tend to be slower than the week itself. May have something to do with people not working on the weekends and wanting to do something outdoors, maybe. I dunno.

I was going to wait for GoN and Kell to post again, but I think I'll start on a new one now and focus on Kard, that way I can act without relying on either Roch or Slash. If Kell, at least, hasn't posted by the time I'm finished, I'll go ahead and post it as is.
AQ  Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)
Page 19 of 22«<1718192021>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition