Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Exponential Poetry - Comments Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Exponential Poetry - Comments Thread
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/5/2008 17:43:08   
.::oDrew

Wabam.
Post #: 1
11/5/2008 18:08:03   
Arthur The Brave One

One word: Nice. 'Nuff said. No typo's and stuff, good meaning, etc, etc. :P

PS: NOOOOOOO! You kicked me off the first page! *frownyface*
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
6/5/2009 15:58:14   
not steve

XD, i was confused about the format for a while. i thought there would be one line with one, one line with two and so on and so forth :P i read the poem and instructions twice and i got it. pretty cool ;) good stuff.
AQ DF  Post #: 3
8/29/2009 9:08:35   
Fornever

It's very unique. The voice of the poem was greatly affected by the different sizes of letters you used. Reading it aloud, it has a very amazing flow. Great theme. I especially love thi part:

quote:

I do not,
Myself,
Own who
I am, but I
Am owned
By all my
Desires;

It read a tad like a monologue, but that added to why I enjoyed it so much. Beautiful.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
10/15/2009 8:21:23   
superdidi

Nice concept, good exploitation of it,
however, sometimes you have redundancies (double two and three lettered-lines) I am/I do.
Might i suggest the syllable line(I think decreasing after some lines should be pretty interesting)

1 st line = 1syllable
2nd line = 2syllables
3rd line = 3syllables
4th line = 4syllables

Expl:

Was
I the
Only one
The Chosen Guy
When He fought me in
A dark damp street in
A City high
And I won
Him, the
As
Post #: 5
11/22/2011 4:19:12   
Acid001

Staggering. I'd love to try writing in that form. Like Fornever said, it's powerful aloud, and it's brilliant fun to read and and analyse. There are concepts there applicable to Buddhism and existentialism and all manner of philosophies, which really gets me going.

Empty praise is not my forte, so believe me when I say that I really adore this.
AQ  Post #: 6
3/11/2012 23:04:21   
DeathGuard

It was somewhat hard to read it, the letter size affected me quite a bit but the meaning is what I like, my favorite part is this one:
quote:

[We all hope
For this, to
Transform
Ourselves
Into those
Heroes we've
Worshiped.
I feel identified with it, an idealism in our minds that makes who we are.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Exponential Poetry - Comments Thread
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition