Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 34 - Good King Alteon? (Circe)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 34 - Good King Alteon? (Circe)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/22/2008 22:26:25   
Circe
Stand Back

Good King Alteon? A Shocking Expose
By Circe

People gather around to cherish and compliment the King of Swordhaven. They stand in awe of him and his deeds. They stare at the finery of his clothes and gawk at his imposing posture. "Good King Alteon," they cry as he passes them. And he does, pass by that is. The great King of Swordhaven is never in one place for very long. His press secretary gives alternating reasons for that. Some days he is busy seeing to the needs of his vast kingdom. Others, he is on the move with his guard, rooting out evil. And others still, he is kept consistently on the move, making assassination attempts by Drakath impossible. But what is the real reason? One man has been brave enough to give me an interview, an expose to let us all know the truth behind the lies that surround "Good King Alteon." His identity has been withheld to protect the innocent.

Circe: Tell me, Sir. How is it that you know King Alteon?

Not Mayor Rayf: We have worked together for going on ten years now.

Circe: How closely have you worked together?

Not Mayor Rayf: Let's say ... I am a highly placed source inside the administration.

Circe: Of course *nod* so then you are very reliable.

Not Mayor Rayf: Everything about me is reliable. How else would I be highly placed?

Circe: Touche May ... er ... anonymous informant. Tell me how you first became suspicious that King Alteon may be corrupt.

Not Mayor Rayf: He roams around the kingdom with no one but his guards. The person who stays behind in Swordhaven is his press secretary. How can you rule if you're never at home?

Circe: Does he actually roam? I heard that the reason he's rarely seen is because he stays in Swordhaven.

Not Mayor Rayf: It isn't true; he's consistently jaunting about, checking up on people who have credentials out the wazoo. Like that Mayor Rayf. He doesn't need checking up on - he used to be the head of the Pig Farmer's Guild!

Circe: Notable qualifications to be sure.

Not Mayor Rayf: To say the least. Fine upstanding chap.

Circe: But King Alteon ... ?

Not Mayor Rayf: *cough* Of course. As I was saying, he does jaunt about. But even if he didn't, what kind of ruler stays locked up in their house? You have to get out, shake some babies, kiss some hands. That's how you run a government.

Circe: Um ... Right. And you say King Alteon may be corrupt?

Not Mayor Rayf: I'll postulate it's just as possible he is corrupt as it is that he isn't.

Circe: *blink*

Not Mayor Rayf: Let me put it this way. When was the last time adventurers saw King Alteon?

Circe: Frostval. Two Frostvals ago? Last Frostval? I can't ... quite remember.

Not Mayor Rayf: PRECISELY!

Circe: My word. It's all becoming so clear!

Not Mayor Rayf: *patpats* Don't take it so hard. I too suffered shock and horror upon realizing our sovereign may not be as pure and noble as we once thought.

Circe: But you can't mean the Slugwraths ...

Not Mayor Rayf: No of course not, dear. The people need a king who already has experience managing within the kingdom. Someone who has stood by various areas of the kingdom when monsters have attacked. Someone who has been the leader of a town that has withstood the onslaught of Xan, of the Necromancers, or mages who turn towers into Fish! *mumbles angrily*

Circe: Clearly, that is an excellent point.

Not Mayor Rayf: Thank you. And don't call me Clearly.

Circe: That's not how that joke goes.

Not Mayor Rayf: A good leader works with what he's given.

Circe: Wise words from a man who truly knows what he is talking about.

There you have it folks. Straight from this obviously unbiased reporter, the courageous testimony of a man who tells it like it is. Back to you in the studio, Chuck ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/23/2008 15:51:44   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Ooh, an intriguing interview. For once, it's nice to see a politician who doesn't double-talk about things. And who attempts to make references to the movie Airplane!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
10/28/2008 14:35:44   
PaperClip OF DOOM

More Mayor Rayf mandess. Mmmm. Delicious!

Another great one from Circe! :D
Post #: 3
10/29/2008 1:45:24   
Baker

Hehe, I like it, Circle. Very fun article. I especially liked the "shaking babies and kissing hands" phrase; I at first thought didn't even notice, then thought you must have made a typing mistake before realizing it must might have been on purpose.

What is " - he used to be the head of the Pig Farmer's Guild!" an allusion to? I feel like it's a DF thing, but for some reason that line reminded of a particular episode of the Fresh Prince of Bellaire. (Uncle Phil is receiving an award and Will tells a reporter he used to be the head of some sort of pig-raising guild or club, which greatly embarrasses him... I seriously doubt that's where this is from, though. XD)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
10/30/2008 19:17:09   
Circe
Stand Back

It was on purpose. ;)

And DF points out that as one of Rayf's past positions that recommends him for the job of mayor. He's a very experienced and accomplished dude.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
11/5/2008 19:54:22   
15cman

Exactly Circe.[sarcasm]He was voted most likely to take other people's gold so that must be a good quality for a mayor.But -ahem- who may mayor rayfe be wanting for the new king?[/sarcasm]

Very Funny ^_^
DF MQ  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 34 - Good King Alteon? (Circe)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition