Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 8 of 26«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/29/2009 14:51:12   
Sugar

REverendwyrm,

Certain guards have certain strategies. You might choose to do something like have your enemies run a gauntlet of standard enemies then try to run them over will all your glass cannons at the end. You might want to arrange monsters with alternating and opposing elements to take advantage of "equipment set-up " lag so that your first round of monster attacks have a chance of hitting harder. You might want to mass all of your undead up front or arrange things in themes or recreate particular quests in miniature OR OR OR OR OR.

THAT is the point. Right now, it is detrimental to buy a number of fun and interesting guards because they represent "down times" in your guard line-up and make it easier for enemies to get into your home.
AQ  Post #: 176
6/29/2009 15:47:00   
Paladin Dracomancer

quote:

Excuse me for being naive but what's the point of arranging your house guards¿ Don't your visitors have to face them all anyway¿

Those of us who prefer to let people they don't know suffer (or just prefer the privacy of seeing the inside of their house without getting to their character page) could set up some wicked strategies to kill the visitors to their house.

For instance, they could start out by letting a Gogg attack, hoping that the player isn't in their best gear. Then, since the foe will be in either defensive or offensive armour, they could set the next guard accordingly. If they assume that the player will be tanking, they may release some of the more expendable monsters, like the Gold-costing Dragons, to draw them back into their offensive armour (why tank against monsters they could obliverate in a turn or two?) before turning loose the Nerfkitten or Megogg. Alternatively, in a foe that they would assume is going guns ablazing, loosing the Nerfkitten or Megogg right then and there might stop their quest to break into your house.

It'd be more of a fun little feature than anything, really, unless they added in features like saying how many players ACTUALLY broke into the house (in comparison to now, where it appears that the visitor count goes up whether or not the player got past all the guards), or if the player recieved some sort of rewards for successfully turning away a player (my assumption if it would ever happen would be that the reward would pool somewhere until collected by the player to avoid weird mishaps). Still, it'd be something to play around with, and might convince some more people to shell out Tokens to get Guards.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 177
6/29/2009 16:05:45   
afterlifex
Legend-X

personally i don't even understand everyone's fanatical need to protect there houses. There isn't even anything to protect(not even potions as half(if any) don't work last i tired/checked)).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
6/29/2009 16:18:20   
Wyrm
How We Roll Winner
Mar15

As interesting as that feature seems, don't get me wrong I like the idea as more customization creates more interest, I'm with afterlifex on this one. It would be interesting to see a more thorugh accounting of house stats, like the number of times your guards have been defeated/victorious.

It would also be interesting to see penelties for having people get past your guards. Having the guard reward come directly out of your personal gold pile! Since the house visitation is random there's currently no way to abuse it or anyone specific. It would give incentive to have stronger house guards or no house guards at all and could be seen as part of the overall cost to own a home. A small penalty in light of all the bonuses it gives.

Art On!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 179
6/29/2009 16:31:07   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

If we had sortable guards, it might be interesting to have a smallish random chance of the guards sometimes fighting out of order.
Like if they woke up, and some of them were more sleepy than others?
A higher level guard tower building might "encourage" the guards to stay in line.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 180
6/29/2009 16:33:40   
My Pain

You could just make it so you can only visit the same house once per day, to avoid people farming one house.

It would be really cool to sort your guards and have the statistics of how many people they stop.

< Message edited by My Pain -- 6/29/2009 16:38:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 181
6/29/2009 16:34:35   
Paladin Dracomancer

Hmm... a penalty for the feature would be rather interesting, abeit a bit more difficult to work than the rewards (taking the reward right out of the player's inventory could be... troublesome).

A way around it, maybe, would be to have to leave some gold out in order to get some rewards back. If the guards win, the reward could be added to the stockpile (experiance would probably be something that'd be untouched), and the player could claim/modify the contents of the stockpile at any time (including draining the stockpile completely, which once again would be no rewards from it).

Hmm... interesting idea, Cap'n. That chance of a "misfire" would certainly keep things fresh, too.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 182
6/29/2009 16:38:55   
137ben

So basically, if we can only visit a house once per day, there is no draw-back to being able to choose a house to attack. The upside is it would spark more interest in houses: people would make huge challenges and then others could try it. This in turn would encourage more people to get strong guards, which would encourage more people to buy tokens, so it is in AE's best interest to allow this:)
AQ  Post #: 183
6/29/2009 16:40:01   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Hmm, maybe there should be some kind of extra reward for beating guards.(treasure chest ect. more guards you beat the better the chest)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 184
6/29/2009 21:01:27   
ayashi

Before adding features like sortable guards, if we could have some option to fight houses with more than one or two pathetic guards it would be nice.
I'm sick and tired of killing the same (gold guard) fire dragon, ice dragon and low level sheep !
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 185
6/29/2009 21:40:37   
137ben

@above: just allow people to choose which house to attack:)
AQ  Post #: 186
6/30/2009 3:02:04   
Hagen

> 137ben:

That would create farming sweetspots.
I opt for the option 'invade' as an additional button and the house to be invaded would be chosen among ones that have total guard level greater than 2*invader level or so.

Captain Rhubarb:
quote:

If we had sortable guards, it might be interesting to have a smallish random chance of the guards sometimes fighting out of order. [...] A higher level guard tower building might "encourage" the guards to stay in line.

A very good idea I think.

AQ MQ  Post #: 187
6/30/2009 7:27:33   
Sugar

Exactly! now people are getting it! this allows players to make their own "final challenge" like quests and customize (to a limited extent) game content. It makes houses into another more diverse quest. These quests would update regularly with release of pets. It would be SO MUCH FUN!

BTW, since I have been carrying this for so long, if it gets implemented, I would beg of AQ to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me get :

Suggestion #12 from this thread http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=9959984&mpage=1&key=

As my own unique house guard. I would feel so cool!

Heck with it! I don't care if its unique! I just want one!

Thanks.

< Message edited by Sugar -- 6/30/2009 8:03:59 >
AQ  Post #: 188
6/30/2009 9:26:47   
maikiejj

it would be pretty cool that if you manage to beat a group of guards that you where able to put a card on the table in the house/estate with a greeting or something on it saying that you where there. .

And if you where able to get past the guards that you get a small bonus a nice treasure chest with a temp item or with some money or something like that.

And if your guards are able to stop other players from entering you should also have something that say's that.
And also get a minor reward.
AQ  Post #: 189
6/30/2009 9:35:49   
Sugar

Actually, I think it would be fun if you could manage to be able to use an item from the players STORAGE as a temp item. That may be too complicated though, but think how cool it would be to find Legasees house, beat all his guards and use things like, Drakonnan's Red Vengence in your 1 slot! That would be cool, and it would allow players to have some fun with rares that otherwise they can't use. (Please note, the reward part also allows them to use it REGARDLESS OF LEVEL RESTRICTIONS, which I would only implement if you also made neighbor visitation only to homes that are in your RA range, so you could never be a level 50 visiting a level 130 home.)

then you don't need a chest. The possibility of using a COOL RARE of high power is your reward. Heck, you could even possibly get to use a Z-Token item as a temp which would wet the appetite to BUY tokens to purchase weapons. Think about beating the guards of someone with DragonhandZ. :D

Also, I like the idea of a calling card or Guest Book. Kinda like the battle stats page. You can just break in and then the DB autmatically signs the character's name and ID number. Limit it to 15 slots so that it does not get too big. Just saving a name and ID # should not take up that much space.

< Message edited by Sugar -- 6/30/2009 9:41:56 >
AQ  Post #: 190
6/30/2009 10:38:43   
SIGMUND

I don't think there should ever be a negative effect for the home owner, if anyone visits their house. A Guestbook would be nice. I would like to know the 30 people who have beaten my two nerf Kittens

Using peoples stored equipment as temporaries would lead to a lot of people just attacking houses, instead of doing the Quests/Adventures/Wars.

AQ  Post #: 191
7/9/2009 19:29:09   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

Update:
I forgot to mention that the latest update to the shop system included increasing the number of buyable 'house items' you can purchase.
The larger your house, the more of an increase you will get.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 192
7/9/2009 20:41:43   
137ben

Are there any plans to allow GT/MWP to be used for the paxia defense forces ongoing event (I ask this because it works similar to a war in the system of monster waves, the difference being that it never ends:) I personally don't think using GD/MWP in normal wars is a great idea, because most wars have the same outcome reguardless of what anyone does . This would spark more interest in GD/MWP which would probably lead to more people buying z-tokens
AQ  Post #: 193
7/10/2009 8:12:41   
Paladin Dracomancer

quote:

Are there any plans to allow GT/MWP to be used for the paxia defense forces ongoing event (I ask this because it works similar to a war in the system of monster waves, the difference being that it never ends:)

I like the idea, but all the possible options might be a pain... they'd have:
-Defend Your Clan
-Defend Unity
-Attack Unity
-Attack Igneus
-Attack Aerodu
-Attack Geodu
-Attack Nautica
-Attack Dynami
-Attack Lucian
-Attack Nocturu
-Attack Glacius

With all of those, plus the additional of any "normal" war, things would get unruly. Still, if they could manage it, I (and I'm sure many others) would love it very much.

As for the Forest Log Cabin Estates, Tiki with Beach Estates, and Frostvale Cottage estates, I'm pretty sure that that was meant to be so that people with less amounts of Tokens could purchase an Estate and use the features. That being said, I'd love to see a Beach/Frostvale Mansion Estate.

< Message edited by Paladin Dracomancer -- 7/10/2009 8:17:24 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 194
7/13/2009 1:49:05   
Apocalyptic Silence

Well seeing as I can go from 0 to 5k resources quite fast and wars aren't quite as often like once a month. Having such feature would allow those resources to be spent and if the xp/gold amounts need to be decreased thats fine.
Post #: 195
7/13/2009 13:54:04   
cooldude2181

has anbody else noticed that some of the staff have animal barns on their estate... is this a staff only item ?
AQ  Post #: 196
7/13/2009 14:01:25   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

The animal barn is not yet released.
We haven't decided on what all it will do yet.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 197
7/13/2009 17:54:42   
Paladin Dracomancer

Hmm... I wonder if that Animal Barn will be like that idea way back about breeding monsters like Nerfkittens and Trobbles... it'd be interesting to see how this will turn out.

Or maybe we breed unique guests, similiar to those of the Animal Rescue quest series from Aria... that'd be really cool, too.

And... squee! Hard to believe its been almost a year since Estates were released! Amazing how far it's come!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 198
7/14/2009 0:41:23   
kakarot1123

The animal barn could house guests, temporary pets, grant access to a new pet shop (which would all receive a small Z-Token availability bonus), or even buff pet/guest damage (like how the Mana Collector could reduce spell costs). There sure is a lot of potential for it!

Does anybody else have ideas of what the Animal Barn could do? :D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 199
7/14/2009 2:51:36   
Bu Kek Siansu

Off Topic: I appologize! :p

To Captain Rhubarb & etching:

I suggest to put a NOTE above the button of Let's train! to avoid a mistake! <--- through Twilly in the Town

Examples:

Do you have the Battle Stat Trainer and/or Magic Stat Trainer?

OR

Did you know that the Battle Stat Trainer and Magic Stat Trainer give a Bulding Bonus ?

Why? Sometimes I train the stats of my 2 newest characters through Twilly in the Town while I just can get a Building Bonus by using it.
Meheehh, sometimes I just forgot my Battle Stat Trainer and Magic Stat Trainer, that's why.
I'm not just speaking for myself, you know! :)

< Message edited by Mysterious Strangeface -- 7/14/2009 12:24:35 >
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 8 of 26«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition