Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)
Page 9 of 22«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/12/2008 16:43:10   
The Dragon Knight

In answer to your question, Gedd, no, our characters will generally not have any prior information regarding our opponents. Generally. If you can come up with a logical explanation for WHY your character knows before the match that X has the Y element, or can perform the "Super Fireball of Utter PWNAGE" Attack, then of course you can give him that info. Just keep in mind that anything said OOC is precisely that: Out Of Character. Besides, depending on how one plays a character, they may not even be aware of their affiliation with an element until after the battle begins.

@ DW: Ahem. I said that I don't have to kill. I never said I wasn't going to. I also did not say that my CHARACTER doesn't have to, or will not, kill. You're also absolutely right about some characters attempting the one-hit kills regardless. They can certainly try. However, giving any character god-like powers to try and pull off a one-hit or dirty kill is where the argument we had started was aimed.

To be perfectly honest, if people want to try uber-abilities on my character during the EC, they are certainly welcome to do so. If Ronin does not put a stop to them, I can say with absolute certainty that I'll still find a way out of it, without relying on something similar.
AQ  Post #: 201
7/12/2008 16:43:26   
Muse

2006! I can't believe I've been hanging around this place for over two years. =/

My how time flies. And RPing skills degrade.

I'm royally boned, aren't I?
AQ  Post #: 202
7/12/2008 16:49:27   
Silverswordmaster

Yep. Good luck Muse. Your going to need it.

Ah, I can think of the commentary now...

"Well, thats the last of Muse's character in this game... never have I seen someone so spetaculary SPLATTERED against a wall like that. I mean, I knew that you could do it, but I never thought of killing him that way. Just look at the spray of blood! It's almost like a work of art. TDK, would you mind getting a closer look at us for the fokes back home watching this wonderful, gory battle?"
MQ  Post #: 203
7/12/2008 16:51:32   
Nightly

"Yea Silver I would have to agree with you. Never have I seen someone get splattered as hard. Oh wait yea I have, when my character splattered yours!!"

"and now down to TDK."
Post #: 204
7/12/2008 16:58:34   
Silverswordmaster

"Now now Night, you and I both know that we both got killed. I will admit, you hit me pretty hard, but to acually make the blood from your oppents body blast out like that... I dunno, I think you got CLOSE, but not good enough to do that. And you got caught up in that fire zortex remeber? Dropped down on that pole? Come to think of it, your characters body is still there... and yeah, it's still bleeding. Whats up with that anyway?"
MQ  Post #: 205
7/12/2008 17:00:34   
Geddesmck

Ah, thanks for that TD and Dragon Knight. I was not aware if there was an IC roster or not, seeing as it there is not then that clears things up, thank you. I only see two ways of having prior knowledge of an opponents element then, either knowing them prior to the event or having seen them in a previous year, such as Roch. Thanks for that guys.

Silver and Nightly, don't waste all your good commentary here, save it for later please. It's in the wrong place and therefore it's spam, I know I might have encouraged it earlier, but give Ronin a break okay. :)

Edit:
To below-
To be honest that kind of stuff does more to annoy than convince, I think just saying you want a spectators thread is enough. If enough people want it, then we will get it.

< Message edited by Geddesmck -- 7/12/2008 17:12:40 >
AQ DF  Post #: 206
7/12/2008 17:04:04   
Nightly

We are just reinforcing the fact we want a spectators thread:D

(silver that was my homunculus.)
Post #: 207
7/12/2008 18:09:57   
TormentedDragon

That's exactly the kind of thing that would get you a warning in your Academy RP, Nightly. Leave it elsewhere, please.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 208
7/12/2008 18:57:23   
The Dragon Knight

Agreed. As fun as it may be, this is not the place for it, I'm afraid. Don't forget, though, that in order to get a Spectator Thread it will take more than just the interest of the two of you. Without a large enough pool of interest, there won't be one. If you really want one, then your energy would be better spent in asking people to get involved and show their interest in it.
AQ  Post #: 209
7/12/2008 19:03:52   
Biophysicist

quote:

Don't forget, though, that in order to get a Spectator Thread it will take more than just the interest of the two of you.

Make that three, I would like said thread.
MQ  Post #: 210
7/12/2008 19:12:43   
Nightly

And some other people said they would like it...
Post #: 211
7/12/2008 19:21:28   
Geddesmck

I would quite enjoy having a spectators thread also. Perhaps a poll would be best way to decided wether or not we should have the spectator thread?
AQ DF  Post #: 212
7/12/2008 19:48:39   
Nightly

I second that notion! And add im done for spamming anywhere... so give me an official warning if I do spam later on :P

(Oh and cant wait till this gets started!!)
Post #: 213
7/12/2008 19:51:30   
deltora94928

I want a spectators thread!!! That would be really cool.
AQ  Post #: 214
7/12/2008 21:38:27   
Geddesmck

Question:

Is Ronin of Dreams the only one who judges wether people should advance/win/be purged?

If yes than you have my respect Ronin, that's one heck of a lot of reading for one person.
AQ DF  Post #: 215
7/12/2008 21:44:40   
Cheeseliker

The answer is yes Gedd. Also, whoever made that list of participating characters forgot about me. My dwarf monk will be a force to be reckoned with, of that, you can be sure.
AQ  Post #: 216
7/12/2008 21:47:24   
Geddesmck

Thanks Cheeseliker.

However, what do you mean you were forgotten *points to first post* you're character is the second one listed. Or are you talking about TDK's post?
AQ DF  Post #: 217
7/12/2008 21:59:07   
The Dragon Knight

And if you read a little more carefully there, cheese, you'd have noticed that MY list only contained the names of people who had submitted bios after Ronin's first list update. And yes, your name was already there on Ronin's master list. :-P
AQ  Post #: 218
7/13/2008 6:34:30   
DWeird

I made my post mostly to justify the bastard that is going to be my character, mind you. ^_^ Me hopes to gets at least seven kills this year.

Anyhoo, as for the OOC roster being available ICly - RoD's the boss now, but basically, whoever enters through the arena gates, is considered a combatant. No paperwork there. Note, however, that you could possibly know about other characters' abilities by hanging out in the inn, or the tent village, or whatever.

'course, this way, you couldn't know everyone's abilities and alignments by default, and so, as usual, you'd probably have to talk to the guy who controls the character you want info on. But that seems like too much of a hassle, especially since most alignments and stuff are going to be fairly obvious anyway.

There are probably bits of knowledge you can gather without talking to the other characters' owners, too - for instance, if RationalParanoia's first post tells you that his character has been about town for several days, I'm fairly sure that, ICly, you would have noticed him before the EC actually begins, assuming yours didn't just get in. My charry's going to be about town for a month or so prior to the fighting, too, and if you see a skeleton with a robe walking about town, I wouldn't hold it against you to let your character make the assumption that that there thing is a darkness mage of some sort.

<.<

This is way too long a post for something that basically means: "use common sense".
Post #: 219
7/13/2008 7:35:46   
Geddesmck

Well my question is moot now anyway, since I've decided my chracter will be showing up the day of the EC. My question was basically if there was some kind of list, but since there's is not there is practically no way my character is going to know alignment until he sees people actually casting spells.

Thanks anyway DWeird.
AQ DF  Post #: 220
7/13/2008 7:55:59   
Mittoo

Just a quick couple of things, since I'm refusing to let myself be dragged in to the random discussions;

Firstly, are combatants chosen for their arena based on their element (eg, wind-based characters in the Sky Arena, Darkness in the Cellar, Water in the Fountain and such) or is it random in a 'make the best of the arena you have' way?

Secondly, are we given the descriptions of the various arenas once the Drop-offs begin? I think I recall DW making crude pictures of the various arenas (sorry, but they were), so may I make a request for those again? Sometimes a written description, even as well-written as I assume they will be, isn't enough to visualise the Arena enough.

Finally, do we have to incorporate elemental magic into our attacks at some point? I understand this being the Elemental Championship, but I don't want to feel like I have to place in a few token elemental manipulations (á la trout slap) just to qualify for the finals.

Right, that'll do me, along with my support for a Spectator's Thread.
AQ  Post #: 221
7/13/2008 8:25:20   
Geddesmck

For first question the answer is that it's random and you just have to make the best of where you are.

We do get a good, detailed description of the arena in the first post, for something more specific I'm sure Ronin would elaborate for you.

Finally, I'm not sure what you mean. If you just intend to use physical attacks instead of elemental magic I think that's okay. Guarian of Nekops used a character called Roch in 2006 that didn't outright use any magic in the dropoffs, but got the final (although to be fair his physical attacks revolved around using an enchantment that was heavily related to earth). To be honest I'm not really sure about this one, if I were you I would try to get some kind of elemental attacks in, otherwise you really can't justify become the champion of an elemental lord.

< Message edited by Geddesmck -- 7/13/2008 8:26:17 >
AQ DF  Post #: 222
7/13/2008 9:27:29   
omf

...I have a question, would Kinetic Manipulation (Hit stomach, Hurt face among the thousands of forms of it) be considerded overpowered and Earth Elemental Magic because if not to the latter then I'm boned o_o
AQ  Post #: 223
7/13/2008 9:31:03   
Geddesmck

Kinetic manipulation sounds non-elemental to me. If you can find a way to explain why it'd come under earth then there isn't a problem.
AQ DF  Post #: 224
7/13/2008 9:32:42   
omf

Um >_>...I hit a rock and it shoots up xD

I always figured that Martial Art based things would be more earth then everything but I didn't know I had to use Elemental Magic to qualify for the finals.>.<
AQ  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships= OOC 2008 (Applications Phase)
Page 9 of 22«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition