Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =PROSE= What Are You Reading?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: =PROSE= What Are You Reading?
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/23/2008 18:54:29   
Firefly
Lore-ian

XD, my presents /are/ books.

Ah, I should be reading Tales of the Beedle and the Bard soon once I get my hands on it. I debated buying it for Christmas but ended up buying the more expensive New Moon in order to qualify for the free shipping thingy.

Cheap books? I suggest thrift stores. Depending on where you live, they save you loads. Sen talked about getting Anne Rice books for 50 cents. <_< I usually manage to grab a few for 99 cents (children's books) - 4 dollars (hardcovers).

I'll see if my local bookstores have boxing day sales...

Yes, that's a wonderful philosophy. Hate the fangirls (or boys), not the book. It's not the author's fault that there are always a few insane and overreactive people out there. =P

EDIT: My page, mine!
AQ  Post #: 51
12/23/2008 18:55:30   
Soraen

The tales of Beedle the Bard. The Warlock's Hairy heart is gross.

My reaction to playing AQ again after 3 years:
"Y U NO HAVE ARCHMAGE CLASS?!"
"Y U NO HAVE DIFFERENT RACES?!
"OH MAH GOSH I FORGOT HOW FUN AND AWESOME THIS GAME IS!"
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 52
12/25/2008 6:23:47   
UZ

I'm currently reading The Silmarillion for 27th time. Just can't stop reading Tolkien's books... His whole world and universe is so beautiful, so vast, so interesting...

I am also reading The Tales of Beedle the Bard, just got it yesterday. I still like The Tale of the Three brothers the best...
Post #: 53
12/29/2008 5:49:06   
mastin2

A while before the Twilight Movie came out, I read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking dawn in just over a week.

More recently, however, I just finished Brisingr. (Third book in the Inheritance former-trilogy-and-current-cycle)

Now, I am currently reading Snakehead, the latest book in the Alex Rider series, having finished Arkangel before the US paperback release of Snakehead and waited months for it.
Post #: 54
12/29/2008 13:23:07   
Xirminator

I've just finished with LLoyd Alexander's Castle of Llyr and I'm still deciding what book I'm reading.

I'm considering reading Silverhorse by Lene Kaaberbol. I'm not sure if it's any good and I didn't find any reviews on Amazon. However, other books by the same author seem interesting.

AQ DF  Post #: 55
12/29/2008 18:07:43   
Firefly
Lore-ian

I'm currently tossing my "should read" pile out the window in favour of The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I reread half of The Gunslinger (revised version) the day before yesterday, finished off that and read all of The Drawing of the Three yesterday, and I started The Waste Lands today sitting on a cold windswept beach. I have to say, the beginning of The Drawing of the Three when Roland is in Eddie's head is probably the best part of the series so far other than the Roland/Cort fight. It's insanely funny, even though the overall tone of the story is dark and serious.

The only book I'm kinda reading alongside the series is still In the Presence of Mine Enemies though my progress on it has been pitiful even if I like it. <_< My bad.

@Xirminator
My advice: Check it out of the library if it's available, read it, stop if you get bored.
AQ  Post #: 56
12/30/2008 3:39:19   
stromy

I am reading...
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Alphabet of Manliness by Maddox
Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind
Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini
Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Differential Forms by John H. Hubbard and Barbara Burke Hubbard

(Yes I am reading all of these right now)
AQ DF  Post #: 57
1/4/2009 20:50:24   
illusion99

Right now I am reading Vampire Hunter D
AQ DF  Post #: 58
1/4/2009 21:24:03   
Alixander Fey

Wizard's First Rule w/ stromy!
DF  Post #: 59
1/4/2009 21:26:09   
Crimzon5

Heh, my vacations about to end so I'm reading my biology book. But if I had the time to check my mini library at home... mybe I should continue the next chapter of Eldest... then read yellow one, Brisingr(sp?)
AQ DF  Post #: 60
1/5/2009 17:17:45   
Firefly
Lore-ian

I finished the first four books of The Dark Tower. I might be allowed to buy the last three before the end of this schoolyear, but in the meantime, I can read other stuff. I'm currently reading In the Presence of Mine Enemies still (as well as finishing off Fragile Things), and it's really picking up after the slightly slow beginning. After that, I'll be reading (in no particular order): Eclipse, Eragon, A Crown of Swords, two Stephen King books, the first Pern book (McCaffrey), maybe some others if the library cooperates...
AQ  Post #: 61
1/9/2009 19:54:09   
YukiKitty

I just finished re-reading The Devouring by Simon Holt, which I really recommend if you don't mind a little bit of gore and obvious horror elements. It was so good that I couldn't put it down. =D

Currently, I am reading Tamar by Mal Peet, Darkwing by Kenneth Oppel, and Garth Nix's "Keys to the Kingdom" series (well, re-reading what's out, anyways D= ). Yes, I'm that talented to read these all at once. :P
AQ DF  Post #: 62
1/9/2009 20:39:22   
Recar Dragonlance

At the moment I'm reading "Scar Night" which, after dumping loads of description at the start of the book, has turned out to be absolutely awesome. Quick paced, likable characters, and an engrossing storyline.

I just finished The Dark Tower series so I'm upset... I want to read about those characters but I can't now...

After this I'm probably gunna' read Twilight or Brisngr, depends on what mood I'm in. After that, I'm going to read Northen Lights and then a book I can't quite remember the name of... something to do with Mages anyway...
DF  Post #: 63
1/10/2009 0:28:31   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Still trying to finish off In the Presence... But that doesn't stop me from taking out The Tale of the Body Thief (Anne Rice) and The Stand (Stephen King). I need to read more of Eragon, I need to restart reading Wheel of Time. After that, I attack my thrift store bundle.

@narutofan1
Oppel rules. :D While Darkwing isn't quite as good as the other Silverwing books (and I don't think it's supposed to be as good since it's a prequel), it does have some nice themes about the way of nature, ect. And you just reminded me of how my crappy library is refusing to stock up on Starclimber...

@Recar
Simple solution: Reread. =P Well, better: take a break, read some other things, then reread.
AQ  Post #: 64
1/10/2009 0:39:07   
weatherseed
Ribarg!
Contest Winner

Ad captandum vulgus, I've been working my way through the Book of Vice; Very Naughty Things (And How to Do Them) by Peter Sagal, and the works of Sir Terry Pratchett.
AQ  Post #: 65
1/11/2009 18:29:31   
Anon Y. Mous
Creative!

Right now I'm reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
It's pretty confusing. I've had to re-read a couple of pages so far.
DF  Post #: 66
1/11/2009 20:13:48   
r0de0b0y

I've just finished World War Z, which involves zombies and a fair amount of political satires. Yeah, it's not a real book, I have a hard time cramming down large walls of description. Any other suggestions? Something screwy, like Douglas Adams should do.
AQ DF  Post #: 67
1/11/2009 20:30:53   
SL

The old version, Anon?
AQ DF  Post #: 68
1/14/2009 16:24:18   
Anon Y. Mous
Creative!

I think so.
DF  Post #: 69
1/14/2009 16:40:17   
  Master Samak
Productive!
Steward Leprechaun
L&L

Suggested by Coyote, agreed upon by Falerin, I'm attempting to read through Lynne Truss's "Eats, Shoots and Leaves."
AQ DF  Post #: 70
1/14/2009 16:48:52   
Chaddledee

I read the first 5 chapters of "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" and got incredibly bored, incredibly quickly. Of course, I was 11 then, but the cover was misleading! It makes it seem funny, but then it isn't! I might give it a try for the sake of my writing, but I don't count on it.

All of the jokes probably flew /right/ over your head when you were eleven. XD
~Coyote

No, I did get the jokes, but there were like 1 for each chapter and often weren't funny. :S
Anyway, the reason for my editing is I started to read a book yesterday. It is the most bizarre, wonderful book ever. It's called "Thr Curious Incindent of the Dog in the Night-time".I started reading at 11:30 last night and physically couldn't put it down 'til 1, despite being incredibly sleepy and uncomfortable reading in my bed. I am on chapter 71, which is on page 56 (I know, I was reading slowly). It is a murder mystery detective novel about a 15 year old boy with asperger's syndrome who is trying to find out who killed his neighbours dog. It is written in first person. Half the chapters are the actual story, and half is him just writing about himself. I HIGHLY advise picking it up.

< Message edited by Chaddledee -- 1/15/2009 1:58:24 >
MQ  Post #: 71
1/27/2009 20:49:20   
Jackmac

I am reading the 5th book out of the 7 books in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series. The books average around 700-900 pages, but they are sooooooo awesome! I highly reccomend that anybody looking or a great and long series reads the first installment "The gunslinger".

Jackmac :P~
DF MQ  Post #: 72
1/28/2009 10:42:27   
Xirminator

Just reread the Sapphire Rose by David Eddings.

Currently rereading Thud! by Terry Pratchett.

All those rereads are due to the fact that I'm out of new books to read. :(
AQ DF  Post #: 73
1/28/2009 11:10:39   
Chaddledee

Started with read the Ian Rankin books. My Dad has like... all of them. I am starting with Set in Darkness.
MQ  Post #: 74
2/1/2009 15:23:40   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Just finished Eragon. The prose was pretty nice. The plot was okay. Eragon the character was meh. Murtagh rules, at least compared to everyone else. =P Due to the evil preview, I might decide to read Eldest if I see it on the shelf.

Starting The Tale of the Body Thief by Anne Rice. Not as strong a start as some of her other works, but by the end I got past the intro, I was up so late that I got chased to bed. A really powerful page-turning quality so far.
AQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: =PROSE= What Are You Reading?
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition