Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Drarai Chronicles: Glossary

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Drarai Chronicles: Glossary
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/2/2008 19:56:05   
MiraG3

Drarai Chronicles: #1
Genre: Fantasy/Action
Content: Violence, Gore; Reader Discretion Advised.

Comments: Thread I
Story: Here
Other Insights: Here

Table of Contents

Prologue: Elrohir's Oath
Chapter I:
Chapter II:
Chapter III:
Chapter IV:
Chapter V:
Chapter VI:
Chapter VII:
Chapter VIII:
Chapter IX:
Chapter X:

Key

Word [Pronunciation (If Necessary)] - Definition, Translation, Depiction

< Message edited by WyvernKnight -- 11/9/2008 16:40:22 >
Post #: 1
10/30/2008 22:24:40   
MiraG3

Prologue: Elrohir's Oath

Drarai [Dra-ray] - The land of mythical creatures
Elrohir [Ell-row-heer] - A powerful crimson dragon
Dragonsight - A type of vision that dragons can use on demand
Normalsight- A type of vision that dragons can use on demand
Dragon War - A war that lasted for a century between dragonkind
Aklara [Ak-lare(rhymes with dare)-a] - A mystical elven goddess
Aeor Foothills [Ay-or] - The Foothills surrounding the elven city Aeoria
Aeoria [Ay-or-ee-a] - An elven city highly regarded for its artisans and element-workers
Element-Workers - Dwarves or elves that work with water, metal, wood, air, or fire in beautiful artwork or powerful weapons
Doriathi Mountains [Dor-ee-ath-ee] - Tall mountains that are practically innaccesible by all land races. Known as the "Home of the Dragons" Oluaon Sea [O-loo-ay-on] - The vast expanse of water that surrounds Drarai and a few neighbouring lands
Olmni [Olm-nee] - A courageous and compasionate leader; first king of the dwarves
Khuun Mountains [Koon] - The mountains to the southwest of Drarai that house the dwarves in their underground
Il nari tu volum. Kulora du'vrath, perma jath li'eron! [Ill nar-ee too vole-um. Koo-lora doo'vrath, payr-ma jjjath lee'aron!] - The time has come. Great leaders, fulfill your oath!
Doramni il Asenbess! [Dor-am-nee il Ass-en-bess] - Twilight the Night Stallion! Night Stallion = Stealth
Bereka il Turvashmek! [Bare-eka il Tur-vsh-mek] - Olmni the Valiant!
Thuiry [Thyur-ee] - First High Kingpriest of the Elven Order; father of Aklara
Lilan il Por'avohr! [Lill-an il Por-avor] - Thuiry the Fervent!
Sphilgh [Sff-eelg] - A mermaid legendary for his fight and eventual win against a sea serpent. Promoted to King of Merpeople
Qualin il Kes! [Kwal-in il Kess] - Sphilgh the Enduring!
Feanaro [Fee-an-ayr-o] - The only emerald dragon to ever live. Known for his unsurpassed mental and physical strength. Able to fly at mach two
Lossehelin il Mihlnar! [Loss-e-hell-in il Mill-nar] - Feanaro the Legendary!
Litan'daem Shinakra volum, pliph d'journ ilnaphras silva! [Lit-an-day-um Shin-aak-ra vole-um, plif d-jjjorn il-naf-raz sil-va] - The Harbinger has arrived, now rise and break free!
Welda [Well-da] - One's lifeforce. Every living thing has a welda. The more benevolent the being, the more powerful the welda
Elven Order - The ten elves that sit at the top of the Elven Hierarchy. Four in Aeoria, two in Eleden, three in Tasyndr, and one in Nalric
Elven Sanctum (plural) - The term used to identify Elven cities
Elven Sanctuary (singular) - What Aeoria was called before the cities were named
Elven Hierarchy - The six rank set-up of elves: Exiles, Farmers, Merchants, Artisans, Warriors, Order Assistants, Elven Order
Eleden [Ell-eh-den] - Elven city atop the Cliffs looking over the Oluaon Sea at the northwest if Drarai
Tasyndr [Tass-in-der] - Elven city bordering southern tip of Lake Tasyndr
Lake Tasyndr - Lake home to merpeople located on the western side of Drarai. Accessible by water only through now blocked underwater tunnel
Nalric [Nall-rik] - Elven city situated behind the Mas Swamp on the southeastern corner of Drarai
Mas Swamp [Maz] - Mas in the ancient language means "death". This swamp is just that
Un-United - The term used for the state of the dwarves before Olmni's hierarchy
Watersteel - A flexible but incredibly durable material that never dulled. Its creation process is a close kept secret of the dwarves
Common Tongue - The language used for mutual communication between races. Unicorns are the only ones unable to speak it
Divine Order - Each race has their God. The Divine Order is the term used when identifying all gods at once
Human - The upper half of a merperson. This term is used since neither dwarvish nor elvish fit due to structure and size
Yexzilra [Yeks-zill-ra] - Sphilgh's mega-powerful trident
Vizraln [Viz-rall-nn] - Self-proclaimed leader of the Serpents during Sphilgh's time
Thrae fulin emquen il gilda tu Shinakra. Andalor sept du tu'en volum dracio! [Thray full-in emm-kwen ill gill-da too Shin-akk-ra. And-a-lor sep-t doo too-en vole-um dra-see-o] - I willingly accept the role of Harbinger. Bestow upon me your divine grace!
Du avekra lumin shath tu gilda. Silva tu welda alva Aklara! [Doo avek-ra loo-min sha-th too gill-da. Sill-va too well-da al-va Ak-lare-a] - I have completed my task. Imbue my essence in the sword Aklara!

Enough?

< Message edited by WyvernKnight -- 11/9/2008 16:43:17 >
Post #: 2
11/9/2008 16:38:24   
MiraG3

Chapter I:
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Drarai Chronicles: Glossary
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition