Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=PROSE= What Are You Reading?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> =PROSE= What Are You Reading?
Page 1 of 912345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/25/2008 22:10:13   
.::oDrew

They used to have something like this in the OOC for music/songs, but you can get a little bit more in-depth when you're talking about reading an entire book as opposed to listening to a 3-minute song. :P

Currently, I'm reading Watchmen; after that, I'll be paging through a poetry anthology I got until the book of freeverse I ordered finally arrives.
Post #: 1
9/25/2008 22:28:51   
SL

I'm switching between a few books, actually. They are:

-Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment

This is pretty good so far, it being his first young adult novel. James Patterson's the name, I think. :o He gets a bit odd when it comes to describing things, but all in all, a good book. I'm about 300 pages through out of 400-something. :D Sometimes his grammar gets a little weird too. That, or I don't know much about grammar. ^^

-Runaway Jury

I've only read two books by John Grisham, if I recall correctly, but I very much enjoy his writing style. And his characters' backstories are esquisite. (sp?) :) I reccommend The Innocent Man and A Time To Kill by him, as well. Great books. A Time To Kill was an award-winning movie, too, if I remember right.

-Johhny Got His Gun

Without a love for Metallica, I dunno how much I'd enjoy this. :P This is the book the song 'One' is based off of. True story, actually. Guy steps on a land-mine and loses his senses. One lyric desribes it well: 'I'm a prisoner inside my own body.' It's some ant-war literature though, so that might change my perspective just a bit. >____>
AQ DF  Post #: 2
9/26/2008 11:32:41   
Amboo
October 2008 Poet of the Month...Woot!

Right now I'm reading Brisingr. So far it's turning our really good, I recommend it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
9/26/2008 12:49:01   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

One day I will finish InkSpell, which of course will be right when the third book in the series is translated into English and on the market.

I have plans to start the Shannara Books that a friend recommended me, so I can't wait.

Other than that, I am reading stuff for the classes I am teaching:
Egyptian Mythology: A guide to the Gods, GOddesses, and Traditions of Ancient Egypt
Tales of Ancient Egypt
How to read Egyptian Hieroglyphs
TimeLife: Ancient Civilizations - Egypt
Various bookmarked webites with Egyptian history, etc from universities and Egyptologists
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/26/2008 13:31:08   
Sentharn

Right now it's pretty much any science-fiction book on my dresser, although at the moment it's actually my school literature book.

I'm slowly making my way through Stephen Donaldson's books.
Post #: 5
9/26/2008 13:34:21   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Well, I just finished re-reading The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, and now I'm reading Brisingr.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
9/26/2008 14:46:14   
_Depression

I'm reading Invasive Procedures at the moment, by Orson Scott Card.

Books I plan to read:
Brisingr
Unaccompanied Sonata and Other Stories (Orson Scott Card)
Robota (Orson Scott Card)

SL: Max Ride's a good series, I love the comedy most. That, and the idea of kids with wings. =)
AQ  Post #: 7
9/26/2008 16:52:37   
Arthur The Brave One

Just started reading 'In the Name of the Rose'. As in, five minutes ago ;D I'm afraid I've got a /lot/ of other things that are currently taking up my time... the primal culprit being homework, of course.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
9/26/2008 17:24:33   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Sailing to Sarantium by Guy Gavriel Kay. The reason is, well, hehe... One of my friends told me she never managed to read past the first 100 pages because it took some emperor dude 100 pages to die. I wanted to see how on earth the author managed to pull it off (abeit pulling it off terribly). I've only read a few pages for now. I'll keep y'all updated on how my attention span fares against this, lol.

AQ  Post #: 9
9/26/2008 18:28:20   
SL

quote:

SL: Max Ride's a good series, I love the comedy most. That, and the idea of kids with wings. =)

It reminds me of the Anthony Horowitz books, for some reason. O___o;
AQ DF  Post #: 10
9/26/2008 19:49:30   
Necromander

I've finished reading Red Dragon, I'm currently reading Hannibal, and shall soon read Hannibal Rising. I also read 1984 recently.

I'm doing literical research for my new book.
DF MQ  Post #: 11
9/26/2008 20:09:27   
SL

1984 was an excellent book, if I recall correctly. Very informational.
AQ DF  Post #: 12
9/26/2008 20:12:04   
.::oDrew

If you liked 1984, I would recommend reading Fahrenheit 451.
Post #: 13
9/26/2008 20:24:55   
Necromander

TR: I have read Fahrenheit 451, but it's not quite the kind of society I'm talking about.

SL: I also found it very informative, I'm re-reading it for a bit more on "utopian" societies.
DF MQ  Post #: 14
9/26/2008 20:28:47   
Shadz

Im acually reading 8th Grade Bights right now. Pretty good book so far, kinda gross, so fainthearted beware

Gunna start reading Oliver Nocturne after track out, as we get our books.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
9/27/2008 10:52:37   
gwoonjustin
April 2008 Writer of the Month

I was kinda mixing Fight Club and American Psycho when Watchmen got me hooked. I finished it now (awsome, Rawrz. The ending's great), so I guess I'll continue on those now....
AQ  Post #: 16
9/27/2008 11:23:59   
Silversword8

Right now I'm reading Whatever Happened to Janie? by Caroline B. Cooney. I got hooked on the series, and it's pretty darn easy to read.
AQ DF  Post #: 17
9/27/2008 13:56:12   
Mo

Pretty much any book I can get my hands on lol

Well so far, I plan to read Brisinger. Then my dad is gonna give me a few more books to read but I don't think that they are PG-13
AQ MQ  Post #: 18
9/27/2008 15:31:32   
Lilyheart Butterflies

Primeval ~ A Rip In Time[color]

< Message edited by Lilyheart Butterflies -- 4/16/2009 8:22:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
9/27/2008 17:19:09   
SL

So, I finished the first Max Ride book. Can't say I was surprised by the ending, although the nice touch with the
spoiler:

other mutants
in the Institute was quite interesting.

I'd have to say Fang was my favorite character. Probably the one I most resemble. :P
AQ DF  Post #: 20
9/27/2008 17:47:34   
_Depression

Yeah... Angel Experiment was the best of the books, in my opinion. If any comes close, it's School's Out - Forever. I didn't like Saving the World (and Other Extreme Sports), and I almost couldn't finish Final Warning.
AQ  Post #: 21
9/27/2008 18:02:25   
SL

Patterson's a great author, don't get me wrong, it's just incredibly slow at points.
AQ DF  Post #: 22
9/27/2008 20:39:32   
_Depression

True. At some points, it almost seems like the story stalls out. But the basic plotline is what really keeps me enjoying the story.
AQ  Post #: 23
9/27/2008 20:42:31   
SL

Quite original. :)
AQ DF  Post #: 24
9/27/2008 20:52:49   
*Ben*

As of now I'm reading The Book of The Dead by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. After this I plan on reading Brisingr.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> =PROSE= What Are You Reading?
Page 1 of 912345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition