Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 28 - A Study of Real Estate (Circe)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 28 - A Study of Real Estate (Circe)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/23/2008 11:14:48   
Maegwyn

A Study of Real Estate
By Circe

The real estate market in DragonFable is booming! Following the button in Falconreach transports you to a plot of land to call your very own. From there you have several options, including to go to your house and to visit other houses by ID. First things first: you have to buy your own house.

There are currently three options for housing in DF: Hamelin, Villager, and Gothic. Once you're done, you can click the button to "go to my house" and from there, you can look at your new home and buy items to fill it with! Cysero's Orb offers two sets of shops - one for gold and one for Dragon Coins - and each set contains six categories: Stuff, Wall Items, Windows, Columns, Floors and Locations.

Both "stuff" options include just what the name implies: stuff. In that shop you can buy beds, tables, bookshelves, and other paraphernalia to decorate your house with. The Wall Items shop includes banners and pictures and mirrors, things that hang on the wall to spruce up the ambience in your house. Lanterns and candles are also contained within that shop. Windows and Locations go together. If you select, say, the Osprey Cove location, it would be odd to have the view outside your window be of the swamp or Amityvale. Columns and Floors further accentuate the look and tone of your house. Columns can be ornate or simple, and floors provide patterns that represent different 'feels' - your house could have the floors from the Guardian Tower or the Sandsea!

To give you a cohesive idea of how the housing can come together, my house is simple, decorated in my taste and designed to represent my mage's interests. It's a Gothic style house located in Doomwood, with two Gothic windows and one Magic banner, equipped granite floors. The first room is sort of a living area, with a big red couch and the Dragon Fireplace equipped. The second room is more of a study, with a bookshelf, the Mage table, and an elf tree. That room is where the banner hangs. The third room contains a bed, a dresser and an end table with roses.

Overall, the new housing is wonderful! It provides you will the opportunity to customize your property in a way that suits you. If you're a pirate, put your house in Osprey Cove with Pirate windows to match. If you're a rogue, there's a plaque located in Wall Items that might suit your taste. Do you really like Xan? Locating your house in the Lava Lakes and equipping the fiery columns will help show your Pyromancer pride. The housing is another way to show your unique tastes and interests, as well as to create a fun place for your character to visit!

The items for sale are both fun and practical - the dragon bed looks cute, and the pets are great! And the ability to select different items based on the theme is very neat. A regular couch or a necromancer's couch decorated with skulls and bones depending on your taste, for example. And the pricing is reasonable, except for one item. Cysero's Left Sock. Five hundred Dragon Coins for a sock? And a sock that you can't even wear, but is enclosed in some kind of magical force field, presumably to contain the stench? I ask you adventurers of Falconreach: what's wrong with you? I'd pay twice that.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 28 - A Study of Real Estate (Circe)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition