Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Commentary on the Literary Works of .Discipline.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Commentary on the Literary Works of .Discipline.
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/28/2011 16:57:29   
.Discipline

@DD: Rare steak is only lightly heated before being served, so it still has the blood in it. Dusk's influence is slowly growing, within the first 4 years of D's life Dusk had no influence at all other than the coloration. After than he became an 'imaginary friend', at the age of 8 he first began to properly speak into D's mind and he has possessed D's body ONCE at the age of 9 to protect him from bullies, which caused D's expulsion from school.

I will comment on your story when I have the time/motivation to read it all.

@Aizen: Cheers, my evil eye was already on you.

@Helixi: I'm in the middle of writing the next part right now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
9/28/2011 22:48:35   
lordkaho
Creative!

At first I thought the head necromancer was D himself then I thought to myself "He can't be THIS maniacally evil, can he?" because from what I remembered from your previous character description of D is that his he has with him fused the soul of a dead infant. So I assumed the necromancer was going to use the child for himself when the latter is actually D himself.

Anyway, Oros is a fun character. Hopefully he doesn't get the Obi Wan treatment.

As for grammar nazi-ing, I've got nothing. In fact your choice of words are so much better than mine that I hold no grounds to correct you.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 9/28/2011 22:50:03 >
DF MQ  Post #: 52
9/29/2011 5:59:23   
.Discipline

Well I think you may have misunderstood. Mr D has a spirit fused with him AS an infant. Not the spirit of an infant. xD

Don't worry, Oros won't end up being the Obi Wan of this story. He may be old, he may have knowledge to impart, but his role is not as straightforward as that.

Your last comment humbles me, thank you. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
9/29/2011 14:28:22   
aizenv3
Banned

Produce more Chapters bro
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
9/29/2011 14:47:41   
.Discipline

It's in the works, trust me. I just like to make sure it's perfect before I post it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
10/2/2011 17:54:43   
Helixi

quote:

@Helixi: I'm in the middle of writing the next part right now.

Will I be reading the next part before you post it or are you going to leave it as a surprise? Hehe.
AQ DF  Post #: 56
10/6/2011 18:56:33   
.Discipline

Chapter 2: Discipline is now up.
Opinions please?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
10/6/2011 19:47:39   
Razen

Quite interesting so far. I love how much of a "failure" D is.

So far, the story is going by pretty smoothly, I don't see any "rough bumps as noticeable as Mount Everest" yet.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
10/6/2011 22:49:47   
lordkaho
Creative!

^

Not really.

Right now he's a very dangerous child prodigy. Don't bother asking Oros about it.

That and his true nature is revealing. Or maybe it is Dusk's?

Anyway, I love how you managed to incorporate the word "Discipline" into your chapter title. At first I was "Wait, that isn't his nam-...*pause*...Oh...I see what you did there."
DF MQ  Post #: 59
10/7/2011 4:32:20   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Now you only need a chapter to start with dot/. and you're all done (with that).

I am slightly confused about certain things that come forward in the new chapter, for one D is possessed by a darkness spirit/denizen but after reading this chapter he might as well be a(n oldskool) demon.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 60
10/7/2011 6:43:47   
Razen

@lordkaho: I was more or less referring to Oros's view on D's DISCIPLINE.

.Discipline, teach your character discipline, you got 5 seconds! xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
10/7/2011 8:22:26   
.Discipline

^^^ Actually I've got three years. ;)

Also, although the spirit possessing D might be of the darkness realm, elemental beings still have a innate connection to magical energy. Oros is trying to teach D control over that energy by showing him some basic elemental spells, it just so happens that stuff like this is instinctual to him. In the next chapter you're going to see how lessons go when it's DUSK teaching him. Hehehe. Pure darkness.

< Message edited by .Discipline -- 10/7/2011 8:23:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
10/7/2011 8:37:24   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@.Discipline: Okay, you just remind me of her. (She's a half-demon.)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 63
10/7/2011 8:52:01   
.Discipline

I'd say in coloration but nothing else. xD
D's skin and eyes are a physical reaction to a metaphysical creature living inside of him. His skin turns blue and his eyes turn red because of a serious form of darkness poisoning and back-bench possession.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
10/7/2011 9:46:19   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@.Discipline: She's selfserving, sadistic and dabbles in the dark arts. Come on, she's basically Ms. D!

P.S.: lordkaho beat you to it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 65
10/7/2011 9:53:20   
.Discipline

Beat me to what?

But yeah, that's quite a coincidence. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
10/7/2011 10:06:13   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@.Discipline: With commenting on my story.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 67
10/13/2011 8:50:23   
.Discipline

New Poem!

Breaking the Rock

*blows off dust*
It's been a while since I've posted anything here, but I suppose it's always been quite sporadic, poetry comes when it comes.

Comments/Criticisms, anyone?

< Message edited by .Discipline -- 10/13/2011 8:51:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
10/13/2011 10:19:39   
Shreder

It's quite good, and beyond a couple places where the flow seemed a bit strange to me (which I point out below) there's nothing I would suggest changing. But at risk of seeming really nit-picky, you might consider...

quote:

So now I throw cold comments down,
Then I swiftly turn my back,
The water inside turns to ice,
Which swells and writhes inside the cracks,

Perhaps taking the "I" out of the second line. It's an unnecessary redundancy and I feel the line flows smoother without it. Also, I like the alliteration of changing the "inside" in the last line to "within", but that's purely personal preference.

quote:

You try to summon one last effort,

This line bothers me a little. It just doesn't seem to fit with the rhythm of the rest of the stanza, but try though I might I can't seem to find a graceful way to change it. Unless you change the last line as well, making the stanza something like:

quote:

It's pushing out and breaking through,
And cools off your stinging retort,
You summon one last effort,
Attempt one last resort.

Make of that what you will. You've been around here longer than I have, so I'm sure you realize that what I put forth are suggestions only, to be taken or ignored at your leisure...
DF MQ  Post #: 69
10/13/2011 11:52:39   
.Discipline

quote:

You've been around here longer than I have

This means nothing. D:

Yeah, I see what you meant about the 'I' thing. Didn't notice the unnecessary repetition there. I think I'm off my game. xD

*flexes his poetic muscles* Ah well, must trudge onward. TO THE EDIT BUTTON!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
10/13/2011 13:19:30   
Helixi

And you say you're not talented. Pfft. [/ego boost.]

I like. :D

You should do one about your cat. :D

< Message edited by Helixi -- 10/13/2011 13:20:00 >
AQ DF  Post #: 71
10/23/2011 13:02:05   
.Discipline

New Chapter

The Dark Artist

D is about to learn Dusk's first lesson in the dark arts. I think he likes it a bit TOO much.

Anywho, I'm going to fastforward slightly through Oros and Dusk's lessons, I've given a glimpse and I'm not writing three years of magic tutorial. xD The next chapter shall be the entrance exam for the Academy of Magic. Many new characters to be introduced there, including one you may or may not already know.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
10/23/2011 14:03:36   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

Well, the new chapter is certainly giving us an insight into D's nature. I do wonder why Dusk would know necromancy though, is he (Dusk is a he, right?) a special darkness spirit?

You've left me with surprisingly no work thus far, I'm impressed.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 73
10/23/2011 14:09:11   
.Discipline

The true nature and history of Dusk will be revealed later. But sufficed to say the mages which bound him to Dalarai chose Dusk specifically for a very good reason (mostly by renown)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
10/24/2011 6:42:28   
lordkaho
Creative!

That...was rather dark. Even for killing a handful of sneevils.

quote:

as the hooting of owls and screeching of bats accented the atmosphere as the cold night grew more bitter

This feels oddly worded. I suggest a slight tweak here.

I think we can agree that D's path of darkness as an anti-hero starts here, a few necrotized beings at a time.

Though if you wouldn't mind, .Discipline, I kinda exagerrated D's powers of the dark magicks in the comic.
DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Commentary on the Literary Works of .Discipline.
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition