Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 37 - Letter from the Editor (smbdoll)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 37 - Letter from the Editor (smbdoll)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/21/2008 14:12:14   
Maegwyn

A Letter from the Editor

Dear Readers,

It's been a long time since my last letter to you. Far too long in fact. When last I wrote for The Zardian, it was still a fledgling ezine, not quite taking wing, but ready to fly. In the time since, it's grown and you readers have given us your support and encouragement to make The Zardian grow. There have been many changes in this time. Formats have been changed, new ideas have been bounced back and forth and rattled through already rattled and addled brains. Alac, Maegwyn and our esteemed Authors and Authors in Training have brought us through 37 delightful, inspiring and downright awesome issues. Alas, real life intrudes and Alac has asked to be allowed to step down as Editor in Chief of The Zardian.

In her place, I was asked to lead the ezine project once again. Of course, I'll gladly do so and have already reintroduced myself to the team, reacquainted myself with The Zardian's format and gone through the Sneevil's fortress to find out which box I left my brain in. (It's still missing, but when I saw it last, it was labeled with a nice little tag. "If found, please return to smbdoll c/o The Zardian.") What I still need to do is get reacquainted with you, our readers. In order to continue to produce quality issues, the team and I need to know your wishes, your desires and your criticisms. Without feedback from you, we can't do our jobs the way we want to.

The Authors and Editors have worked hard, on this issue particularly, to make it one worth giving to you. They've poured in time that they could have spent with friends and family, creativity they might have used on other projects and thier quirky senses of humor that don't quite fit in elsewhere. As you sit reading this issue, please think of the authors as well. You are the only ones that can give them the feedback they need to do their work well.

Some of our authors have collaborated to write a stirring piece which will appear on this page with my editor's notes, providing their points of view and showing you where you can leave your precious feedback on our articles for us. I urge you all to consider taking your time to give back a little to the authors and to welcome our newest Authors in Training.

Personater and Sentharn joined The Zardian team (OK, I kidnapped them, but I gave them cake!) only a week ago and have strived to meet our deadline in time to be in this issue. The interview process was long and grueling. A lot of qualified candidates had to be turned down and I truly regret that. To those who were not selected, I'd like to encourage you to continue writing. Because your style wasn't what we needed this round, that does not mean it's not what we could need in the future. Nor does it discount the possibility of you learning new styles and developing your skills. It's a privilege to read your submissions and I hope to see many, many more in the future. Submissions can be sent to ezine@battleon.com directly, though we do ask that you follow the guidelines laid out under the "Submit Articles" button.

Thank you for taking the time to read The Zardian. We hope to hear from you soon on the forums!

Battle On!
smbdoll

< Message edited by smbdoll -- 12/21/2008 14:48:12 >
Post #: 1
12/22/2008 5:58:40   
mastin2

...Rather personally, what I'd want you to do is for you to write whatever you want to. I'd still read it. Why should you write something we want you to do and labor to finish it within time, when we're happy reading whatever you want to write? Sure, if you've got writers' block or something like that and don't have anything you want to write, then I'd try and help by giving a list of random stuff 'til you found something you like. :P

We wouldn't be here if we didn't enjoy every word you produce. :)

-M
Post #: 2
1/16/2009 21:35:05   
Cronos Dage The Mage

For the Games Updates section directly beside it(I could not find a post on this), Versy changed his name to Coyote(as you probably know). So that is either a mistake or he changed his name after this issue was made...

~C

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 37 - Letter from the Editor (smbdoll)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition