Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 35 - A Look at the Nightmare that is Nemesis (Genoclysm)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 35 - A Look at the Nightmare that is Nemesis (Genoclysm)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/5/2008 18:47:42   
Maegwyn

A Look at the Nightmare that is Nemesis
By Genoclysm

Note: This article refers to the uber set called Nemesis. It was originally named Nightmare, and it was sold at Yulgar's.

Ah, the Nemesis Set ... It has such a formidable form, such twisted elegance, such an intimidating appearance. Monsters freeze up in fear of this set of equipment, and for good reason. Those spikes are sharp! They are also all over the place. It is a wonder any large beast could attack someone wearing such a suit of armor and not step away with holes punched in their hide. All that is needed for an owner to harm an enemy is to flail about in their direction, assuming they are close enough. The weapon is so simple to use, too! Those who somehow can't figure out where it is to be held quickly lose function of their hands anyway. Even the shield looks like a weapon. In an all out brawl, a bearer of this set would cause nine out of ten injuries. Truly, this would be the most potent set of arms there is available, if it were not for one fatal flaw ...

It is with many reflexive flinches and cringes that I relate this. While normally so many vicious spikes can be a boon in the thick of combat, it is far too common to see Moglins treating Adventurers for self-inflicted wounds. That's right, Adventurers frequently stab themselves with their own spikes and barbs, and it is not pretty. Why, in the time I myself used the set and reveled in its twisted power, I stabbed myself no less than forty-two times! For those yet to experience this, believe me, it isn't fun. Of course, in some small way, this too is a boon. No tyrant has so far taken an interest in hoarding the prickly pieces. Well, this means it is quite easily available to all Adventurers with adequate experience. For this reason, they also happen to be the arms of choice against said tyrants, utilized to steal far less painful suits and shields. Of course, when alternatives are obtained, Adventurers decide they've had enough of stabbing themselves in the kneecaps multiple times a day. This is a time that Yulgar, the former manufacturer, used to dread. Only rarely has he ever managed to keep a set sold. It just wasn't turning out to be as profitable as he had hoped the design would be.

Yulgar was just about to cease production and scrap the design when the Moglins stepped in. Well, they didn't want this to happen, and they saw a way to profit heavily. Most Moglins are healers by trade, and Nemesis-related stab wounds were big business for them. If it was no longer made, then business would drop. They couldn't let that happen. The Frostvale Moglins take two jobs, of course: healing and production of magical arms. They have a big sale near the end of each year that makes them millions of gold. One of these Moglins, Chilly, stepped up. It was hard bargaining, but the rich little Moglin finally bought off the rights to the manufacture of the Nemesis set. Now when adventurers want their first heavy-duty arms, it is the Moglins they give their hard-earned gold to, and when they stab themselves, it is the Moglins they recruit for healing. And so the Nemesis set came to be sold in Frostvale, and the monopoly of the Moglins grew even stronger.
Post #: 1
11/6/2008 6:01:26   
nosey123
Friendly!

o_o...moglins. I should have guess.

Anyway, no wonder my characters put his' nemesis plate in storage...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
11/6/2008 10:46:28   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Moglins, eh? I should have known. I'll have to keep an eye on those rascally things.

But I still don't know where to put my hand on that mace! D:
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
1/8/2009 23:17:44   
Klagermeister

Hehe, this article has a good point.
They should do one about Reignbringer and the third-degree burns resulting from it.
Or high-profile electrocutions from Asgardian!
And temporary blindness from Golden!!!
And gusts of wind from Fujin flinging Adventurers off of cliffs!!!!!
AND TEMPORARY INSANITY FROM UBEAR FORM!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!

AQ AQW  Post #: 4
1/13/2009 12:24:32   
Genoclysm
Legendary AdventureGuide!

There already has been an article about Golden. While it mentioned nothing of blindness, it did basically call the Paladin Lords cowardly sissies.

I do have some ideas in mind for a Reign article. Burns are one of the minor ones.

< Message edited by Genoclysm -- 1/13/2009 12:26:54 >
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 35 - A Look at the Nightmare that is Nemesis (Genoclysm)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition