Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Short Story-Ectomancer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Short Story-Ectomancer
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/13/2008 12:16:26   
Mo

Millions of people in walked the streets of Yew Nork every year. Every one has his/her secret. Behind Jack’s business suit, tie, and breathtakingly handsome face, was a secret so evil that those who learned of it never lived long enough to spread the word. He was an ectomancer, or a soul wizard. He had been afraid of death ever since his mother died eight years ago from dragons. The stench of a corpse unnerved him so. He never went to his mother’s funeral, let alone grave ever since.

“I present to you today, a way to block your city from dragon attacks,” bellowed Jack to the mayor of Yew Nork, “Haven’t you ever been worried that a loved one’s life would be squeezed out by a dragon, or burned from dragon fire? My new Extractor5102 would serve you fine. If a dragon comes near that barrier, an electromagnetic field created from this machine will stop it in its tracks.”

“Your machine looks very promising, Mr…Oh dear! I forgot to ask you your name,” said the mayor.

“Jack, mayor. Jack,”

“Yes, well, Mr. Jack, I wish to buy this machine. Do you have a protective policy in case it gets broken?”

“Yes sir, if the Extractor5102 doesn’t repel a single dragon in thirty days, I will give you your money back along with two more Extractor5102s.”

“Very well. I will see you back in a month.”

Fifteen days went by until Jack finally got what he was waiting for. The first dragon came in to try and attack. As soon as the dragon hit the field of electromagnetic waves, Jack started to glow. The dragon couldn’t move and the field kept transferring the dragon’s soul into Jack’s. He had finally created a machine that could strengthen his life. But what about when the dragons went extinct? What would happen then? How could I live? thought Jack.

He knew what had to happen. He needed immortality. But what could make him immortal. No human wizard in the world could become immortal, no matter how powerful they became. That’s it! I need to transform into something else… he thought.

After another fifteen days, Jack went back to the mayor. When he reached the mayor’s office, an aroma flowed through the room. The mayor’s chair was turned backwards. Swerving back to face Jack, he realized that a beautiful women was there instead of the mayor. She stood up, allowing Jack to see that she was wearing a tight red skirt that was about four inches higher than her knees. “Your machine is magnificent,” said the strange women in an arousing tone.

“I tried to do my best,” replied Jack.
“Good,” said the strange women moved her hand down Jack's shirt. Jack began to glow. Ugh! Not now, thought Jack. The women stood staring at Jack, bewildered. How could a man start to glow?

“Ma’am, a dragon is attacking, it seems that the machine isn’t doing much to it!” a voice shouted through the room as the image of a soldier popped up on a screen in the room. Jack felt power overwhelming him. He couldn’t do anything. The dragon was very much alive and energetic. It kept bashing itself in the field trying to destroy it. The machine was overloading and the smell of burning waved through the city. Everyone hid in their run-down houses or luxurious work buildings.

Jack, getting stronger by the second didn’t know what to do. He had never heard of a dragon that was so powerful. He began getting nauseated with all the power that was growing inside him. He could feel his soul literally boiling inside him as he screamed in agonizing pain. His soul was starting to resolidify but he could see something trying to find a narrow opening inside of him. He needed something that would keep his soul inside his body.

Struggling to move, Jack managed to get all the way to his home. After a long hour, the dragon finally gave up and Jack made it through the pain. What would he do next? The woman in the mayor’s office knew about him, and if he was to sell another machine, he could die.

He went to the Statue Of Liberation to get away from it all. Nothing would be better than to climb to the top of the statue. It would be great to get his mind off of horrid dragons and life.

Panting, Jack took a breath as he reached the 1035th stair step. He sat down on the stair step and just waited, regaining his energy. BOOM! Everything turned black. When Jack finally woke up, he tried to get up, but he winced as an intense pain dipped inside him.

He never met his kidnappers from the time he was captured and to the time he left even though there was food always waiting for him at the door, but he had recovered remarkably on his second month in isolation. He managed to get back on his feet. He decided to explore what was in the cursed room that he was placed in. There were closets, cabinets, everything you could ever imagine. He smashed open every single thing there was to smash and to his disappointment found nothing except a jar that was labeled 'Phylactery'. “What kind of pointless rubbish...” Jack said to himself.

He violently squeezed off the lid and swallowed everything in it in disregard and to his disgust, tasted some sort of slimy goo. In front of him, a leaf that was colored purple, a grinder, and a vial of a reddish mixture appeared along with a note. It read, ’Grind the leaf until it is powder, and pour the powder into the mixture and drink’. Was he starting to hallucinate?

Following what the note said, Jack grinded the leaf, poured the powder into the mixture and drank it. An rumbling erupted in his chest and with it, a feeling of immortality. Jack had turned into a Lich, and he realized it too. “Mwahahahahahaha!” crackled Jack manically.

< Message edited by Mo -- 10/13/2008 12:22:14 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Short Story-Ectomancer
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition