Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Endgame

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Endgame
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/17/2008 3:34:08   
Cheddar

Hearts Project: The Deathscythe Chronicles - Endgame
Written and Narrated by Cheddar; Some Concepts by Darcken and Others

Prologue Chapter: Hearts Project the Game

Adam Seifer, a seventeen year-old boy, was heading to the local Biohazardous Games Center of England to play the newly released virtual reality game, Hearts Project. He would meet with his cousin and girlfriend there to enter the virtual reality machines together. Adam was a friendly fellow who liked gaming very much. He heard rumors that Hearts Project would be the most realistic game ever created, so he decided to check it out. As he drove his car to the Center, he grabbed his cellphone to call Samantha, his girlfriend, to make sure she was already there. As he listened to the upbeat ringback, Adam felt the cool breeze blow through his wavy, brown hair and long, pointed ears, wanting to close his eyes and become lost in the moment. "Adam! How are you doing?" Samantha had picked up the phone and the ringing had stopped.

"Quite fine, thank you. Have you and Rouge arrived at the center?" he asked.

"Yeah, she's with me now," answered Samantha.

Adam heard Rouge speak in the background. "Why do I have to wait for Adam, again?" she asked. "I'd rather go in without my bratty younger cousin and his annoying girlfriend following me around."

"You're only a year older than me, Rouge. And we are going together because it is always a good idea to stay in a group in video games. Anyway, I should be arriving in a few minutes. See you there."

"Ciao," said Samantha. They both hung up.

When Adam arrived at the center, Samantha greeted him with a warm hug and a soft kiss on the cheek. Samantha Edmund had curly, blond hair that smelled of fresh fruit, brown eyes, liked to wear expensive designer clothes, and only acted friendly toward Adam. She and Adam had known each other since they were children. They began to get into a more close relationship during their freshmen year in high school. Adam was less interested in romance than Samantha, though, who was always flirting with him.

"Time to go, it seems," said Rouge. Rouge Seifer was a tall, slender, woman with soft, tan skin, long, brown, silky hair, and navy blue eyes. She was not so much into gaming, but more into meeting new people from all around the world. However, she was also looking forward to the adventure of the game, as she herself was a bit of an explorer. Rouge stood up and began walking to the door.

"Indeed!" exclaimed Adam. He and Samantha followed close behind Rouge.

As they entered, they saw many familiar and unfamiliar faces from their town. "Wow. There are so many people in such a small building," said Samantha. "Everybody from our school must be here."

"We should hurry up before all the machines are taken," said Rouge, who walked ahead.

They each found a machine, Samantha making sure she had one next to Adam's, and occupied them. The machines were large, narrow capsules made of cold, polished steel that could fit exactly one person. Rouge easily settled into hers. As Samantha and Adam entered theirs, Samantha told Adam, "see you on the other side." After the doors slid closed, the capsules lit up, revealing an oversized, red button. They each pressed it to activate the process of digitalization. A bright, white light went from the top of the tube to the bottom and a few seconds later the doors mechanically opened to the side to a whole different building. When they stepped out, they were greeted by Non-Player Characters, or NPCs. "Greetings. We bid you welcome to the Planet Hearts. We hope you enjoy your stay." The NPCs were short, hairy Dwarves wearing red uniforms with a logo that combined the letters H and P, standing for Hearts Project, on the right breast. They were led to locker rooms with locker upon locker all crowded together. They were each given their own combo and safe and told that there was a device called an Inventory Cube, a cube which converts matter into energy and back for nearly infinite storage, waiting in each for them. After grabbing their Inventory Cubes, they locked their safes tight and all met together in the lobby.

"So where to now," asked Samantha, hugging Adam's arm.

"I think the information booths sound like a good location. They don't seem to be too crowded," responded Adam.

They headed over to the Information Booths and inside the one they went to, they were greeted by a male NPC with short, blond hair. He wore a red uniform similar to the Dwarf NPCs.

"Excuse me," said Adam. "Could you suggest where to go from here?"

"Of course. This building is right on the border between the Kingdoms of Swe and Daern. Swe is the more friendly Kingdom, populated by mostly Humans, Dwarves, variations of Elves, and the occasional Gnome and Giant. Daern is populated by nasty Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, Ogres, and Imps. I highly suggest going to Swe Kingdom first. There is a long road that a train will take you across to get to the capital city of Swe, where the Castle is. You will find the train entry directly north of this building."

"Oh. Also, how do we use these Inventory Cubes?" Samantha held up the pale blue, metal cube to the booth window.

"All you have to do is press the button on the top to open it, which will suck up any Item in front of it. To release Items, use the keys on the back to type in the number of the last Item inserted. The numbers depend on which order you put them in. It gets easier to memorize after using it for a while."

"Also, what is the currency in this game?" asked Adam.

"It is called Hartas. It is spelled H-a-r-t-a-s, with a capital H. You will notice that many words in this game are capitalized, due to significance and language variations between Earth and Hearts. By pressing the zero key on your Inventory Cube, you should find one thousand complementary Hartas."

"Alright, thank you," said Adam.

They began to head to the train boarding sites. As they stepped outside, they felt several times lighter and every step they took gave them a bit of a bounce into the air. "This feels strange..." mumbled Rouge.

"All aboard!" yelled the engineer of the train. Adam, Samantha, and Rouge all boarded the train. The train's engines started working, then the wheels began to turn. The train started moving and as soon as they knew it, they were outside the boarding station and in a Giant Field full of grassy plains and short hills. Strange animals which loosely resembled Earth animals could be observed grazing and hunting as far as the eye could see. On the mostly flat plains, several cities and towns, geographical features, and structures could be seen in the distance. The most obvious one was Swe City, where the train was heading to. To the west of that was a small village, near the base of a mountain range that seemed to go on forever. To the East of Swe City, a grove could be seen, ending at the beach, where the ocean seemed to expand out into infinity. Far beyond Swe City, a small desert could be seen, where the grass began to whither and sand took over the landscape. It seemed similarly flat to Giant Field. Beyond that, it was hard to make out any features, but a few small shapes could be made out, nothing recognizable, though.

On the trip to Swe City, many passengers, including Rouge, Adam, and Samantha saw four lights shoot out of the sky and into different locations in Giant Field. One of them landed relatively close to Swe City.

"What was that?" said one passenger.

"They were like shooting stars or something," said another.

"They all landed in different places."

"I want to go find those things and see what they are."

"Please refrain from going near the landing spots of those lights." Came the voice of a Cabin Assistant. "Our Abnormality Obligation Officers will be inspecting this soon enough."

Rouge gazed at the general area of the landing spot of the light near Swe City. Something about that light... she thought. It feels...strange...like those lights have something to do with me. Especially that one that landed near Swe City. Rouge was a believer is superstition and a common belief was that some Humans could sense when their destinies are linked to something or someone.

"Something wrong, Rouge?" asked Adam.

"No. Nothing." Rouge gazed at it for a second longer, then turned away.

After under ten minutes of waiting, the train arrived in Swe City. It was a huge, medieval-esque town, filled with wooden and stone houses and buildings, many shops and merchant tents, and a large castle placed in the center, facing south, to the Starting Point Building where the train had departed from. Shortly after stepping off the train, a huge blimp flew by town. On it, a huge television-type screen was mounted. It flashed white, and the image of Rexwell Haek, the founder of Biohazardous Games, appeared. "Greetings, current residents of the City of Swe. I, Rexwell Haek, who is to be addressed as The Hacker throughout this game, would like to declare a war. This war is not for the sake of violence or power, but to introduce the game in a fun way. There will be two sides. A Good Side and an Evil Side. I already called dibs on the Evil Side, so unless you can defeat me, which you can't, you have to be a soldier for me if you wish to join the Evil Side. As for signing up, come to the Grand Arena to join my ranks. The Good Side's leader has not been decided yet. Those of you in Swe City who want the spot will have to duke it out to find one. Now, I bid you adieu." The screen flashed white again then went back, the blimp went on flying away from Swe City.

"I definitely want to be the leader of the Good Side," said Adam. "I am most certainly more Good than anyone else in this town. Heck, I help grannies across the street, I get kittens out of trees, I give food to orphans. You don't know me. I may just go and save a baby from a burning building." Adam went on to himself.

"God...why does he have to act like such a dork?" asked Rouge to herself. "Anyway, you are by no means in proper clothing to fight your way through the ranks to Leader. None of us are in proper attire to fight." Samantha and Adam looked at their clothes. Adam wore a baggy, black T-shirt and blue jeans while Samantha wore a decorative white shirt and a lovely red skirt. Rouge wore a black spaghetti strap tank top and black skinny jeans. "Do you see what I mean?"

"So what do you suggest we do, then?" asked Samantha.

"Simple!" said Adam. "A gamer like me knows that nearly every town in an Action Role Playing Game has at least one armory per major town. We just have to find it." Adam put his hand to his forehead and scouted the area with his cunning eyes. He ran down a road leading to another street.

"Adam, wait for me," said Samantha, running after him. Rouge followed behind them, walking with her hands behind her head.

Adam used the low gravity to his advantage by jumping onto a nearby building. He held onto the poorly made wooden sign sticking up off the roof and scanned the area from high up. "I don't see it anywhere."

"Um...Adam..." said Rouge.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"You are standing on top of the armory."

Adam looked at the sign. It had a tower shield and a breast plate painted on it.

"Well, wha'd'ya know?"

They entered the armory and an old, Human blacksmith NPC who was bald, had a long, grey beard, and long, sagging eyebrows was standing at the counter. Behind the counter, a wooden door leading to the back room could be seen, which is where the armor was probably forged and stored.

"Welcome, to Old Man Gray's Defensives. How can I help you?" asked the NPC.

Adam started, "I want really durable armor that can withstand anything, but still has enough flexibility to dodge and let me run."

"And I want something loose-fitting, but still durable," said Samantha.

Rouge was silent. "How 'bout you, missy?"

"I really don't plan to participate in this war. I won't be needing anything."

"Oh, but this world is still full of dangers, and you need some form of defense," said Old Man Gray.

"Fine. I suppose I could use something with maximum flexibility. I don't exactly want metal armor. Something light."

"Alright. I think I have the perfect things for each of you." He went into the back room and came out a minute later with three armors. He gestured at Adam. "This is for you." He held out a large suit of Plate Armor with the joints joined by Padded Armor. The shoulders each had somewhat large Pauldrons, or Shoulder Plates shaped somewhat like a dome.

"Wow! This is great. I think this is just what I wanted."

"And you," he handed Samantha a suit of red leather armor with plates bonded to the forearm, shoulder, stomach up to the mid breast area, and the shins.

"This should do just fine," said Samantha.

"And lastly, you." Gray handed a suit of brown leather armor to Rouge. It ended in a skirt with black, trimmed edges. It had two black, metal shoulder pads, long, dark brown boots, and a pair of bright red gloves.

"Why are the boots so heavy?" asked Rouge.

"That is because they are made to weigh you down to make up for the low gravity. You will also notice two circular lead weights on the backs of your gloves. Though, since you decided not to wear much armor, it does not entirely make up for the lack of gravity, but it will do."

"Is there anywhere we can change into these?" asked Samantha.

"Yes. To your left," Gray pointed to a group of doors, "are some dressing rooms."

"Alright. Thanks," said Adam. They each went to a dressing room and changed into their new armors.

They came out, dressed in their new game clothing. "Wow. It is so much easier to just walk, now," said Adam. Adam suddenly drew a grim look to his face. "How much Hartas does it cost." Adam got ready to pull the Hartas out of his Inventory Cube.

"Hmm..." said Gray. "Well, you know, I like you, so I will let you have it for free."

"Like us?" asked Rouge. "NPCs can't...like...can they?" Rouge had become suspicious.

"Whoops. Heheh. I forgot about that rule. Forget I said anything..." Rouge stared at him for a moment. "Anyway, I know this absolutely great place where you can get some weapons. In fact, I could ask the shopkeeper to give you any weapon you like for free."

"So, where is it?" asked Adam.

"Right through that door to your right," answered Gray. "Oh, by the way. Put all of your non-armor clothes in your Inventory Cube by pressing the button on the top. To release them, press the one key." They did as he instructed. "Also, do not forget. You must never, ever, under any circumstances take any items you obtained on Hearts to your world. When you are ready to log out, you must change into your regular clothes in the locker rooms at the Starting Point Building and put them in your Inventory Cube. Then, put the Inventory Cube in your locker safe."

Adam, Rouge, and Samantha all entered to the next room. This room looked exactly like Old Man Gray's Defensives.

"There's nobody in here," Samantha pointed out.

Suddenly, the door behind the counter opened. "Oh? Customers? Well, welcome to Old Man Gray's Offensives." The same man was standing behind this counter as in the Defensives store.

"You are the same man from the shop next door!" exclaimed Rouge.

"Really? I never noticed. I don't think I recognize you, though."

"Whatever, anyway, you said you'd give us free weapons in the other shop."

Old Man Gray looked them over. "Yes. You look like a friendly bunch. I think I will indeed give you a deal on my weapons. Hmm...come here. To the counter. All of ya..." They huddled close up to Gray as he looked at each of them closely. He raised one of his shaggy eyebrows, revealing a grey eye. "Yes. I think I know the perfect weapons for each of you." He went into the back room once again. He came out moments later with two swords, a spear, two daggers, and a type of handgun in his arms.

He handed a Broadsword which glowed purple to Adam, the two two-sided Daggers and the spear to Samantha, and a Longsword and a Sawed-Off Shotgun to Rouge.

"There are guns in this game?" asked Rouge. "Wouldn't that mean that the other weapons are obsolete?"

"Absolutely not! Not when you can enchant sword and daggers with ease, but with guns you have to enchant each bullet separately," answered Gray.

"Oh! So that is how they balance the game. I get it," said Adam.

"Game? Oh, yeah. I forgot about that again," said Gray. Rouge stared him down again with suspicion.

"Alright! Rouge, Samantha! It is time for me to join the fight to become leader of the Good Side!" exclaimed Adam.

"Where am I? Who am I?" he looked at his hands and his surroundings. He was in some sort of high tech pod with its door open. "That's right...I am Zare Lewkor." Zare got out of the pod and stood up. He was standing in a vast field, a Giant Field, with some cities and geographic features visible. The most noticeable place was a nearby city with a tall castle in the center. He looked back at the pod he was sitting in. The seat had the words, 'Da Boss', written on them. "I don't recognize those words..." he said. He felt a strange thing hanging off of his belt. A Metal cube, colored red was tied to his waste. It had a strange latch on the front and numbered keys on the back. The hatch on the front was sealed off. "How do I work this thing?" He pressed one of the keys on the back and two traditional Japanese-styled fans popped out. He opened the fans to reveal that they were made of steel and the ends were like blades. "These feel familiar to me." He opened them wide in each hand and crouched down into a fighting position, holding one arm forward and to the ground, the other in the air and behind him. "Yeah. I must be a Fighter of some sort. Hmm..." Zare looked around. "I guess I should go to the city and ask someone where I am. Maybe someone will recognize me." Zare began walking to the city.

Upon his arrival, he found that he was just in time for some sort of an announcement. A blimp was flying by with the image of an Asian-looking man with long, black hair. He was speaking. "Greetings, current residents of the City of Swe. I, Rexwell Haek, who is to be addressed as The Hacker throughout this game, would like to declare a war. This war is not for the sake of violence or power, but to introduce the game in a fun way. There will be two sides. A Good Side and an Evil Side. I already called dibs on the Evil Side, so unless you can defeat me, which you can't, you have to be a soldier for me if you wish to join the Evil Side. As for signing up, come to the Grand Arena to join my ranks. The Good Side's leader has not been decided yet. Those of you in Swe City who want the spot will have to duke it out to find one. Now, I bid you adieu."

"Alright. So, I guess this city is called Swe. And, did he say, 'game?' Is this some sort of virtual reality game? I guess it would make sense, since they are having a for-fun war."

Lewkor felt a breeze pass by, blowing through his long, red, spiked hair. He noticed that his shirt was torn where the sleeves should have been. "Huh...did I do this?" He then looked at his other clothes. He wore black tennis shoes and loose, blue jeans. "I wonder if this is normal attire for around here." He looked at the people wandering around town. Their clothes ranged from full on Plate Armor to leather jackets and jeans to flower shirts and bathing suits. "Huh. Well, I guess there is no such thing as fitting out here."

"Hey, you! What's your name?" came a male's voice from nearby. Zare looked around and spotted a tall, blonde man wearing golden Plate Armor. He had two very large pauldrons on either side of him. His armor's design was intricate yet simplistic.

"Who, me?" asked Zare.

"Yeah. You," answered the man.

"I'm Zare Lewkor," answered Zare.

"Lewkor, huh?" asked the man. "Good name. Kinda pale, but strong looking...You gonna join the war or not?"

"Well, I was thinking..." began Zare.

"Don't think, just do. Listen Lewkor, I like you. I mean in a friendly way. You should try joining the Good Side. I am going to try out to be the leader. If you vow to follow me and support me becoming the leader, I'll train you. You really don't look like much of a Fighter, though."

"Well, sure I guess. If you can teach me to be a better Fighter, then sure I'll be your underling for a short while."

"You're a good guy, Lewkor," said the man.

"You know, you can call me Zare. I don't mind."

"The name, Lewkor, holds much more power than Zare. A first impression can be majorly influenced by your name. By telling the world, 'hi! I'm Lewkor!' you are showing your inner strength."

"I see. Well, then I guess I'll give my name as Lewkor to anyone who I meet from now on. From now on, I am Lewkor!"

"Oh, I forgot to give my name to you. I am Ada. My game nick is Adagamefreak. I plan to fight for the position of leader next week, but I can train you today, tomorrow, after school on weekdays, and then next week is when I'll need your support for becoming the next leader of the Good Side."

"Alright!"

"Father. I have decided on the one that will be my Agent. The one to hold my Deathscythe. He goes by the name...of Zare Lewkor."

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/25/2009 0:38:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/17/2008 3:35:35   
Cheddar

Chapter 1: Fight For the Good Side

The Abnormality Obligation Officers, or AOO, had arrived at the site of the crash pod near Swe. "Master, this seems to be a Them pod. Them couldn't have already found us, could they have?"

The Master, who was just a thirteen year-old boy with short, blue hair, glasses, and a white cloak, gazed over the pod. "Da Boss's squad is here, it seems. I wonder...Perhaps they were not meant to arrive here at all. After all, Crash Pods are only used if the Transreality Portal Ship malfunctions. Yes...I believe they are no threat to us at the moment. From a crash like that, it is likely they all have amnesia. Even members of Them are susceptible to such flaws in Human nature. Gray Elves are much more durable to these effects."

"That Moose Guy is a half-Elf, though. Could he have kept his memory."

"Unlikely. That Moose Guy has more Human in him than Gray Elf. His mother was an early Gray Elf, so she still had many Human features in her. Anyway, clean up the Crash Pods. We will disregard the matter unless news of any of them recovering their memory reaches us."

"Alright, Lewkor! This is the day that the brawl to become Leader of the Good Side commences! Are you ready for this?" asked Ada.

"Of course! I'll be rooting for you!" exclaimed Lewkor.

"Time to enter the underground battle arena."

As Lewkor and Ada entered the room, they saw more than one hundred people fighting already. "Wow. There are a lot of people who want to become leader in here."

"Well, I'm going in! Kyah!" Ada charged in shooting Light Rays at everyone in his sight.

"Ada! What should I do!?" asked Lewkor.

"You just stand back where you won't get attacked. If I need any help, I will call you." An Arrow was heading toward Ada's back, but Ada deflected it by forcing an explosion of Light Energy from his body.

"Wow. He is so cool. I want to become a Paladin of Light like him one day." Lewkor walked over to a wall. He saw a girl with long, brunette-hair, wearing Leather Armor across the room, leaning on the wall. She held a sword in one hand and a gun in a holster on her waist. On the other side of her belt, was what Ada called an Inventory Cube. Inventory Cubes were similar to Lewkor's, but had more uncolored metal on the edges.

"I wonder why she isn't fighting. Maybe she is just supporting her teacher, like me." He walked over to her and leaned on the wall beside her. "Hi. I'm Lewkor!"

The girl looked over at him with a sort of bleak look on her face. "I'm Rouge. Aren't you here to fight for the Leader position?" she asked.

"Nope. I'm just a bystander."

Rouge's face brightened up just a little bit. "Finally, someone with common sense..." Rouge examined him a moment. "Hmm..."

"Something wrong?" asked Lewkor.

"What's with your ears? They're round. Is it like a birth defect or something?"

"I thought it was weird that everyone here had pointy ears. Is it unusual to see people with round ears?"

"You're the only one I've seen...You're also kind of short and un-muscular compared to a normal person."

Lewkor grumbled at this comment.

"No offense, though." Rouge looked away for a moment and viewed the remaining fighters. "This fighting is stupid. I'm out of here." She walked out the entrance, to the city above.

"Rouge, huh?" Lewkor looked back at the fight. All of the beaten up contestants were leaving the room. The last three were Ada, a boy and a girl, both about Lewkor's age. The boy wore plate armor and the girl wore red leather armor with plates attached on in several places.

"Samantha. You can leave now. I don't need your help to handle this guy."

"Stand down, Paladin! I am Teh Vorpal ArchPaladin of Light! I will easily topple you!" commanded Ada.

"I shall do nothing of the sort. And there is no reason to be making up names for yourself," said Adam. "Besides, your name is Ada, right? Why would I listen to a guy with a girl's name? Pathetic!"

"I was named after a famous Ancient! Do not, ever, insult this name of mine! Besides, our names are not so different.

"The Ancient Engineers are just myth and legend. There is naught significant about your name!"

"They were real! How else would the Great Wall exist today were it not created by an elite group of ancients!?" Ada shot a Light Ray at Adam.

"Ha! You are no true Paladin! True Paladins do not use Magick, but power given to them by the Gods!"

"Oh? And what do you know about the Gods of this game?" asked Ada. "Nothing! After only one week of this game being out, there are already those who act like bigs hots!"

"I would not be talking if I were you! Also, I have studied much of this world's religion and gone to many shrines, churches, and temples. I know much about this world's Divinities. Do not underestimate my power!"

"I shall do nothing of the such, so long as you do not undermine my..." Ada was charging a Light Ray in his hands. "...Own!" Ada launched the beam and it went flying and hit Adam's chest, knocking him backwards. Adam recovered by doing a backflip and landing flat on his feet. Adam charged at Ada with his glowing Broadsword. He swung straight, up to down, at Ada. Ada avoided, simply by stepping aside. Adam pulled it in an upward motion toward Ada, in an attempt to hit him from the side. Ada, bent to the side. Then, Adam swung the sword horizontally trying to hit Ada's side, but Ada simply ducked to avoid it, then spun around, trying to trip Adam, but Adam jumped to avoid it. Adam swung horizontally again, but Ada did a side flip, then kicked Adam in the head while still airborne. This knocked Adam behind Ada. Ada swiftly turned around and shot a Light Ray into Adam's back.

Adam fell over in pain. "This pain...it feels so real...why? Why would anyone make a game this realistic...?" Adam was breathing heavily. "No matter what, I will defeat you! I swear on it!" Adam stood up and faced Ada. "The Lesser God, Cralisto, I pray to Thou for power over Elemental Earth. Lend me your strength!" Suddenly, several huge spikes shot up from the ground under Ada, pinning him to the ceiling, disallowing his movement. "Do you give up?" asked Adam.

"Ergh...not at...all!" Ada forced a blast of Light Energy from his body, weakening the spikes.

"Go Ada!" yelled Lewkor from the sidelines.

"What's this!?" exclaimed Adam. "These spikes are blessed by the power of a Lesser God! How can simple Magick damage these spikes!" Adam swung his sword again, shooting up more spikes.

"Gyah! Dammit..." Ada started to continuously shoot Light Explosions from his body. Finally he broke all of the spikes. He began to dash at Adam, charging a Light Orb in his hand.

"No!" Adam jabbed his sword into the ground, shooting a wall of spikes up to act as a shield, but Ada shattered the spikes after forming a Light Orb in another hand. Adam was backed into a wall, with a terrified look on his face. "No! Stay away! Stay away!" Ada put his hand on Adam's chest, then rammed the Light Orb into Adam's stomach. "Ahhh! It burns! It burns! Aahhhhh!" Adam screamed aloud.

"Adam!" yelled Samantha.

"No! Stay back Samantha! I can handle it!"

"Ha! You can handle nothing!" exclaimed Ada.

"I may not be able to handle this pain...but I can handle you," responded Adam.

Ada felt a sharp pain in his stomach. Crimson blood was streaming down the handle of Adam's sword, dripping off as little droplets at the hilt. "This is...my blood...I have been...defeated." Adam pulled his sword out of Ada's stomach. "You put up a good fight."

"Good game," said Ada. They both passed out, Adam leaning up against the wall and Ada spread out on the floor.

Samantha yelled, "somebody! Get Adam a Healer! Anybody!"

"Ada!" exclaimed Lewkor. He ran over to Ada, and slung him over his shoulder. I'll heal you at the closest Inn with that Biomancy you taught me. Lewkor left the room to the surface to go to the Inn.

"Adam...said Samantha. I have to do something." Suddenly, Adam stood up and began floating above the ground, still unconscious. His body glowed green and his wound was suddenly healed.

"Adam will not die. Not yet. His role in the early stages of the Prophecy is not yet complete. He must live on for a bit longer," came a gentle, female voice from all around.

"Who is that!?" demanded Samantha. Adam's glowing subsided and he slowly lowered to the ground. He fell over and landed in Samantha's arms. "What...just happened?" asked Samantha.

Back at the Inn, Lewkor had laid Ada down on the bed and was holding his hands over Ada's wound. "I hope what you taught me was enough to heal a flesh wound this deep." Lewkor's hands began to glow green. He concentrated on a stitching motion of Ada's wound. "I hope stitching up his stomach will be enough to stop the internal bleeding. Man...I am no doctor. Why did he teach me this?" Lewkor was done stitching the organs and finished up with the skin. "There we go. That should do."

Ada began to wake up. He looked at Lewkor. "You...healed my wound..." He smiled. "I taught you well. You are a good Biomancer..."

"Thank you," said Lewkor. "...But..."

"What is it?" asked Ada.

"Why didn't you call me in to fight? You said if you needed my help you would call me."

"I never intended to call you. In fact, I expected to loose. Besides, even if I did call you, I didn't teach you any combat Biomancy."

"Why not?" asked Lewkor,

"First of all, I don't know any. After all, I have had only a week to study Magick in this game."

"Okay...but...secondly?" asked Lewkor.

Ada sat up. "Secondly, the more Biomancy I teach you...the more I teach you, the more likely you are to become a Necromancer."

"What? What do you mean? Biomancy and Necromancy are completely opposite! One is Life Magick the other is Death Magick!"

Ada shook his head. "No. That is not true. Necromancy is simply the combination of Biomancy and Ectomancy to forcefully revive the dead."

"I see..."

"I won't make you promise not to become a Necromancer...but know this..." Ada sat up. "If ever you do, one day, you and I will meet in battle again, but not as allies."

"I understand," said Lewkor. "No matter what, I will not become an Evil Necromancer. I swear on it."

Ada got up. "Now, it is time to go become a soldier under Adam Seifer, the Paladin Captain, Leader of the Good Side." Ada began to walk to the door. "He shouldn't give me any trouble. After all, I proved that I am worthy to be on the Good Sider during that fight of ours." Ada was at the door. "You coming? He may give you a test, but I'm sure you'll pass."

"Uh...Yeah." Lewkor followed Ada out the door and down the hallway. "Ada, you didn't lose in that battle. You have equal rights to Leader as Adam."

"No. Trust me. He is better than me."

Lewkor thought a bit more on this. As they exited the Inn, Lewkor said, "I still can't figure out how he was better than you."

"It doesn't matter any more. I've accepted my defeat at his hands."

"But you didn't lose!" exclaimed Lewkor.

They were already at the entrance to the underground base of the Good Side. Adam had already stationed Guards there. They stepped aside to let Ada in, recognizing him as the one who nearly beat Adam, but when Lewkor tried to enter, they crossed their spears in front of him. "Halt!" they exclaimed.

"You may not pass," stated one.

"Only those worthy of being a Soldier for the Good Side may enter," said the other.

"And how do I prove that?" asked Lewkor.

The first Guard grinned. "By defeating Master Adam."

"Oh! Oh, yes. That's right," snickered the second one.

"Master Adam?" It shouldn't be too hard to beat him. After all, he is probably weak from his battle with Ada, thought Lewkor "Alright! I will defeat your Master, Adam Seifer."

"Oh, yes. Go right on ahead." They let Lewkor through.

Lewkor barged in and yelled, "I, Zare Lewkor, wish to fight Adam Seifer to prove I am worthy of joining the good side." Suddenly, all of the people in the room stared at him, some raising an eyebrow.

Lewkor heard much chatter around the room. One of the voices he made out said, "he wants to fight Adam? Not even that Ada guy could manage to beat him. How does this scrawny guy think he's going to?"

"I will fight you!" came Adam's voice. Adam emerged from a crowd of people, with his girlfriend.

"But Adam, you just fought a while ago. You are too weak to fight even a guy like this," said Samantha.

"I am fine, thank you," said Adam.

"The first one of us to surrender loses."

"Very well." Lewkor grabbed his Tessen fans from his Inventory Cube and stood in his battle position.

"Let's begin." Adam crossed his arms, not even bothering to ready his Sword. He just stood there smiling. "Make your move."

"What? Don't pretend like I'm not even a threat, dammit!" Lewkor started dashing at Adam and jumped in midair. He began to twirl his body sideways, attempting to hit Adam with a spinning slash to the face. Adam simply stepped aside to dodge it. Lewkor threw the Tessen in his left hand at Adam, which just barely skimmed Adam's cheek, cutting it. As Lewkor landed, Adam began to run at Lewkor, and lifted him by his right arm. Lewkor used his left hand to try and break Adam's grip, but failed. Adam managed to squeeze Lewkor's other Tessen out of his hand. After this, Lewkor kicked Adam upward in the chin, forcing Adam to let go, leaving Lewkor to do a backflip in midair. While Lewkor was still above the ground, Adam punched him in the back and made him glide across the room and into a wall. Lewkor quickly recovered and went after Adam, now wielding his bare hands as Weapons. He positioned his fingers so that his hand was like an animal paw. He charged at Adam and put his right paw on top of his other, then lashed his palms at Adam's face. He then reversed the positioning of his palms and struck Adam's face again. He then put his hands at shoulder length apart and struck Adam in the stomach, forcing Adam to slide back a bit.

"That's it. These games bore me." Adam grabbed his Sword and held it above his head. "The Lesser God, Modaernrn, I pray to Thou for power over Elemental Fire. Lend me your rage!" Adam lowered his sword and spoke to Lewkor these words: "Prepare thyself for oblivion. Nothing can resist my attack." Adam swung his sword and a giant Fireball formed, launching at Lewkor and exploding on impact, somehow leaving Lewkor in tact. Lewkor laid on the ground in weakness. "Now get out of my sight. I don't want to see you here again." Lewkor limply got up and left.

As he left, he saw the Guards who let him in were laughing. "Hey...what's so funny?" asked Lewkor.

"Hahaha! Oh, nothing. Except the fact that you didn't even have to fight Adam Seifer to get in!"

The other Guard started, "haha! That's right! You only had to talk to Adam and convince him to let you in!"

"Too bad. You won't be getting in now."

Lewkor looked at each of them. He then, forcefully, struck his elbow into the face of the Guard who was on the left, making him fall over in pain. "Hey! Are you alright!?" asked the second Guard. Lewkor then continued to leave.

"I don't want to be mixed in with a rude bunch like them anyway..." said Lewkor. He went back into the Inn to rest his achey body.

"Hahaha! And now, it is time to meet my Agent."

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/25/2009 1:01:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/18/2008 18:28:25   
Cheddar

Chapter 2: The Neutrality

As Rouge left the brawl in the Good Side's base, she thought to herself, all of that ridiculous fighting is dumb. I wonder if the Evil Side is any better... Rouge tried to imagine what the Evil Side might be like. On second thought, people who like to act evil are usually just dorks and nerds. Especially when it comes to video games. "I have an idea!" she said aloud. "I will make a Neutral Side! Anybody who doesn't want to join the Good or Evil Sides can join!"

"Hey! That's a great idea!" said a silly looking guy with long, black hair. "We can be like...in betweenies! Not the weenies, not the meanies!"

"Who...are you?" asked Rouge.

"I'm not completely sure yet, but I think my name is Leo. Leo Kimmel, at your service." Leo bowed. Leo wore a grey sweatshirt over a suit of Chainmail and he wore black cargo Pants with plates strapped on to his upper legs and shins. One striking feature about his attire was his bright, orange tennis shoes, which did not fit in with the rest of his clothes.

"So, Leo. Do you have any idea how I can make this idea come to life?" asked Rouge.

"Nope," he answered.

"Nope?"

"Yeah. Nope. But I do know where you can make it happen!" he exclaimed! "Follow meeeee!" Leo grabbed Rouge's wrist and dragged her across town.

"Where the Hell are we going?" asked Rouge.

"To the northern edge of town!"

"Why!?"

"There's a twelicopter bus stop there."

"Twelicopter...bus?" asked Rouge.

"Yeah. I learned about it a little bit after I woke up. A twelicopter is like a helicopter, except it runs on Magick and it doesn't have any blades. A twelicoptor bus is like a twelicoptor that carries a whole bunch of people around at a time. And a twelicoptor bus stop is where we wait for it." Leo stopped running and Rouge bumped into his back. "We're here!" There was a large pole sticking out of the ground with a twelicopter bus stop sign on it. Next to it was a sitting booth to wait for it, which Rouge walked over to to sit on.

Leo stood by the sign looking at the sky. "Leo, what are you doing?"

"I'm making sure that the Twelicoptor bus doesn't pass us," answered Leo.

"This is a stop, right? Then the bus will come here even if you are not staring at the sky."

Leo glanced at her for a moment. "Well, I'd rather be safe than sorry."

"Whatever..." Rouge leaned her arm against the window of the booth and rested her cheek on her fist.

After about five minutes, the bus flew in from above and to the north-east. "Yay! It's here!" Leo hopped onto the bus as Rouge got up and followed. "Mister Bus Driver, take us to the half of a circle!"

"Leo, that is a woman," said Rouge. The bus driver was a heavyset, old NPC wearing the Hearts Project uniform. "Sorry about that. He is sort of odd. Anyway, where do you want to go, Leo?"

"To the...city...in the circle-y thing. Uhmmm..." Leo scratched his head. "What was it called?

"Dome City?" asked the bus driver.

"Oh, yeah! That's the one! Take us there!"

"Alright, kid. But we have one more stop before we get there. That is Dragonfoot Village."

"Thank you bus driver lady," said Leo.

"Let's take a seat, now, Leo," said Rouge, embarrassed to be with such an odd person.

Shortly after the twelicoptor bus's vertical takeoff, Rouge noticed Leo smooshing his face up against the window. "What are you doing, now?" she asked.

"I am trying to get a better view of the scenery," he answered. "The windows are really too small to look at anything, so I am getting closer up."

"Well, stop it. People are going to think something is wrong with you."

Leo stared at her for a moment. Finally, he said, "okey dokey, hokey pokey." He then went back to doing the same thing.

"That's right. There is something wrong with you." Rouge slapped her forehead.

After the bus landed at its first stop, Leo tried to get off, but Rouge sat him back down. "Leo, this isn't our stop," she told him.

After about another ten minutes the twelicoptor arrived at a metallic dome with glass forming the upper half. On the top was a hatch that opened up for the twelicoptor bus. It slowly settled down and landed at a bus stop in front of the local Inn.

Leo did a backflip off the bus and onto the soft, grassy ground. "We've arrived! Why were we coming here again?"

"You tell me! You were the one who wanted to come here!" yelled Rouge. "You said that this is where I could set up the Neutrality or something?"

"Oh! That's right! This town is one of the only uncontrolled non-war-zone Towns in Swe. So nobody is stopping you from making this town the base for the Neutral Side."

Rouge looked around. "This seems relatively small for a city. You could hardly even call it a town, in fact. It is so small."

Leo pointed his finger straight forward in a somewhat upward direction. Rouge looked at where he was pointing. He wasn't pointing at anything, aside from the chrome wall of the city. "Erm...Leo?" Then Leo began to spin around, still holding his finger out. "Leo! What are you doing!?"

"All of the metal part of this town...is houses, apartments, and shops. The rest is just to give it that old medieval style."

"Oh. I see. Then I guess that makes sense...that it is called a city."

"Yeah. Now get to making members for the Neutrality, missy!"

"Don't...call me missy...please...And how exactly am I supposed to get members?"

"Shout it out, like this. HEY! PEOPLE! ANYBODY WHO WANTS TO BE ON THE NEUTRAL SIDE OF THE WAR, COME TALK TO US!" Several people looked over at Leo and Rouge. Rouge tried to hide behind Leo from embarrassment.

"Hey, that sounds like an idea," said one person.

"Oh, yeah!" said another.

"Awesome!"

"That's a terrific plan!"

"Where do I sign up?"

"Wow! Put my name on the list!"

Leo pulled a strange cellphone-looking device from his Inventory Cube and cleared his throat. "SIMPLY STEP RIGHT UP AND TELL ME YOUR NAME TO SIGN UP! THERE IS NO FEE! AND..." Leo looked around. He looked at Rouge and noticed her Sawed Off Shotgun in its holster. "AND GET A FREE SAWN-OFF SHOTGUN!"

"Wait, what!?" asked Rouge. "We can't afford to buy a whole bunch of these!"

"Oh, I think you can," responded Leo.

"Sweet! A free gun as a signing bonus! Hey, guy sign me up!" said a man wearing a black t-shirt with a skull on it, black jeans, and a guitar on his back. He had shoulder-length blond hair, dyed black at the tips.

"What's your name?" asked Leo. "Matt. Matt Drayf. The Muse of Dread is my game nick."

"Rouge, do you think this guy is worthy to be in the Neutrality?" asked Leo.

"Uh...sure, I guess," she answered.

"Is she the Leader of the Neutral Side?" asked Matt.

"Yeah. She is," answered Leo.

Leo typed in Matt's name onto his cellphone device. "Out of the way, Matt," said a guy who looked about Matt's age. "I am Narusuke. Yes, that is my real name. And I don't have a game nick." Narusuke had brunet tall and long hair. He wore a shirt of Scale Mail and blue shorts. On his back was a very long, very wide sword.

"Rouge?" asked Leo.

"Yeah. He's fine, too," said Rouge.

"Okay. I have signed both of you up. We will have your guns to you within in a few days." A crowd was already forming to sign up. "OKAY EVERYBODY! BE PATIENT! WE WILL GET TO ALL OF YOU EVENTUALLY! Rouge, go get the guns, and hurry. I think you can trust my judgement for a while."

"But I don't know where to get them."

"Yes you do," said Leo.

Rouge thought a moment. "Oh yeah! Old Man Gray! He will probably give them to me for free!"

Rouge walked back over to the bus stop and waited for the twelicoptor bus to arrive. Luckily, it arrived relatively quickly. After Rouge got on board, she asked the bus driver, "how many stops until this bus arrives at Swe City?"

The bus driver had to think a moment. "Well, first we stop at the Grand Arena, then Swe Port, and then at the Swe Desert Bazaar, then we will finally arrive at Swe City."

"And how long will that take?" asked Rouge.

"Oh, about an hour if there is no sky traffic."

Rouge sighed in disappointment. "I thought video games were supposed to have fast gameplay."

"Sorry, hun," said the driver.

Rouge boarded and waited patiently. She was one of the only people on the bus. At one point, she mumbled to herself, "even Leo would be good company for this trip."

Rouge finally arrived at the bus stop. She tried to remember where Old Man Gray's Offensives was, but could not. She decided to wander around the City, looking at all the buildings she passed to find Old Man Gray's. Rouge saw many interesting places, such as Pablo's Sushi, La Boca Loco, Apothecary's Lounge, Small Man's Workshop, The Food Court of Americanism, and Terran Religions R Us.

Finally, she spotted the sign for Gray's Defensives. She looked next door, where his Offensives Shop was and on the sign was two crossed Swords. "I finally found it." Rouge entered the shop. "Hey Gray! Old man!" yelled Rouge. "You here?" asked Rouge.

The back door opened. "Oh, a customer!" came Gray's voice. "Well, hello there. Would you like to buy a Weapon?"

"Gray, it's me. Remember?"

"Hrrrmmmm..." Gray lifted his shaggy eyebrows, once again revealing his grey eyes. "Nope. But you know, I like you. You seem friendly. I'll give you anything you want free. After all, I have filled my Harta quota today. Ask for anything you want."

"I would like about one hundred Sawed-Off Shotguns."

"Hmmm...well you are in luck. I just finished making one thousand of those. You can have them all."

"Really?" asked Rouge.

"Really," responded Gray, who proceeded to go into the back room again. Shortly after, he came out with a wheelbarrow full of Sawed-Off Shotguns, all loaded and on safety mode. "To take these with you, simply hold your Inventory Cube a ways from the wheel barrel and open the latch. It will suck in the guns, wheelbarrow and all." Rouge followed his instructions and it was all converted into energy.

"Thanks, old man. I owe you."

"No, it was my pleasure." Rouge walked out the door.

"Alright it is time to bring these to Leo." Rouge strapped her Inventory Cube back onto her belt. Rouge boarded the bus and took the twenty minute flight back to Dome City.

As the twelicoptor bus descended, Rouge saw a whole crowd of people dancing. As she got off of the bus, she heard someone playing the guitar loudly. A stage had been set up in the middle of the crowd and Narusuke and Matt were playing guitar there. Rouge searched through the crowd for Leo. When the music stopped, she heard Leo's voice coming from speakers on the stage. "Everybody, I give you Rouge Seifer, leader of the Neutrality! She has arrived with all of your complementary guns! Can I hear an, 'opa,' for her?"

"Opa!" yelled the crowd.

"Rouge, can I have you come up on the stage?" asked Leo.

Rouge came up to the stage, next to Leo, nervous to be the center of so many peoples' attention.

"Rouge, would you let the guns out of your Inventory Cube?"

"Uhh. Sure." Rouge let the wheelbarrow out of her Inventory Cube.

Leo scooped up as much guns as he could in his arms. "GUNS FOR EVERYONE!" Leo tossed the pile of guns into the audience and then scooped up another pile and repeated.

"Opa!" yelled the crowd.

I think I am going to keep my distance from Leo for a while, she thought to herself.

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/25/2009 1:21:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/19/2008 3:00:20   
Cheddar

Chapter 3: The Eternal Deathscythe

Lewkor had just gotten out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist. He was now combing his hair to spike it back up. "Maybe some gel would help." Lewkor got some gel from a complementary bottle from the Inn. He rubbed it into his hair, stroking it upward. It seemed to stay. "That's better." Suddenly, a strand of Lewkor's hair fell down to his face. "Pfft...this is tough. How did it stay up before I lost my memory? Oh well. I will just have to use more gel." Lewkor saturated his hair with gel. "This will have to do. Maybe I can learn a Spell to make hair stick up."

Lewkor got dressed in his only pair of clothes. "I should consider getting new clothes. I wonder how long I had been wearing these before I woke up."

Lewkor walked downstairs to the Inn lobby. "I wonder what I should do now. Now that I don't want to be a member of the Good or Evil Side...maybe I'll train to become a Paladin or something...but what exactly makes a Paladin? I would think that there is some distinguishing feature, but Ada and Adam are both Paladins but are nothing alike...Adam did mention that Ada is not a 'real' Paladin, whatever that means." Lewkor became lost in his thoughts. Then he noticed a poster on the Inn news bulletin. Lewkor took a look at it and read aloud. "Join the Neutral Side today! Too good for the Good Side? Evil not your thing? Come to Dome City and talk to our Leader to join. Also, you may challenge the Leader to a duel if you feel you are strong enough to take the position. Upon joining...blah, blah, blah." Lewkor did not feel like reading further. "It sounds like a good idea. I want to join the Neutral Side for sure! But Ada said that Dome City is all the way past Swe Desert. And I can't think of any sort of transportation there. Oh well. I will think of something later."

Lewkor decided to walk outside of the Inn for some fresh air. For reasons unknown to even Lewkor, he walked down an alleyway on the East side of the Inn. There, he saw a mysterious figure leaning up against the wall. The character wore a long, black, hooded robe with red trim. His face was cloaked in the shade of the alley. He held a glowing red Scythe forged from a black metal staff, a small skull, and what appeared to be a flattened, sharpened rib bone. Lewkor decided to talk to him, assuming he was an NPC. "Hey. You are an NPC, right?"

"I suppose I am what you would call one of those...NPCs..." the figure said. This person's voice was a crackly, sinister voice. It sent shivers down Lewkor's spine.

"What is your function? Being back here in an alleyway is not much like an NPC," said Lewkor.

"My function? Oh, you do not need to know that...however, one of my secondary 'functions' involves you. Zare Lewkor."

"H-how did you know my name?" asked Lewkor. "Who are you?"

"How I knew...is not important. Who I am...is...also unimportant. However...who you are...and your purpose in the whole scheme of things...is very...very important. You, Zare Lewkor. You have been chosen..."

"Chosen?" asked Lewkor.

"To be the holder...of my Deathscythe. Heheheh..." the figure cackled.

"The...Deathscythe?" asked Lewkor.

"Yes. This Deathscythe holds great power. It holds the power to let you raise an army in moments, effortlessly. It holds the power to let your strength and Magick abilities ascend beyond all beliefs. With this Deathscythe, you will be unstoppable."

"I am not so sure this is my type of thing. I want to become a Paladin one day and such an Evil-looking weapon does not suit that Class."

"Child...you no nothing of Good and Evil. I assure you that no harm will come in at least carrying this around with you. In fact, I will even throw in a strap to sling it around your shoulder and carry it on your back."

"Well...I suppose...I will carry it around, but if it causes me any trouble, I am getting rid of it."

The figure pointed his finger to the Scythe and levitated it onto Lewkor's back. "Then, you will not be ridding yourself of it any time too soon."

Lewkor looked at the Deathscythe handle, sticking upward and to the right from his back. "Hey, do you know if there is a way to get to Dome City from..." as Lewkor looked back to the NPC, he found that nobody was there. "How strange. He just...disappeared." All of the sudden, Lewkor felt a sort of urge. An urge to grab the Deathscythe. He took it from his back and looked at the face of the skull. "Is this thing trying to talk to me?" It then urged him to swing it. To just lash it straightforward. He pulled his arm back and then shoved it straight into midair. Suddenly, a light shined where the Scythe's blade struck. He swung it up, then down, then to either side. This opened a rift in the fabric of space, a wormhole. Through the wormhole, Lewkor could see different scenery. He made out a few wooden buildings and a large, metal wall in the background. He slowly stepped through. The change in atmosphere between the two locations made Lewkor's skin crawl. The portal slowly closed behind Lewkor.

"Where am I?" he asked.

"Lewkor?" came a seemingly familiar feminine voice.

"Huh?" asked Lewkor. He looked to where the voice came from. Rouge, the girl he met at the brawl under Swe city, was standing there, holding a Twelphone, a multi-purpose device that Ada had showed to Lewkor once. "Rouge?" he asked with a surprised look on his face. "What are you doing here?"

"A better question is, what you are doing here, round-ears? I am the Leader of the Neutrality."

"You are? So, I am in Dome City?" asked Lewkor.

"Yes. I am. And Yes. You are," responded Rouge.

"Alright. I wanted to join the Neutrality. This Scythe must have granted my wish or something. It is amazing." Lewkor looked at the Deathscythe.

"You didn't have that Scythe before..." said Rouge.

"Some strange NPC in a dark alley gave it to me before I came here."

"Right...Anyways, you want to join the Neutrality? You seemed like you wanted to join the Good Side when we spoke that time in the Good Base."

"Actually I did. Two stupid Guards convinced me I had to defeat Adam Seifer to become a Soldier. I tried and failed. So, when I saw the poster in the Inn for the Neutrality, I set my Heart on coming here."

"Pfft...my cousin is such a retard. He should have told you you didn't have to beat him."

"You two are related!?" exclaimed Lewkor.

"Yeah. My father is his father's brother," answered Rouge.

"Oh. I see. Anyway, can I sign up?" asked Lewkor.

"Sure. All you have to do is give me your name and a game nick if you have one."

"Erm...Zare Lewkor. And I do not have a nick name."

Rouge typed in his name. "Lewkor is your last name?"

"Yeah. Master Ada told me that Lewkor sounds much more manly."

"Would you mind if I called you Zare?" asked Rouge.

"Well...it would be the first time I have been called that since I can remember," answered Lewkor.

"You don't mind, do you?" asked Rouge.

"Well, it is not that I have been called Lewkor a long time either. I sort of just woke up in this game without my memories except my name."

"Really? That's so sad..." said Rouge.

Does she...actually care? thought Lewkor. "Yeah...not knowing anything about my past does get depressing from time to time..." Lewkor sighed. "Anyway, you can call me Zare any time you want."

"Okay...Zare." Rouge smiled, which brought a smile to Lewkor's face. I wonder if all girls in this game are as nice as her.

In the next few weeks, Lewkor made a new friend by the name of Fred Doupgh.

Lewkor saw a heavyset man with messy, brunet hair and green eyes. He wore a large, green jacket over a white shirt, cargo jeans, a tool belt with no tools in it, green gloves, and large shoes sitting on a bench in front of the Inn, resting his chin on his fist. Lewkor approached him. "Hey. I'm Zare Lewkor. Who are you?"

"Hello Zare. I'm Fred Doupgh. You can call me Fred."

"I actually go by Lewkor, usually."

"Okay, Lewkor. Anyway, I am thinking. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could really chuck wood?"

"A wood chuck? What's that?" asked Lewkor.

"I don't know! Some mole thing. Anyway, wanna be friends?" asked Fred.

"Sure!" exclaimed Lewkor, smiling, with his right thumb up.

"You are so enthusiastic," said Fred.

Suddenly, the gate on top of the city opened and a gallant moose flew in, ridden by a Warrior in a red Plate. "Hello, Dome City! I, Jake Mooseherd, the MooseLord, the mighty, the great...the flabulous, have come to join the Neutrality. Where can I speak to the Leader?"

Lewkor and Fred just stared at him for a moment. "She is upstairs in the lobby of the Inn," said Lewkor.

"Thank you," said Jake. "I shall seek her out immediately." Jake dismounted from his large, flying moose and ran to the upstairs balcony, and into the lobby.

"That guy is strange. I'm gonna stay away from him," said Fred.

"How does his moose fly without wings?" asked Lewkor.

Jake had just entered the Inn. "Hello, I am Jake, of the Mighty Moose Productions! Where can I find the Leader of the Neutrality?"

"Right here!" came a male's voice from nearby.

"A guy? But I was told the Leader was a girl. Who are you?" asked Jake.

Leo, who was previously sitting on the couch, got up and walked over to Jake. "Moosey! Allow me to introduce myself. I be Leo. Leo I be. Talk to me, because the Leader I may be. Whee!"

"Moosey? I am Jake. And seriously, where is the Leader? I wanna sign up."

"Well, I am not the Leader, but Rouge gave me permission to sign anyone up who wants to join. Just give me your name and game nick."

"My name is Jake Mooseherd and my game nick is The Mighty MooseLord."

Leo began typing Jake's name into his twelphone. "Alright, it is done. Welcome to the Neutrality, Jake. I think we will be great friends," said Leo.

"Me too!" exclaimed Jake.

Meanwhile, Narusuke and Matt were talking.

"So you want to tell me your life story?" asked Matt.

"Well, it really isn't a long life. Afterall, I only have memory of the past month," answered Narusuke.

"So...I met you three weeks ago...so you are going to tell me all about one week of your life?" asked Matt.

"Well, yeah. Pretty much." They were both silent for a moment. Narusuke broke the silence. "Anyway, this is how it goes. I woke up one day and I was inside some sort of metal pod. I got out and looked back at it. The seat I was in said, 'The Narutard'. I was trying to figure out what it meant, but I couldn't come to a conclusion. Then, I realized that I didn't know who I was or where I am. After thinking hard for a few minutes, I realized that my name was Narusuke. This made me assume I was some sort of Samurai or maybe a Ninja. Then, I realized that couldn't be true because I wasn't wearing one of those awesome Samurai helmets. Instead, I was wearing what I am wearing now..."

"You...haven't changed clothes since you got here?" asked Matt, awkwardly.

"No. So, anyway, I looked at my surroundings, and there I was in the Giant Field, right by Sage Village. So, I go to the village, walk into somebody's house, mug 'im, then ask him for directions. Sure, maybe not the best course of actions, but it worked. So, he told me he was a Sage and that he could tell my destiny. He said that I should come here. So, I spent about two days getting here, because of stops along the way, and then I was here for five days before I met you, then we joined the Neutrality."

"That was...really boring and useless," said Matt.

"Yeah, well screw you," responded Narusuke, pointing his finger at Matt.

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/25/2009 1:47:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/20/2008 19:24:47   
Cheddar

Chapter 4: The Love of a Paladin

"What is love? This is a question I have asked myself many times before. Samantha says she loves me and I say, 'I love you, too,' back to her. But do I really mean it? How can I? Can I believe in love if I cannot experience it?"

Adam was daydreaming, laying on top of his bed in the Leader's quarters at the Good Side base.

"Adam, I'm back." Samantha had just gotten back from shopping for clothes in the Swe City marketplace. "I got all sorts of medieval clothes." Samantha held up many shopping bags.

"Yeah. That's great..." said Adam, with little enthusiasm.

"Adam, is something wrong?" asked Samantha.

"No...nothing is wrong. After all," he brightened up. "I am the leader of the Good Side and..." Adam hesitated. "And have a great girlfriend to boot."

Samantha smiled and sat down on the bed next to him, dropping her bags as she descended. "And I have the best boyfriend, ever." She leaned down close to him and kissed him softly on the lips. Adam had no reaction to this whatsoever and went back to staring at the ceiling.

"Samantha..." said Adam.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"When you say you love me, are you telling the truth?" he asked.

"Of course!" she exclaimed with a smile. "I could never love anybody else."

"When I tell you I love you, how does that make you feel?" asked Adam.

"It overjoys me. Hearing that the man I love, loves me back," answered Samantha.

"Why exactly do you like me?" asked Adam.

"Why...why are you asking these questions so suddenly?" Samantha became somewhat worried.

"Samantha...if you love me so much, and if I found a woman I loved more than you, would you let me be with her?" he asked.

"Adam, you haven't...you haven't..." Samantha began, but could not finish. "Have you?"

Adam shook his head in response. "But, if I did? Would you let me go...for me to be happy? Even if it made you unhappy?"

Samantha shuddered at this thought. "I...I...I..." She could not respond and choked on her unspoken words. She thought about it for a moment, wondering why Adam would bring up such a subject. Her Heart pounded quickly and she gasped for air. A tear appeared in Samantha's eye. "No..." she whispered, then several tears rolled down her cheek, she buried her face in Adam's chest, not wanting him to see her crying. "No...I couldn't leave you...I have known you forever. For my whole life!" Her voice was muffled by Adam's shirt. Adam put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her. Samantha lifted up her head and stared at Adam, her face moist with dried tears. "Why!?" she asked in a whiney voice. "Why would you ever leave me? I love you. And...and you say you love me too. Don't you?"

"Samantha. I am not leaving you. I swear I won't. I love you." Why do I have to say what I don't mean? I feel as if I have to. As if somebody is forcing me to. Why?

Samantha laid her head sideways on Adam's chest, her makeup drowned by tears. Adam stroked her hair.

Why? Why does she want to be with me so much?

The next day, Adam decided to go exploring by himself. He had arrived at Swe Beach, shortly after crossing the grove East of Swe City. He decided to walk across the beach, looking out at the ocean. "According to the book I read about the founding of Swe and Daern, this Ocean is really just a body of water in the middle of the Northern Kingdoms. Swe and Daern are just two very small Kingdoms on an island here. I believe it said that Laku'Swe is the name of the island, and previously the Kingdom before it was overrun with Mongrels. That would explain the name of this Kingdom. And that this giant lake is mostly man-made."

Adam continued to look out at the ocean-lake. He noticed a small island with a spiral-type structure on top of it. "What is that? I have never seen a rock formation anything like it. I should go check it out." Adam looked from side to side for somewhere he could get a boat. He noticed a rowboat with an oar sticking out from either side that was beached close to the water. "I think that will do. The island doesn't look that far out." Adam ran over to the boat, picked it up, set it in the water, and jumped in. He began rowing as soon as he settled into the boat. "The water is so calm. Then again, it is a lake after all." Adam stopped rowing a while and put his hand in the water, letting it drag. The water was a pleasantly cool temperature. Adam looked into the water, seeing many fish of several strange and vivid colors swimming. The sea breeze was pleasant, blowing Adam's hair similar to the way it did in his car. The crisp air smelled of fish, likely due to the good freshwater fishing that could be found in this area. "If only this moment could last for an eternity..." he said, listening to the many sea birds flying overhead.

"I guess I should continue. I didn't come out here to just relax." Adam picked up the handles of the wooden oars and began to row again. After nearly an hour, Adam arrived on the island, the huge spiraling formation towering in front of him. The formation appeared to be a giant pink sea shell upon closer observation. "A seashell? What kind of animals are huge enough to live inside this sort of shell?"

Adam continued to go inside the opening. Inside, he found that it was decorated similar to a home. It had a living space with a loveseat, fireplace, armchair, and round grass rug. There was what appeared to be a kitchen with a fire pit to roast things over, a cauldron over logs, which could be used to boil, it had something that resembled a sink, and a dining table. In the back was a bedroom with a queen sized bed and a nightstand with a jar filled with some sort of magic light inside on top of it. Behind that, stairs seemed to lead up to the next spiral.

"Hello! Is anybody here!?" he yelled.

"Oh? A guest?" came a beautiful female voice. From the stairs emerged a gorgeous woman with flawless skin, long blond hair, so long it reached her ankles, a grass skirt, and a grass top. She was perfection incarnate. "And a man. It is a surprise. This is the first man that has been here since I have lived on this island. After all, Swe has recently filled with new Explorers and not one has come to see me."

"Who are you? Are you an NPC?" asked Adam.

"An inpee-what? Oh, boy. I do not know what you are talking about."

But all NPCs know that they are NPCs, right? And all players know what an NPC is...what is she? Maybe she came into the game without being informed of what it is or something? "Erm...are you a player, then?"

"I honestly have no clue to what you are speaking about." The woman came all the way downstairs. "Tell me, boy. What is your name?"

"I am Adam Seifer, the Paladin Captain, Leader of the Good Side in the war that has recently come to be known as the Death Eclipse."

"Oh, I see. So, you are an important person. Would you mind if I called you Adam?"

"Absolutely not. Everybody calls me Adam," he answered.

"Good...Adam..." She looked at him a moment, then walked up in front of him. "This island can only be seen by those who have a troubled love life," she said. She then grabbed Adam's shoulders and French kissed him. It felt like something, maybe energy, was being pulled from him and into her.

Adam hesitated a moment, then pulled back quickly. "Hey! Only Samantha is allowed to do that!"

"I see...this Samantha you speak of..." The woman put her hands on her hops. "She is what one might call your girlfriend?" she asked.

"Yes. She is..." answered Adam.

"But you do not really care for her the way she cares for you."

"H-how did you know that?"

"It only takes a single kiss, dear." She winked. "Also, you do not believe you have the ability to love her, or anybody, back."

"That...that's correct..." Adam was speechless. How could she learn all this from a single kiss?

"I can tell you this...the reason you cannot love Samantha the way she loves you, is because she is not your one and only true love."

"Sh-she's not?" asked Adam.

"No..." she answered.

"Who are you?" After all, who is she to tell him that Samantha is not his one true love?

"I am a Siren. My name is Shiela," she answered, smugly.

"Shiela...Wait! A Siren is one of those creatures that can seduce men with their songs, right?"

"I can do much more than that." Shiela began to sing a pleasant song. Adam began to feel his Heart beat fast and then his whole body felt warm. Then, he felt weightless, like his whole body was surrounded by water. These feelings slowly receded as the singing stopped.

"W-what just happened?" he asked. "Shouldn't I have been taken under your control?"

"I told you, I can do much more than that," said Shiela, smiling.

"Then what was that song about? And why did I feel the way I did?"

"Adam, all I did was opened up your Heart. I widened your ability to feel emotions. Perhaps now you will be able to tell when you find your one and only special somebody."

"Perhaps...one day..." he responded. "Then...I suppose I will be on my way. It was nice meeting you, Shiela." Adam turned around and began to walk away.

"Not so fast, Adam." Adam turned around and looked at her. Sheila had a devious smile on. "Don't think you can leave without doing me a favor." Shiela pulled down the strap of her grass shirt, flirtatiously.

Adam became nervous and gulped. "Err...well...I can't...umm..."

"Hahahaha..." Shiela laughed aloud. "I was only joking, of course. You can be on your merry way." She mumbled, "though I wouldn't mind a little male company every now and then."

"Eheheheheh...heh...err...yeah. I knew you were only joking. Anyway, see ya." Adam exited, leaving Shiela in the shell. Shiela laid down on loveseat.

"Shiela. You did well," came a woman's voice from all around. "I am surprised that you managed to open up his Heart."

"Yes. Of course. You know that I am the best Siren to come to when you need the job done."

"Yes. That is why you are my Communicant," repeated the voice.

"Indeed. I wonder how that boy's Destiny is connected to you, Heaven. Perhaps he will be your Agent? The one to hold your Deathscythe?"

"Perhaps..." said the voice.

"Or perhaps...perhaps he is more romantically connected to you, mistress Heaven. After all, you have never had a romantic interest before. Now may be the time."

"Do not be so ridiculous. You know I would never fall in love, let alone with a mortal. Besides, near-omnipotent beings don't require such things as romance."

"We will see..." responded Shiela, resting calmly on the loveseat.

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/25/2009 2:24:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/21/2008 1:39:33   
Cheddar

Chapter 5: The Pyromantress and the Hell Deathscythe

"Father, I have chosen my Agent. The one to hold my Deathscythe will be the one known as Rose White."

"Wes, you have no idea how hard it is to get guys in bed these days," said Rose.

"I'll get in your bed," Wes responded.

"I mean, flirting just doesn't work on people these days," she went on.

"Flirting works on me," Wes said.

"How can anybody resist this body?" Rose asked, then posed, holding one hand behind her head and one hand on her hip. Rose wore a small red top, a black miniskirt, and silver high heels. She had long, blonde, wavy hair, electric blue eyes, and wore bright, red lipstick.

"I can't resist that body," replied Wes.

Rose finally started noticing Wes's replies to her comments. "Hands off, monkey boy. For the last time, you aren't getting a date with me."

"Ah, but you have already asked nearly every guy on the Evil Side out. Those who did say yes, didn't let you have your way with them. And seriously, I am the best looking, strongest member of the Evil Side. How come you won't go on one date with me?"

Rose ignored Wes's question. "Hrmm...well there is that Nodge guy who I almost had my way with...maybe I should try him again...he is so tall and handsome and mysterious." Rose grinned at the thought of it.

"Rose, my question."

"Question?" Rose thought a few seconds. "Oh yeah. It would be too awkward going out with my childhood friend. It just wouldn't be right. After all, we have known each other since first grade in Primary School."

"C'mon. Just pretend you don't know me. I can change my looks, how I act. Anything."

"Sorry," said Rose, who began to walk away.

"Ah..." said Wes, dropping his head in disappointment.

Rose was getting ready to go to another battle, as she had entered a Grand Arena Gladiator Tournament. She could hear the judge's voice announcing the different competitors. Since it was the semifinals, there were only four competitors.

"On the North gate is The King of Games. He has swept through this tournament using his skillful gaming tactics." The King of Games stepped out of his gate. He wore several video game themed clothing articles and game accessories.

"On the East Gate, we have Spartan Lord Leonidas! With his masterful knowledge of ancient Hoplite tactics, he has crushed the enemies beneath his feet." As he stepped out, it was revealed that Spartan Lord Leonidas wore a Bronze Breastplate, a Bronze Corinthian Helmet, Bronze Greaves, and an Aspis Shield. He held a spear with a Steel tip high in the air.

"On the South gate is Hookshot Man! He has used his amazing reflexes and flexibility to swing through the competition." Hookshot man stepped out. He wore an all black rubber suit with a black rubber mask that covered his whole head except his eyes. On his mask was a bulging, yellow V-shape. The hands and feet of his suit were contraptions that held launch-able chains with grappling hooks at the ends. He held his arms up, in the air and the whole crowd cheered louder than for any of the other competitors. He was obviously a fan favorite.

"And lastly, on the west gate, is The Rose Pyromantress." Rose stepped out, twirled around, then posed in a sexually appealing pose. The entire male crowd cheered. Rose loved the attention she received in these tournaments. Being the center of attention all the time, just like an idol, had always been her dream.

The judge continued. "Gladiators! Are you ready? Fight!"

Hookshot man charged straight at The King of Games. The King of Games tried tossing explosive dice at Hookshot Man, but Hookshot Man jumped in the air, doing a backflip, and shot The King of Games' face with his right hand's Hookshot. The King of Games put his hands over his face in pain. Hookshot Man grappled onto the ground with his left hand hookshot, pulled himself down, toward The King of Games, and then kicked him in the chin with full force. This immediately knocked out The King of Games, sending blood flying from his mouth.

Rose walked over to Spartan Lord Leonidas. They stood in front of each other for a moment and then Leonidas tried to hit Rose with his spear by jabbing it at her face. Rose easily dodged this, grabbed the spear pole, and melted it with her Thermomancy. She then grabbed him in her arms and kissed him to distract him. She used her Thermomancy to melt all of his armor, then quickly jumped back. "Ahh! It burns! It burns! It is painful! Ahh! Why!?" yelled Leonidas.

"What a loser..." said Rose. She then felt a sudden pain in her back and went flying forward. She regained balance and landed steadily. She had been kicked in the back by Hookshot man.

"No missing!" he yelled. He then shot one of his Hookshots at Rose. Rose dodged it and grabbed it. She attempted to melt it, but then Hookshot man sent a jolt of lightning down the chain and straight into Rose. Rose fell down as Hookshot man retracted his chain. "No failure!" Rose stood back up, but Hookshot Man had already rushed over to her. Rose attempted to shoot a Fireball at him, but he smacked her hand out of the way and stabbed her with the spikes on the end of one of his hookshots. "No mercy!"

Rose began to bleed a bit, but no vital area was hit and Rose was naturally very resistant to pain. "What a loser..." said Rose. "No blah, blah, blah! I'm definitely going to defeat him, by any means necessary." Rose held both hands up to show she wasn't going to attack him. Hookshot Man lowered his guard. She began walking over to him and reached for his mask. Hookshot Man raised his guard once again, but let her pull his mask off. Hookshot man looked part Asian and had long, black hair, which dropped down as his mask was pulled off. He had a scowl on his face, ready to attack Rose if she did anything tricky. Rose wrapped her fingers in his hair and grasped his shoulder and kissed his lips.

Hookshot Man's scowl disappeared. Instead, he now drew am Evil-looking smirk to his face and whispered into Rose's ear, "no regret." Hookshot man stabbed Rose right between the breasts, causing her Heart to to bleed out. Hookshot man laid her on the ground and held up his arms. Everybody cheered for him.

In Rose's last moments, she said, "that spineless...how could he resist someone as gorgeous as...me..." Rose closed her eyes as her Heart failed.

"Hello, Rose...I have been waiting for you."

Rose now stood in a cold, dark room. She felt her breasts and there was no blood. Her wound was gone like magic. "Where am I?" she asked.

"You are in...The Between," answered the same voice that greeted her. It was a strong, masculine voice.

"Who are you? And what is The Between?"

"The Between is the plane of Existence, or Realm, frozen in time, just between the four Prime Realms, the four Realities of Hearts Project. As for me, I am Hell...and you are my new Agent." A tall Human figure stepped into Rose's range of sight. He had long, grey-ish, blond hair, pure black eyes that emanated red light,long, tentacle-like red wings made of light that seemed to flow with life of their own. He wore a red Wizard Robe with green trim. He held a strange Scythe with a skull on the top and what appeared to be a sharpened rib bone sticking out the back of it.

"Your new Agent? What is that supposed to mean?" asked Rose.

"You are chosen to hold my Deathscythe. In other words, you have gotten yourself wound up in a legendary Prophecy that will decide the fate of this Multiverse, Hearts Project, and I will be your Master for the duration of this Prophecy. You know nothing of what you are about to get yourself into, child."

"I am no child! I am a full grown woman," said Rose. "And there is no way anybody will be my Master. I work alone."

Hell smirked. "From what I have observed, you prefer to work with men very much. And trust me, I will be your Master, even if I have to force it."

"Okay, okay. Let, me just think a minute..." Rose paused and took a deep breath. "Okay, so your name is Hell?" asked Rose.

"Correct."

"Isn't that where Evil people are supposed to go when they die? I understand that I am dead, but I expected to go to Hell, rather than be visited by him."

"Your Universe and this one are much different. When you die in this Universe, you are visited by my brother, Eternal. He looks deep into your Soul to determine whether you go to the Heaven Reality or the Hell Reality. There is also a slight chance of going to a fourth Reality, but that is not of your concern. In your world, perhaps you do go to a place called Hell when you die, but here your Terran religion does not apply."

"Alright, and you make it sound like this is like some sort of different Universe than my own, but this is just a game, right? And you are just an NPC, right?"

"I suppose you could say that." Hell smirked once again. "I am what your so-called Biohazardous Games would call an NPC and this Universe is what it would call a 'game'."

"Alright, and you expect me to be your servant?" asked Rose, knowing for sure that she would never serve anyone, unless in bed, especially such a guy as him.

"Yes," answered Hell.

"Why!?" asked Rose.

"Because you are the most suited person for my Deathscythe that is not already part of another Prophecy. For example, Jeff Graip, who just killed you, would be perfect for this Deathscythe if only he were not part of another Chosen Four."

"So, I am just who you chose because you couldn't get someone who wasn't already part of a Prophecy?" asked Rose.

"Yes. That is how it went."

"And to show your Mastership over me, I need to carry around that Scythe that is in your hands?" she asked somewhat sarcastically.

"Indeed. But I assure you, this Scythe will more than double your abilities as a Spellcaster."

"Fine. I will take it with me, but I will keep it in my Inventorty Cube when I am not using it. Now hand it here." Rose held her hand out.

"Not so fast! You need to prove yourself to me first to get this Deathscythe," said Hell, pulling it to his chest, protectively.

"Okay, conjure up a bed or whatever and I'll get undressed and--" Rose was cut off as she was about to unbutton her top.

"No, no, no! I do not even want to think about that! I mean you have to prove yourself in combat. You must accomplish at least one of the tasks I give you to get this Deathscythe."

"That is ridiculous! I don't even want it and I have to prove myself to get it!?" exclaimed Rose.

"You cannot get out of this, Rose. You have already been chosen and there is no way to avoid it. Destiny will always find you."

"...Can't I just prove myself my way?" asked Rose.

"NO!" exclaimed Hell. "Now, I will send you back to your previous Reality as a Fallen Angel because I am nice. You're dead, but your Body is still in tact and is currently in the medical center. I will return you to it. I will summon you here when it is time for your first task."

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/25/2009 2:55:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/21/2008 18:51:22   
Cheddar

Chapter 6: Days In The Life of Lewkor

Lewkor was in the town library reading up on different styles of Magick. He was sitting at a table with a stack of books, reading "You Can Be A Mantik Too!" by John Sworet.

Fred was sitting across from him reading up on several effective Martial Arts styles on Hearts. He was reading "Kung-Fu And You" by Shao Ling.

Rouge was in a nearby isle looking for a good book to read that didn't have to do with fighting. "Hrmm...A Knight's Tale...No...There isn't anything interesting in this library. I might as well go to the campus library back on Earth." She noticed Lewkor and Fred sitting at a table. Rouge had also gotten to know Fred shortly after he signed up. "Hey, Zare. Hey, Fred." Rouge sat down and put her arms on the table, resting her chin on her hands. "Have you guys found anything good to read?"

"Nope," said Fred. "I don't understand a single word in these Martial Arts books."

"I have," answered Lewkor. "These Magick books are really fascinating. I've already began to learn how to use some of the Magick that I have read about." Lewkor snapped his fingers and a small flame appeared above his hand. "It seems to come naturally to me."

Rouge sighed in boredom. "I am not interested in Magick or Fighting. I would rather read a good novel or something."

"I see," said Lewkor.

"There is a good library back where I live, but it takes an hour just to get to the Starting Point Building from here to log out. I wouldn't wait that long just to go to the library."

"Where do you live?" asked Fred, "I mean, what country, of course. Not where specifically, heheh."

"I live in Canterbury, England," answered Rouge. "I go to school at the Second University of England."

"Heh. I didn't ask for that much information," said Fred.

"What is a university?" asked Lewkor.

"You don't know what a university is?" asked Rouge.

"No," he answered. "Some sort of school, right?" he asked.

"Yeah," answered Fred. "It is where you go after completing Academy."

"Hmmm...and an academy is like a high school?"

"What is high school?" asked Rouge.

"Well, as you two know, I woke up in this world without any memories, except my name and common sense knowledge. Some of that common sense in me told me that there is elementary school, then middle school, then high school, then college." Lewkor was confused, but his confusion was confusing Fred and Rouge.

"Well, where I am from, it goes from Primary School to Middle School to Academy to University," said Fred.

"Same with where I am from," said Rouge.

"Hmmm..." pondered Lewkor. "I would like to see what a University is like one day. Since I don't know what it is," said Lewkor pondering the idea.

"Maybe you could come visit me at the Second University of England, Zare." Rouge smiled. "You too, Fred."

Does...she actually think of me as a good enough friend to come and visit her in the Real World? thought Lewkor. "Uh. But shouldn't you not trust people on online games?" asked Lewkor.

"Well, I think that if you can trust someone in a world as realistic as this, then you can trust them indefinitely."

Lewkor smiled. "Then, yeah. Maybe some day." She is so nice. I really like her.

A week passed and Lewkor had been bored from his friends being gone for University and Academy almost every day. He laid on his bed and mumbled to himself, "I wish Rouge and Fred were here," he said. He looked at the clock in his room. "Only an hour more until they log in." He turned over on his back and let his hair drape down off the side of the bed. "You know, I shouldn't be moping around. I should go and do something." Lewkor stood up and left the Inn to the balcony. "I think I will go exploring."

Lewkor grabbed the Deathscythe from his back, lashed it forward, and opened a wormhole. He stepped through to find himself in a small village with grass huts scattered around. "Where am I?"

An old man NPC wearing a Hearts Project uniform approached Lewkor. "Welcome to Sage Village, come to my hut. We have much to discuss." The man gestured for Lewkor to follow him. They ended up in a tightly squeezed hut. "Sit down, stay a while."

Lewkor sat down on one of the small wooden stools. "Erm...why did you want me to come here?" asked Lewkor.

"I am the Sage of Souls. I read deep into my clients' Souls to help tell them who they are. When I first felt your presence in this town, I knew there was something amazing about you, so I brought you here to give you a reading."

"How much does it cost?" asked Lewkor, ready to hand over as much Hartas as he needed to.

"For you, I will read into your Soul for free. I am very interested in you."

"Oh, wow! Cool. I give you my permission to do whatever it takes to tell me who I am. 'Cause even I don't know that."

The old Sage put his right hand on Lewkor's left breast and his index and middle fingers of his left hand on Lewkor's forehead. "The Heart and Mind are direct pathways between your Body and Soul. When an individual's Body forgets something, his Soul will remember it, because the Mind stores memories not only in the Body, but in the Soul. When a person's Body cannot feel emotion, it means that their Soul is storing those emotions. In other words, the Heart is sending more emotions to the Soul than the Body. It goes the same the other way around. By me tapping into your Soul through your Mind and Heart, I can directly see your current personality and memories and any lost ones as well."

"So, you know that I have lost my memories?" asked Lewkor.

"Yes. Now, I will begin the process of reading your Soul." The Sage focused very carefully and, after a few moments, suddenly pulled his hand and fingers away from Lewkor's head. "You are here for a reason, Zare 'Da Boss' Lewkor. A reason you are not sure of, but you currently feel you have a purpose here on Hearts. You are not from this Universe or any Universe, for that matter. After losing your memories, you began forming new ones and your Heart as well forgot your past. Your Heart is now working properly, since you crashed onto this planet. It is now allowing you to feel greater emotion than ever before. Now, I shall speak of your emotions. With your new memory, there is a girl you have developed some feelings for. You're not sure if she likes you the same way or not. However, buried in your lost memories, there is another girl. A girl who was able to break your own and her own restraints on the Heart. She was able to break the two of you away from emotionlessness and show you what love truly was. Her love triggered your own."

"You are saying...that I am not from this Universe...and that I liked a girl before I lost my memory? But, I didn't have much emotions before that?"

"Hrmm...something like that, it seems. Your version is a bit over-simplified. Your Soul is very complicated. I suggest you see the Sage of Destiny for more information on your present and future."

"Where can I find him?" asked Lewkor.

"He is in the hut just next door to this one," answered the Sage of Souls.

"Thank you," said Lewkor, who got off of his small stool and left through the small entrance way. He entered the next hut, which was nearly identical to the previous. He saw an old man with a long, grey beard, a brown cloth robe without sleeves, and a long walking stick sitting on his chair. "Are you the Sage of Destiny?" asked Lewkor.

"Yes. That I am. And you are Zare Lewkor, one of a group of Chosen Four," said the Sage.

"Chosen Four?" asked Lewkor.

"Yes. The Agents of the Greater Gods. Eternal, Transient, Heaven, and Hell. You hold in your hand the Eternal's Deathscythe, do you not?" asked the Sage.

"Yes. I was told by a cloaked figure that this Scythe was called the Deathscythe."

"The Deathscythe! Ohohoh! Yes, I see. He has not informed you of your role in The Prophecy, yet."

"The Prophecy?" asked Lewkor.

"If it is against the will of a God to tell you, then I shall not interfere with that will," said the Sage.

"Then, what else can you tell me?"

"I can tell you your Destiny goes far beyond the realm of Hearts. Far beyond this simple prophecy. It goes to the end of the realm of The Dream. Or Perhaps, your other self would know it better as The Omniverse."

"The Dream? The Omniverse? My other self? Huh?" asked Lewkor, very confused.

"I will not go into details, but your other self is who you were before you lost your memories. I will not get into details about The Dream, as it is quite a depressing story." The man gave a tired sigh.

"Is that all?" asked Lewkor, wanting to know more, but still not completely comprehending everything he was told. How could he not be from this Universe, let alone from no Universe?

"I'm afraid if I told you anymore then it would go beyond the line that is Divine interference."

"Then I will be off." Lewkor opened a wormhole back to Dome City and entered.

As Lewkor arrived, he said to himself, "what does it all mean?"

"What does what all mean?" came a voice from the side of Lewkor.

Lewkor looked over and saw Jake. "Hey, you're that one moose guy."

"No need for honorary titles. You can call me Jake," he said.

"Okay, Jake. Well, let me tell you the whole story in a nutshell. A few weeks back, I woke up in some sort of metal pod and--"

"Say no more! I completely relate to you! I, too woke up in some sort of metal pod without any memories. The seat said That Moose Guy, and then I realized that I must be one of the MooseLords of the Order of Mighty Moose."

"Wait, so you did too...do you know if there is anybody else like us?" asked Lewkor, confused about this new development right after being overloaded with astonishing information from the Sages.

"Of course!" Jake exclaimed with a proud smirk on his face. "I overheard Matt and Narusuke talking and Narusuke said that a similar thing happened to him. My new friend, Leo, also told me the same thing happened to him. Tell me, what was the name on your seat?" asked Jake.

"Da Boss..." answered Lewkor.

"Yours is Da Boss, mine is That Moose Guy, Leo's is Cooler Than Your Shoes, and Narusuke's is The Narutard. I must investigate this! I will go and search for all of our crash pods! Where did yours crash?" asked Jake.

"West of Swe City," answered Lewkor.

"Then, I am off!" Jake ran off.

"Zare, what was all that about?" asked Rouge, who had just walked up to him.

"Uh...nothing really," said Lewkor. "You're out of school early. How come?"

"My schedule was different today, so I came to Hearts early. Also, I forgot to give this to you when you signed up for the Neutrality." Rouge handed him a Sawed-Off Shotgun.

"Oh. I was wondering why everyone here seemed to have one. Now I guess I know," he said, taking the gun and putting it in his red Inventory Cube.

"Yup." Rouge smiled, which made Lewkor smile as well.

That Sage said that my other self liked a girl...should I feel guilty about feeling this way about Rouge? I haven't even known Rouge that long, too.

Another week passed and Lewkor decided to try out his Sawed-Off Shotgun. He set up a target made from hay and paper. Lewkor turned safety mode off and steadied his hand to aim at the target. He readied the gun, then fired. He hit the target all over with a single shell. The bullets went straight through the hay and paper and into a window behind the target, causing a loud shattering. "Uh oh! I hope I didn't hit anyone!" said Lewkor. He rushed into the building. It appeared to be an all-purpose Items superstore with everything from Potions to Armor to ancient scrolls. "Hello! Did I happen to shoot anyone in here?"

"Greetings! Would you like to buy an Item?" asked a man in a Hearts Project uniform at the counter.

"I didn't hit anyone with my bullets, did I?" asked Lewkor.

"You want to buy bullets? Correct or incorrect?" asked the NPC in the typical shopkeeper monotone.

"Incorrect. Erm...while I'm here I might want to buy an Item."

"What Item would you like to purchase?" asked the NPC, in that typical voice.

Lewkor looked around. "I have been practicing Magick, so I will buy a Mage Robe I guess."

"Select a color," said the man, as a clothing rack with a rainbow of robes rolled over to Lewkor Magickally.

"Hmm...there are so many." One caught Lewkor's eye. It was a plain black robe with red trim on the hood, chest, cuffs, and bottom. "I'll purchase this one." Lewkor pointed to it.

"That will be three thousand Hartas," said the NPC.

Lewkor handed the NPC the Hartas and received his Robe, which he would wear nearly every day from then on.

Several more weeks passed and Lewkor mastered Pyromancy and Aeromancy. He also specialized his Biomancy in the field of Dracomancy.

"It is time to test out my ability to Dragonspeak," said Lewkor, excitedly. Lewkor used Biomancy on his vocal chords to allow him to speak Draconic. He suddenly roared aloud and from the nearby mountains, he saw several large birds fly away. "What? All I did was scare some birds?" asked Lewkor. Then he noticed that the birds were actually getting closer to him. "What!? Those birds aren't scared! They are coming this way! Are they gonna attack me or something?" Lewkor readied his Deathscythe in case of a fight. Upon the large birds' arrival, he found they were not birds at all, but a small variant of Fire and Wind Dragon cross-breeds called Wyverns. "Wait...these...are Wyverns, right?"

"Yes, we are Wyverns, Human. And I suppose you are a Human Dracomancer. It is uncommon to see your kind anymore. Most people around here are Gray Elves, now," said a Wyvern with blue feathers. "You may be confused why you attracted Wyverns rather than Dragons. There are two answers to this. First of all, Dragons are attracted to much deeper voices. Secondly, there is only one non-Wyvern Dragon left in this Kingdom. He lives deep inside the largest mountain of the Swe Mountains. He is a cross-breed of an Earth Dragon and a Fire Dragon."

"I understand...Well, you guys can be on your merry ways, now," said Lewkor. "Nice to meet you."

"Likewise," said a black Wyvern. All the Wyverns flew back into the distance.

Suddenly, Lewkor felt an extremely sharp pain in his right shoulder. He looked down and saw his blood dripping off of a Sword that was stuck through his arm. "Gyah...What...what is this?"

"I have found you, Dracomancer..." said a man behind Lewkor. The man pulled out his Sword and Lewkor fell to the ground. Lewkor turned around and looked at the man. The man wore a Silver Full Plate and a Dragon Skull Helmet on his head.

"Who are you?" asked Lewkor.

"I am a DragonSlayer," said the man, who lifted up his Sword to slash Lewkor.

As the man began to swing his Sword, straight down, aiming for Lewkor's head, Lewkor held out his hand and yelled out, "NO!" The Sword stopped right in front of Lewkor's face. Lewkor looked up at the man to see a blank look in his eyes. The man's skin began to rot instantly. Then, Lewkor's Deathscythe flashed bright red, and a sort of Ectoplasmic material poured from the man's mouth into the Deathscythe's now opened mouth. "W-what's happening?" The man's skin continued to rot until chunks of his flesh fell off. "This man...is...dead...He's...Undead..." Lewkor had a terrified look on his face. "Did...I just use...Necromancy? NO! I CAN'T! I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A PALADIN! NECROMANCY IS EVIL!" Lewkor was frantic. Ada had taught him that Necromancy is a vile Magick that deserves to be punished.

"You know nothing of Good and Evil," came a voice. It was the voice of the man who gave Lewkor the Deathscythe.

"W-where are you?" asked Lewkor.

"I am speaking to you through the Deathscythe," said the mysterious NPC.

"Just who are you? And why did the Deathscythe eat that man's Soul?"

"It helped to save your Life. When the Scythe senses you using Biomancy, it assists you in turning your enemy into a Skeletal Undead."

"WHY!? I don't want to use Necromancy!" yelled Lewkor at the Scythe's face.

"But you were only a small step away. I just gave you a bit of a push. You Zombified the man with your own Biomancy, then the Scythe made him a Soulless Hollow."

"I Zombified him...without...any help?" asked Lewkor.

"That is correct," said the NPC through the Scythe.

"I...I don't want this Scythe anymore! I don't want the Deathscythe!" exclaimed Lewkor. "It is just Evil!"

"Have I not told you, boy? You know nothing of Good and Evil. This Scythe protected you. Is saving someone's life an Evil deed" asked the NPC.

"Well...no...it isn't...BUT IT TOOK THAT MAN'S SOUL!"

"But you Zombified him. Even had the Scythe not assisted, you still would have taken away his Free Will. If you believe that turning someone Undead is Evil, then you just committed a Sin. I judge not only by my beliefs, but by others' as well."

"What does that mean?" asked Lewkor.

"You will find out eventually. We will speak again, and next time...perhaps in person...meheheheheh..." The Scythe returned to being its normal inanimate self.

"Maybe...maybe Necromancy isn't Evil, after all. It did save my life."

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/25/2009 15:35:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/22/2008 0:56:07   
Cheddar

Chapter 7: Rose's First Task

It had been nearly two months since Rose received her Deathscythe. When she had originally been revived, she was surprised to find she had strange, black bat-like wings sprouting from her back. Hell spoke to her telepathically, explaining that these were the wings of a Fallen Angel. He said that she was basically a Fallen Angel, or an Evil individual who has died and gone to the Hell Reality, but brought back to the Eternal Reality in physical form. She went on with a relatively normal life as far as living in Hearts on weekends goes.

One day, as she was going on a date with a boy who loved animals, she suddenly passed out and woke up in The Between. "Dammit, Hell! I was gonna have my way with that guy! He's gonna think I'm some sort of freak for just passing out for no reason! What do you want from me, now?"

"Your first task has been prepared. You must go and Destroy two ArchAngels that are intruding in my domain. You will Destroy them if you want this Deathscythe."

"I already told you, I don't want that damn Scythe!" exclaimed Rose.

"I, your Master, command you to Destroy those ArchAngels! So help me, or I will--"

"You will what!?" asked Rose, smirking and leaning on him with her arm. "According to you, it is my Destiny to hold that Scythe, and if you kill me, you will be going against your word. Oh well, I suppose," she explained cockily. "Also, you are not my Master!"

Hell grumbled at Rose's wit. "Regardless, there is no way to run from your Destiny. You will end up with my Deathscythe, for it is your Fate!"

"I will go and kill these ArchAngels of yours, but I am not doing it for the Deathscythe. I am doing it for my own pleasure," said Rose, with a grin on her face.

Hell raised an eyebrow to this. "Anyway, I will open a portal to their location. You will fight them there. Destroy them and you will be awarded with my Deathscythe and the powers of a Fallen ArchAngel."

"Fallen ArchAngel?" asked Rose.

"You will know when you succeed," said Hell, as he opened a wormhole with his Deathscythe.

Rose stepped through and appeared on a small island in the middle of an ocean of magma. "It is hot here...even for me," she said.

"Die, foul fiend!" came a man's voice from above. Rose looked up and saw a man in Plate Mail charging down at her with a Longsword. He had blue tentacle-like wings made of light, similar to Hell's. Just as he was about to hit Rose, she jumped out of the way and hit him with a Fireball, sending him tumbling sideways. "Are you one of the ArchAngels?" asked Rose.

"That is correct! And I have come here to Destroy every last Fallen Angel and Fallen ArchAngel," he said.

"And I am the other!" came a voice from behind Rose. Rose felt a jerking pain in her back and she went tumbling forward, nearly falling into the magma. She had been hit by the Mace of an ArchAngel dressed in Gold Plate Armor. His wings were identical to his partner's.

Rose got up and held her hands behind her head, pretending to surrender. She walked over to the ArchAngel in Gold Plate Armor. And put her mouth by his ear. She whispered to him, "if you get rid of your partner, maybe you and I--" Rose wrapped her arms around him. "Could go back to my place and have some fun."

The ArchAngel blushed at this thought, then started walking over to his partner's side. "No! Of course I would never do such a thing!" He then pushed his partner into the magma, completely incinerating him.

Rose walked over to him, wrapped her arms around him, and said flirtatiously, "now, it is just you...and me." Suddenly, the man burst into flames.

"You tricked me!" yelled the man.

"No...I...I didn't do that! I swear!" exclaimed Rose,

"Damn Fallen and their trickery!" he yelled, then turning to ashes.

"What...what just did that?" asked Rose. Suddenly, a portal opened next to her. She entered and appeared in the Between. "Hell, I did it! I accomplished your task!" she exclaimed.

"No you didn't!" he yelled, sitting in a decorative Gold chair.

"What do you mean? I killed them both!" she said.

"Wrong! You killed one of them! The other...mysteriously...burst into flames."

"Yes, they are still both dead!" she replied.

"Thanks to me!" he yelled. "I used my HellFire to kill the second one, who you would have just had your way with and let go free."

"No, I swear I was going to kill him! I mean...after I had my way with him..." she said.

"DO NOT LIE!" he continued. "I CAN READ YOUR SOUL DIRECTLY! IT IS OBVIOUS YOUR INTENT WAS TO LET HIM LIVE!"

Rose smiled. "You're sort of sexy when you're angry."

"DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT!" he yelled. "YOU COULD HAVE EASILY DONE AWAY WITH THE SECOND ONE, BUT INSTEAD, YOU WOULD LET HIM LIVE!"

"Yeah, whatever. Just give me your Scythe, and let me be."

"I shall do nothing of the sort!" He began to calm down. "However, for killing one of them, I will grant you the power of a Fallen ArchAngel."

"You still haven't told me what that is," she said.

"You will know when you become one," he responded. "Now, take off your shirt."

"What!? No! You didn't want me to do that in the first place, why would you want me to do that now?" asked Rose.

"It is not for that reason. I need to put my hands on your shoulder blades to transform your current wings."

"Alright, but you better not try anything..." Rose took off her shirt, revealing her white cotton bra.

"Now, I shall begin your transformation into a Fallen ArchAngel." He put his hands on her shoulder blades, just above her bra straps. He then surged his Divine energy into her wings, through his arms, making the appearance of red lightning running down his arms and into her back.

"Gyah..." It was difficult for Rose to endure the pain. Her bat-type wings began to glow red, then the parts of her wings that were previously webbing dissipated. The three prongs on her wings began to grow very large and turned into energy, then spreading out into several tentacles, until they looked just like Hell's wings.

Hell let go of her shoulders and let her fall to the ground. "You are now...a Fallen ArchAngel..." he said.

Rose woke up in the medical center of the Grand Arena again. She sat up and looked around. Nobody was in the room with her. "Damn that Hell..." She then noticed her wings were now like Hell's. "Great...I bet this is just another way of showing his ownership over me."

Suddenly, Wes bursted into the room, and yelled, "afternoon, to you, Rose! I got you flowers." Wes handed a bouquet of roses to Rose.

"Thank you Wes. You are a good friend." Rose smiled softly.

"If only you would let me be more than a friend..." he mumbled, looking to the side in shame, since he could not get the one he liked to like him back. Suddenly, Rose got out of bed, put her hand on his cheek and kissed his lips. "W-what was that for?" he said.

"That was for caring about me so much...ever since we have known each other." Rose smiled and left the room. After walking a bit down the hall, she thought to herself, and he didn't even bring up that I look like a freak now...He really is a good friend.' Rose smiled and continued on her way.

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/25/2009 16:26:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/22/2008 20:56:00   
Cheddar

Chapter 8: The Quest For Knowledge

Four months of the war had already passed and Adam had done much studying of the Divine Pantheon of Hearts, or the Gods and other Divine beings of Hearts. As for the war efforts, guerilla warfare was being used on both sides of the war and causing many casualties, but neither side had gained much of an advantage on the other. There was minor trench warfare going on in Swe Desert.

Adam was laying on his bed reading books about the Greater Gods of Hearts Project. "It says here that the purpose of the Deathscythes of the Gods is to one day help achieve the Endgame Prophecy, in which their Agents, the mortal holders of their Deathscythes, battle to their Destruction to decide the fate of the Multiverse. The Greater Goods, Heaven's and Transient's Agents, and the Greater Evils, Hell's and Eternal's Agents, each team up to fight the other side. If the Greater Goods win, then Re-Creation of all lost Information is bestowed upon to the Multiverse. If the Greater Evils win, then Uncreation of all possibilities in the Multiverse will reign." Adam tried to think a moment about what it could mean. "I don't know what Re-Creation and Uncreation are in the first place. Is Uncreation not just the Destruction of something?"

Adam flipped through the pages, and saw an illustration that caught his eye. It portrayed four figures, all wearing different styles of Robes. On the bottom was a tall, strong-looking Human with Wizard-style robes, long hair, and pupil-less eyes, though the robes had details that normal Wizard Robes did not have. He also had glowing tentacle-like wings and a glowing halo. On the left was a skeleton wearing black Wizard Robes with lighter trim. On the right was a beautiful woman with neck-length hair, Priest Robes, and pupil-less eyes. Lastly, on top was another beautiful woman with hair that dropped to her mid-back. She wore Bard Robes and had wings and a halo similar to the man on the bottom.

"That woman on the top is...gorgeous..." Adam felt a strange, warm feeling in his Heart. He read the explanation for the illustration. "Bottom: Hell, Right: Transient, Left: Eternal, Top: Heaven. These are the Greater Gods' current forms. They seem to prefer to appear this way to Humans and Human-kind." Adam thought a moment. "Just looking at Heaven...makes me feel that way in my Heart. Why?"

Suddenly, Adam remembered the words of the Siren. "Adam, I opened up your Heart. I widened your ability to feel emotions. Perhaps now you will be able to tell when you find your one true love."

"Don't tell me...that I have fallen in love...No...That wouldn't make sense. There is no such thing as love at first sight, let alone love at first sight of an illustration of an NPC. It must just be physical attraction. Yes. That's it." Adam closed the book. "I need to go investigate the meaning of that excerpt about the Endgame Prophecy." Adam stood up. "I believe I will find my answer in Sage Village." Adam left the Good Base, nearly unnoticed. He headed to the Twelicoptor Bus Stop. After boarding the bus, he thought to himself, I wonder if it would be a bad idea to get off at the Grand Arena. After all, that is the Evil Base. I am sure I would be attacked there. Then I will go to the Swe Port. Surely that is safer than going to the enemy base. After waiting twenty minutes, Adam decided to stop off at Dome City to stretch his legs. Upon getting off the bus, he received unfriendly glares from just about everyone around him. He decided to ask a heavyset man wearing a green jacket and green gloves why everyone was looking at him strangely.

"Hey, you. Do you know why everyone is giving me such rude glares?" he asked, confused.

"Well, that is an easy one," he said. "You are our enemy." The man laughed.

"Wait...is this a second Evil Base?" asked Adam.

"No. This is the official base of the Neutrality," said the man.

"The...Neutrality? Yeah right! There is no such side." Adam laughed in amusement.

"Hmm..." the man stared at Adam for a moment.

Adam noticed this and asked, "what's wrong?"

"Well, Rouge and Lewkor have been telling me all sorts of bad things about you, but you do not seem like that bad of a guy. In fact, you seem pretty friendly."

"Rouge? And Lewkor? They are here? Wait...Lewkor is that red-haired, round-eared, scrawny guy I pretty much humiliated a while back, right?"

"Yeah. Rouge is the current Leader of the Neutrality and Lewkor and I are her friends," said the man.

"Ha! You? Rouge's friend!? And she says that my friends are total dorks! Ha! I can't believe she didn't bring up this whole Neutral Side thing to me at all!" Adam started to laugh.

The man grumbled at Adam's remark. "I am starting to see where they are coming from..." he mumbled.

Adam stopped laughing and asked, "just what is your name?"

"I am Fred Doupgh," he said.

"A small name for a small man." Adam started laughing. "Anyway, see you around, Freddy. It was nice meeting you." Adam ran over to the bus and it took off shortly after he stepped on.

Lewkor walked up to Fred and said, "guess what! I can do Necromancy, now!"

"Really? Wait, no...I have something more important to tell you."

"Really? What is it?" asked Lewkor.

"I just spoke to Adam!" he exclaimed.

"WHAT!? You saw Adam and didn't tell me! Err...I mean Rouge! You just saw the Leader of the Good Side in my...err...our base and didn't even try to stop him?"

"What is with you referring to the Neutrality as your own?" asked Fred.

"Oh, never mind," said Lewkor, as he walked away grumpily.

What was with that? wondered Fred.

Meanwhile, Adam was just arriving at the Grand Arena. He ducked down, so nobody could see him through the window. "It feels strange...being at the enemy base when I am the leader of my own base." After waiting at the stop for about five minutes, ducking down, the bus took off and Adam relaxed.

The bus landed on the southern edge of a small Port Town. Adam stepped off and said, "bus rides are way too long in this game." He began running South out of town and out of the way of the main path. He finally arrived at a village with several small huts after about five minutes of running through the breezy Giant Field. He entered one of the smaller huts, which he recognized as the house of the Sage of Destiny.

"Sage! I need you to tell me what this means!" Adam held up the book to the page that he was curious about.

The Sage tugged on his long beard. "Well, I would say that this is probably...the explanation of the Endgame Prophecy...do you believe your Destiny has something to do with this?" he asked.

"I know what it is! And...I don't think it has to do with me. I want to know what the Prophecy is. It doesn't make sense to me. Especially the parts about Uncreation and Re-Creation," responded Adam.

"I see..." said the Sage. "Are you familiar with the Greatest Gods?" asked the Sage.

"Greatest Gods? As in Greater than the Greater Gods?" asked Adam.

"Yes. The Creator and Destroyer," said the Sage. "The Mother and Father of Eternal, Transient, Heaven, and Hell and all things in the Multiverse that is Hearts Project."

"Multiverse?" asked Adam.

"Then, I assume you are also unfamiliar with the Omniverse," said the Sage. "Let me explain. A Multiverse is any group of associated Universes. In the case of Hearts Project, it includes all Universes under the Pantheon of Utopus and Apolysis. This includes all possible outcomes for each of the four Realities, plus the other, lesser, Realms."

"I see...And what about the Omniverse?" asked Adam.

"The Omniverse is everything. It is every possibility with every mode in play. That is, with every set of physical laws. Think of it this way." The sage grabbed a bag from under the table, and pulled out a branch with several leaves on it. "The Omniverse is like a tree, where each branch is a Multiverse and all the stems of that branch are Universes. If this tree could live an eternity, it could keep further branching and stemming off to other possibilities."

"Okay, but what does this have to do with Uncreation and Re-Creation?"

"Think of this," said the Sage. "What would happen if one of those stems were cut from a tree branch?" The Sage plucked a leaf from the branch and it fluttered to the floor.

"Then..." Adam thought for a second. "I suppose...it just wouldn't be on the tree any more."

"Correct. It would no longer Exist on the tree. In the tree that is the Omniverse, these stems that are Universes can be plucked off by Divine entities and thrown away into Antireality, a hypothetical term for all things that are not Real, because the Information for them does not Exist. This is Uncreation. The ability of Divine beings to pluck Information out of the Omniverse."

"Oh, I get it. And what is Re-Creation?" asked Adam.

"It is as close to the opposite of Uncreation as you can get. It is the ability to restore possibilities to a Multiverse. That is, to add Information to the Omniverse that is not there," said the Sage.

"I see. So the Greater Goods want to restore all things that have been removed in this Multiverse and the Greater Evils want to remove this Multiverse all together?" asked Adam.

"No. Not completely. The Greater Evils want to make all current Universes in this Multiverse impossible, but then to shape a new, single Universe, where there is no Destiny, and where peoples' choices shape the Universe, rather than just being part of a predefined system where they are just another statistical possibility."

"I see...perhaps the path of the Greater Evils, then...is not so Evil?" asked Adam.

"Perhaps..." said the Sage, tugging at his white beard.

"Then, I shall be off. Thank you for the information."

Adam stood up and began to leave, but the Sage stopped him. "Wait. Is there not something else you wish to know about regarding that book?" asked the Sage.

"H-how did you know?" asked Adam.

"She is closely linked to your Destiny, Adam. Heaven is closely linked to you, I can feel it."

"I-in what way?" he asked.

"Even I cannot tell that. Because even she does not know how she is linked to you, yet. As near-Omnipotent as she is, there has been a disruption in this Universe and so she cannot see a definite future any longer."

"I see. I thank you for your service," said Adam as he was leaving.

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/25/2009 23:12:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/23/2008 1:34:17   
Cheddar

Chapter 9: The Neutrality's New Leader

"Five months have passed already and only four remain until the real adventure begins."

Lewkor was laying on the grass of the Giant Field, gazing at the stars. The cool breeze made him want to simply fall asleep where he was. He had been practicing Magick with his hood on, so his hair was not spiked up, but spread across the grass. "What a beautiful sky at night. There are so many stars." Lewkor sighed. "Even though I can remember common sense things, I cannot remember a single night sky from before I came to Hearts."

Rouge walked over to Lewkor. "Hi, Zare. Mind if I lay by you?" asked Rouge.

"Sure. No problem," he said. Rouge, laid down by him, resting her head on her hands.

"What are you doing out so late on a school night?" asked Lewkor.

"I have never seen Hearts this late at night. The sky really is beautiful. There is really nowhere on Earth anymore that you can see this many stars. The city lights pollute the sky so much that it is rare to catch even a few stars."

"I really want to see Earth one day. It sounds like a real interesting place," said Lewkor.

"Maybe you can come visit me on Earth one day to see what it is like," responded Rouge.

"You have said that before...Do you really mean it? Do you really think of me as a good enough friend to let me meet you in the Real World?"

"Well of course," she answered. "If I can speak to you here, then there should be no reason that I can't speak to you in the Real World. After all, you are the same person, no matter where you are."

Lewkor smiled. "You really are a good friend." Rouge smiled at his remark. This...This is my chance...to tell Rouge that I... "Rouge...I...I l--" suddenly Lewkor's head began to throb, and he sat up and yelled out, "gyah! AHHH!"

Suddenly, Zare heard these words in his head, spoken by a woman. "Zare...I...I love you. I love you more than anything else. Please. Don't leave! Please, don't leave!"

Then came his own voice. "Elizabeth...I...I...love you...too...but I have to go. It is my duty...as a member of Them."

Suddenly, Lewkor passed out.

Lewkor woke up in a bed in an all-white room. Sitting in a chair near him was an NPC wearing a nurse's version of the Hearts Project uniform, which was comprised of red scrubs, a red miniskirt a red nurse's hat, and tall red socks. "Where am I?" asked Lewkor.

"You are in the Dome City Infirmary. Your girlfriend brought you here last night after you passed out," answered the nurse.

"My...girlfriend...?" asked Lewkor. He thought for a moment. "Oh. No, you have the wrong idea. Rouge is just my friend."

"Are you sure?" asked the nurse. "She seemed very concerned about you last night when she brought you here." The nurse winked.

"Well, I would have been just as concerned for her," said Lewkor.

"Which is how I can tell you two think of each other as more than just friends."

Lewkor pondered the thought for a moment. "No. I'm pretty sure she was just worried about a friend. She would have done the same for Fred, assuming she could carry him."

"If you say so," said the nurse, who began walking to the door. "The doctors didn't find anything wrong with you, so you may leave as soon as you wish."

Lewkor got up and left the infirmary. He went back to the town square of Dome City. "I wonder what time it is," he said. Suddenly, a twelicoptor bus descended from the hatch on top of the city and into the town square. Lewkor watched as the doors opened and Rouge and Fred stepped out.

Fred noticed Lewkor and pointed it out to Rouge. "Hey, Lewkor!" yelled Fred, waving. Lewkor waved back.

Rouge went running over to Lewkor. "Zare!" She wrapped her arms around him. "I'm so glad you're better."

Lewkor thought, she...she's hugging me. She's actually hugging me. Lewkor smiled and wrapped his arms around her.

As Rouge and Lewkor let go of each other, Fred yelled, "Lewkor! Did the doctors tell you what was wrong!? What made you pass out!?"

"No...They didn't find anything wrong with me. You know, you don't have to yell. Come over here." Fred came and stood next to Rouge. "I am really glad you guys were so concerned though." Lewkor looked at Fred, and then at Rouge. Oh, wait. That's right. Last night...I wanted to tell Rouge something...But...I can't remember what it was...

Lewkor tried to recall what it was he wanted to say. He remembered saying, "Rouge. I l--" but his memory cut off there.

"So, they couldn't find anything wrong with you?" asked Fred. "People don't just faint for no reason," he said. "Oh well. Maybe it was nothing. Maybe you were just tired from using Magick so much recently." Fred thought for a moment. "Oh yeah. The other day you were trying to tell me something. You said you had learned some new Magick, I think? What was that, again."

"Oh...that's right..." Lewkor looked down in disappointment of himself. "A few days ago...A few days ago, I Zombified a man who was attacking me...and then the Deathscythe...It...it ate his Soul."

"You say that like it is a bad thing," said Rouge. "This is just a game after all. Killing people doesn't actually kill them, just like taking their Body's will doesn't take away their Free Will in Real Life."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, Rouge," said Fred. "I have heard rumors that some Hearts Project players have been digitalized and never returned."

"But I am sure that is nothing more than a rumor," she said. "Hrm..." she pondered. "But, what does happen after you die in Hearts or are Zombified. Are you just forced to undigitalize?"

"That would make sense," said Fred.

"I don't even understand what you are saying!" exclaimed Lewkor. "Digitalized?" he asked.

"That is where your body is taken from Earth and pixelized on Hearts or something," said Fred.

"But...that makes no sense. By my knowledge of what a virtual reality game is, your thoughts are just warped to the game world, not your entire body."

"Well, that is true for most virtual reality games," answered Fred. "But Hearts is just different than that."

"Isn't that dangerous?" asked Lewkor. "What if your body was like...misarranged?"

"That wouldn't happen, because the process of digitalization is like a portal going over your body...It is not like you are getting taken apart piece by piece," continued Fred.

"But..." Lewkor began. "That sounds almost exactly like the wormholes that I create from the Deathscythe."

"Really?" asked Rouge. "I wonder if that Deathscythe could undigitalize you."

Fred laughed aloud. "Ha! That would never happen! That freaky-looking thing probably can't teleport him anywhere outside of Swe Kingdom."

"Freaky-looking thing?" asked Lewkor.

"Well, you have to admit that a Scythe with a skull on it is pretty creepy," responded Fred.

"You are not one for horror movies, are you Fred?" asked Rouge.

"Nope, not me," answered Fred.

"Gna...me neither...I hate those things," said Lewkor.

"How would you know what a horror movie is?" asked Rouge. "You haven't seen one in your time on Hearts, have you?"

"Huh...you're right. I guess it is just one of those common sense things that I know about," answered Lewkor.

"Huh..." said Fred.

"Huh?" asked Lewkor.

"Yeah. Huh," Fred answered.

"Okay..." said Rouge. "Huh, what?"

"Huh, as in it makes some sense that you know what a horror movie is, but it doesn't make sense that you know you don't like them."

"That is a big huh," said Rouge.

"Well, I guess I just don't like scary things in general," said Lewkor.

"Then why do you want to be a Paladin?" asked Fred.

"Because Ada and Adam were both really cool when they were fighting," answered Lewkor.

"Well, that is not a good reason. A Paladin is a Knight who fights to put all Undead to rest and to kill any and all Necromancers," responded Fred.

"Wait, huh! But doesn't that mean that a Paladin will come after me eventually? I am technically a Necromancer since I Zombified that guy who attacked me before, right?" asked Lewkor.

"Pretty much," said Fred. "You should probably give up on being a Paladin while you are behind."

Rouge jabbed her elbow into Fred's ribs to quiet him. "Shut up, Fred. Zare, if you want to be a Paladin, I think that you have a good shot at it. After all, a dimwit like Adam became a Paladin in only a week," said Rouge.

"Yeah..." said Lewkor. "But they fight Undead...and...frankly Undead frighten me," Lewkor smiled, uneasily.

"Hahaha! Undead frighten a Necromancer!" laughed Fred. "That is hilarious."

Rouge jabbed her elbow into Fred's ribs again. "Shut up, Fred."

"But...what was odd about when I Zombified that DragonSlayer who attacked me...it wasn't scary at all...In fact...it was...exhilarating. It excited me. I felt...powerful," recollected Lewkor.

"That is...creepy..." responded Fred.

Rouge jabbed her elbow into Fred's ribs again. "Shut up, Fred!"

Merely days later, Lewkor was laying on his bed in boredom, with his Deathscythe by his side. He looked at his clock. "It is only twelve...I really need to get something to do while Fred and Rouge aren't around. I feel like a common house pet waiting for his master to get back from work."

"You do yourself wrong, my Agent," said the Deathscythe. "You should not be waiting for a master, you should be the master. You should become the Leader of the Neutrality," said the NPC who gave Lewkor the Deathscythe.

Lewkor turned his head to look at the Scythe. "And just how do you expect me to do that?" asked Lewkor. "Rouge is already the Leader."

"To become the Leader, you must get rid of the current one," said the Scythe.

"I couldn't do that. You are suggesting that I kill Rouge, correct?" asked Lewkor.

"If you do not desire to kill her, I am sure she would be willing to let you take the position without any trouble. After all, she does feel--"

Lewkor cut him off. "I will not kill her, and I will not simply let her hand it over! If I want to become Leader, then I will prove myself by dueling her. We will duel just as Adam and Ada did for the position of Leader of the Good Side!" exclaimed Lewkor.

"So enthusiastic..." said the NPC. "Then, I shall help you. Use this Deathscythe as your primary Weapon during the fight and it will assure your victory."

"Very well. But if you dare use Ectomancy, I swear I will obliterate this Scythe and will seek you out and kill you," said Lewkor.

"Ha! You? Kill me? You do not realize who I am! Bah! Regardless, I shall not allow the Scythe's use of your human Magick. I prefer not to use forces from outside of my Reality, let alone my Multiverse, anyway," said the Scythe, which then quieted.

At four o'clock PM, the twelicoptor bus carrying Rouge and Fred finally arrived. Lewkor grinned the second he saw Rouge's face. Hahahahah...Yes. I can just feel it. I will gain the power I need to defeat the Good Side that was so thorough in its humiliation of me. I will defeat Rouge and take the position of Leader. Lewkor swiftly walked over to Rouge and said, "Rouge! I challenge you to a duel! The winner takes the position of Leader of the Neutral Side!"

"Zare? Why do you want to be the Leader so suddenly?" asked Rouge in surprise.

"Does it matter? I challenge you to a duel. The one to surrender loses," said Lewkor. "Use any Weapons you wish. You won't land a single hit on me. I assure it."

"But...but you can actually get hurt in this game. I couldn't hurt you, Zare. Especially not you," she said.

"Did you not just hear me? I will not be hit once!" said Lewkor.

"You seem to think I am weak, then?" asked Rouge.

"Absolutely not." Lewkor smiled. "I am simply much more powerful than you. Or anyone..." Lewkor looked at the Deathscythe. He felt the raw power that was flowing from it straight into him. With this Scythe...nobody can defeat me.

Rouge sighed. "Fine. I will fight you. But if you or I get seriously hurt, I won't forgive you."

"Then I will make sure," began Lewkor. "To defeat you without injuring you."

"Wait, so what is going on here?" asked Fred.

"A fight, Fred! A duel! Between Rouge and myself," answered Lewkor. "Whoever surrenders, loses."

"Oh. Okay then. I guess I'll be the referee. Fighters, take your positions!" exclaimed Fred.

Lewkor and Rouge turned away from each other, stepped forward several paces, and turned back to face each other. Lewkor readied his Deathscythe, while Rouge drew her Longsword. "I will make this quick," said Lewkor, cockily.

"Because you will lose quick," remarked Rouge.

"Fight!" exclaimed Fred, raising an arm.

Lewkor quickly opened a portal with the Deathscythe, forcing it closed behind him.

"Where'd he go?" asked Rouge.

"Right here," said Lewkor from behind her. He ducked down and kicked Rouge's ankles, tripping her. He caught her in midair, holding her by the waist and shoulder, and set her down. "Do you see my power now?" asked Lewkor. Rouge quickly tripped Lewkor and held him at Sword-point. Lewkor grabbed the hilt of the sword with the back edge of his Scythe and pulled the Sword from her hands, he then jumped up and pushed her backwards. "Do not go easy on me!" he exclaimed. "Use your gun!" he exclaimed. "You need not shoot me. If I realize I am in a situation where I cannot escape a bullet, I will surrender."

Rouge looked down at her Sawed-Off Shotgun and reached for the holster. As soon as she looked back up to Lewkor, she saw he was gone.

"Do not keep your eyes off of the target for a second," said Lewkor, who was once again behind Rouge. He wrapped his arm around her and grabbed her right hand, which had been holding the Sawed-Off Shotgun, until Lewkor's surprise attack forced Rouge to drop it. Lewkor then held the back of the Deathscythe's blade up to Rouge's neck. "Do you surrender now?" he asked.

"I...do not!" Rouge grabbed the pole of the Scythe and forced it away. She then tried to spin out of Lewkor's grip, but he held on to her wrist too tightly. He pulled her back and wrapped his arm around her.

If only this sort of grip were not for a fight. If only I could hold Rouge in my arms for no reason other than a compassionate hug. '"Rouge," began Lewkor. "I believe you have been...disarmed...and...detained. Do you surrender, now?"

Rouge tried to think of a way to get out of Lewkor's grasp, but came to the conclusion that Lewkor was right. She was unarmed and had no way of escape. "I...surrender..." said Rouge.

"Good..." said Lewkor, letting her go.

"The winner of this match is Lewkor!" exclaimed Fred.

"I suppose this means you are the new Leader of the Neutrality," said Rouge, looking somewhat disappointed.

Suddenly Lewkor had a feeling of guilt in his Heart. Did...did I really just...do what I thought I did? I felt so...powerful in that fight...but...I was so...mean...just in the way that I handled Rouge. I can't believe I did that. Lewkor now looked down in disappointment of himself. He then lightened up a bit. "Rouge...I'm sorry," said Lewkor.

Rouge looked up. "But...for what?" she asked.

Lewkor grabbed Rouge and hugged her. With a bit of surprise, Rouge hesitated, then smiled and wrapped her arms around Lewkor.

"Hey, you guys!" exclaimed Fred. "What are you doing!? We have to let everyone know about our new Leader."

Shut up, Fred... thought Lewkor. I want this moment to last longer. Lewkor let go of Rouge and she let go of him. "We will let the word spread by rumor. I am sure some of the Neutrality members saw this fight," said Lewkor.

"Good. It has been done. The next step in my master plan may now commence. It is time to make Zare Lewkor one of the best Necromancers this planet has ever seen. Well, aside from he, himself of course. But he has powers beyond this Universe. Power beyond...Reality and Existence...it seems."

"I believe it is time for me to make my appearance. I shall choose my Agent as soon as possible."

"Hahaha! Eternal's plans are going quite well, indeed! The Greater Evils shall triumph over the Greater Goods! Just look at them! They have not even been chosen yet! Ahahahahaha!"

"If Lewkor has become Leader...then Eternal's plans are going thoroughly...It seems, then, that the only obvious choice for my Agent is..."

"Chicken. Yum. Or turkey. Turkey with gravy. Or maybe duck. Stuffed duck. Goose is good too. I love poultry. Wait. What is poultry, again?"

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/26/2009 0:06:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/25/2008 18:53:23   
Cheddar

Chapter 10: Necromancy - The Magick of Death

The day after Lewkor had defeated Rouge and claimed the title of Leader, he woke up with strange red lines under his eyes. It appeared that it was no sort of paint, but a change in the pigmentation of Lewkor's skin. Lewkor had lived with it up until two more months into the war, when the next noticeable physical change in him would come. The war had raged on for seven months with little activity from the Neutrality.

"Zare Lewkor," began the Deathscythe to him, while he was once again waiting for Rouge and Fred to digitalize.

"What is it this time, mysterious NPC guy?" he asked.

"You realize that you have all the military power that you need to seek your revenge against Adam Seifer and the Good Side, right?" asked the Deathscythe.

"Yeah..." said Lewkor.

"Well, you are wrong!" said the Deathscythe.

Lewkor sat up and looked at the Scythe. "Hey! That was a trick question!" exclaimed Lewkor. "What do you mean I do not have enough military power? I am the Leader of the Neutral Side."

"Think about it this way," said the Deathscythe. "The Neutrality has about fifty thousand members at tops, right?" asked the Deathscythe.

"Yeah. Forty-seven thousand, actually," he answered.

"And the Good Side has how much, exactly?" asked the Scythe.

"Well, about five times as much," said Lewkor.

"But they are usually not logged in at night time, so they will have less members. We could sneak attack them," said Lewkor.

"You have weak logic," stated the Deathscythe.

"How rude. What do you mean?" asked Lewkor.

"Most of your Soldiers are usually not logged in at night, either," said the Scythe.

"Yeah, but if I told them to stay logged in for a bit longer, I am sure I could gather enough troops to effectively defeat the Good Side at night. After all, Rouge said that the majority of schools are getting their Summer break in a few weeks, which means I'll get to see Rouge and Fred more often." Lewkor trailed off in this thought.

"Stay focused, boy! Let's assume you cannot convince enough troops to help you. Then, what?" asked the Scythe.

"Well...then..." pondered Lewkor.

"You must make your own troops! You will make Undead!" exclaimed the Deathscythe.

"No! Shut up!" exclaimed Lewkor. "I told you already! I hate Necromancy!"

"But, what if you did not have to kill anyone to use it? What if you could make Undead without harming a single biological being in the process?"

"Well...then it might be okay, I suppose," said Lewkor.

"Yes. Then, follow my instructions," said the Scythe. "First, you must leave this Inn. There are no materials to work with here." Lewkor did as the Scythe instructed. Lewkor walked out to the balcony and hopped off, landing steadily on the ground. "Now, go to the local graveyard. There is likely one somewhere in the city."

"Yeah. I've passed by it a few times before." Lewkor ran southwards to the Dome City cemetery.

When he arrived, the Deathscythe said, "good, now allow me to use this Scythe's Ectomancy on your eyes so you can see if any Spirits are here." Lewkor nodded and the Scythe glowed brightly. It then began to change Lewkor's eyes. It took away the color in both of Lewkor's irises, making him appear as if he had large pupils. "Now, tell me. Can you see them? Can you see the Spirits, at all?"

Lewkor looked around. He saw many transparent grey figures that resembled Humans, Dwarves, and Elves. He even saw Humans that looked like him, with rounded ears. "Yes I can! There are even several ghosts that have round ears like Leo, Narusuke, and I! This is amazing!"

"Good. Now, look at the ground. Can you see any glowing plots of land?" asked the Scythe.

Lewkor looked at the ground. "Yes! There are glowing spots of soil all around. Why exactly are they there?" he asked.

"Those are the burial sites for nearby spirits. Meaning, each of those glowing spots belongs to at least one of the Spirits that you see."

"Okay. Wait, how am I supposed to control the corpses when I end up summoning them? First of all, there isn't sufficient biological parts on a Skeleton to use my Biomancy on and secondly, it will be far too difficult to control an entire army of Undead."

"Do you really think so? I always thought it would be easy to control an army of Golems. Regardless, these Undead are not like your typical Zombie Flesh Golems. These are controlled primarily by Ectomancy unlike Zombies which are controlled by primarily Biomancy. Anyway, I will do most of the work from here." The Scythe opened up its mouth and one of the nearby Spirits was sucked into the Scythe, then it closed its mouth. "Now, a new friend should be rising from the grave any second."

Suddenly, the soil where a glowing spot was began to shift and turn. A Skeleton, dressed in Steel Plate Armor rose up from the ground. "Intriguing!" exclaimed Lewkor. "But how do I control it?"

"Simply tell it what to do and it will listen. Eventually, if you ever learn to harness Ectomancy yourself, you can simply think what you want it to do and it will do it."

"Very well," responded Lewkor. "Skeletal minion...dance!" Suddenly, the Skeleton burst into a frenzy of disco dance steps. After Lewkor was well entertained, he said, "Skeleton. You may stop dancing." The Skeleton did not stop. "What? How come it didn't listen?" asked Lewkor.

"It did listen. You told it that it may stop. You gave it permission to. Since your Human Magick takes words literally, it did not take it as a command, but simply you letting the Skeleton know that it may stop if it wishes to. Obviously, this Skeleton likes to dance."

"I see. Then, I need to command it. Skeleton! Stop dancing this instant!" The Skeleton obeyed.

"Now, if you wish to release the Skeleton, simply let me know when to release the Soul and I will put the Soul where it truly belongs...heheheh..."

"Very well. Deathscythe, release the Skeleton!"

"No!" exclaimed the Deathscythe.

"But you just said..."

"I know what I said! However, unlike Undead, I do not take commands. Perhaps if you requested it..."

"Fine. Deathscythe, would you please release the Spirit?" asked Lewkor.

"Absolutely!" said the Deathscythe. The Skeleton fell apart into a pile of armor and bones shortly after.

"So, now I can simply find these glowing plots of land to help me Reanimate the dead?" asked Lewkor.

"Correct," answered the Deathscythe.

A week later, Lewkor was in the library studying the different types of Undead. "So, there are Hollows, people who have had their Souls taken, Spirits, which are people which have traveled from their afterlife to another Reality, Ghosts, which are the leftovers of a Hollow's Soul, Zombies, which are basically just people directly controlled by a Biomancer or Necromancer, Vampires, which have forsaken their Souls for Eternal Life, Liches, which have turned themselves Hollow to have the power of being Undead without losing their will and without having to constantly drink blood like Vampires, and then several others that are only debatably Undead." Lewkor thought for a second. "So I have made Zombies and Hollows. When I made a Zombie, though, the Deathscythe guy said that he also turned him Hollow. I wonder what that does to help the process of Zombification."

Rouge walked in and saw Lewkor. "Zare, what are you reading about today?" she asked.

"Well, I just learned to make Hollow Undead minions and I became interested in the different types of Undead."

"Didn't you say you don't like scary things, Zare?" asked Rouge.

"Well, when I Reanimate the dead, it feels so...natural. It does not seem scary at all. I like it. Also, I think my Necromancy is the solution to how we will win the war. We will sneak attack the Good Base at nightfall and with my army of Undead fighting alongside the Neutrality, we will catch the Good Side off guard when many of them are tired and getting ready to log out."

"I suppose that is a good plan, but what if most of them already have logged out?" asked Rouge. "After all, there are different time Zones on Earth, so different people will have logged out at different times."

Lewkor thought a moment. "...What are time zones?"

"Never mind. You really might want to think this out more."

"No! We will attack as soon as we can and as long as we get rid of Adam, our Mission will have been a success."

"Alright, but what about the Evil Side?" asked Rouge. "Don't tell me you are going to side with them. After all, we are against both of them, right?" asked Rouge.

"Well...yeah. After we beat Adam, we'll go over and kill The Hacker, too."

"You do realize how long the walk between Grand Arena and Swe City is, right? And we cannot take a twelicoptor bus, because the whole Neutrality and an Undead army can't all fit in one," went on Rouge.

"Well, I could summon the Undead once we arrive at Swe City," responded Lewkor.

"You still cannot fit up to fifty-thousand people in a twelicoptor bus!"

"I was joking. Sort of...I can open a huge portal to Swe City and then to the Grand Arena to transport everyone," said Lewkor.

"Now, you are thinking straight. That is the Zare I know," said Rouge.

"Thank you...I think..." said Lewkor, scratching his head.

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/26/2009 0:20:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/25/2008 19:45:38   
Cheddar

Intermission Chapter

The war had reached nine months. It was finally several weeks into Summer break for Rouge, Fred, and the majority of the Hearts Project players. Many of them were playing the game much longer than before, some staying the night in the game as Lewkor did always. Rouge would stay the night in the Inn every now and then, but Fred did not like staying the night in Hearts at all. Rouge finally became age nineteen this month. Lewkor, Fred, Adam, and Samantha were all eighteen at this point. Lewkor's birthday was in April, Fred's was in March, Samantha's was in January, and Adam's was in March, like Fred's.

"And now for an exclusive intermission interview with the one and only Cheddar!" exclaimed the announcer of "What's In Your Hearts?".

The mysterious blue-haired, thirteen-year old host and I were sitting in comfortable red armchairs next to each other (and these were REALLY comfortable, I mean, really). The host began by asking me, "so Cheddar. What brought you to make the Deathscythe Chronicles. Why did you include it in The Dream? After all, it is not about me or the AOO very much at all."

"Well, that is a good question," I responded. "Back when I was first starting Hearts Project, all the way back when my Real World counterpart was in the third to eighth grade range, he started out with several smaller stories about heroic and villainous characters during the Game Era. As a matter of fact, it wasn't until he got into high school and late middle school that he thought of the concepts of the AOO and the other Eras, such as the First Era, where your previous life was featured as the main antagonist."

"Hahaha. Yes, yes. Good times, good times," laughed the host.

"But, don't be so sure that you don't have anything to do with the Deathscythe Chronicles. After all, you have already appeared in it," I said.

"Yes, but that was just one small scene at the beginning of the book. And I don't see where else I can fit in," said the host.

"Oh, but this is only the first book in a series of stories. Even if you don't appear any more in this book, I can assure you that you play a very important role in a later story. I might include you again as soon as the next Game Era story after the Endgame Prophecy is carried out.

"Ohoh! Thanks! All the better to turn your dream into a nightmare! Ahahahaha!" laughed the host.

"Hahahahaha!" I laughed along.

"I'm serious," said the host.

"Oh..." I responded.

"And that is all the time we have for, 'What's in Your Hearts?'! See you next time!"

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/26/2009 0:58:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/25/2008 20:42:48   
Cheddar

Chapter 11: The Hidden Skulls and the Transient Deathscythe

"The bomb is set. Now, all we have to do is wait."

Darcken Aren was a twenty year old Bandit, leader of the Hidden Skulls, a band of Thieves notorious for their large scale robberies of infamous banks and tight-security casinos. He had pale skin, blue eyes, and grey hair, and wore a mask over his lower face.

The Hidden Skulls were a generally high-tech group, split up into three main groups. These groups were Infantry Specialists, or Infanters, Heavy Mech Troops, and Psycors. The Infantry Specialists were the largest group, comprised essentially of Humans. They were skilled in close and medium ranged weaponry, most commonly using Shotguns and Grenades. The Heavy Mech Troops were the giant tank-like fighters of the group. They looked like metal giants with a person to work them from the inside of each one. They used brute strength, built-in Grenade Launchers, and Rocket Propelled Grenades to overpower their foes. The Psycors specialized in mental abilities gained from their natural high intelligence. They could use Psychic, Psychokinesis, Hypnosis, and Hydrokinesis by nature. Psycors were a distinct Race of Amphibious Sapiens, however, unlike Water Elves, they could swim in both fresh and salt Water at any given time.

Darcken’s elder brother, Drake, who had light skin, blue eyes, and straight, tall, light, brunet hair, was the mechanical specialist of the group. He was the one who created the Heavy Mech Suits with his Technomancy. Every member of the Hidden Skulls were trained to use basic Technomancy, especially the Heavy Mech Troops, who constantly utilized it in order to customize and repair their Heavy Mech Suits.

A unique feature about Darcken and Drake was that neither of them had pointed ears like most Humans, though they were raised just like any normal Human on Earth, aside from being teased often.

At this time Darcken and the Hidden Skulls were planning a heist of Unity City’s Unity Bank in the Kingdom of Daern.

"Three. Two. One." *Boom!* Drake’s bomb annihilated the bank, killing all of the Mongrels in the area.

"Go! Go! Go!" yelled one of the Infanters. Infanters went charging towards the safe. It was safe! The safe was made out of Mythril, which was protected from most fire and explosions.

"Hurry up, Drake. The other Mongrels will be here any minute." Darcken was very impatient. This was the Hidden Skulls' biggest heist in a long time.

"I got it!" Drake cracked the code to the safe. "Hurry up!"

"Let's get the Hartas!" said Darcken commanding his Heavy Mech Troops to load the money in their chasses.

"A squadron of the Cyclopes Swat is coming! They are about two acres away and closing," yelled an Infanter, who was keeping lookout.

"We'll have the Psycors take care of them," said Darcken, unworried with a menacing look on his face.

A group of Psycors came from Unity Lake, readying their attack on the Cyclopes. They prepared to use a Hydrokinetic Wave of streaming Water. The Cyclopes were within the half-acre.

"Attack!" said the leader of the group of Psycors. A tidal wave of the Water from Unity Lake washed away almost all of the Cyclopes. Only a few were still charging on.

A load of smoke grenades came from nowhere, blinding the troupe of Cyclopes. They were being knocked unconscious and stabbed several times by Infantry Specialists from the Hidden Skulls. The smoke faded away and most of the Hartas were being brought back to the Hidden Skull HQ.

"The 'special operatives' are gonna be coming," remarked Darcken, almost ready to leave. Out of seemingly no place in general, Ninja Goblins attacked the Infanters! Several Infanters were knocked out and only a few Goblins were killed.

"Send in the Mechs," said Drake into his walky talky. Several Heavy Mech Troops flew in from the headquarters under Swe Desert. They landed on several Ninjas, crushing their small, brittle bones. The Ninjas were ready to assault the Mechs, but the Heavy Mechs just gunned them to death. There were less than ten Goblins left all surrounded, back to back. The Grenade Launchers opened up and sent a humongous explosion into the circle of Ninja Goblins, annihilating the last of them.

While the Ninjas were being killed, Drake had a Heavy Mech pick him up and bring him back to the headquarters.

Now, the last of the Hartas was taken and they were headed back to the HQ. It was a pretty good heist; no problems, except for one. When Darcken realized it, it was too late. The last word Darcken said was, "Holy--" *Boom!* A bomb was put onto Darcken’s Inventory Cube, by a Ninja Goblin, which killed Darcken and all of his troops, excluding his Heavy Mechs and Drake, who were well out of the range of the explosion.

Darcken awoke in a dark, cold place with nobody around, laying on the ground. He got up and grumbled, "where am I?"

"You are in the Between, Darcken Aren," came the voice of a woman.

"Huh? Who is that?" he asked.

"Why, I am Transient." A beautiful woman wearing a blue Robe appeared before him. She had white, pupil-less eyes and neck-length blond hair. She held a green-glowing Scythe, shaped from a black, metal pole, a small skull, and what appeared to be a sharpened rib bone.

"Transient? Is that your name?" he asked.

"Yes. It is," she answered.

"And where is this Between of yours?" he asked.

"This is a Realm just between the four main Realms. This is where I and my siblings live. It is frozen in time, allowing for more time to be spent doing what we wish. This is typically also where my brother Judges Souls."

"Judges Souls?" asked Darcken. "Oh, right. I died. Are you here to reap my Soul?" he asked.

"Unfortunately for you, yes," answered Transient. "However, I have something to give you." Transient held out her Scythe.

Darcken took the Scythe and examined it. "Could I sell this on the black market?" asked Darcken.

"While I am sure that you can, perhaps for a decent price, you would get much greater use from it if you were to keep it. I assure you that the Deathscythe will help you much on your Journey."

"The Deathscythe, huh? Well, I will keep it with me, but if I get offered a good price for it by anyone, it's gone," stated Darcken.

"Very well. Any which way, it is time for us to part, Darcken Aren. Now, go to Hell," she said.

"Huh?" asked Darcken. Suddenly, some sort of trap door below him opened and he fell into a black abyss.

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 2/15/2009 22:45:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
7/27/2008 3:26:28   
Cheddar

Chapter 12: The Night of the Invasion

Rouge, Fred, and Lewkor were standing on the roof of the Inn. Below, they gazed upon the legions of the Neutrality's followers. Lewkor looked them over closely, then began his speech. "Tonight, the Good Side and the Evil Side shall fall. We will kill the Leaders and as many of their followers as we possibly can. To assist us, is my Undead army. As some of you may know, I have recently...come into possession of massive amounts of Magickal power, enhanced further by this Scythe, the Deathscythe. With my power, we shall be victorious this night. We shall start by ambushing the Good Side, then after we defeat Adam Seifer, we shall move to the Evil Base and decimate The Hacker and his followers."

"But how do you expect to get to the Good Base and then all the way over to the Evil Base in one night!?" asked one man in the crowd.

"Did I not mention that this Scythe has the power to open rifts in space?" Lewkor aimed the Scythe to the back of the crowd. The blade began to glow red and a large red beam was shot into the back of the crowd. Lewkor swung the Deathscythe and the rift opened up wide, making a humongous portal.

"Hurah!" yelled Fred.

"Hurah!" repeated nearly everyone in the crowd.

"To war!" yelled Lewkor, who jumped off the roof and into the portal. The rest of the Neutrality followed him.

After everyone was through the portal, it slowly closed.

"Hahahahaha...And, now...the time is upon us. My revenge on Adam Seifer and the Good Side." Lewkor slicked back his hair and put on his hood. "Adam Seifer...prepare thyself! This time, it shall be I who hands you your oblivion! And this time for real!" Lewkor gazed upon the Neutrality and announced, "allow me to demonstrate my Necromancy." Lewkor looked around and saw a surprisingly large amount of glowing ground throughout the area. "Deathscythe, why are there so many dead men here?"

The Deathscythe livened up. "Hahaha! Do you like it? Let us say this. The enemy of my enemy is your friend. Hahaha!"

"Very well. Now, please revive these Undead as Hollows," requested Lewkor.

"As you wish, my Agent." The Deathscythe opened its mouth and Souls came flying from all areas of Swe City. The ground seemed to shake after the Deathscythe closed its mouth and thousands of Hollows rose from the ground everywhere. They all approached Lewkor.

"Lewk, buddy. This is kinda creepy," said Fred. "The Undead and all."

"Do not ever call me Lewk, Fred. And do not act so weak. Fear is not for the strong," said Lewkor. "Now, one of my Undead minions. Go down there to let me determine if everyone is asleep."

One of Lewkor's Undead proceeded to descend the stairs into the Good Base. A short moment later, sounds of combat could be heard. It soon ended. "Undead don't just wander into a big city like this," came a voice from the base. A Guard ascended the flight of stairs. Upon seeing the army before him, his final words were, "oh, shi--" The army plowed through him and into the Good Base. Sounds of combat and fatality could be heard from all around.

"And now...It is time for me to make my entrance." Lewkor walked down, into the base. "Now, where might the Leader's quarters be?" Lewkor looked back and forth and decided to venture into the hallway down the center of the back wall. He had no trouble getting through, as all of the Guards and Soldiers were occupied with fighting the rest of the Neutrality and Lewkor's Undead. "Now, I would assume that the Leader's room is at the end of this hallway." Lewkor saw a door with an unlit room at the end. Lewkor quickly hid to the side of the doorway. Is he not awake? What should I do? Should I attempt to Assassinate him in his sleep? No way. There is no way he is asleep with all this noise.

"I know somebody is there. Have you come expecting to kill me? If so, then by all means, reveal yourself. Or perhaps you are a coward," came Adam's voice.

I cannot risk being defeated by him so quickly. I must send one of my Undead in. Wait...But all of my Undead are doing battle right now and there are no glowing spots here. I need to summon a minion of some sort.

"I said show yourself!" the lights in Adam's room turned on. In a moment of panic, Lewkor tore out his left eye. Blood dripped from his eye socket and the roots of his eye, which was now held in the palm of his right hand. Lewkor's hand glowed green. The eye suddenly began to float. It grew one thousand times its previous size and became a sort of monster. Lewkor sent it into the room to attack Adam. Suddenly, the eye went flying out of the room, then flattened, crimson blood pouring from it.

No way! I tore out my own eye, only to have it destroyed? And he is that powerful? What should I do? Lewkor began reaching for his right eye, but then stopped. No! That would be futile. I would lose all of my sight and it would likely be destroyed.

"You fool! Sacrificing your depth perception, only to have your efforts thwarted! Moron! Show yourself and fight me, face to face!"

"Very well, Adam Seifer," said Lewkor. Lewkor stepped into the doorway. Adam was standing on the opposite side of the room with his back facing Lewkor. "Remember me?"

Adam turned around to face Lewkor. "I'm afraid I don't," responded Adam. He did not recognize Lewkor because Lewkor now had different attire and his hair was slicked back.

"Well, then. Perhaps you will recognize me during this fight," responded Lewkor. Lewkor lifted his Deathscythe in front of him. "Ready yourself. Here I come." Lewkor began dashing at Adam.

What? thought Adam. That is the same Scythe that the Greater Gods were holding in the illustration I saw. Lewkor swung his Scythe at Adam. Adam simply grabbed the handle to block the attack. "Tell me. Where did you get that Scythe," said Lewkor.

"That is not of your concern. And why would you like to know?" Lewkor kicked Adam in the face, forcing Adam to let go of the Scythe.

"That is not of your concern," mocked Adam.

"Then I shall finish this quickly." Lewkor opened a portal that led to the back of Adam. Adam quickly charged toward the portal as Lewkor was entering. They each entered from opposite sides, appearing back-to-back. They each spun around to swing their Weapons at each other. Adam's Sword became caught on Lewkor's Scythe. They released their Weapons' locks on each other and jumped backwards.

"Deathscythe! Please, give me your strength! I need to win this fight! At my current strength, we are only even!" exclaimed Lewkor. He suddenly began to grow red. "Yes! This power! It feels...amazing!" Lewkor looked at his hands.

"What is this!?" demanded Adam. "Are you not a Necromancer!?"

"Oh, I am," Lewkor answered with a cackle.

"Then, why is Divine power flowing from your body!?" asked Adam.

"Divine power? Is this not Magick?" asked Lewkor.

"It is not!" responded Adam. "That is pure Divinity flowing from you! Tell me, now! Where did you get that Scythe!"

"Have I not told you!? It is not your business!" Lewkor tossed a Fireball at Adam. Adam dodged to the side and swung his Sword sideways at Lewkor. Lewkor ducked and attempted to trip Adam by swinging his foot at Adam's feet. Adam jumped backward. "Adam Seifer. It is time you remembered me. Perhaps you will remember this. Prepare thyself for oblivion...Nothing can resist my attack!" Lewkor held his hand up in front of him.

Suddenly, Adam felt an extreme jolting pain in his chest. "My Heart! Ergh! What are you doing!?"

"Attacking your Heart. Get it!? Heart attack! Ha!"

"Haha...It was so funny I forgot to laugh," said Adam, with an exhausted, sarcastic smile.

"Oh?" asked Lewkor. "But you just did."

"Shut up..." said Adam in pain.

Samantha suddenly ran in. "Adam! I took care of Rouge and her fat friend. The rest of--" Samantha paused as she saw Adam lying there, curled up in pain. "Adam! What's wrong!?"

"He...is...giving me a Heart attack. Lewkor..." said Adam.

"Ha! So you remembered my name! Good job! I would clap my hands, but as you know, I'm a bit busy."

"I will not survive, Samantha," responded Adam.

"What will happen?" Samantha asked. "Will you be logged out?"

"No..." answered Adam. "This is...probably my end."

Tears began to appear in Samantha's eyes when she heard this response. "Then. What will happen? Will I ever see you again?" she asked.

"You will," Adam responded. "Meet me...at..."

"I am out of here," said Lewkor, who proceeded to leave with a wave of the hand.

"Samantha...meet me at...October Island..."

Meanwhile, Lewkor proceeded down the hallway, back to the scene of the battle. Rouge and Fred were tied together, back to back, sitting on two chairs, with their mouths covered by towels. Lewkor sighed in relief to see they weren't injured. He walked over and untied them.

"Zare!" Rouge immediately hugged him. Lewkor hugged her back. Rouge inspected his missing eye. "Zare! What happened to your eye!?" she asked. "Can your Biomancy fix it!?" she asked.

Lewkor shook his head. "No. I cannot make artificial body parts yet."

"I can assist you," said a blond man about Lewkor's age with a rat tail hair style, which was like a small ponytail. He wore a long, red cloak, with an opening in the front for him to put his arms through. "I am a Heaven Priest, and thus, have advanced Healing powers. I can Heal your friend's wound and give him a glass eye."

"But you won't be able to restore his sight?" asked Rouge.

"No. I apologize. Artificial body parts are the matter of technology and Biomancy."

"Very well. Do what you must do," said Lewkor.

"Well, then," said the man. "I suppose I shall." The man put his hand over Lewkor's eye. "The Greater God, Heaven. Give me your virtue. Let me Heal this wound." His hand glowed for a short period and then he pulled it away. "And here is your glass eye." The man popped the glass eye in Lewkor's eye socket, then straightened it out.

"Thank you," said Lewkor. "I appreciate it. What was your name again?"

"I am Matthew Dauz. I do not have a game nick. I am part of your Neutrality."

"Matthew Dauz?" asked Rouge. "I don't remember signing you up. Maybe Leo signed him up."

"Anyway..." Lewkor looked around the room. All of the Good Side members were dead. The remaining Neutrality members were himself, Rouge, Fred, Leo, Jake, Matt, Narusuke, and Matthew. "There is no way we can defeat the Evil Side. Let's head back to Dome City, everyone."

Most of the Neutrality ran ahead to Dome City. Lewkor and Rouge were leisurely walking there across Giant Field. "Zare. How have you gone through so many physical changes in the past few months? First your bottom eyelids turn red, then you lose your eye color, now you lose an eye and glow red. Were it not for your personality still being the Zare I know, I would think you were someone completely different," said Rouge.

"Yes. At least I am the same person on the inside," he said.

The sun was just beginning to rise. Lewkor spotted a bench and a light post alongside the brick path that Rouge and Lewkor had been walking on.

"Rouge. Have you ever seen a sunrise on Hearts?" asked Lewkor.

"As a matter of fact, I haven't," she said.

"Then, let us sit and watch one together," he said.

"Let us." Rouge smiled. They sat down on the bench next to each other.

Lewkor took off his hood. Rouge leaned her head on his Lewkor's shoulder. As the sun was about halfway up the horizon, Lewkor said, "Rouge...Thank you..." He felt as though something was forcing him to say these words.

"But...for what?" she asked.

Lewkor took a deep breath. "Rouge. I...I...lov--" He was cut off.

"Hey! You! Give me your Deathscythe!" came a female's voice.

"Huh?" asked Lewkor, who stood up and looked around.

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 2/15/2009 22:46:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
8/20/2008 15:27:58   
Cheddar

Chapter 13: Deformed Darcken, Burning Rose

Rose was strolling through the Giant Field early in the morning, taking a breath of fresh air. It was just about sunrise, as Rose was walking on the brick path that led from Dome City to Swe City. "If only there was another way to get a Deathscythe," she said. "I will never complete any of Hell's tasks and he won't let me just not do them." Rose sighed deeply. As the sun had just begun to rise, Rose saw a red glow under a light pole in the distance along the path. "What is that?" she asked. As she approached closer, she could make out two people sitting on a bench. One was a boy with spiky, red hair and a black robe and the other was a girl with long, brunet hair and leather armor. The girl was leaning on the boy's shoulder. The red glow appeared to be coming from the boy, like some kind of aura. Upon further approach, Rose was amazed to find that her wish had come true. On the boy's back was a Deathscythe, glowing red, just like Hell's. "Can this possibly be? Another Deathscythe?" As Rose got close to them, she exclaimed, "hey! you! Give me your Deathscythe!"

"Huh?" The boy jumped up and looked around. He spotted Rose. The girl stood up next to the boy.

"You heard me! Give me that Deathscythe," repeated Rose.

"Who are you to demand this all-powerful weapon from me?" demanded the boy.

"Hrm..." Rose paused and walked up to the boy. She looked him kindly in the eyes and asked in a flirtatious manner, "please. Would you please give me your Deathscythe?" She then hugged him and slid down, wrapping her arms around his legs.

"What? Get off of me!" the boy struggled to get one of his legs free and then kicked Rose away.

"What a tramp," said the girl.

"What is a tramp?" asked the boy.

"Nevermind that," responded the girl.

Rose got up. "It looks like I will have to do this the hard way." Rose began to make a Fireball in her hand.

As she was about to launch it at the boy, Hell's voice boomed throughout the area. "Stop that this instant, you moron!"

"What!?" Rose made her Fireball disappear. "What do you mean, stop it? You want me to have a Deathscythe, so I am taking a Deathscythe."

"I want you to have my Deathscythe, not your ally's."

"My ally!? Explain yourself, Hell!"

"You, as my Agent, are one of the two Greater Evils. The other Greater Evil is Eternal's Agent, and that boy there, Zare Lewkor, or Lewkor as he prefers to be called, is Eternal's Agent. The other Greater Evil."

"I see. Then, in that case, teleport me back to the Between. I have some things I would like to ask you."

"Very well."

Rose suddenly disappeared in a burst of flame.

"What was that all about?" asked Rouge.

"Two Deathscythes?" asked Lewkor. "I have some questions of my own that need to be answered."

Rose appeared in the Between standing in front of Hell. "What do you mean my ally!?" she demanded.

"Tsk, tsk. You should have known," responded Hell, wagging his finger from side to side.

"Known what? How was I to tell that he is my so-called ally?"

"The aura of his Deathscythe should immediately have given away that he was a Greater Evil. Eternal's Deathscythe and my own both emanate a red glow, where as my sisters' Deathscythes emit a green glow."

"What exactly do the glows mean?" asked Rose.

"Hmmm...to explain this, I must start from the beginning. Long ago, my parents, the Creator and the Destroyer, were sealed away in stone. My Father Created the Evil Deathscythes and my Mother Created the Good Deathscythes. Being that Eternal and I were Creations of my Father, we received the Evil Deathscythes, whereas Heaven and Transient, being Creations of my Mother, were given the Good Deathscythes. Calling the Deathscythes Good and Evil is not altogether accurate, as the goal of both the Greater Goods and the Greater Evils are noble. However, I definately side with the goal I was assigned to by the Destroyer. Anyway, originally these Scythes were indistinguishable from eachother to anyone aside from those who could sense Divine energy. When Magick was introduced to the Multiverse, my brother, my sisters, and I learned to utilize Magick and each sealed specialized types of Wizardry within the Deathscythes. In the Evil Scythes was Ectomancy and in the Good Scythes was Biomancy. The Scythes' Magick can be used by their Deity owner, their Agent, or can act automatically if they sense the Agent is in danger of Death or even Destruction."

"Oh. I get it. So that means that red is Ectomancy and green is Biomancy."

"That is correct. Though, I doubt you could learn to use Ectomancy were you given my Deathscythe. It is far more likely that the Ectomancy would activate automatically to save your pitiful Life."

"You are so mean, Hell," said Rose grumpily. "Anyway, this Lewkor boy is my ally?"

"That is correct. Feel free to flirt with him after the Prophecy is completed."

"I don't prefer to go out with younger guys," responded Rose. She thought a moment. "Wait. You didn't mention a Prophecy before. What do you mean?"

"In time, dear. In time," responded Hell.

"I don't like waiting."

Suddenly, a figure in a black robe with red trim appeard in the shadows of the Between. "Hell. You have a visitor. Transient just sent the Soul of her Agent to your Reality. Do you have a plan for him?"

"Ah, so he has finally died," said Hell. "Very well. Rose, you have another chance to claim my Deathscythe. Go and take care of Transient's Agent. You may Destroy him if you wish."

"Very wel--" Rose began, but was cut off by Eternal.

"Are you mad!? If he is Destroyed, then the Prophecy can only potentially be half-way fulfilled. Father will only be revived with half strength. That is hardly more powerful than you and I together. Do you intend to ruin Father's plan?"

"Oh, but brother, you know I always have my own agenda. I, as a matter of fact, have my own plan. Heheheh."

"I am telling Father when he is freed! You are in so much trouble!" exclaimed Eternal.

"Fine, fine. I will behave," mumbeled Hell.

"It is always the youngest, isn't it?" taunted Eternal.

"I may be the youngest of the Greater Gods, but at least I was not the last Created! Heaven is the troublemaker!" exclaimed Hell.

"Oh, isn't it true?" said Eternal. "And that obnoxious Transient."

"Girls..." they both said at the same time.

"Hey, guys. Sorry to interrupt your little family discussion, but should I go out there and kill that guy, or what?" interrupted Rose.

"Ah. Right. Your task is to test him, Rose. Simply fight him. I am certain he will defeat you, so you may fight your hardest," said Hell.

"Certain he will beat me? Will that's a damn lot of confidence in my strength. Just open the portal. I'll prove you wrong," stated Rose.

"Very well." Hell opened a wormhole to a location near Transient's Agent.

Rose stepped in and appeared in an area of the Hell Reality filled with Fire and brimstone. "This is just like I imagined it would be," she said. Anyway, where is this guy that I am looking for? I could try to steal his Deathscythe, I am sure, since he is not my ally." Rose looked around and spotted a large group of men walking around, mixed in with some strange, scaly Humanoids. The one leading the group wore a mask and had hair covering the left side of his face. His skin was pale and he had grey hair. In his hand was a Deathscythe that glowed green. "Hey you! Give me your Deathscythe!"

Darcken and the rest of the Hidden Skulls had been wandering the Hell Reality for nearly a day. The entire gang of Bandits had grown bat-like wings, as they were now Fallen Angels. "Yo, Darcken!" exclaimed Richey, one of Darcken's more loyal Infanters. "Why we wanderin' 'round this Realm of Fire and brimstone for a day? You said you know a way out of here."

"How many times must I explain this to you embeclies!? We are going to the location of the Demon Gates of Hell in order to return to the Eternal Reality as fully Living beings," explained Darcken.

"Darcken, where are the Demon Gates and what are they?" asked Rickey, Richey's younger brother.

"They are located in the center of the Dodeci Islands, known as the Twelve Doom Stones in this Reality. While the Dodeci Islands are actually quite large in the other three Realities, this world's version is only a group of small stones, sustained in the Molten Sea, only by Magick. As for what the Demon Gates are, they are Magick Portals, supposedly made by ancient Greater Demons, that lead from one Reality to any of the other three, while still keeping your normal form in the eyes of everyone."

"Yo Darcken!"

"What is it now, Richey?" asked Darcken.

"How you know so much if this game only been out for a little over eight months?"

"Blame Drake," responded Darcken.

"Oh, I get it. So that's how it is," said Richey.

"That is indeed how it is, Richey," said Rickey.

"Hey you! Give me your Deathscythe!" came a woman's voice from nearby. Darcken turned to see a blond-haired woman wearing a red top, a black miniskirt, and silver high heels standing before him. She also had strange, red, tentacle-like wings that eminated light.

"And who the Hell are you to demand this!??" asked Darcken.

"I am Hell's Agent, Rose White! Now, give me that Scythe!" she demanded.

"No! Screw off!" said Darcken.

'This guy is acting like that Lewkor boy. How can you say no to me of all people,' thought Rose. She walked in front of him. "Would you please let me have the Scythe? It would mean so much to me. If you gave it to me, we could go back to my place and have some fun if you did."

"I told you, already. Go away. You are not getting this Scythe," he repeated.

"Very well." Rose stepped back. "Then we will do this the hard way!"

Rose began to generate a Fireball in her right hand. As she was creating it, Darcken caught her wrist and pulled it upward, forcing her to dissipate the attack. "You do not think you could launch a Fireball at me that easily, do you?"

"Actually, I do!" Rose formed another Fireball in her left hand and thrust it toward Darcken. Darcken simply smacked her hand out of the way. "What!?"

"All too easy," taunted Darcken.

"Shut up!" Rose sent a burst of heat from her Body, burning Darcken's palm.

"Gah!" Darcken let go, unwrapped his mask and blew on his wound.

To Rose's astonishment, his face was severely disfigured, with scars, deformities, discoloration, missing pieces of flesh, and other such abnormalities in his lower face. "What happened!? You look hideous!" she exclaimed.

"Who? Me? Well, you aren't so perfect either," taunted Darcken, rewrapping his face.

Rose scowled at his remark. "You have no taste in women whatsoever."

"Shall we begin our fight now? You may be a Pyromantress, but you are just too cold," stated Darcken.

"Was that honestly supposed to be an insult?" questioned Rose. "Whatever. I am just getting warmed up!"

"Ha! Heat puns!" yelled an Infanter. "Hey, guys. Should we help Darcken?"

"I am not so fond of the Heat. I am cool as is," responded a blue Psycor.

"But we have been here for nearly a day," responded a green Psycor. "How much worse could it get? Chill, man."

"I suppose you are right. We must help Darcken. Charge, everyone!" All of the Hidden Skulls began charging at Rose. Suddenly, a wall of flame burst up, encircling Rose and Darcken and blocking the Hidden Skulls.

"What just happened? Blurgh!" questioned a strange, Orange Psycor.

Hell's voice echoed from all around. "There will be no interference during this duel. I wish to measure Rose's strength against one of her foes. We shall see the results."

"In that case, this will be easy." Rose grinned. "I'll take that Deathscythe from you no matter what. Even if I have to tear it from your cold, dead hands." Rose formed a Fireball in her right hand and shot it toward Darcken. Darcken, jumped to the side, leaving the heat to blaze by him. Darcken swiftly typed in a few keys on his Inventory Cube, and out came a Rapier, which he grabbed before its descent to the ground.

"En garde..." said Darcken in a joking voice. Darcken proceeded to lunge at Rose with his Rapier. Rose dodged the first blow. Darcken swung it at her from the side, which made a soft whistling noise. Rose jumped to avoid Darcken's attack, but her wings began to carry her upward.

"Huh? I didn't mean to do that. How do I even control these wings?" Rose had a hard time balancing in the air, but her wings kept her suspended.

"Still a newbie with your wings, I see. I have already mastered mine." Darcken jumpd upward and began flapping his wings. Darcken tipped himself forward, gliding at Rose, Rapier in front of him. Rose just barely budged out of the way.

Rose thought of how she might be able to use her wings. She wanted to get some distance between her and Darcken. Suddenly, her wings carried her backwards, away from Darcken. "Oh, now I get it," she said to herself. Rose generated two Fireballs and launched them both at Darcken. They launched, swirling around eachother, then repelling each other. They then converged on Darcken. Darcken triede to avoid one, but as the first whirred by him, the second combusted on impact to his back. He fell to the ground, dropping his Rapier. Rose flew down to him. "And now, I take your Scythe." Rose began generating a Fireball in her hand. As she did this, Darcken quickly typed in a few keys on his Inventory Cube. The hatch opened and Electricity shot out, shocking Rose, knocking her backwards and frizzing her hair a bit. "What was that!?" yelled Rose.

"A little trick that Drake tought me." Darcken's misshapen mouth smirked.

"I would like to drag this brawl out more, but I have things to do and people to do." Rose held her right hand up. A fireball began to form, but then raw power was absorbed from the hot Air into the Fireball. The Fireball grew in size until it was humongous. Rose had formed a Hell Fireball. She launched the massive ball of flame at Darcken, who tried to fly away, but could not escape its gargantuan area. He was engulfed in the flame. The Hell Fireball exploded and, in the explosion, Rose could see a bright flash of green where Darcken was. Through the smoke, Rose could see Darcken's body collapse. Rose walked through the smoke to where Darcken's body landed. All that remained of the former Darcken was his in-tact skeleton, a few singed chunks of flesh, scraps of burnt clothing, his Inventory Cube, and the Deathscythe, which was grasped tightly in the corpse's hand. "And now, I take my prize." Rose grabbed the Deathscythe, which was glowing a faint green. As she picked it up, the skeletal remains of Darcken did not let go. "What?"

"Go ahead." Darcken's remains stood up and pulled the Scythe to his ribs. "Take it from my cold, dead hands..."

"Eek!" Rose screamed and jumped backwards, letting go of her grasp on the Scythe.

"Afraid, I see. Not so tough in the face of a would-be dead man talking, huh?" mocked Darcken.

"H-how are you still alive!?" demanded Rose. "You are reduced to nothing."

"Apparently there was enough of me for this Scythe to keep me alive. Now, prepare for nonexistance."

"Enough!" boomed Hell's voice. The wall of Fire lowered. The Hidden Skulls began charging toward Rose, but Hell repeated himself, saying, "I have seen enough here! Were this fight to ensue, Rose would surely be killed. I applaud you, Darcken." Hell suddenly appeared through a portal between Rose and Darcken. "As for you, my little hussy, you seem to have failed again. And this time against one of your foes. Oh well. Regardless, I did not wish for you to succeed. Come, the both of you, to the Between, my domain. You may bring your friends, too, Darcken," said Hell, entering the portal. Rose followed close behind. Darcken gestured at the Hidden Skulls to follow him into the portal.

As they arrived in the Between, Darcken noticed the Hidden Skulls whispering about him. "Is that really the boss?"

"He looks different," said Richey.

"What happened, I wonder," said Johnny.

"Darcken scares me," added Nicky.

"Soda pop! Delicious!" exclaimed someone Darcken did not recognize.

'Did I look any less strange before?' wondered Darcken.

Hell made a dark red armchair appear for himself to sit on. "So, Darcken. I would like to offer you this. Become my loyal servant, and you shall be granted immense power."

"I am not the guy that does other peoples' dirty work. I am the guy that gets the guys that do other peoples' dirty work to do my dirty work."

"I see...I see...Well, you need not decide now," said Hell.

"But I just said no."

"I will give you three days to make your decision," continued Hell.

"Seriously. I just said no!" repeated Darcken.

"So, you are free to do anything in my 'lovely' Realm until you decide."

"Are you even listening to me? Say it with me. NO!"

Hell continued to ignore Darcken. "I am sure you will see it my way. But be warned, if you choose not to serve me, I will Destroy your Soul, and your recently Created new Body."

"Well, now you tell me," mumbled Darcken.

"You may leave, now." Hell reopened a portal to the Hell Reality version of Swe. Darcken and the Hidden Skulls exited the Between to the Hell Reality.

As the portal closed, Rose asked Hell, "do you really intend to keep Darcken in the Hell Reality as your servant? After all, why would you need a servant other than me?"

"Of course I do not. That would be denying him his destiny. He must escape my Reality and realize his inherited ability."

"His...inherited ability?" asked Rose.

"Of course. He and his brother are both members of the lineage nearly killed off by The Interferers."

"The Interferers?"

"All in time, my strumpet. Oh, and Rose." Hell grinned.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"You admitted that you are my servant."

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 12/2/2008 23:58:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
9/20/2008 0:59:43   
Cheddar

Chapter 14: The Heaven Deathscythe and October Island

Adam began to wake up. A chill went down his spine, forcing him to open his eyes. He was in a cold, pitch-black void where the only visible thing was himself. "W-where am I?"

"You are in the Between, my home," came a soft, feminine voice from behind Adam. As Adam swung around to see who it is, he found the woman in the illustration from the book he had read so many months ago standing before him. He was face-to-face with Heaven, herself. "Is something wrong? You seem surprised to see me." Heaven had beautiful, golden locks of hair hanging to the middle of her back. Her soft, radiant skin was flawless. Her eyes glowed a soft blue, as did her halo and tentacle-like wings. Her robe which looked more like a dress, was almost completely blue, dotted with pearls around the neck, sleeves, belt, and bottom. In her hand was the mysterious Scythe he had seen in her illustration. It looked exactly like Lewkor's, aside from the fact that it emitted green light.

"No. It's just...I saw an illustration of you in a book about this world's religion. You were holding the same Scythe too..." responded Adam. She is much more elegant in person than in her illustration, he thought.

"Yes. This Scythe is called the Deathscythe. The reason that you are speaking to me this instant, rather than Eternal, is because you were chosen to be my Agent, my Greater Good, and hold this Deathscythe," explained Heaven. "And by the way, I can hear your thoughts. Thank you for the complement."

"Y-you can hear what I think? Oh, anyway, why have you selected me to hold your Deathscythe?" asked Adam.

"Well..." Heaven thought a moment, then said, "there are several reasons. First, my original choice is already a member of a Chosen Four. He would be Yin-Yang Angel, or Chung Yan. Secondly, I know that my destiny is tied to yours. Also, you are Zare Lewkor's rival, and Lewkor is one of the Greater Evils, the Agent of Eternal."

"So, that means that Lewkor is my enemy. He is on the side of Uncreation..." said Adam.

"That is correct. Zare Lewkor, he who defies fate, has been chosen to be the Agent of Apolysis, the God of Destruction, my father."

"He who defies fate?" asked Adam.

"Yes. He, along with three others who recently arrived in this Multiverse, shows signs of Godhood. Whichever Universe he is in cannot split into seperate Universes, because Lewkor's nature is to defy fate. He is either a God, someone from a Universe that has no such thing as fate, or something even further beyond the realm of understanding."

"So, you are saying that I may end up fighting a God!?" exclaimed Adam.

"Lewkor has lost his memory since he arrived here, so it is unlikely that he will remember his past. However...something interesting that I noticed upon his arrival was that The Interferers were interested in his arrival, and the others'."

"Wait. So, who are The Interferers?" questioned Adam.

"Oh, but it seems I am rambling. I would chatter on forever beyond your realm of comprehension were I to continue." Heaven sighed.

"No. I am very interested. Please, by all means, tell me more," said Adam.

"I would, but my business is to give you my Deathscythe and bring you to my Reality. So, let us be gone." Heaven snapped her fingers and Adam and Heaven appeared in a large field, next to a fountain. "This is my version of where you died."

"Wait. So, I am dead now?" asked Adam.

"Yes. And if you would take time to notice, you have wings and a halo, too." Heaven smiled softly.

Adam looked backwards, either way, to see two wings identical to Heaven's and a halo, also identical to Heaven's. "Wait. These aren't normal Angel wings. Why do I have these wings?" asked Adam.

"That is because I decided to save you the exhausting process of becoming an ArchAngel from an Angel, which surely would have ended up the case eventually, and made you an ArchAngel from the start," answered Heaven.

"So, does that mean you are an ArchAngel, too?" asked Adam.

"No. I only decided to make myself appear like this to appeal to Humans, rather than my previous look, which was that of an Orc. I can look any way that I will," she explained.

"I see..." Adam thought about this for a moment.

"Yes. Any way..." she said.

"Uh...No...I wasn't thinking like that," said Adam.

"Remember. I can read your thoughts." Heaven giggled at Adam's embarrassment. "Anyway, will you accept my Deathscythe as your own?" Heaven held the strange Scythe out.

"Definately." Adam grabbed the Deathscythe from her.

"Good. Now, enjoy your stay in my Reality. If you wish to see me again, I can usually be contacted by calling out my name by the Demon Gates."

"Very well," responded Adam as Heaven disappeared.

Ada arrived in Swe City. After getting off of the train, he walked over to the Good Base, ready for the final battle, that day. He knew he was late, but he could catch up to the rest of the army later. He descended the staircase to the base, and, to his astonishment, the floor was covered with corpses. There was only a few living people. Samantha and some Guards and Soldiers who likely logged in after the slaughter. "Hey! Samantha! What happened here!?" demanded Ada.

"The...the Neutrality happened. We killed most of them. Only a few were left in the end." Samantha could hardly pull her words together. She seemed very devistated.

"Why are you talkin' all strange-like?" asked Ada.

"Ada...Adam's...Adam is dead..." Samantha wiped a tear from her face.

"What!? Who killed him!?"

"A Necromancer named Lewkor killed Adam..." grumbled Samantha.

"N-no way. L-Lewkor!?" demanded Ada. "The same Lewkor that wanted to be a Paladin just nine months ago!?"

"Y-you know him?" asked Samantha.

"Yeah. I do. I think that it is about time for a reunion, too. But before that, did Adam say anything to you before he died?"

Meanwhile, in Dome City, Lewkor spoke to his Deathscythe. "Deathscythe, what should I do now? Most of the Neutrality is dead, and I have no power left to defeat the Evil Side. What should I do?"

The Scythe livened up. "Ah. It is completely fine that you didn't get rid of the Evil Side. Anyway, I have a new task for you. But to accomplish this task, you must go to October Island."

"What is your task?" asked Lewkor.

"All will become clear in time. However, I will not reveal anything unless you do as I say," explained the Deathscythe.

"Very well. Then I believe..."

"Yes. He did. He said that he would come back and meet me. He said to meet him at October Island," Samantha answered.

"Then, I guess that means we are headed to..."

"We are going to..." continued Lewkor.

"OCTOBER ISLAND!"

"WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/15/2009 0:06:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
10/3/2008 0:18:39   
Cheddar

Chapter 15: Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Sea of Flame

"Yo, Darcken," said Richey. Darcken ignored him. "Yo. Darcken?" Darcken just stood there. "YO DARCKEN!"

"WHAT!? Can't you see I am busy?" Darcken stood there a moment and continued to do nothing.

"Yo, Darcken, what are we gonna do 'bout Hell's proposition for you?" asked Richey.

"Avoid it at all costs," answered Darcken. "I serve nobody and everybody serves me."

Rickey joined the conversation, "Darcken, do you have a plan at all? I mean, when you're Dead, you're Dead and there is no going back. And Hell rules over this entire Plane of Existence."

"Not necessarily..." said Darcken.

"Hell doesn't rule over this Plane of Existence?" asked Rickey.

"No, I mean about the not being able to go back to Life," responded Darcken. He stood up and yelled out to the Hidden Skulls, "has anyone here heard of the Demon Gates?"

Silence.

A few moments passed before someone Darcken did not recognize shouted, "Ooh! I have!"

"Who is that? You, in the back, stand up tall so I can see you!" demanded Darcken.

" 'Kay..." The boy in the back stood up. He was a young adult with messy, brunet hair. He wore a red tuxedo, a purple tie, and a silver chain around his kneck.

"Who are you? I have never seen you before," said Darcken.

"Oh, me? I'm Cheddar," I said.

"Cheddar? What kind of name is that?" asked Darcken.

"It's my kind of name," I said.

"Well, tell me, Cheddar, what do you know about the Demon Gates?" asked Darcken.

"Well, they lead from one Reality to the other three," I said.

"Yes, yes, but do you know where they are?" questioned Darcken.

"Well, duh. I sort of made them up in the first place. Anyway, if you keep going East from here, you will hit them. First, you'll past the Isle of Despair, then Agony Island, next you will pass the Nightmare Labyrinth, and lastly the Island of Happiness and Peace before getting to this world's version of the Dodeci Islands."

"Well, thanks for the info. Are you gonna come with us?" asked Darcken.

"Pfft! No way! I'm all dressed up for Lost Vegas! I just popped into the wrong timeframe when I appeared here. Anyway, don't have time to chat. See you in book two." As soon as Cheddar appeared, he popped out of sight.

"Well, that was strange, blurgh!" said a blue Psycor.

"Quite, gurgle!" said a yellow one.

"Anyway! Off to the Demon Gates we go!" said Darcken.

~

Darcken searched the coastline of Hell's version of Swe for a place where he could "rent" a boat that could sale across the sea of flame.

"Yo, Darcken!" yelled Richey.

"What, now, Richey?" asked Darcken.

"Why don't we just fly? We got bat wings now," he said.

"First, because we would tire after flying such a long distance, and second, because it is always a good plot device to have an epic journey across a sea of fire where several crew members die and NEVER EVER come back...obviously," answered Darcken.

"Oh..." said Rickey.

After over an hour of searching, they stumbled upon a large, stone hut which had several small ships leaned upon it. "Let me handle this," said a blue Psycor. "I speak Seafarer." The Psycor walked up and walked around, inspecting the ground closely. He picked up a stone and threw it at the house. He then went to observing the boats.

A young-looking Fallen Angel walked out of the door of the old shack and looked at the group, then at the Psycor in the front, who was looking at the boats. "You looking for a boat?" asked the man, who's hair was short, straight, and dark blue.

"Indeed. I certainly am...Might this be the place to purchase the rights to borrow a sea-worthy vessel?" questioned the Psycor.

"Uhh...You want a boat?" asked the Fallen Angel.

"Yeah. We want one of your boats," confirmed Darcken, as he walked forward, in front of the Psycor. "And..." Darcken pulled a gun from his Inventory Cube. "You are going to give one to us, without a fight."

"No prob, man. They're rental cost is exactly zero Harta an hour, anyway."

"Oh, thanks." Darcken began to walk over to one of the boats leaning on the hut.

"But..." The Fallen Angel stepped in front of Darcken. "I don't like being threatened." He somehow spawned a rifle from his own Soul.

"Skulls..." said Darcken. All of the Hidden Skulls that were with him pulled out their weapons.

"Boys..." said the Fallen Angel. Dozens of other Fallen Angels stormed out of the building abruptly, all holding guns.

"...SKULLS! ATTACK!" yelled Darcken.

"Blurgh!" yelled a Psycor.

Weapons blazing, the Hidden Skulls and the Fallen Angel's pals were at war with one another. There were deaths left and right. Being amphibious creatures, the Psycor were very vulnerable, because they were weakened by the immense heat of the Hell Reality. After several moments of fighting, Richey stopped firing his gun and just stood where he was, looking at the ground. "No..." he said.

"What is it now, Richey?" asked Darcken.

"No...No! No! No! They couldn't have! Rickey!" Richey was looking at the body of a dead Infanter on the ground. "THEY KILLED MY BROTHER! DAMN THEM! THEY'RE GONNA PAY FOR THIS! YOU BET ON IT!" Richey pulled a rocket launcher from his Inventory Cube, and yelled, "out of the way, Skulls! That man killed my brother!" there was a panic among the fighters, trying to escape as Richey launched his rocket. It exploded in the middle of the crowd, not only Destroying the enemy, but several Hidden Skulls as well.

"Agh..." Rickey got up off the ground, rubbing his head. "That really hurt. Since when do you bring a mace to a gun fight?"

There was a pause in the fighting and all was silent. Everyone was looking at either Richey or Rickey. "Did I do something wrong?" asked Richey.

Darcken walked up to Richey and put his boney hand on Richey's shoulder. "Well, you've done it again, you lovable imbecile. You won the fight for us because of a misunderstanding." Suddenly, everyone, even the enemy started to laugh, holding hands, pushing each other around playfully, pointing at one another, cracking jokes about the situation, then Darcken, while also laughing aimed his gun at the enemy's leader and shot him in the head. Then, there was silence. The Fallen Angels stared at Darcken with an angry look. Then, one started cracking up and they all burst into laughter again, in the same fashion as before.

After the laughter was good and done with, the Fallen Angels helped Darcken get the boat into the sea of flame. They decided to join Darcken in the cramped boat on his journey to escape the Hell Reality. They had told Darcken that they, "found it really uncomfortable living there." They said, "this is a punishment that only Evil people should receive." They proceeded to explain that, "we didn't do anything wrong. We attempted to gather a racial supremacist group to try to commit a large-scale genocide, but failed, so we must be good, right?"

~

The boat was incredibly fast. After travelling for less than an hour, the party arrived at the Isle of Agony where one of the newly recruited members had to make a pit stop. "Hurry the Hell up!" said Darcken.

"Just a little longer!" yelled Jermiah, from behind the trees, which were burnt to a crisp.

Suddenly, loud banging, like that of metal on metal, could be heard from where Jeremiah was. "What do you think you are doing back there!?" yelled Darcken in response. Darcken's impatience was getting the better of him.

"No need to worry. I am almost finished." For a few more minutes, Jeremiah's banging could be heard. Suddenly, the readying of an engine could be heard. Jeremiah flew up from behind the trees on a hoverboard and laughed. He zoomed past the Skulls' ship and yelled, "see ya, suckers!"

"How'd he build that in such a short time, blurgh?" wondered Blurgh the Psycor. He jumped out and went behind the trees. There was no obvious sign of any materials he could have used to build a hover board. "Eww, blurgh! I stepped in his urine! Blurgh!"

Next stop, Agony Island!

Postscript: To anybody who happens to come by this, I would like to explain that I am no longer writing this book here on the BattleOn forums. Since I stopped writing it here, I have since finished it and rewritten it numerous times. I am now planning my final rewrite of the story (don't worry, I pay much more attention to grammar these days). There will be significant changes to the story. If you happen to be curious about it, feel free to email me at cheddar1@live.com.

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 8/11/2014 3:31:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Endgame
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition