Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

There's No Place Like Oaklore

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> There's No Place Like Oaklore
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/12/2008 20:38:31   
Resolute

There's No Place Like Oaklore

Location: In front of Oaklore Keep (Books 1 and 2) -> Sir Ano -> Quests -> No Place Like Oak
Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of Major Mayhem
Release Date: December 12th, 2008

Objective: Sir Ano is off to see the Wizard, and he's taking you, too! Luckily there's a crumbled old road that will guide you to the ruined city where the Wizard lives.
Objective completed: Boardrakes and Appletrees and yagas, oh my!

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(9) Aggressive Appletree
(6) Boardrake
(5) Raven
(1) Threat Bear
(1) Azzakedellya - Boss

NPCs
Azza Kadellya
Mar'vel
Sir Ano

Rewards
None

Swords
Pale Silver Rapier
Sterling Silver Rapier
Plated Silver Rapier
Lustrous Silver Rapier

Staves
Pale Silver Staff
Sterling Silver Staff
Plated Silver Staff
Lustrous Silver Staff

Daggers
Pale Silver Dirk
Sterling Silver Dirk
Plated Silver Dirk
Lustrous Silver Dirk

Others
To Sir Ano

Dialogue
Sir Ano: <Character>, you've taught me so much these past weeks! All about perseverence, keeping cool under pressure, and laughing at danger...

Loads Sir Ano as Guest A.

Sir Ano: But every hero can use a bit of magical intervention, right? I mean, you've had Warlic and Cysero to help you, and look how well that's turned out!
Sir Ano: I've heard of a Wizard reknowned for his advice. From his Tower in the Jadeite Ruins, it's said he'll dispense great wisdom if one is worthy.
Sir Ano: From the stories I've heard, he's great! And pretty powerful, too. Surely it couldn't hurt to have him use his wyrd, wizardly ways to tell me my future.
Sir Ano: And if he has a spare enchanted weapon or two laying about, accepting those couldn't hurt, either.
Sir Ano: What do you say, will you journey with me?

• Quest!
  • Done

Once you get to the end:
    Azza Kadellya: I've been waiting for you, my pretties.
    <Character>: Er, Ano, do you have any idea who this is?
    Sir Ano: Don't you know her? You're the one who's been going around being a hero. Have you killed any yagas lately? Maybe she wants revenge.
    <Character>: How do you expect me to keep track of every antagonist I've taken out? Really now. I'd need a logbook or something.
    Azza Kadellya: <Character>, you've been meddling where you aren't wanted for too long and sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.
    Azza Kadellya: Ruining perfectly laid plans just because you think they're "evil" or "going to destroy the world."
    Azza Kadellya: You've been slaughtering yagas since you were a young hero, just knee- high to a sneevil! It's GOT to stop!
    Azza Kadellya: Now you're trying to train more of you? Did you even explain the advantages of being bad to your little pactoganol pupil?
    <Character>: What would you tempt him with? The inability to bathe, a fear of clean water? You villains are a pretty dirty lot.
    Azza Kadellya: It's not too late for you, little Knight. I could use a Captain of the Guard.
    Azza Kadellya: Just think, command of my soldiers, a snazzy black uniform, the ability to chant rousing and inspirational nonsense songs as you patrol...
    Sir Ano: Well, I do love a good nonsense song. But no! I would never betray the trust-
    Azza Kadellya: Oooh, "evil is so bad!" Blah blah blah. "It feels good to help people!" Yadda yadda yadda. Well, if you won't take my offer...
    Sir Ano: Nope!
    <Character>: I told you so.
    Azza Kadellya: Heroes are so smug when they think they're right. Fine! I'll get you, <Character>, and your little protege, too!

Battle! - You fight the Azzakedellya

Sir Ano: Excuse me? Sir Wizard?
    <Character>: Doesn't look like anyone's here. Maybe he's off getting his hair and nails done?
    Sir Ano: Look at all his stuff! Stuffed bird on a stick, potion bottles, crystal ball...
    <Character>: I wouldn't touch his stuff... magic does funny things to ordinary objects. Have I ever told you about Cysero's laundry?
    Sir Ano: His laundr- Did the curtain just move?

Sir Ano starts to shake and walks up to the curtain and pulls the rope and out poofs Mar'vel.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?!

Sir Ano: I was, uh, looking for you! Er, a note. A note from you. Saying when you'd be back.
    Mar'vel: WHY WOULD I- ahem. No need to yell now that I'm right here. Why would I be behind a curtain?
    Sir Ano: Uh...
    Mar'vel: I hope you haven't frightened Winkie, my gnome. He naps behind the curtain.
    <Character>: Where were you?
    Mar'vel: In the back, working on a way for ordinary people to fly. Without magic or magical creatures. See, the premise is very simple, really-
    <Character>: I'm sure! I'm sure it's fascinating. Honest. But my friend here-
    Sir Ano: Your wisdom and, uh, wonderfulness is widely known! I wanted to ask you if you could tell me about my future, and what is in store for me.
    Sir Ano: I'm afraid I'll never be able to be a real hero, and do all the brave and noble things a hero is supposed to do!
    Mar'vel: A hero is not a hero because he is noble and brave, a hero is a hero because he's famous and people fear what he can do!
    Mar'vel: Just get yourself a skilled Public Relations minion and you'll be set.
    <Character>: That doesn't sound quite right.
    Mar'vel: Oh, my. Oh, do forgive me. I've confused the speech for advising aspiring villains with the one for idealistic young heroes.
    Sir Ano: You give pep talks to bad guys, too?
    Mar'vel: A wizard's got to pay rent too, you know! And villains pay really well when you stroke their egos.
    Sir Ano: Riiiiiiight.
    <Character>: *Psst! I don't think he's really what you're looking for in an advisor, Ano.*
    Sir Ano: Um. Er. Thanks for your... help... I guess, Sir Wizard. I think we're going to be going now, though.
    Mar'vel: Are you sure you don't want to stay? I could finish explaining my experi-ment. You could take it for a test flight! I'm sure it's ready... almost!
    <Character>: Er, no, that's alright. We really need to be getting back to the Keep.
    Sir Ano: I'm sure we've been missed by now, and I miss it! The jousting, the jesting-
    <Character>: And the most unstable outhouse in the realm.
    Sir Ano: Really, when you think about it, there's no place like Oaklore!

They walk outside,

Sir Ano: Do... do you hear something? A sort of whistling sound?
    <Character>: Now that you mention it...

A giant house lands on Sir Ano

Sir Ano: OW.

• Complete Quest

Thanks to
    -- Toksyuryel, Jake01, wolfman_naruto, jones_bomber, Zero_system, warriormagerogue, Mysterious Ranger, Howler, Robofire2, Manlio, Andy8, Saojun, and sunstonealchemist for the rewards.
    -- ArchMagus Orodalf for a typo correction.
    -- ILmaster13 for link corrections.
    -- Stephen Nix for correction and dialogue rewrite.
    -- Dwelling Dragonlord for correction.
    -- Sagrym for corrections.

< Message edited by Jay -- 3/17/2020 19:24:58 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> There's No Place Like Oaklore
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition