Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Poetic Alchemy-Comments III-NEW~You're a Gift

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Poetic Alchemy-Comments III-NEW~You're a Gift
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/26/2009 23:36:02   
garnetdragoness

thank you Firefly. you know you have been an immense help to me. i owe you much gratitude. oh my...the spotlight...still so stunned I actually got it I kinda spaced that part-lol. 'scuse me whilst I run like rabbit to get busy on that!

p.s- I have been working on some new stuff just each of them are not quite ready for posting but I assure you I'm working on it.

< Message edited by garnetdragoness -- 11/17/2009 10:04:00 >
AQ  Post #: 126
1/30/2009 17:56:42   
pollme

Congrats!!! I'm glad you won! You truly deserved it!!!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 127
1/31/2009 12:22:14   
garnetdragoness

thanks bunches Pollme. you know I totally appreciate your continued support. its just so nice to know that there are others out there who enjoy what I write besides me, myself and I-lol.
AQ  Post #: 128
2/6/2009 15:41:58   
garnetdragoness

well, the spotlight is up. hope my selections were to everyone's liking.
AQ  Post #: 129
2/6/2009 16:10:23   
Firefly
Lore-ian

I think you did a good job in the selections. Tears of my Soul is a personal favourite of mine since that's the poem that got me interested in your works. Softly is cool because I loved seeing Alix all creeped out. =P The Vampire's Quest is very powerful and sad. Love of Rhyme is, by contrast, fun and optimistic as it gives a voice to poets everywhere. I, er, don't want to be a party pooper, but you forgot to capitalize an "I" in Awakening. =P

quote:

how long i have slept.

That's all I have to say. They were really good selections. ;)
AQ  Post #: 130
2/6/2009 17:31:37   
garnetdragoness

aw crud, you ALWAYS catch my typos...lol. editing awaits!!!! wait...am i allowed to edit the spotlight post? eeeek!!!!
AQ  Post #: 131
2/6/2009 21:48:17   
Firefly
Lore-ian

If you see an edit button on the post, I think you're allowed, lol. I did it with mine plenty of times and I don't believe I've been smacked for it yet. =P
AQ  Post #: 132
2/8/2009 19:15:04   
garnetdragoness

all fixed. thanks again Firefly. have you ever considered employment in proofreading? i swear you would be awesome at it-lol.
AQ  Post #: 133
2/9/2009 17:34:00   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Haha, maybe for poetry, but for prose, I'm too darn slow. And I'll scare away the author with the length of the comments. Though, neither is going to happen since I'm too much of a meh poet myself to be considered for the position in the first place. =P
AQ  Post #: 134
2/10/2009 21:16:04   
garnetdragoness

yeah but you do seem to catch almost everything I goof-lol. wrote a poem for crimzon5's collab thread but it isnt letting me post. if all else fails I will just have to put it in my thread.... hmmmmm
AQ  Post #: 135
2/14/2009 12:42:08   
garnetdragoness

well here is my latest and greatest-lol. the poem I did for Crimzon5's collab "Poems from the Heart". it is a friday the 13th/psycho/Valentine's Day/love story......hope you all enjoy....heee heeeeeee. it's a little evil.

To Die For
AQ  Post #: 136
2/16/2009 1:59:13   
pollme

Lovely! You really have a way with words! Cant wait for another!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 137
2/17/2009 6:25:44   
garnetdragoness

thank you pollme! never thought of such a scary story to be "lovely" hee hee but will take what I can get. hee hee. so glad you liked. hope to have more up soon!
AQ  Post #: 138
4/6/2009 11:25:03   
garnetdragoness

wow....guess its been a while since I posted something new. gonna have to do something about that arent I?
AQ  Post #: 139
4/6/2009 20:17:37   
Crimzon5

^Heh, I check your profile the other day. It's been months eversince you logged in. Good to see that you're still here.

Can you see the Visions?
AQ DF  Post #: 140
4/6/2009 20:24:42   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Yeah, you should. =P

I just realized I never got around to "To Die For" I keep thinking I'll read it, forget it, think about it, have no time, forget it, get depressed that you're not here, forget it... you get the point.

Sorry if the typo-check might be a bit inconvenient since Crimzon posted it for you, but I noticed a few things.

quote:

His only friend, a shapened machete.

"sharpened"?

quote:

He'd stand staring and unable to leave.

Hmm, how do I put this? Sounds like "unable to leave" is being used as an action while I think it's more of a description, y'know? I'd replace the "and" with a comma to highlight that.

quote:

Her watcher felt something inside him had died.

Hmm, I think the "had died" thing sounds a bit weird. I mean, it's right at that moment when the something dies, not before, right? Am I making sense? At least, from a flow perspective, a simple "die" fits better, imo.

quote:

Hurt and anger built and turned to rage.

Flow is a bit off and repetition of "and" I'd change the second "and" to a comma and change "turned" into "turning."

Creepy... and amazing. I love the, er, physically holding the heart for the final time thing. Unfortunately, I've read quite a few things (not necessarily poems) that delt with that recently so I wasn't quite as banged as I would've been. Still, it was an amazing ending. And an amazing poem. You've once again proven your mastery at the powerful ending.

I'm glad you're back. Don't leave again. =P
AQ  Post #: 141
4/8/2009 0:11:30   
garnetdragoness

@Crimzon5: I may not have logged in but I come here a lot. my apologies for making you think I had left.
@Firefly: Thanks for the edits. unfortunately, I cannot go in and fix 'em myself. since the poem is in Crimzon5's thread and Crimzon5 had to post the poem for me I will need Crimzon5 to fix it for me. I am only an AP and not an AA. I did notice the typo on "sharpened" but not until it was too late.....sigh. don't worry, I never left. just have been mega swamped lately. my brain has been on overload.

< Message edited by garnetdragoness -- 4/8/2009 0:12:10 >
AQ  Post #: 142
4/8/2009 5:59:50   
Crimzon5

^Ya know... AP's can now post in the collab. Anyway... I'll edit it.
AQ DF  Post #: 143
4/11/2009 12:55:43   
garnetdragoness

thanks bunches!!
AQ  Post #: 144
5/16/2009 13:21:09   
garnetdragoness

New... Highway in the Sky for my dear sweet friend Fuzzy. I will remember you always riding happy and free
AQ  Post #: 145
5/16/2009 19:22:29   
Firefly
Lore-ian

quote:

His spirit climbs a magic ascent.

I think "magical" would flow better, but your call.

quote:

His love to ride the open road.

this sounds like he's literally sitting on a moving road. Perhaps you mean "ride on the open road"?

quote:

The freedom pure and true.

I think it makes more sense without the "the" and still flows, but your choice.

quote:

My heart is with my brother.

this line kinda broke the flow for me. I'd say "My heart is always with my brother"

Wow. This was very touching, Garnet. The imagery was beautiful. I like how you create such an atmosphere of sorrow, but still manage to install a tiny shard of beauty and hope. Thank you for sharing this with us.
AQ  Post #: 146
5/17/2009 0:17:18   
garnetdragoness

thanks Firefly. edits will be done. was a tad shaky when writing this as this is something very close to my heart and happened quite recently. I am supposed to bring it to his memorial tomorrow so thanks for the suggestions on cleaning it up.
AQ  Post #: 147
5/17/2009 12:50:55   
Firefly
Lore-ian

I'm sorry for your loss, Garnet. I could really tell how real and close to you this poem was. I hope everything goes smoothly.
AQ  Post #: 148
6/3/2009 20:48:21   
garnetdragoness

thanks Firefly. i appreciate your sympathy. big hugs.
AQ  Post #: 149
7/22/2009 8:10:35   
garnetdragoness

New!!! A Dragon's Journey ok, ok....so its been a while...my deepest apologies. a multitude of recent events in my life have kept me from getting more posts in. hopefully I will have more for you all soon!

< Message edited by garnetdragoness -- 7/22/2009 8:11:02 >
AQ  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Poetic Alchemy-Comments III-NEW~You're a Gift
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition