Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)
Page 20 of 22«<1819202122>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/10/2008 15:14:43   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

I have seen hide nor hair of Kellehendros since his post. He has not been logged in at all since said post. I have not heard word through any other means regarding his status.

I hate to say it, but he satisfies every definition of Idle possible. Idle Threat confirmed. Idle Kill allowed.

An Idle Kill replaces the need for a Culling. Those who might be on that chopping block had better be happy and get to it in earnest.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 8/10/2008 15:16:27 >
AQ  Post #: 476
8/10/2008 16:26:24   
Guardian of Nekops

And regrettably, Slash is out of the fight.

I leave her alive at the end of my post so that she does not necessarily die on Arena Sands.

Good luck in that regard, Kellehedros. You'll need it.
AQ  Post #: 477
8/10/2008 21:26:49   
damselindigital

Note: Enya's perception of the fighters 'by' the fire pillar is in truth likely around the water pillar instead. I'll let qb and Bee determine exact location for sure as is their right. What can I say? The gal's possessive and tends to have really skewed perceptions of what's going on. :P

< Message edited by damselindigital -- 8/10/2008 21:28:04 >
AQ  Post #: 478
8/10/2008 23:57:29   
xaxtoo

The fall was from maybe 20 ft up give or take a few feet. The sand softened his landing if you guys will accept it. Also he landed close to where the ball was originally going to land, approximately between light and earth pillars, on the side of the octagon closer to the middle of the arena. Still a bit away from it though.

The ball should hit pretty soon. From the location of where the ball will hit, a circle of maybe 5m will be transformed. Dunno, that might be a little big, will talk to Ronin about it.

Just to reiterate, the black earth makes all movements 1.5 times faster. Just movement though, so axe swings won't be faster, but rolls will be, as will walking and running. The person in it won't feel any effects different, nor seem to themselves much faster. A third party observer would see the person moving faster. So to the person walking on the earth, it will remain mysterious why he finished walking through the earth so very fast :D

< Message edited by xaxtoo -- 8/11/2008 0:11:58 >
AQ  Post #: 479
8/11/2008 11:11:34   
qbsuperstar03

Great...so you made the charge for Roch and Enya even faster, giving me less time to react. Hopefully that ice I've been laying down will come in handy for tripping someone up.

Edit: Requesting minor bunny to see the reaction in Djaak's face as Roch and Enya charge in their direction. As things stand, I'm about to get stabbed in the back by the Fire champion while I'm already wounded. >_<

< Message edited by qbsuperstar03 -- 8/11/2008 21:31:49 >
AQ DF  Post #: 480
8/12/2008 0:46:15   
damselindigital

Kell, I'm really sorry. I wanted to leave Slash alive but your last post really made it so I could no longer justify it from Enya's viewpoint. I really apologize for this.

As far as cost to Enya is concerned: Due to this not using the heat of the Fire Pillar but having some natural 'fuel' by way of Slash's body, the whole of the post's expenditure cost her about 15 lbs worth of weight. In addition to the 3-5 lost trying to 'smoke' Slash out before, those who are paying close attention to the woman may notice a decrease in her size. But it's not obvious yet at this point.
AQ  Post #: 481
8/12/2008 1:37:34   
The Dragon Knight

Even rigid and narrow-minded viewpoints can have exceptions to the rules. With enough creative thinking, the mind can find ways around anything. However, what's done is done and my viewpoint hardly matters.
AQ  Post #: 482
8/12/2008 4:38:24   
Beebote

Sorry folks for the sudden disappearance. My internet went down and I had no way to post until now. I'll get my post up today or tomorrow...sometime. Work is pretty crazy right now...stupid RL interfering with my RP time ><
Post #: 483
8/12/2008 4:40:04   
DWeird

...killing a character in a combat tournament? For shame! We must all gather 'round and point fingers at she who committed such a heinous crime for all eternity, or three months at least!

Seriously.

From my point of view as a spectator:

Woo! One more death! Make these the bloodiest Finals ever! Including the future, even! Not one cull without a death! (And the Champion must commit seppuku!) Yay! Woo! Yay!
Post #: 484
8/12/2008 9:14:04   
qbsuperstar03

Bee, keep in mind that suddenly we have two people bearing down on us...our ancient rivals, the Fire and Earth champs. Since they're teamed up, why not team up against them?
AQ DF  Post #: 485
8/12/2008 10:36:50   
xaxtoo

My post is mostly done, but it doesn't look like I'll have time to post it until tonight. If anyone has Kard in his/her plans, he will be by the Energy Pillar, though he might have phased, not sure on that yet.
AQ  Post #: 486
8/12/2008 11:34:56   
The Dragon Knight

QB, I have to point something out here: Your character's back was towards the action occurring at the Energy pillar, and you had never posted anything about Cryo being aware of the Energy Champion's defeat in the first place. Reacting to the flame is one thing, but there's a continuity problem with your post considering character knowledge. Just wanted to let you know.
AQ  Post #: 487
8/12/2008 11:40:15   
qbsuperstar03

Edited. Hopefully that's better than what I had before.
AQ DF  Post #: 488
8/12/2008 12:35:01   
The Dragon Knight

It makes more sense now from his IC perspective, yes. Just remember that you're the one initiating the charge now. Enya and Roch have not begun theirs yet. Still, better for Cryo to go on the offensive than get rushed from behind. Well done.
AQ  Post #: 489
8/13/2008 0:17:07   
xaxtoo

The black earth has a slightly metallic look especially when light hits it for it reflects light a bit. But it should feel like condensed earth when stepped on. Enough resistance to leave no footprints with normal pressure.

The ball should've hit the pillar base sticking up in the middle of the arena and bounced back a ways towards the location Karddicj originally kicked it. It will remain on the black soil, maybe 2-3 m away from the pillar. So as a projection of its path, had it continued to roll, it would hit an arena wall somewhere between Earth and Light pillars.

The ball would explode if destroyed. But it is quite resistant to blunt objects hitting it.

< Message edited by xaxtoo -- 8/13/2008 0:26:08 >
AQ  Post #: 490
8/13/2008 3:33:07   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Bee, latest I can give allowance for is to the Culling. No offense. Then again, I am unlikely to be home with access to a computer until more like 7 or 8 PM server time to announce the Culling, so there's a bit more leeway than normal anyway.

The general status of this year's Finals has gone from a stellar start to something immensely disappointing on various aspects. Wasted opportunities that turn some posts into more fluff than not, far too much confusion among Finalists regarding posts that are more nebulous than not, a promising competitor being Idle Eliminated and then pressing the issue into death...blah. Can we try to pick up the effort again just a tad bit?
AQ  Post #: 491
8/13/2008 12:28:02   
Beebote

None taken mon General. I realize that my time is limited, but I don't think that will be a problem. My post is in the works now and will be a good one thanks to the fact that I have more material to work with. Thank you for your continued patience.
Post #: 492
8/13/2008 16:08:26   
qbsuperstar03

Bee, you better help me out here...in my wounded state, I don't think I can take a 3 on 1.
AQ DF  Post #: 493
8/13/2008 16:13:24   
The Dragon Knight

How is it a 3 on 1? Roch is going for Djaak, Torrelle for Kard. Who's teaming up against Cryo?
AQ  Post #: 494
8/13/2008 16:18:05   
qbsuperstar03

Never hurts to think about worst case scenarios, right? At worst, Djaak could still think of Cryo as his enemy at the moment, and go for him instead of Roch.

Of course, the worst case right now would be if I got culled, but...yeah. XP

< Message edited by qbsuperstar03 -- 8/13/2008 16:20:46 >
AQ DF  Post #: 495
8/13/2008 18:52:05   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

I'm going to eat dinner first things first, since I'm just in the door.

Then I will Cull.

Bee's fate rides on his getting a post up prior to that.
AQ  Post #: 496
8/13/2008 19:17:47   
The Dragon Knight

Bee, you had better get your rear in gear and post.
AQ  Post #: 497
8/13/2008 19:36:24   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, that's all she wrote, as the saying goes.

Sorry Bee. Culled.
AQ  Post #: 498
8/14/2008 12:57:28   
Beebote

Oops, let me rescind that last post I made then and try again. I expected this in the end, my work schedule being what it is, so I graciously accept the culling and I will bid farewell to the Finals. Good luck to the remaining Champions, especially TDK, my "could have been" ally and GoN, my "would have been" opponent. Peace!

~Teh Barking Bee

[EDIT] Thus exits the elusive Djaak Hiirst. Heh, too bad. I was thinking of dropping a "GoN with the Wind" pun, but...>>

< Message edited by Beebote -- 8/14/2008 14:58:47 >
Post #: 499
8/14/2008 16:24:02   
damselindigital

Qb? Enya's standing, both hands on her weapon, neither of them on the sands. That may change things a bit for you.
AQ  Post #: 500
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)
Page 20 of 22«<1819202122>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition